Photo

Scarface: The World Is Yours

44 replies to this topic
Pastor Richards
  • Pastor Richards

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 January 2006 - 06:55 AM

Does anyone have any thoughts on this pending game, might tide us over till the next GTA,

http://www.scarfacegame.com/us/

Looks familier... no?

I was searching for a picture from the movie, and when these screen shots came up, my first thought was that I was looking at Vice City Stories!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 15 January 2006 - 07:19 AM

That game looks pretty good. Yes, it reminds me of Vice City, but Vice City is based on the movie so what would you expect? I may buy the game.

Oh and it says that Al Pacino is part of the game.

Dublo 7
  • Dublo 7

Trying Your Luck

• Members

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:04 AM

So... Tony Montana survived about a billionty bullets at the end of the movie?
Sounds Great! icon14.gif

bored.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:32 AM

This game hasn't come out yet?

DiVaio
  • DiVaio

• Members

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:03 AM

I don't think this game will be as good as vice city, but it still may be good. The soundtrack's great, that's for sure.

D Jones
  • D Jones

smoked out

• Members

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (Dublo 7 @ Jan 16 2006, 03:04)
Sounds Great! icon14.gif

bored.gif

He's Tony Montana. He only managed to escape a man who chainsaw'd his friend and was about to Chainsaw him. He also dodged a bullet at the Babyllon(sp) club as well. He's... Antonio Montana, a cuban refuge.

In other words, he's basically god. smile.gif

Lithium
  • Lithium

Draugr

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:27 PM

Looks to be a promising game! I wonder if the game controls will be like Vice City also?

boobtronic
  • boobtronic

Battletoads..a simpler time

• Members

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (Dublo 7 @ Jan 16 2006, 09:04)
Sounds Great! icon14.gif

bored.gif

I believe this game starts when he 203's the door, the ever famous "say hello.." scene, and you have to start the game blasting the f*ck out of all the guys outside (what did he call them again?) Just remember to look behind you.

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

Your friendly neighborhood Goodfella

• The Precinct

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:51 PM

Yeah, it's kind of a "What If..?" story, might be a filler till the next gta. I also read Ricky Gervais will be voicing a role in the game, which is pretty crazy.

zeta1
  • zeta1

-All Tarkers Must FŮcking Hang-

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:41 AM

I read Cheech Marin will be in it too. But dont get surprised if vivendi f*cks up like they did with bulletproof. I hope not though. I want to shoot that cockroach' Sosa cuz he got no balls and a man without balls aint not a man. Tony Montana is really Al Pacino and Al Pacino is like in a mid-life crisis right now, Im only gonna buy this game cuz i want to cruise around with Frank wearing my ray-bans and my $500 suits while driving my porsche. Also Frank is alive in the game still so its not exactly a what if but more a "We changed the climax and the ending to make a game" type of thing. Though i hate to say it but, the Ar-15 is not a gun someone is wielding in public like those screenshots. Very Unrealistic-al.but f*ck it i gonna kill all you cockroaches and then ill rescuscitate Gina and then ill go shoot up those communist pricks and kill castro and on my way home ill stop at the club and shoot me some columbians. Cant wait. cryani.gif

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:34 PM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 18 January 2006 - 01:42 PM.

I was reading about this game when I saw this topic. I've been waiting since last summer for this baby to come out. I was hoping I would have it during the winter months to keep in occupied but no.

I read that the release date is May 17(PS2) (my birthday) thats nearly 6 months after the original release date. This is good in a way as they have plenty of time to get the game in top order for release, no rush. I've just read its Sept 28 (PS3) www.release-dates.net

The screenshot of Tony dancing in the Babyllon is great. It's the Malibu all over again exept different peds. I sincerely hope you can go in there when ever you like.

user posted image

Its great Al Pacino is doing the voice acting in this because we will have a whole load of funny, classic Tony Montana one-liners and sayings. ...

"Why don't you try sticking your head up your ass and see if it fits?"

"You f*ck with me and you're f*cking with the best"

"She's a real tiger, maon"

I wonder what happens to his wife? Or ex-wife. I'm gonna buy the movie and the game around the same time. I'll watch the movie the day before the game comes out to get syked up for it.

Pyrrhus
  • Pyrrhus

GTAForums Crew

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (zeta1 @ Jan 18 2006, 19:41)
But dont get surprised if vivendi f*cks up like they did with bulletproof. I hope not though.

Vivendi Universal were 50 Cent: Bulletproof's publisher not the developer. The same is true with Scarface: The World Is Yours.

It annoys me just as much when the publisher gets the credit for bringing out a great game.

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (zeta1 @ Jan 18 2006, 06:41)
...he got no balls and a man without balls aint not a man.

REALLY!?!?! wow.gif wow.gif

ONTOPIC:Great game, gotta watch the movie.

ToyMachine
  • ToyMachine

Scum.

• Members

Posted 19 January 2006 - 02:43 AM

I've been hearing of this game coming out for the past year and a half and I have never heard of a date. I never saw what made Scarface so great anyway. I think the movie is overrated.

OriginalGangster
  • OriginalGangster

Lost, Never Forgotten

• Members

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (ToyMachine @ Jan 18 2006, 21:43)
I've been hearing of this game coming out for the past year and a half and I have never heard of a date. I never saw what made Scarface so great anyway. I think the movie is overrated.

wow.gif are you serious?

i love scarface, it combines action with some comedy and its Al Pacino! How can you not like it?

