Quantcast

» «
Photo

End of The Line Mission

34 replies to this topic
Mike_Toreno
  • Mike_Toreno

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 02:52 PM Edited by Mike_Toreno, 08 January 2006 - 08:35 PM.

Mike Toreno's End Of The Line Mission Guide

I haven't seen one here yet, so I thought I'd make one. And seeing as it's quite a hard mission, and a lot of people get stuck on it, I have made a guide to help you all. smile.gif

Weapons recommended to use for this mission:

AK47, M4, Micro Uzi/Tech 9, and any other weapons of your choice. Those are the main ones though.

Before I start, it's a very good idea that you have a minigun on you, it will become useful later on in the mission. Also, it's best to do the firetruck missions before you attempt this, it also will be extremely helpful as you progress through the mission.

Walk into the red marker outside Sweet's house to trigger the mission.

user posted image
After the cutscene finishes, get in the car with Sweet, and drive to Smoke's Crack Den.

user posted image
When you arrive near, drive into the red marker.

user posted image
After the small cutscene, hop on the BMX and cycle down to where the Swat Tank is, but be careful, you'll have explosions and people shooting at you. Kill the Ballas/Cops/Swat men near the tank, and when it's all clear, ram the Swat Tank through the entrance of Big Smoke's Crack Fortress.

user posted image
When you're inside, run over the threats to you and the Ballas shooting at you. When everyone is dead, you are ready to enter the first floor of the Crack Den.

user posted image
Now, this is the tricky part. I have a gamepad plugged into the USB port of my PC, so it's fairly easy to kill all the people inside the Crack Den. If you're using the keyboard and mouse, then just follow as you'd do it.

Okay, run up the stairs, kill the five or so Ballas, and dodge their bullets, crouch and roll, that helps when trying to dodge bullets. When they're all killed, pick up the armor icon near the entrance to another part of the Den.

user posted image
Now, walk in the doors near the armor pickup, you'll have tons of people shooting at you. So it's best to stay crouched when entering, and be as fast as you can when shooting all the people. If you feel you're taking too much damage, quickly run out and get ready to walk back in, just keep crouching, rolling on the floor, and be fast in your approach of fire. The best weapon to use would probably be the M4 or AK47, use them guns if possible.

user posted image
When everyone in the room is dead, walk to the back right part of the room which leads to a hall-way and shoot the Ballas around there. Again, be fast when shooting, crouch, roll, hide be hind boxes, etc. Walk through and up the stairs, if there is a Balla standing there, kill him of course. Now enter the doors that lead to Floor 2.

user posted image
Walk up the stairs and kill the Vagos Gang Member, and pick up the armor icon. You'll need it. Walk through the next door you see and turn straight to the left, kill the other Vagos Gang Member. Head to the end of the walk way and head through the door to the right. It's a fairly big room, kill all the people, hide behind the walls and boxes. Make sure to crouch though, it's a big plus when dodging bullets. Also, if someone is standing next to a flamable barrel, shoot it. But keep your distance as we don't want you getting hurt by the blast.

Now when most people are dead, head to the end of the room and up the stairs. Kill anyone that gets in your way.

user posted image
Now when you head up the stairs, more people will appear below on the floor. Just keep running right while shooting people that get in the way at the same time, watch out for surprise shootings, and make your way to the door at the end.

user posted image

Mike_Toreno
  • Mike_Toreno

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 02:53 PM Edited by Mike_Toreno, 08 January 2006 - 08:58 PM.

Walk through the door, and pick up the heart icon to the right of the room (If needed).

user posted image
Now walk through the next door, and you'll find yourself in floor 3. Run up the stairs in front of you and quickly aim, kill the Balla standing at the desk. And pick up the armor icon. Walk through the door there and kill both the Balla and the Vagos Gang Member.

Now walk through another door and kill everyone in there. Remember to kill the person hiding behind the desk infront of you too. And as I said, remember to keep it fast, crouch, roll, pick up ammo, health icons, armor icons, etc.

