"No Wanted Level" Mission Exploits

78 replies to this topic
srg
  • srg

Bored Ass

• Members

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (pdescobar @ Feb 1 2006, 08:24)
If it's relatively easy to trap Cesar under a vehicle, the best bet is probably to do it down in flood control since that should be pretty safe.

It could possibly work this way. I wonder though if there's a possibility too of him getting wasted if you pin him under a vehicle for a long time. Sometimes he'll just stop following you if you've gone far away from him quickly.

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:34 PM

A quick note that srg discovered one more mission to add here: The Da Nang Thang. Very similar to the other recent additions; as soon as you hit the water, you're free to go exploring. It uses the same kind of looping wanted removal as "Are You Going..." and traffic/ped density is normal. I confirmed srg's descriptions of this one, Lure, and Pier 69 on the xbox as well. I'll add it to the first post later; I didn't want to fight with the list and table formatting yet again just now, though (the forum keeps changing my linespacing on every edit...)

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:12 AM

Amazing. You're a GTA god, PD.

Just came back to actually finish the "Drive-By" mission after exploiting the level freeze to head to San Fierro, get 24 or so snapshots, level up my AK, shotgun and MP5 to Hitman while compelling the San Fierro coroner to dig a mass grave for half the city's population. That's more fun than shooting tires on a parked car, that's for damn sure. There were no SF gangs on the streets or in cars that I saw; no Rifa, Da Nang Boys or anything. Only a rare cop car or two and no cops on the street. Then I flew back to LS with 30 HSRPG and then flew around for the sniper rifle pickups in Vinewood and atop the Jefferson hospital - then did the mission.

Although you can't do anything that is considered a mission (courier, stadiums etc.) this is still awesome. I'd have done all the snapshots if I had the time.

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:05 AM

OK, I finally got around to adding "The Da Nang Thang" to the first post. Since all of srg's contributions were the same kind of Loop Removal Mission as "Are You Going..." I rewrote the "How this works" section; it now names and explains the three major types of missions there and the "notes" part of each mission's details simply refers to this name to reduce the amount of redundancy. I also clarified or expanded some of the gory details. Barring any future additions or corrections, it won't need to be updated again as it is currenty up-to-date and I'm satisfied with the content.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:00 PM

Gracias, senor Escobar. Su trabajo es muy apreciado.

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 10 February 2006 - 02:07 PM

Fantastic, good work there. Very helpfull guide.

Bryce.
  • Bryce.

f*ck them and their whole crew

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:53 AM

Wowzas, great job PD. Just found this and I thought it was awesome!

gamefarter
  • gamefarter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 March 2006 - 09:24 PM

great guide man! I would try this myself, but my rabbit chewed my controller cord cry.gif
My idea is the OG Loc mission. I doubt you get stars on this mission, if that's the case I would say follow freddy to where he stops, after the chase, but don't get so close to where the cut-scene comes up. Drive -off and wreak havoc! you might not be able to get off the bike, I can't remember, but if you can, take OG Loc far away, so he doesn't kill freddy. Can someone try this? Please?

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 11 March 2006 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (gamefarter @ Mar 11 2006, 16:24)
great guide man! I would try this myself, but my rabbit chewed my controller cord cry.gif
My idea is the OG Loc mission. I doubt you get stars on this mission, if that's the case I would say follow freddy to where he stops, after the chase, but don't get so close to where the cut-scene comes up. Drive -off and wreak havoc! you might not be able to get off the bike, I can't remember, but if you can, take OG Loc far away, so he doesn't kill freddy. Can someone try this? Please?

First I've heard of it, but worth a look. I'll play around with that mission in the next few days and see if I can come up with something.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:35 AM Edited by GTA_Loco, 02 April 2006 - 03:46 PM.

Sorry, double post.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 02 April 2006 - 03:44 PM Edited by GTA_Loco, 12 April 2006 - 12:46 PM.

This is quite a long bump smile.gif

There are four more missions that are confirmed to freeze your wanted level at a certain point. Three are sort of Loop Removal ones (1 in Los Santos and 2 in San Fierro) and 1 Trespassing Allowed (in LV Desert). These are the missions LOS SEPULCROS, MT. CLOUD BOYS, MIKE TORENO and N.O.E.