Philtheonearmedbandit
  • Philtheonearmedbandit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (OriginalGangster @ Jan 19 2006, 03:23)
QUOTE (ToyMachine @ Jan 18 2006, 21:43)

wow.gif are you serious?

i love scarface, it combines action with some comedy and its Al Pacino! How can you not like it?

It's way too long and while the beginning and the ending are excellent the middle is rather boring. Still think Tony Montana was Pacino's best role.

Technical Difficulty
  • Technical Difficulty

Run for your life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:30 AM

The graphics look identical to Driv3r, which sucked. Look real hard at the screens. Shadowing sucks, the clothes don't look like they're going to move, the water sucks. It will be nowhere close to being as good as Vice. - Party on Garth

Sly_Madman
  • Sly_Madman

Dripping with coolness.

• Members

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (Technical Difficulty @ Jan 19 2006, 04:30)
The graphics look identical to Driv3r, which sucked. Look real hard at the screens. Shadowing sucks, the clothes don't look like they're going to move, the water sucks. It will be nowhere close to being as good as Vice. - Party on Garth

True, the graphics arn't great, but if the only reason you play a game is graphics then you're no gamer. I remember when I first saw The Matrix I thought "Man, If they make a video game of that it'll be awesome", then came Path of Neo. Needless to say it was less than awesome. If they capture Tony Montana right in this game, and get a real Scarface atmosphere and good gameplay, there no reason I won't lay down $50 to have it.

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 21 January 2006 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (D Jones @ Jan 16 2006, 06:29)
QUOTE (Dublo 7 @ Jan 16 2006, 03:04)
Sounds Great!  icon14.gif

bored.gif

He's Tony Montana. He only managed to escape a man who chainsaw'd his friend and was about to Chainsaw him. He also dodged a bullet at the Babyllon(sp) club as well. He's... Antonio Montana, a cuban refuge.

In other words, he's basically god. smile.gif

Not a cuban refugee he is a politcal prisoner as he would say in the movie.

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:10 PM

New screens are up

New up... old ones removed.

BIG IMPROVEMENT!

-kthx

Paco
  • Paco

i saw it written and i saw it say

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:47 PM

GOD DAMN! Those new screenies look lush. sh*t, the game looks like it just might be worth it. Whats the release date on that?

Paco is too lazy to check

Rayo Puņo
  • Rayo Puņo

• Members

Posted 01 April 2006 - 11:44 PM

Actually looks and sounds suprisingly good. I thought this was supposed to come out in like January though. Gamespot has it Q4 '06 for PS2, Q3 for PC and XBOX & 360 whatsthat.gif

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 02 April 2006 - 02:41 AM

So Al Pacino is still on for the voice acting? His voice has far evolved from his Scarface days and this must be noted. I don't know how he can still pull his Cuban accent with such a raspy, dry voice. He's still the man, though, and my favorite actor by far.

Mike_Toreno
  • Mike_Toreno

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:30 AM

Meh. This game just looks "alright." Quite a few months back I saw an early preview on the game, what it's going to be like and what features there will be. I was pretty confident back then that this game would be pretty good and enjoyable, but I'm having second thoughts now. The graphics don't look particularly respectable, and they've twisted the plot so that you start off the game where it finishes in the film, and, Tony Mantana survives after being shot at least 50 times. It doesn't at all sound real and I think they should have just kept the game plot the same as the film. But nonetheless, I'll have to go out and buy the game when it's released, I mean, it's Scarface - it's a must to see what it's like even if it doesn't look that promising from the screenshots and reviews. Hopefully this game will turn out to be good rather than something like Driv3r.

gta_player5
  • gta_player5

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:37 AM

I usually am not impressed by games based off movies, i.e. Matrix series of games. But this games look very promising, I originally didn't want to get the Godfather game because of me being skeptical, but that was good so this one looks just as good. The screen shots looked great, the graphics look great as well.
-GTAP-

NAME CHANGE LOL
  • NAME CHANGE LOL

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:07 AM

looks crap imo. only time will tell though.

Tom Hagan
  • Tom Hagan

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (Mike_Toreno @ Apr 1 2006, 23:30)
Meh. This game just looks "alright." Quite a few months back I saw an early preview on the game, what it's going to be like and what features there will be. I was pretty confident back then that this game would be pretty good and enjoyable, but I'm having second thoughts now. The graphics don't look particularly respectable, and they've twisted the plot so that you start off the game where it finishes in the film, and, Tony Mantana survives after being shot at least 50 times. It doesn't at all sound real and I think they should have just kept the game plot the same as the film. But nonetheless, I'll have to go out and buy the game when it's released, I mean, it's Scarface - it's a must to see what it's like even if it doesn't look that promising from the screenshots and reviews. Hopefully this game will turn out to be good rather than something like Driv3r.

Actually you are wrong, the game starts off just before he blows the door off the hinges, then you go on from there. You get to play through that infamous battle, and I think it will be fun as hell.

gta player13
  • gta player13

BOOM! headshot.

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (Dublo 7 @ Monday, Jan 16 2006, 09:04)
Sounds Great! icon14.gif

bored.gif

The game starts at the end of the movie and you kill the assasin,and you don't get shot by the other guys either.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

Way to bump a thread tha is 7 years old... Dumb fool.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

Since the bump has already happened...

I hate the way the drug dealing was reduced to a timing based mini game on this game, instead of dynamic situations/characters, haggling, interaction and choice. I suppose i can't really expect much what with it being from the PS2 days though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users