Walk through yet another set of doors, and kill all the people there. Enter the middle doors to pick up the health and armor icons. But there are people in there, be fast and shoot them quickly. Now get ready to enter another set of doors.

user posted image
When you enter, it will tell you to go and get Big Smoke. Walk up the stairs. And when you get to another set of doors, a cutscene will take place.

user posted image
Now when the cutscene is over, it gets pretty damn hard. Keep aiming through the Ballas/Vagos and switch between shooting Smoke. I can only give you tips really, but just crouch, hide behind things, be fast in your fire, aim precisely. I strongly advise you to use either the AK47 or M4 for killing the people. And always sprint, tap the sprint button when walking, it helps.

user posted image
After a while of shooting Smoke, he will die. But don't just shoot Smoke, you have to switch between the Vagos/Ballas while shooting him, it just takes practise really. This is where the minigun comes i line, if you have it on you, count yourself lucky. Drill bullets into Smoke until he's dead, it'll take not five seconds before he dies. wink.gif

(Aim at Big Smoke's head, it puts much more damage on him).

user posted image
After the cutscene, another will appear. Tenpenny sets the building on fire, you have seven minutes to get out of the Crack Den, you'll find the fire extinguisher and the goggles useful in this bit. So use them as you come along.

Make your way down to the floors of the Den, and keep to what I've told you. Those of you who are using a gamepad are lucky. But people using a keyboard and mouse should be fine, aiming with the mouse isn't difficult. So make your way down the floors, when there is fire, use the fire extinguisher of course, when you're being shot, stop extinguishing, and destroy any threat to you.

If you have done all the firetruck missions, then dis-regard me telling you to extinguish it. You can walk through it with ease.

As soon as you enter a set of doors, aim straight away and kill everyone in the room. In most parts I advise you to crouch, as like I said, it helps. You'll eventually walk into a room, there will be fire everywhere. I've had to turn my resoloution right down as cause of lag from the fire and fumes, I adivse you to do so too, it makes it both easier and smoother.

If you're stuck in a position like I was where everyone is shooting you and your health goes down rapidly, while you need to extinguish the fire, sprint through it, keep sprinting until the fire from you has gone.

user posted image
Extinguish fires on doorways and entrances as you come along them.

(Note: It is recommended you have done all the firetruck missions, it makes you fireproof, so you don't have to worry about extinguishing the fire. But if not, just follow the steps I've provided).

user posted image
Don't forget to keep shooting any threat to you. And keep in mind all the hints and tips I said, and always be fast when shooting.

user posted image
After making your way down while extinguishing fires and killing Vagos/Ballas, you'll come to an end. With a lot of fire.

user posted image
So extinguish it, and kill the remaining threats to you. You're at the bottom of the Crack Den.

user posted image

Mike_Toreno
  • Mike_Toreno

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 02:53 PM

Now, coming along outside, there will be a lot of fire, you don't need to extinguish it, dodge it. Kill the remaining Ballas/Vagos, and make your way to the end of the drive way area, you will run out dodging the fire, the Crack Den explodes and fire runs through the building.

Tenpenny is in a firetruck, Sweet jumps on to the back of it on the ladder, while you hop into a car to follow them (In the cutscene). This is where the hard part really starts. Your adrenaline will be rushing most likely.

user posted image

Follow them, keep steady and try not to over do it. Don't go too fast, and don't go slow, keep it at a fair speed. Don't worry about people chucking molotivs at your car and such, it doesn't affect you, it's just for show.

Always keep the car in control and keep up with the firetruck, dodge all barriers from stopping you to keep up with Sweet and Tenpenny. Try not to hit any signs and poles too. If you do, you probably wouldn't be able to catch up with the firetruck.

user posted image

After a while of chasing the firetruck, Sweet's grip on the ladder will start to fall, you'll have to drive up real close behind the firetruck and hit it, so Sweet drops in the car safely.

user posted image

Sweet will now take control of the car, while you have the job of shooting any threat to you, Sweet, or your car.

user posted image

It calms down now, it's easier. You just have to shoot everything that shoots you, basically.

So, when the cars and bikes come to you, shoot the tires, and go for the gas tank as well. Keep shooting as you normally would, and eventually, Tenpenny loses control of the firetruck, and the firetruck goes falling off the bridge, breaking it, obviously.

user posted image

CJ, Caeser, Kendl, and Sweet are sitting in your house, talking about what to do next, Mad Dogg, Kent Paul, and Maccer walk through the door, Mad Dogg has his first gold record! The game is completed.

