Photo

Police stuff

5 replies to this topic
Gravedigger69
  • Gravedigger69

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:41 PM

just a quick question... will the Police sirens on the cars and police helicopter Spotlight be synced? a friend of mine was wondering if we're going to be able to play cops and robbers and if everything is synced that will be great

Gravedigger69
  • Gravedigger69

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:14 PM

thanks for the speedy response

Sillyhed2000
  • Sillyhed2000

Every time you try to small-talk me on MSN I will kill a puppy.

• Members

Posted 09 January 2006 - 02:24 PM

Okay, look. If no-one is answering you it's not only because it's fun but because they probably don't have the answer themselves. The team is not disclosing what is or isn't synced as they have stated numerous times before and hence you're not going to know until it's released.

However, there's no way they'd bother to sync police sirens in the first release, and the helicopter spotlight relies on whether it's night time or not, and that also won't be synced (one of the few things we know won't be) so it might be on on your screen (because it's night for you) but not on someone elses (because it's in the middle of the day).

These are fairly unimportant things to the overall gameplay; you can still play your little cowboys and indians without them.

Spooky
  • Spooky

Prince of the Yolkfolk

• Members

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:04 PM

In theory, using kye's cool context switching stuff, the sirens should already be sync'ed.

The heli light won't be, because players don't have a spotlight, only the police AI uses it... I think.

kyeman
  • kyeman

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:34 AM

The player can use the police heli searchlight. Although, I don't know if it's going to be useful in the first release or how easy it would be to setup cops and robbers.

We're aiming for a very pure deathmatch, which means every person is for themselves. They can of course team up with others but it's not going to be something enforced.

Later releases will most probably see team based deathmatch, depending on how well the first system works.

Gravedigger69
  • Gravedigger69

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 January 2006 - 03:29 AM

and the spotlight will be synced for others as well? it doesnt really matter about the gametype, me and my mates just play it anyway

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users