Photo

Next Gta for PSP

24 replies to this topic
Persian man
  • Persian man

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:37 PM

For the main character for the next Gta for psp if it is Vice City Stoies which I think its most likely going to be you might be Claude from Gta 3 cause on one of the missions in Gta 3 Ray says see you in miami which is where vice city represents. Well sorry if this is in the wrong spot, who do you all think the main character for the next gta for psp is gonna be?

chimpsch89
  • chimpsch89

Liam_A_89

• Members

Posted 10 January 2006 - 10:01 PM

i can't really see it being claude as if vice city stories is made i think it would be set a couple of years before vice city. maybe 1984. ive heard that claude is about 34 in gta3 so in vice city time he would have been 17 and if vice city stories is made he would probs have been about 14/15 at the time of the game. so i think not

Persian man
  • Persian man

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 January 2006 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (chimpsch89 @ Jan 10 2006, 22:01)
i can't really see it being claude as if vice city stories is made i think it would be set a couple of years before vice city. maybe 1984. ive heard that claude is about 34 in gta3 so in vice city time he would have been 17 and if vice city stories is made he would probs have been about 14/15 at the time of the game. so i think not

No i mean like in 2002 cause that guy ray says see you in miami, or i was thinking maybe Diaz.

P_Funk
  • P_Funk

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:59 AM

Miami is kinda lame these days. Its hey-day was the 80s so it makes sense for any game there to be set during this time. The only modern Miami game that I figure would ever be made is the Girls GOne Wild interactive beach party. Its all about the 80s man. Plus if it were 2002 they wouldn't be able to exploit nearly as much of the existing back story from Vice City. This series is all about return characters. The GTA Stories idea seems to be about expanding on the bigger brother version's story. Vice City means nothing to GTA if its not the 80s. Its like having a Grove Street sequel set today when the Bloods and the Crips have a stable truce and Black Gang dominance is basically at an end.

jc steel
  • jc steel

South London!

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 January 2006 - 02:44 PM

The charector for the next gta should be............................. your own so if you wanna play as claede then all you do is select him or "make" him this way evry one gets what they want and you could complete the game and then complete it as a another charector so it adds replayability, me personaly would want a cj like charector with the personality of merlon wayans anyone agree?

Pyrrhus
  • Pyrrhus

GTAF Lieutenant

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Australia

Posted 15 January 2006 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (jc steel @ Jan 15 2006, 22:44)
The charector for the next gta should be............................. your own so if you wanna play as claede then all you do is select him or "make" him this way evry one gets what they want and you could complete the game and then complete it as a another charector so it adds replayability, me personaly would want a cj like charector with the personality of merlon wayans anyone agree?

No, a create-a-character feature has been discussed many times on this forum with the general consensus being that the inclusion of it would be detrimental to the storyline of that game it is included in because the storyline would have to accomodate for each character that can be created.

Another thing that would be affected is the development of the main character. In the previous games you got to know the main character and why they do the things that they do etc.

Holmes
  • Holmes

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 January 2006 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (Persian man @ Jan 10 2006, 22:10)
QUOTE (chimpsch89 @ Jan 10 2006, 22:01)

No i mean like in 2002 cause that guy ray says see you in miami, or i was thinking maybe Diaz.

Diaz in his younger years could have worked, like Toni did. - Holmes

PimpPanda
  • PimpPanda

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 January 2006 - 05:09 PM

I heard that their making a new place for the new GTA PSP.

P_Funk
  • P_Funk

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (PimpPanda @ Jan 15 2006, 17:09)

I dont like it. That means theres a new place in the GTA world that we dont get to visit in true PS2/PC glory, just some lame PSP way.

Pyrrhus
  • Pyrrhus

GTAF Lieutenant

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Australia

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (P_Funk @ Jan 16 2006, 17:03)

I dont like it. That means theres a new place in the GTA world that we dont get to visit in true PS2/PC glory, just some lame PSP way.

I don't think that's true. Take-Two announced that it would be an 'all-new' GTA for the PSP but I don't think that means that it's guaranteed to be set in a new location, it just means that it won't be a port of an existing title in the series (ie. Liberty City Stories wasn't a port of GTAIII).

I also hope that it isn't set in a new city because that is something that should be saved for GTAIV.

P_Funk
  • P_Funk

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 January 2006 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (Pyrrhus @ Jan 16 2006, 11:06)
I also hope that it isn't set in a new city because that is something that should be saved for GTAIV.