Congratulations! You've completed the final mission of San Andreas! I hope you enjoyed this walkthrough/guide and I hope that it helped you all. If you failed it, then keep trying! Practise makes perfect, right? wink.gif I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it. smile.gif

CJ Fool
  • CJ Fool

Crazy Drunk Pedestrian

• Members

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:00 PM

Nice Guide, Bro

TenaciousD.
  • TenaciousD.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:05 PM

very nice, if i hadnt already completed it i would of used this for sure

Have a cookie cookie.gif

Ottae
  • Ottae

(/'ɒteɪ/)

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:06 PM

Great guide Joey, just a few points:

•I'd say it was pretty obvious what you have to do because it tells you in-game, and I appreciate that you are giving some tips, but most of this mission is to do with skill.

•If this is mission help, shouldn't this be posted here?

I suppose you get guides and walkthrough at the top of the page, so the second point may not apply.

Those points aside, this guide is excellent, the pictures make it even more so as you can follow your progress along with the pictures.

icon14.gif

Mike_Toreno
  • Mike_Toreno

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (Ottae @ Jan 8 2006, 15:06)
Great guide Joey, just a few points:

•I'd say it was pretty obvious what you have to do because it tells you in-game, and I appreciate that you are giving some tips, but most of this mission is to do with skill.

•If this is mission help, shouldn't this be posted here?

I suppose you get guides and walkthrough at the top of the page, so the second point may not apply.

Those points aside, this guide is excellent, the pictures make it even more so as you can follow your progress along with the pictures.

icon14.gif

Yeah, I know it's to do with skill. I was just giving tips, and I didn't really have anything to write for the shooting part other than tips on shooting, hiding, crouching and such. Oh, and whoops, I didn't know which area to post this, can a mod please move this to Mission Help? And thanks on commenting on it you two. smile.gif

JCC
  • JCC

Proud BlackList Member

• Members

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:20 PM

At last, A GOOD GUIDE! After all the karma farmers, I'm glad there's a proper guide, especially when a lot of people are stuck on this mission, although I did it first time smile.gif

MAcSandNinEs
  • MAcSandNinEs

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:30 PM

Hey Joey, this guide is quality, but you should tell people where the fires are and such. Also, tell them where to hide, not just 'duck and shoot.'

@JCC: My guide was in no way shape or form a karma guide. It's a decent guide.-JD-

Bryce.
  • Bryce.

f*ck them and their whole crew

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:31 PM

Great guide Toreno, looks like you've worked hard.

Maybe get bap to make you some nice tables and stuf.......jk

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:32 PM

Nice guide mike, looks like you worked on it alot. Congrats.
Im rating this good. smile.gif
Only one negative point, there where places where i tought you needed a pic but thats okay.
icon14.gif

MAcSandNinEs
  • MAcSandNinEs

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:33 PM

Joey: If you'd like tables and such, let me know.
MAcSandNinEs OWNS YOU
-JD-

Mike_Toreno
  • Mike_Toreno

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:36 PM

Cheers for the comments bap, I admit, there were points where I needed to add another picture, but I think it's fine. Thanks to everyone else who liked it, I hope it helps everyone. smile.gif

Btw - there was a karma start on this topic, where did it go? dontgetit.gif

Nemesi
  • Nemesi

Great!

• Members

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:36 PM Edited by Nemesi, 08 January 2006 - 03:39 PM.

Good guide....
After doing this mission a lot of times (just because I failed a lot... biggrin.gif ) I saw that Smoke die faster if you shoot at his head.
Another thing: you can suggest to save at CJ house before doing the car chasing, so in the case you'll fail the chase you don't have to do again the first part of the mission...

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Mike_Toreno @ Jan 8 2006, 15:36)
Cheers for the comments bap, I admit, there were points where I needed to add another picture, but I think it's fine. Thanks to everyone else who liked it, I hope it helps everyone. smile.gif

Yeah I was afraid i was the only one thinking that. But its still okay.
@nemesis you cant save between the chase and the den. The chase comes right after you come out of the fen. Or are you talking about something else? confused.gif

Nemesi
  • Nemesi

Great!

• Members

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:42 PM

Just before starting the chasing you leave Tenpenny go away, and you get the Failed Mission message.
If you save and then retry it you won't start the mission from the beginning, but from the moment you jumped out the fortress.

I think if someone knows he isn't good in car chasing, instead of trying to chase the truck he can let the mission fail and save...

Nemesi
  • Nemesi

Great!

• Members

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:43 PM

Just before starting the chasing you leave Tenpenny go away, and you get the Failed Mission message.
If you save and then retry it you won't start the mission from the beginning, but from the moment you jumped out the fortress.

