Transferring saved game from PC to PS2

5 replies to this topic
troowala
  • troowala

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:41 AM

Hi fellas,

Untill now i had the PC version of GTA San Andreas, i happened to get the PS2 version of GTA San Andreas for christmas , now i was wondering if there was a way of transferring my PC version saved game over to my PS2.

Thanks in advance and a very happy new year to you all.

Tanveer.

PS: Yes i do have a memory card.

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE (troowala @ Jan 2 2006, 10:41)
Hi fellas,

Untill now i had the PC version of GTA San Andreas, i happened to get the PS2 version of GTA San Andreas for christmas , now i was wondering if there was a way of transferring my PC version saved game over to my PS2.

Tanveer.

No, there is no way i'm araid, at least i don't think there is, also if i was you i would stick with the PC copy, it's much better than the PS2 copy as it's moddable and taking into account your PC should make it look better than the PS2 version.

manutdtom
  • manutdtom

ManUtdTom

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Rob_UK @ Jan 2 2006, 10:43)
QUOTE (troowala @ Jan 2 2006, 10:41)
Hi fellas,

Tanveer.

No, there is no way i'm araid, at least i don't think there is, also if i was you i would stick with the PC copy, it's much better than the PS2 copy as it's moddable and taking into account your PC should make it look better than the PS2 version.

Well he had it for christmas didn't he! He can't change it!

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (troowala @ Jan 2 2006, 05:41)
Hi fellas,

Tanveer.

I've always been curious whether the saves are compatible across platforms, but don't know anyone who's been able to test it. First of all, they'd have to be the same version. If one of them is version 1 and the other is version 2 (i.e. Second Edition or Special Edition) then it wouldn't load even if you could get it there.

The second problem is the large technical hurdle of actually moving the data. In order to get a save onto the PS2, I expect you need to have one of the PS2 Cheat Devices (AR Max, CodeBreaker, etc) and whenever I look at lists of PS2 saves the files always are oddly sized and have device-specific extensions. Because of this, I've always assumed that these "saves" actually contain other metadata that the Cheat Device needs in order to properly transfer the file to the memory card (e.g. filename and path info) and so trying to use a PC save would probably fail as the device wouldn't know what to do with it.

So, in summary, if both games are the same version and you have a PS2 Cheat Device, it might be fun to experiment, but I wouldn't get my hopes too high. wink.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:38 PM

I am pretty sure the format is slightly different given the added memory card aspect and just that both games while being the same aren't when you get behind the scenes.

ArturP
  • ArturP

The Mafia from Poland

• Members

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:06 PM

You can do it using ARMAX and pendrive, but it will not work. Simply copy SA save file from memory card to pendrive using MAX Memory and open file on PC using PS2 Save Editor, add PC save file to PS2 file and copy it to memory card.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users