Curiously, in the three Loop Removal missions ( LOS SEPULCROS, MT. CLOUD BOYS & MIKE TORENO) your wanted levels are instated as normal, incurring penalty stars as you comit violations or crimes, but law enforcer actions against you are frozen as if you do not have any wanted star at all. You can move around freely in restricted areas ( naval base, area 69, San Fierro or Las Venturas) for pick-up items or simply cause mayhem without getting busted, though you would earn wanted stars in the regular ways depending on the degree of your crime. You can even enter police HQs with as much as 5 stars and the cops would just mill around not minding you even if you start shooting them. Abolutely no action would be taken against you.

There are only two occassions when law enforcers would try to bust you in the usual ways depending on the wanted level you've earned: 1) when go inside any building, food shop, clothes, shop, etc. then go outside and 2) when you travel by aircraft.

But the degree of action the cops would take against you in the case of the former is very negligible and you can easily shake them off by simply running away from them. You don't even have to leave the area far. Your stars would stay in place but there'd be absolutely no more cops around to chase and bust you once you've shook them off even if you come back to the place where they spawned when you went outside. They'd simply vanish into thin air!

In the case of flying an aircraft, a Hydra would try to shoot you down only if you've earned 4-5 stars for trespassing the restricted areas including San Fierro and Las Venturas ( for LOS SEPULCROS) or Las Venturas (for MT. CLOUD BOYS and MIKE TORENO)which are/is still locked at this stage in the game. But going by land or sea, no actions against you would be taken even if you've earned 4-5 stars. So as long as you don't enter any establishment, no cops would bust you regardless of your wanted level.

Bottomline is, these three Loop Removal missions are highly exploitable about 99% of the chance.

Here are the details in brief:

A. LOOP REMOVAL MISSIONS

1. LOS SEPULCROS

- Vehicle and peds traffic are normal
- police presence in the streets is quite normal
- SAM is fully activated
- All establishments are opened except the gym

Method:
Do the mission as normal up to the point where you have to wait for Kane at the cemetery. Once Kane arrives, don't start the gunfight. Instead, leave the cemetery by hopping off the wall and you're now free to go anywhere.

Failure is to start the gunfight and let Kane escape or kill Sweet.

2.MT. CLOUD BOYS
- Vehicle and peds traffic are zero.
- police presence in the street is very rare
- SAM is fully activated

Method:
Do the mission as normal up to the point where you have to get out of the alley. From the start of the shootout, your wanted level is frozen already although you'll see that you'll still incur a star as you go about fighting it out against the Da Nangs. The tricky part here is not to just leave the place or you'll fail the mission if Woozie leaves the place too once he follows you. If you get the message " IF YOU LEAVE NOW WOOZIE WILL LOOSE FACE, BLAH, BLAH, you're bound to fail the mission. You have to make Woozie get in the proofed Sentinel so he won't leave the place. You can do this by leading him towards the car after you've killed the Da Nang gangsters save for that one hiding behind a wall. Once you've managed to lead Woozie to where the car is, try to enter the car repeatedly eventhough it'd be locked for CJ by pressing triangle (for PS2) which would eventually prompt woozie to enter the car. Once he's inside quickly leave the place and when you get the message " YOU LEFT WOOZIE BEHIND GO BACK AND GET HIM", then you're good to go. You can now explore this point in the mission where your wanted level is frozen without failing the mission yet.

Failure is to kill or let Woozie get killed, or go back to Woozie and leave the place when he gets off the car or you can opt to pass the mission.

3.MIKE TORENO

- Vehicle traffic is minimized
- Peds traffic is normal.
- police presence in the street is very rare
- SAM is fully activated

Method:
Do the mission as normal up to the point where you have to destroy the van. Do not destroy the van instead, and at this point off you can go now to anywhere you want to go and do whatever. Case is exactly similar to Mt. cloud boys.

Failure is to kill toreno or T-bone, or you can pass the mission.

B. TRESPASSING ALLOWED MISSION

Note: You can have access to the restricted areas (Area 69 & Naval Base ) but if you commit any other violation or crime elsewhere, you'll get stars and get busted in the normal way. This is basically similar to Vertical Bird.

