Photo

vice city stories

15 replies to this topic
gta_crazy
  • gta_crazy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2006 - 03:53 PM

seen as rockstar made liberty city stories maybe they'd make another sequel like vice city stories i think that would be a killer. Then if they made that, even a San Andreas stories? Does anyone agree with me? I for one would totally think visiting vice city again would be wicked!!! Go rahkstar2.gif

skyfam
  • skyfam

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:17 PM

OH Yeah that rocks! I love everything related to that bealtiful city!

ABOUT SA?I only like LS cry.gif

Holmes
  • Holmes

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:23 PM Edited by Holmes, 17 January 2006 - 04:32 PM.

There are many topics about Vice City Stories and it's speculation. Many of them in fact are on this first page and in GTA4. - Holmes

skyfam
  • skyfam

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (Holmes @ Jan 17 2006, 16:23)
There are many topics about Vice City Stories and it's speculation. Many of them in fact are on this first page and in GTA4. - Holmes

yeah ,ya notice that some sound FXS in LCS are from VC? cool.gif

ETfoneHOMEtoTOMMY
  • ETfoneHOMEtoTOMMY

psycho,so dont mess with me asshole

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:44 PM

liberty city stories used the vice city engine.thats why you can get vcn maverik helicopter using edison carter cheat device.the dodo must be replacing vice citys skimmer(when you land the skimer on the ground it wont move)you can fly the dodo using edison carter cheat device.

i think the next game should be vice city stories. [fact take2 said the next gatapsp will be a new city it will be sequel to gtalcs]. it will be most likely be carcer city or lonon i guese or mabey it will be liberty city 1936.remember the mission where you went throu the derelict subway then you blew it up.

gta vice city stories would rock[COLOR=red]

bloodyskies
  • bloodyskies

lick my Ballers

• Members

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:03 PM

actually no, LCS is NOT based on the VC engine at all, the PSP is NOT a portable PS2, there are significant differences in the hardware, and the engine had to be written again from the ground up - otherwise you'd expect to see far more VC features, and proper helicopter flying - instead it's cut down because the PSP doesn't have sufficient memory to handle all of the information, hence why there are massive bits of the buildings missing from certain angles, and there are loads of buildings you can't land on - the memory overhead for the additional information to make flying believable as in VC is too high..

El Kameleon
  • El Kameleon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:34 PM Edited by El Kameleon, 18 January 2006 - 10:10 PM.

I made this mockup of what the game could look like. (UMD disc) Hope ya like it. Modified to be "exact" size tounge.gif

user posted image

Noru
  • Noru

Whats to tell?

• Members

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:38 PM

thats not bad

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (bloodyskies @ Jan 18 2006, 21:03)
actually no, LCS is NOT based on the VC engine at all, the PSP is NOT a portable PS2, there are significant differences in the hardware, and the engine had to be written again from the ground up - otherwise you'd expect to see far more VC features, and proper helicopter flying - instead it's cut down because the PSP doesn't have sufficient memory to handle all of the information, hence why there are massive bits of the buildings missing from certain angles, and there are loads of buildings you can't land on - the memory overhead for the additional information to make flying believable as in VC is too high..

Because some of the VC features are not in LCS doesn't mean that its not using the VC engine. sarcasm.gif The fact that Liberty City was copied from GTA 3 is the reason why there are no roofs on buildings and other stuff to do with the map.

@El Kameleon: Nice except the logo is way too small. It would be hardly visible because the UMD is much smaller than that. But its still very nice icon14.gif

El Kameleon
  • El Kameleon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:56 PM

actually, its the same size as on the original UMD, i scanned my LCS game into my PC for reference biggrin.gif then commenced a few hours of photoshop, its really that small. I know its hard to take the game out of your PSP, but if you do, you'll see i'm right wink.gif

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:59 PM

I just put my UMD up to the screen. The UMDs only is as big as the white circle in the middle. Did you like make it bigger or something. Or have you got an over sized PSP?

El Kameleon
  • El Kameleon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:03 PM Edited by El Kameleon, 18 January 2006 - 10:11 PM.

its not actual size tounge.gif i just meant its proportionate to the rest of the image... get it? as in if the UMDs were that size, itd be correct, just use your eyes to check for correct porportion, in the meantime, i'll try to get it "exact" as far as 1024x768 res goes.

EDIT: I changed the size to better represent actual size, but the image isnt as crisp.

Original GTA Master
  • Original GTA Master

"The Harwood Butcher"

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:21 AM

people keep saying that the next GTA is going to be a new map yes GTA4 is the one that is going to have a new map and i think VCS will be the next game for the PSP

Black7
  • Black7

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:18 PM

The Take Two statement said a new GTA in a new city and a new GTA for the PSP. They didn't say a new psp GTA set in an entirely new city. People are assuming these are the same. they're most likely not. There are 3 GTA's in the works right now: LCS for the PS2, GTA4 for the PS3(the new city) and GTA:Unknown Stories for the PSP.

Rockstar likes the trilogy concept, and have already established the LCS in the same city as GTA3. VC was a small mod and advancement on GTA3, it's logical that they'll keep to the GTA3:prequel Stories theme and make the next two GTA's for the PSP as VC Stories and SA Stories. They have established maps they can easily mod for prequels and trim down textures to fit on PSP. The new UMD's with double capacity are already in the works and UMD prices are dropping below DVD cost to make, so a dual disk SA is a real posibility as #3 for PSP.

But you never know with Rockstar. They might surprise us with something entirely new. But I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Nick000
  • Nick000

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:02 AM

Lol I should print that UMD out and like tape it onto one of my umd's and fool my friends.

That'd be hilarious watching the idiots believe. lol.gif

Original GTA Master
  • Original GTA Master

"The Harwood Butcher"

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:04 AM

well it is going to be Vice City Stories its a really big feeling iv had ever since LCS came out
and the reason it wouldnt take long to make VCS or SAS is because they already go the maps forthe game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users