Exactly. The PSP is a second rate platform for a GTA game. Dont waste great ideas on a platform that cant do them justice.

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 17 January 2006 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (P_Funk @ Jan 17 2006, 06:07)
QUOTE (Pyrrhus @ Jan 16 2006, 11:06)

Exactly. The PSP is a second rate platform for a GTA game. Dont waste great ideas on a platform that cant do them justice.

Have you played LCS stories on PSP? If you have then your post is extremely strange. To say that the PSP is second rate and unworthy of GTA games is absolute BS.

JCC
  • JCC

Proud BlackList Member

• Members

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:24 PM

He said that it is not deserving of a new city, which it isn't. LCS was crap compared to SA, or VC. It was a load of old tosh, because there isn't enough room on the UMD.

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:46 PM Edited by mattymcs, 17 January 2006 - 10:08 PM.

QUOTE (JCC @ Jan 17 2006, 21:24)
He said that it is not deserving of a new city, which it isn't. LCS was crap compared to SA, or VC. It was a load of old tosh, because there isn't enough room on the UMD.

I disagree. LCS is excellent. The game's longer than both Vice and GTA3, and obviously the city size is the same as GTA3, so to say that the game is 'a load of old tosh' because of the size of the UMD is absolute crap.

Granted, you could never fit SanAn on there but I am enjoying playing LCS easily as much as I did SanAn. The only people saying that the PSP should be deprived of it's own city are people who dont own a PSP.

Pyrrhus
  • Pyrrhus

GTAF Lieutenant

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Australia

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (mattymcs @ Jan 18 2006, 05:46)
Granted, you could never fit SanAn on there but I am enjoying playing LCS easily as much as I did SanAn. The only people saying that the PSP should be deprived of it's own city are people who dont own a PSP.

I do have a PSP and a copy of Liberty City Stories therefore your statement is false. Try to avoid making sweeping generalisations about people in future.

The reason why I am opposed to the inclusion of a new city in the next PSP installment of GTA is because I feel that it is something that should be saved for GTAIV (as mentioned in my previous post). If we receive a new city before GTAIV then I don't think it will be as special when GTAIV is set in a new city/new cities.

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 18 January 2006 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Pyrrhus @ Jan 18 2006, 13:31)
QUOTE (mattymcs @ Jan 18 2006, 05:46)

I do have a PSP and a copy of Liberty City Stories therefore your statement is false. Try to avoid making sweeping generalisations about people in future.

The reason why I am opposed to the inclusion of a new city in the next PSP installment of GTA is because I feel that it is something that should be saved for GTAIV (as mentioned in my previous post). If we receive a new city before GTAIV then I don't think it will be as special when GTAIV is set in a new city/new cities.

Yeah, I agree it was a bit of a sweeping generalisation. I do think it's fair to say that the MAJORITY of people who say that the PSP should be deprived of it's own city are people who dont own a PSP. I'm sure you appreciate it wasn't aimed at you at all, just the people who say that the PSP isn't 'worthy' of it's own city, which is simply false.

I love the fact that the other two posters who where saying the PSP shouldn't get its own city havn't replied. Kinda proves my point?

Your view point I can totally understand. However, what you have to take into account is that GTA4 will be a running on a completely different engine. I suspect that it R* will absolutely blow us away with GTA4 in exactly the same way they did with GTA3, so if they where to have already made a new city for the PSP (using the old engine), it wouldn't in any way detract from how 'special' it will be when GTA4 hits PS3.

What I would like to see, is for R* to (finally) make Carcer City in the next PSP GTA and set GTA4 in 3 cities spread accross Europe. This would please a lot of hard core GTA fans who have wanted Carcer City in a GTA game for years. 8-Ball would make a possible playable charcter, which would also please fans.

By the way, I love your GTA Online ideas. I have posted my own here(incidentally, before reading yours). My vision is in some ways similar to yours, but certainly not the same. No one has yet replied, which in my opinion is a shame. The guy who started a topic saying he didn't want 'dancing' in GTA4 get's a dozen or so replies, whereas my GTA online idea gets zero. Bah.

(Sidenote - was anyone else amazed when people said they couldn't do the dancing mission on SanAn? I passed it first go very easily.....)

jc steel
  • jc steel

South London!