1. N.O.E.

- Vehicle and peds traffic are normal
- police presence in the streets is normal
- SAM is fully activated
- All establishments are opened
- Area 69 & Naval Base are accessible without getting any star

Method:
Your unrestricted access to the restricted areas starts once you board the Rustler, when the timer and radar signal appear.
The exploitability of this mission is very limited though because it is timed and you only have 30 secs to lget back on the plane if you leave it before you fail the mission. Nevertheless, this is still exploitable if you want to get this early a Rhino hassle-free from Area 69 which is already available at this point in the game.

So once you ride the Rustler, fly as quickly as you can to Area 69 and land carefully beside the tank hangar. You can avoid the SAMs at this point while Toreno is explaining things out for you. The SAMS won't fire at you.
If you manage to land inside Area 69, get off the plane and quickly steal the Rhino. Get out of the base as quickly as you can before your 30 secs expires for leaving the plane and mission failure. Normally, you'll still have about 10 secs left to fail the mission when you're already outside of the base. Just drive the Rhino then to your hangar after mission failure.

C. UNEXPLOITABLE ZERO MAX

1. SUPPLY LINES

-Unexploitable obviously because you've been transformed into a mini plane and as such, what can this thing do but to blast your targets to complete the mission or just have your unconventional sweet revenge to anyone especially the cops without getting penalties. That's just about it.

Have fun.

Plaka
  • Plaka

King Of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ Apr 2 2006, 18:44)
This is quite a long bump smile.gif

So is this tounge.gif

I used the Drive-By exploit to grab all the collectibles, up my weapons stats and get a Pilot's License ... very entertaining thankyou pdecobar for gathering all this info in one Topic wink.gif

kiwidesign
  • kiwidesign

GTA:LC kiwi :)

• Members

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (Plaka @ May 26 2006, 21:41)
I used the Drive-By exploit to grab all the collectibles, up my weapons stats and get a Pilot's License ... very entertaining thankyou pdecobar for gathering all this info in one Topic wink.gif
so you did it quite at the beginning of the game, is it? user posted image

and... sorry if someone asked this, but obviously isn't possible to save during this exploits, right?

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:41 PM

yes, it can be done quite early, but there are plenty of opportunities throughout the game.

same rules apply about saving: you can't save during a mission. however, if you don't mind failing a mission, you can always collect what you can, fail, save, then start the mission over again and finish collecting oysters, horseshoes, whatever.

kiwidesign
  • kiwidesign

• Members

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:07 PM

grazie! user posted image

little OT: I think I never saved after failed a mission, but in my mission stats the "mission attempts" are 24, and "mission passed" only 20... how it's possible? user posted image

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 01 July 2006 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (kiwidesign @ Jul 1 2006, 16:07)
little OT: I think I never saved after failed a mission, but in my mission stats the "mission attempts" are 24, and "mission passed" only 20... how it's possible?

Ignore the missions attempted stat. Many things (such as entering a gym) will increment that stat even though they aren't completable missions. If you're interested in that, do some searches for things like "missions attempted" or similar phrases and you'll find plenty of previous discussion on it.

kiwidesign
  • kiwidesign

• Members

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:49 AM Edited by kiwidesign, 02 July 2006 - 02:59 PM.

okay many thanks and... awesome thread escobar! icon14.gif

(50/50 oysters! I did it, yeahhhhh inlove.gif ...it takes to me 1-2 hours, I'm not sure 'cause it was about 3-4am in italy user posted image, than i came back to LS and I finished Los Sepulcros... phew! viddy_pirate.gif )

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (pdescobar @ Jan 31 2006, 01:31)
Saint Mark's Bistro
Method:Unexploitable because it only lasts while you are in Liberty City. If you can escape Liberty City somehow without failing the mission it might be exploitable.

As a matter of fact, you can escape from LC in S. Mark Bistro mission. It's fairy difficult, so probably not worth it in terms of "no wanted level" exploit, unless one likes the good challenge.
Before the mission starts, you need to have grenades, parachute and the Transfendr- moddabe car in your Doherty garage. And you should put the marker on that garage. Or even better, on the mod shop near the Wang Cars. Veterans of the Interiors Haven probably already know where I'm heading smile.gif
When you arrive to the LC, kill everyone except the red markered guy. Go to the right of the Sentinel on the backyard, on the largest snowdrift, throw the grenade under CJ's feet and about a second later jump up. If you time it just right, the explosion will catapult you over the wall. That's the hardest part, after that its just fun.

