Photo

GTA: LCS announced for PS2.

360 replies to this topic
Ritchie16
  • Ritchie16

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:06 PM

Additional products expected for fiscal 2006 include the newly announced Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories for PlayStation 2, tentatively planned for release in the second quarter, Bully for PlayStation 2 and Xbox, two new titles for the PSP handheld system, including an all-new Grand Theft Auto, a title based on a new brand for the Xbox 360 and a sequel of a Rockstar brand, all from Rockstar Games; The Da Vinci Code, Prey, and 24: The Game from 2K Games; various other sports titles including NBA 2K7 from 2K Sports; and Family Feud for multiple platforms from Global Star.

Take2

Miami13
  • Miami13

Go Dolphins!

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:11 PM

Yeah, just read that, it wont help sales of the PSP...

warrens467
  • warrens467

warrens467

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:12 PM

wow i thought it would never happen, good find!

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:16 PM

Nice find, this is good news, I would never have been able to play LCS, as I’m not interested in buying a PSP, I wonder if R* will make any improvements to it, or just port it straight from PSP?

tonywob
  • tonywob

[WIP] Modder

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:17 PM

I don't get that, what a waste of time. They should be concentrating on getting new titles out, not redoing the game for PS2. This may also mean we will see a PC version, but that is just speculation. I wonder what is going to make this different from the PSP version, obviously better graphics, but maybe more side missions, music, even new areas.

Looking forward to the new PSP title though, although it will probably end up being a Vice City Stories or something along those lines.

warrens467
  • warrens467

warrens467

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:18 PM

there will be no cheat device for it sad.gif
but hey, maybe they'll include flying!

Royal55
  • Royal55

Caveman.

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:18 PM

imagine the possablities, picture this all the features from san andreas maybe even more in a game everyone loves liberty city stories

possablities:

they could have added more and longer missions maybe an upstate more weapons different and more cars plus you can mod them(not that i know how to)mayby some new things to do myabe upgrades to all motorcycles

this game will be out of this world!!!!!(im going to reserve my copy) biggrin.gif

CANT WAIT

Ritchie16
  • Ritchie16

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (tonywob @ Jan 5 2006, 22:17)
Looking forward to the new PSP title though, although it will probably end up being a Vice City Stories or something along those lines.

all new game for PSP.
So I was thinking, maybe a small chance of online multiplayer?

warrens467
  • warrens467

warrens467

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (Ritchie16 @ Jan 5 2006, 22:28)
QUOTE (tonywob @ Jan 5 2006, 22:17)

all new game for PSP.
So I was thinking, maybe a small chance of online multiplayer?

LCS was an All new game, just the same city.

SySBond
  • SySBond

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:32 PM

That would be cool. There is maybe no reason of me buying a PSP for LCS then. That would help alot. Lets see what happens.

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:37 PM

In my opinion LCS should stay as a PSP exclusive.

By doing this Rockstar are basically pissing over the "Portable" status of LCS. LCS was designed to be Portable, not for PS2. Missions were a lot smaller than PS2 GTAs, the textures would look totally crap. And thats if they did a straight port from PSP to PS2. But I guess they will tweak it, make it a sh*t load better than the PSP version and San Andreas and sell it.

60% of the reason I bought a PSP was because of LCS, so if this is true, I have bought a PSP mainly for a game that I could have got a few months later for PS2. f*ck You Rockstar, youve really f*cked us over this time.

War-Lord
  • War-Lord

Vice City FTW

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:40 PM

My opinion is the same as da GTAmasters this really sucks I bought my PSP for nothing now its useless. This really pisses me off. This shows you that people are greedy even if it will make them and extra bit of money.

Ritchie16
  • Ritchie16

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (da gta master @ Jan 5 2006, 22:37)

By doing this Rockstar are basically pissing over the "Portable" status of LCS. LCS was designed to be Portable, not for PS2. Missions were a lot smaller than PS2 GTAs, the textures would look totally crap. And thats if they did a straight port from PSP to PS2. But I guess they will tweak it, make it a sh*t load better than the PSP version and San Andreas and sell it.

60% of the reason I bought a PSP was because of LCS, so if this is true, I have bought a PSP mainly for a game that I could have got a few months later for PS2. f*ck You Rockstar, youve really f*cked us over this time.

Yeah, I feel the same. I mean, LCS was not the reason I bought a PSP but definatly one of the main reasons, and now this? confused.gif

OriginalGangster
  • OriginalGangster

Lost, Never Forgotten

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (da gta master @ Jan 5 2006, 22:37)

sad.gif

War-Lord
  • War-Lord

Vice City FTW

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:48 PM

two new titles for the PSP handheld system, including an all-new Grand Theft Auto, a title based on a new brand for the Xbox 360 and a sequel of a Rockstar

I was sort of confused on this part does this mean there is going to be 2 new GTA games for PSP. It also says they are going to make a whole new GTA series on Xbox.

Am I right?

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:51 PM

This is interesting to say the least, never say never huh?

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (War-Lord @ Jan 5 2006, 22:48)
two new titles for the PSP handheld system, including an all-new Grand Theft Auto, a title based on a new brand for the Xbox 360 and a sequel of a Rockstar

I was sort of confused on this part does this mean there is going to be 2 new GTA games for PSP. It also says they are going to make a whole new GTA series on Xbox.