I think if someone knows he isn't good in car chasing, instead of trying to chase the truck he can let the mission fail and save...

Mike_Toreno
  • Mike_Toreno

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (baptiste @ Jan 8 2006, 15:39)
QUOTE (Mike_Toreno @ Jan 8 2006, 15:36)

Yeah I was afraid i was the only one thinking that. But its still okay.
@nemesis you cant save between the chase and the den. The chase comes right after you come out of the fen. Or are you talking about something else? confused.gif

Yeah you can, if you succeed through the Crack Den part of the mission, and you fail the part where you have to follow Tenpenny in the firetruck, then you can come back and start off from the firetruck chase. I should of mentioned that, I'll add that now. smile.gif

Ottae
  • Ottae

(/'ɒteɪ/)

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:45 PM

If you complete the first half, but fail the second, when you go back to do the mission, you automatically start the second half. I think that's what he meant...

@bap - change your font! make it a bit bigger please biggrin.gif

edit - DAMN YOU TWO!

JCC
  • JCC

Proud BlackList Member

• Members

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:45 PM

Huh... Mac, I said most, I never said yours in particualar.

_GangsteR_
  • _GangsteR_

Moonlight shines upon the guilty

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:28 PM

It will also be handfull to be the Fireproof.

original gangster
  • original gangster

Perfectly cromulent.

• Members

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:31 PM

Very nice guide, should help people smile.gif . But a few pointers...

• You should say what weapons and such you'll need before the mission, for preperation.
• Also you can avoid having to extinguish the fire if you've completed 12 levels of the fire truck side missions, as you can walk through fire.
• At the parts where you're in a big room with lots of gang members, you should get a picture of the whole room and put a circle(in photoshop of course) on the best place to crouch and shoot from. You can go back to the crack palace after the mission and use camera hack to get a good angle for the pic.

Include them and it'll be much better biggrin.gif .

Mike_Toreno
  • Mike_Toreno

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:38 PM Edited by Mike_Toreno, 08 January 2006 - 04:42 PM.

Cheers for the pointers Mike (original gangster), I added the recommended weapons to use for the mission, and to aim at Big Smoke's head when you have to kill him, as it puts more damage to him. I've also added that if you've done all the firetruck missions, you have an advantage. smile.gif

matt27689
  • matt27689

• Members

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:04 PM

Nice one Mike icon14.gif /rates good.

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 08 January 2006 - 08:21 PM

Looks pretty solid, Mike. I'd suggest you put that "do the firetruck mission first to be fireproof" tip at the start of the guide near where you list the weapons and such. That way it's more likely to be noticed before the mission is attempted.

Also, when it's time to kill Big Smoke, the minigun will finish him off in under 5 seconds if you've got one. wink.gif

Finally, be sure to PM ajkhan316` so that he adds it to the Mission Guide list. And, as already noted, you could probably PM one of the mods to get it moved to Mission Help or Gameplay.

Mike_Toreno
  • Mike_Toreno

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 08:36 PM

Thanks for the pointers, pdescobar. Added the things suggested, and thanks to everyone else who commented on it.

wink.gif

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 08 January 2006 - 08:44 PM

Just a pointer, you should ad when you need to use the minigun because in the beggining you just said it would be ussfull and you did not say when. Maybe you can put next to that pic where youre killing big smoke:"the minigun fninshes off smoke in 5 seconds". See what i mean?

Mike_Toreno
  • Mike_Toreno

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (baptiste @ Jan 8 2006, 20:44)
Just a pointer, you should ad when you need to use the minigun because in the beggining you just said it would be ussfull and you did not say when. Maybe you can put next to that pic where youre killing big smoke:"the minigun fninshes off smoke in 5 seconds". See what i mean?

Oh yeah, I was gonna add that, but I forgot. I've edited the mistakes and such, it should all make sense now. wink.gif

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (Mike_Toreno @ Jan 8 2006, 20:59)
QUOTE (baptiste @ Jan 8 2006, 20:44)

Oh yeah, I was gonna add that, but I forgot. I've edited the mistakes and such, it should all make sense now. wink.gif

icon14.gif K looks good now. good job. icon14.gif

zeta1
  • zeta1

-All Tarkers Must FŮcking Hang-

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:43 PM

I'm picky, it's Practice not practise. wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users