» «
Photo

reversng a cheat code or editing savefile

4 replies to this topic
rhb
  • rhb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2006 - 12:53 AM Edited by rhb, 27 January 2006 - 12:56 AM.

I typed in a cheat code to maximize fat, btcdbcb. Can this be reversed after saving the file? Is there a way to edit those GTASAsf##.b files and get rid of it from there? I haven't edited these files before so any help or advice would be appreciated.
I am familiar with file editing ala UltraEdit32 and notepad++ so if anyone knows the byte positions or such info, I can get dangerous from there.
thanks.

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (rhb @ Jan 26 2006, 19:53)
I typed in a cheat code to maximize fat, btcdbcb. Can this be reversed after saving the file? Is there a way to edit those GTASAsf##.b files and get rid of it from there? I haven't edited these files before so any help or advice would be appreciated.
I am familiar with file editing ala UltraEdit32 and notepad++ so if anyone knows the byte positions or such info, I can get dangerous from there.
thanks.

It shouldn't harm your ability to complete the game, but I guess you're just annoyed by the incessant warning. biggrin.gif The save file format is posted here although I haven't looked to see if the "has used cheats" flag is listed there. I think some of the trainers could be used to remove the cheat warning too, but my memory ain't exactly a steel trap.

rhb
  • rhb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:09 AM

what it is is, I maxed my fat ass to get in with Barbara up in El Quebrados but now I am at the mission where I need to get in with Millie and I can't get the fat off to do it. I really don't want to cheat. I found the code and did it out of curiosity. I have gone all of the way through and I am at 'End of the Line' and "Up Up and Away" without any cheat code except the fatty one.
Any help would be appreciated.

-RHB
Ballas Worst Nightmare

adman123
  • adman123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (pdescobar @ Jan 27 2006, 01:06)

It shouldn't harm your ability to complete the game, but I guess you're just annoyed by the incessant warning. biggrin.gif The save file format is posted here although I haven't looked to see if the "has used cheats" flag is listed there. I think some of the trainers could be used to remove the cheat warning too, but my memory ain't exactly a steel trap.

Any idea about the radar blips in the savefile?

I seem to have an extra radar blip that I can't make go away... if I could somehow remove it from the save file...

The blip is located at the garage in San Fiero, but isn't associated with any mission that I can tell. Or, it's a bug left over from some previous mission. (I seem to remember dying right at the end of a mission or something, and getting into this state of limbo where the blip is still there, but I could continue in the game).

Obviously, at the location of the blip is nothing... just the garage with a save disk as usual (nothing to step into).

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Adman

VC Hacker
  • VC Hacker

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 January 2006 - 06:20 PM

The control center can turn off the cheat flag and it can change your stats if you want to get the pounds off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users