Am I right?

No, it says that they are going to make 2 new games for PSP, one of them being a GTA. And i'm not really sure about the gta xbox series, not sure myself.

And Ill say it again: f*ck You Rockstar

War-Lord
  • War-Lord

Vice City FTW

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:54 PM

lol..Yea really that will piss me off even more if they announce a whole new series just for X-box.

Angel_Gabriel
  • Angel_Gabriel

The Fallen

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:56 PM Edited by Angel_Gabriel, 05 January 2006 - 10:59 PM.

Okay Rockstar, you've done quite a few things in the past to piss me off but this just takes the cake. The main, and probaly the only, I reason I bought a PSP was for Liberty City Stories. Now I find out that a couple of weeks later that they're planning a realease for the PS2! I could of saved my parent's the good money they spent on buying a PSP for me for Christmas.

I mean it's not only that but it's also the fact that even now that I have the game they're probaly going to bring it out with improved Graphics/Missions/Features etc. That means that my entire copy of GTA: LCS has become obselete! I don't use my PSP 'Portably' through fears of someone stealing it, the whole Portable aspect of LCS means nothing to me. But now that I've got it you bring out a better version, that I could of just bought for my PS2!

Sorry Rockstar, but you've f*cked up.

EDIT: A series exclusively for X-Box? That's just taking it too far! I mean it's bad enough that I had to buy a PSP specifically to play LCS and then find out that I wasted my parents money but now you turn around and tell me that I might need to buy an X-Box 360 as well just so that I can play my favourite game. When I will also need a PS3 and PSP as well!

Rockstar, you have soldout, bigtime.

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:57 PM

The conservative gamer wins again! Suck it, PSP buyers! biggrin.gif
Great news for me, I loved GTA3.

Vayne
  • Vayne

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:06 PM

omg this can't be true.. Almost nobody will buy it! (not that it matters me)..
What concerns me is that theyre working on 3 projects then: GTA VCS, GTA 4, GTA LCS PS2... too many games in a short time is verry bad.. suicidal.gif

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:06 PM

Hmm, I like my new signature.

War-Lord
  • War-Lord

Vice City FTW

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:08 PM

Yea I like it to send it to Rockstar.

woozie92
  • woozie92

Welcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s.

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:11 PM

Great News for me too

chimpsch89
  • chimpsch89

Liam_A_89

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:15 PM

i dont think that the brand exclusive to the xbox 260 is Gta it says a title of a new brand

i take that to mean a nw series of games from rockstar

i bought my psp just to play LCS. i think i might take it back now

if theGTA xbox thing is true i would kill myself

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:17 PM

I know im going to get flamed and shizzle but I just had to make a Petition.

GTA Life
  • GTA Life

PSN: Ritsuka99

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:21 PM

When I read this 15 minutes ago I almost passed out, I was way to surprised and I'm still feeling the rush right now. f*ck!...I can't wait I just can't wait...hehe...Oh my. Anyway yes best news I've heard all week.

TheRealTommyVercetti
  • TheRealTommyVercetti

TheRealTommyVercetti

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:31 PM

You want to know what I think? I think the only reason they want to release GTA LCS onto PS2 is because they probably are going to need more time to make the PS3 sequel to GTA San Andreas, this way they'll keep the fans bussy, and make extra cash on the side.

Personally I have nothing against it, but that's what i think they're doing.

However, I do hope that GTA LCS PS2 Version is going to have more freedom like in San Andreas flying airplanes, ability to swim, gain/loose fat/muscle, change clothing you know what I mean? I don't want an exact copy that would be boring ! id be nice if they would add Vice City to the game, but I Know, that it's not going to happen ! lol but then again i never thought that GTA LCS is going to be release on the PS2 so you never know lol biggrin.gif

metzeoshi
  • metzeoshi

mtz

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (Angel_Gabriel @ Jan 5 2006, 22:56)
Okay Rockstar, you've done quite a few things in the past to piss me off but this just takes the cake. The main, and probaly the only, I reason I bought a PSP was for Liberty City Stories. Now I find out that a couple of weeks later that they're planning a realease for the PS2! I could of saved my parent's the good money they spent on buying a PSP for me for Christmas.

I mean it's not only that but it's also the fact that even now that I have the game they're probaly going to bring it out with improved Graphics/Missions/Features etc. That means that my entire copy of GTA: LCS has become obselete! I don't use my PSP 'Portably' through fears of someone stealing it, the whole Portable aspect of LCS means nothing to me. But now that I've got it you bring out a better version, that I could of just bought for my PS2!

Sorry Rockstar, but you've f*cked up.

EDIT: A series exclusively for X-Box? That's just taking it too far! I mean it's bad enough that I had to buy a PSP specifically to play LCS and then find out that I wasted my parents money but now you turn around and tell me that I might need to buy an X-Box 360 as well just so that I can play my favourite game. When I will also need a PS3 and PSP as well!

Rockstar, you have soldout, bigtime.

I feel the same buddy. But I hope that the next GTA for PSP will be real EXCLUSIVE, and they won't make a conversion of it...

Angel_Gabriel
  • Angel_Gabriel

The Fallen

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (da gta master @ Jan 5 2006, 23:17)
I know im going to get flamed and shizzle but I just had to make a Petition.

I signed it. I'm not going to let Rockstar get away with this without doing something about it myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users