*Microsoft Visual Basic Express Edition 2005 - It's Free and is very useful.
*About 10 minutes of free time.
<<<<Step One>>>> GETTING STARTED
1. When you have started up Visual Basic Express Edition 2005 go to File -> New Project (or Ctrl+N)
2. Chose Windows Application and call it what ever you want (I used SALauncher).
<<<<Step Two>>>> ADDING THE CONTROLS
1. You will now be presented with a Window called Form1. You can do whatever you want with the window (Place images or something on it if you wish)
2. In VB 2005's Toolbox (Docked on the left side of the screen, simple press it and a menu will pop-up)
3. In this menu find NotifyIcon. Click it and drag it on to Form1. It can be placed anywhere as it auto-hides when dropped.
4. The NotifyIcon text and image will know appear down in a little gray box below the form field.
5. Click on it and you will see a little arrow appear above it, click the arrow and another menu will show up with a link text "Choose Icon on it" Click it and find a icon (.ico file) This will be the icon that will appear in tasktray.
<<<<Step Three>>>> ADDING THE CODE
1. Now open your VB's ToolBar again an choose ContextMenuStrip and drag and drop it on to Form1 like you did before.
2. You will now be able to make a Right-Click menu, add a menu called "Launch SA".
3. Then double click it and you will get a code page to type code for what happens when the user clicks the "Launch SA" menu item.
4. Type the following in here: (edit if your gta_sa.exe is in a different location)
|Dim notepadID As Integer = Shell("C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\gta_sa.exe", AppWinStyle.NormalFocus)|
<<<<Step Four>>>> GETTING THE MENU TO SHOW-UP
1. Now click on the NotifyIcon again and press the Properties tab on the Left Hand Side of your form.
2. Under the tab Behavior it has a area saying ContextMenuStrip and next to it it has drop down menu with the words "(none)" there. Click it and go down to ContextMenuStrip1 and click it. Your done...Go to step five to test it.
<<<<Step Five>>>> TESTING YOUR APPLICATION
1. Now click the menu Debug -> Start Debugging (or F5).
2. Now wait till it builds your applications. Once it does you will see your Form1 and it will be alive like a proper application.
3. Now look at your tasktray and you will see your chosen icon for the notifyicon. Right-Click it and you will see your ContextMenuStrip you made.
4. Click it and GTA SA will load.
5. Your done, you have made your own GTALauncher.