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (Pyrrhus @ Jan 15 2006, 14:53)
QUOTE (jc steel @ Jan 15 2006, 22:44)

No, a create-a-character feature has been discussed many times on this forum with the general consensus being that the inclusion of it would be detrimental to the storyline of that game it is included in because the storyline would have to accomodate for each character that can be created.

Another thing that would be affected is the development of the main character. In the previous games you got to know the main character and why they do the things that they do etc.

well to solve that problem just add it as seperate mini game or cheat or even to unlock when youve done all of the story missions

piisyourffriend
  • piisyourffriend

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:28 PM

I didn't pay much attention during alot of this whole carcer city thing. was it mentioned in more then just sa because if not then i know what town it is. judging by the fact that i have heard very little about it and i think i'ts only mentioned in sa, witch has las venturasit, and venturas in modeled after vegas (wich is in nevada) carcer city sounds like carcin city wich is navadas state capital. I't not big enough to be made into a game. it's no small town but it's not inportant enough and has such a small history that a gta game based off of it would be stupid.
of course i could be wrong about it being carcin city.

Gress
  • Gress

The Scary Chicken Chaser!!

• Members

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (Persian man @ Jan 10 2006, 21:37)
For the main character for the next Gta for psp if it is Vice City Stoies which I think its most likely going to be you might be Claude from Gta 3 cause on one of the missions in Gta 3 Ray says see you in miami which is where vice city represents. Well sorry if this is in the wrong spot, who do you all think the main character for the next gta for psp is gonna be?

In the beginning of SA in the airport, there is a place called Vice city and Miami, so its not the same place. sry dude. it cant happen.

piisyourffriend
  • piisyourffriend

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:46 PM

vice city is still modeld after miami. it doen't matter. you are right that this means miami exists in the game world. but it will never be playable because vice city was playable.

Pyrrhus
  • Pyrrhus

GTAF Lieutenant

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Australia

Posted 26 January 2006 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (piisyourffriend @ Jan 26 2006, 21:28)
I didn't pay much attention during alot of this whole carcer city thing. was it mentioned in more then just sa because if not then i know what town it is. judging by the fact that i have heard very little about it and i think i'ts only mentioned in sa, witch has las venturasit, and venturas in modeled after vegas (wich is in nevada) carcer city sounds like carcin city wich is navadas state capital. I't not big enough to be made into a game. it's no small town but it's not inportant enough and has such a small history that a gta game based off of it would be stupid.
of course i could be wrong about it being carcin city.

Carcer City is also mentioned in GTAIII. Andy from Lips 106 says something like, "in nearby Carcer City, police chief Gary Schaeffer was cleared of corruption charges. Let's hope those missing witnesses turn up safe and sound."

I doubt that Carcer City is this "Carcin City" you speak of, from what we've seen of it in Manhunt my guess is that it is the GTA/Manhunt world's version of Chicago or Detroit. Carcer City was named before Rockstar North got lazy with the city names in San Andreas you see. tounge.gif

QUOTE (Gress)
QUOTE (Persian man @ Jan 10 2006, 21:37)

In the beginning of SA in the airport, there is a place called Vice city and Miami, so its not the same place. sry dude. it cant happen.

The only game that has mention of Miami is GTAIII (a billboard and the pager message from Ray) and the next game was GTAVC. Vice City is modelled after Miami.

The flights listed on the board at the airport in the opening cutscene of GTASA are:
Liberty
Vice
Carcer
Leith Int
Tokyo
Johnson

I don't know where you got the idea that Miami was on that list. sigh.gif

Goukido
  • Goukido

Visual R

• Members

Posted 28 January 2006 - 10:42 AM

I'm not sure whether the Vice City Storise is true,but Rockstar has said to make a new GTA game on PSP!!

Gumballer
  • Gumballer

ZOLTAN !

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:52 PM

yeah i heard that somewhere aswell

Pyrrhus
  • Pyrrhus

GTAF Lieutenant

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Australia

Posted 28 January 2006 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (Gumballer @ Jan 28 2006, 20:52)

yeah i heard that somewhere aswell

It's a rumor, nothing more.

Officially, it's just been announced as an "all new" GTA which doesn't necessarily mean that it will be set in a new city etc. I think that it just means that the game won't be a port of an existing title in the series like Liberty City Stories wasn't a port of GTAIII.

jc steel
  • jc steel

South London!

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2006 - 04:22 PM

vice city is moduled over miami cos in miami thiers star island in vice thier starfish island jus like vinewood in sa

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users