By the way, its the beginning of the classic method of exploring LC without cheats.

On the other side of the wall you need to find a unsolid piece of wall and drop down. Nothing hard there, the real challenge would be not to fall smile.gif
Open the parachute and fly towards your marker at the Doherty Garage. You'll see that garage and part of the neiboring streets are loaded but the rest of the world is invisible. Yours cars in the garage are invisible too, but they are solid and you can actually get in and drive one. Even the invisible car appears to have a shadow, so you can easily see where you are heading. Just drive into the Transfender and then drive out (remember, that car must be Transfender - moddable). You are back to the real world (well, sorts of smile.gif ), and still on the mission.
You cant get any stars, but cops sometimes react on your actions. Like aiming the guns at you. Once cop even dragged me from the car, but then he turned around and walked away. The traffic seams normal. The map is still useless, and for some reason the airport's gates doesn't open. (At the very least at the SF airport).
The way out- suicide only. And where ever you die, you respawn in LV hospital, near the airport.

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:27 PM

Wow, this is awsome, thanks for bothering to write all that, I appreciate it.
Cookies for you: cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

I'm gonna try the Los desperados one, since I got a save on it too. I'll try jack SWAT vans and get them to walk the streets like riots squads, lol.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:41 PM

Great guide, thanks for all the hard work involved.

But if you exploit one of them, what can you do that's actually useful for the rest of the game? You can explore everywhere and you can load up with some advanced weaponry that wouldn't normally be available to you at this early stage. What else can you do?

I did the Los Sepulcros one and travelled around quite a bit with 4 stars. I did notice that a few police cars crashed into me as they swooped on a 4 star wanted criminal. But that was just bad driving on their part as they tried to get to me quickly. As soon as they stopped they didn't actually shoot at me or try to arrest me.

You can collect all the horseshoes earlier than usual. But I think it's been shown that they don't actually affect your luck so there's no real point to that.

You can collect all the oysters earlier than usual. That's very useful because you get to have coffee with all the ladies as soon as you meet them.

You can go into Area 69 just by crashing the gates, but the Rhino isn't there and you can't get underground to get the jet-pack early on.

You can go into the Easter Bay naval base without getting shot at. But there's nothing to be gained there except to explore it and to get the two oysters in the bay near there.

You can jump into Easter Bay airport and fly the maverick, you can also find one on the helipad at Bayside sometimes. Although when you do fly them you are liable to be shot at by Hydras.

The Sea Sparrow isn't where I usually find it in the little bay on the coast north of Verdant Meadows. The Sea Sparrow and the Skimmer aren't by the dam.

What else can you actually do if you exploit one of these loopholes?

Steve

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:08 PM

That's basically covered in the "Why bother?" section of the first post. Also keep in mind that these missions span the entire storyline; just because something isn't accessible at the start of the game doesn't mean it's never accessible. So, for example, the Rhino isn't in Area 69 during Los Sepulcros, but it is there during You've Had Your Chips, so if someone has difficulty stealing the Rhino during normal play, that's a great time for them to get one.

One useful aspect of this stuff also has nothing to do with Wanted Level at all: certain missions (like Reuniting the Families) reduce traffic, so completing some of the pain-in-the-ass unique jumps that have you driving the wrong way on a road or crossing busy streets become much easier.

Really, it's all about options. These exploits to me are just occasional fun things to do without resorting to cheats; heck, I only rarely use them for collectibles anymore because I kinda like the challenge of doing it with 4-stars. But everyone has different styles and different preferences and this is one more way to play. smile.gif

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:13 PM

I think I have discovered a slight variation of the mission exploit… the Chiliad Challenges (all 3 of them).
During the challenges the police never give ground chase, but they are still flying overhead with the Mavericks. I have tested this several times when Mount Chiliad is still locked, so I had a constant 4-Star Wanted Level.
The Police were all over me before and after each race, but they just seemed to give up during the actual race. Occasionally I would see a ground cop, but nothing ever came of it.

I tried to see if this would work beyond Mount Chiliad by ignoring the race and heading toward San Fierro, but before I could get very far a ‘Loser’ message popped up and said the race was over because I had gone too far (or something to that effect)… immediately after that the cops were right there, out of nowhere.

Even if this is an exploit, it’s not a good one for exploring the rest of the map… even getting off of the bike during the race triggers a 25-second disqualification timer.

ReverendHolland
  • ReverendHolland

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:22 PM

I discovered one of Catalina's Missions can be exploited - the one where you rob the bank. Although it may have been a one of glitch and I shall replay the mission to see if it can be done again

RichardG
  • RichardG

Rat

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:07 PM Edited by RichardG, 17 November 2014 - 10:49 PM.

-guilt-tripped 17 Nov 2014-

crackman5000
  • crackman5000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:40 AM

Ever since viewing this article for San Andreas, I've been searching all over the internet for a guide like this but for GTA 4 and have had no luck.

The one level I'm sure of in GTA 4 is "Out of Commission" - but this is one of the very last levels in the game and while its still fun to go on an uninterrupted spree, it doesn't do much good for any other purposes.

I did however find in "The lost and the Damned" a mission early on that would be classified as a zero max mission. "Liberty City Choppers" is like the 5th mission or so.

Jim will have you come with him to steal 4 bikes from a rival gang. When you get there and begin stealing the bikes, you have to call your buddies for backup. After killing the rival bikers, load the 4 bikes onto your trailer and leave the scene. Follow the waypoint back to the drop off spot, but do not enter the mission complete. Ditch the truck and bikes and have fun. Jim seems to come with you everywhere, and he even will join in on the fun at times. You shouldn't encounter any cops from that point forward and have free reign of the entire map.

Enjoy.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:31 AM

Glad people have a chance to see this topic again who might have missed it. However, let's keep the talk in here about SA.

This might be a good project to find out how many, if any, such exploits exist in IV.

crackman5000
  • crackman5000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:44 AM Edited by crackman5000, 07 March 2010 - 05:09 AM.

No Problem MM,
I added my last post to the proper thread in for L&D. I'm actually surprised you've replied so quickly on this thread. But you're right that this article should be viewed by more GTA enthusiasts. I've used it extensively for SA. Good stuff.

Here's a link to the new thread:

http://www.gtaforums...&f=245&t=442495

Kokuei
  • Kokuei

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:20 PM

What about gray imports? Didn't really explore during the mission because I did what there was to be done in LS and just progressing the story. But whenever I got a star it disappeared right after the radio announcement.

Jioyt
  • Jioyt

Can`t Stop Me!

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:29 AM Edited by Jioyt, 23 August 2013 - 11:38 AM.

is only the par where you jump over the wall a loop removal on los seprucos, because at the end of the fight I have a 2* wanted rating at the point I need to escape frpm the cemetery/

EDIT:lol was on that mission now and got just past big smokes house and flipped the car, it said mission failed sweets car is ablaze and hes to smart to get back in!!! lol.gif

DOUBLE EDIT: NOOO!! I got 48 snapshots on los serpulous and my in game radio started playing up and my game froze!!! Damn you old over played disc, damn you!!! im trying the method of opening my ps2 tray(ive got slim) and closing it now. it worked to save me the hassle of getting the tags again. if It doesn't work, il just start los seprucos and go get the minigun... as I speek the method didn't work. my tv just went quite

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:31 PM Edited by OG Viking, 28 January 2014 - 01:56 AM.

This is a "no wanted level" guide, but I think it could have been a little broader in its scope. Example: High Stakes, Low Rider is removing traffic, thus also removing all police vehicles that would otherwise follow you. There are probably more missions that do similar things that are not mentioned in this guide.

(Jioyt @ Friday, Aug 23 2013,)

is only the par where you jump over the wall a loop removal on los seprucos, because at the end of the fight I have a 2* wanted rating at the point I need to escape frpm the cemetery/

Los Sepulcros is an Ignored by Police Mission from you start the cut scene at the cemetery. There must be a script that adds up stars a lot faster, maybe because it's unethical to attack a funeral.
Sweet can say some funny things. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users