» «
Photo

[REL | Beta]Drag Strip

9 replies to this topic
Hiddenshadow
  • Hiddenshadow

VC Phoenix Fanatic

• Members

Posted 31 December 2005 - 03:20 PM Edited by hiddenshadow, 02 January 2006 - 02:29 PM.

This mod will place a dragstrip infront of the Vice City beach,the strip go's from one end of the map to the other,so when you reach the end your car will be turned around automaticly at the same speed allowing you to go as fast as you wont without any traffic bugging you.

This project is pretty simple,as it uses ingame model's(bridge parts) and the standard map boundry of Vice City,but i think it's still nice.

download(updated)(thanks to Suction Testicle Man for the upload)

before complaining about any bugs,read the readme,the most important one's are in there

this release isnt final,i still need to add alot of stuff,sugestions are welcome.

Also(forgot to put this in the readme),this mod can be distributed freely,aslong as the original files are included without being modified.

Hanney
  • Hanney

Hardcore VC-MP Fan.

• Members

Posted 31 December 2005 - 03:25 PM Edited by Hanney, 31 December 2005 - 03:39 PM.

Downloading it just now should be better for getting longer drags along the beach instead of going up and down bumps on the beach ill sure use this with friends on VCMP smile.gif

EDIT: Tried it out couldnt find the entrance up to the bridge i thought that it was on the beach not on the water but still cool though i have a problem with it i was driving along with my infernus going north then the bridge suddenly went invisable after it hit 11pm bored.gif

Hiddenshadow
  • Hiddenshadow

VC Phoenix Fanatic

• Members

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:43 AM Edited by hiddenshadow, 01 January 2006 - 10:52 AM.

yeah,the bridge going invisible is a big bug,and indeed,it go's invisible at night.

as i was with my grandparents for newyear,i didnt have time to work on the bridge,but updates will come in a day or two(again,i have to go to my grandparents,we eat there every sunday)

EDIT: i found out the bridge shows up again at 5am sharp,and if what you say is correct,it go's invisible at 11pm.

i have no idea why it dous that,but i'm thinking it has something to do with the "atmosphere" changing to night.

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 01 January 2006 - 01:45 PM

Couldn't you fix that by making lods for the brige>???????

Grove Street Boy
  • Grove Street Boy

Maggot for life!

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 04:57 AM

I know the problem.... its the TOBJ thing in your IPL file...\

To create an object that alternates between night and day you will need to create a night and day version and then use a time controlled object (labelled TOBJ) in the ipl file.

usually day object will be 5:00 to 23:00
and night object will be 23:00 to 5:00

this should fix the problem and no models should dissapear

credit goes to a friend, Tony wob for the advice.

Hiddenshadow
  • Hiddenshadow

VC Phoenix Fanatic

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:54 PM

@the-end: the bridge has LOD's

@grove street boy: could you tell me how to do this?i realy wont that bug fixed

Supdario
  • Supdario

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (hiddenshadow @ Jan 2 2006, 12:54)
@the-end: the bridge has LOD's

@grove street boy: could you tell me how to do this?i realy wont that bug fixed

Odie said:

CODE

tobj
..  //  shows timecontroled objects (for day and/or night) in the following format

ID#, Name, Texturepack, unknown(1), viewdistance, parameter, time on, time off

end

notice:  you may use two different objects, that makes a change between day/night
  or a single objects, only shown in a time section (like night windows)
  parameters like below

ODIE

Hiddenshadow
  • Hiddenshadow

VC Phoenix Fanatic

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:55 PM Edited by hiddenshadow, 02 January 2006 - 02:03 PM.

i've been looking at the original game files,and found out tobj isnt an IPL parameter,but an IDE parameter.

if it is the tobj parameter,i'l have to add an IDE file to put the parameters in.

EDIT: i think i found out how to fix it:i'l have to put in the night model of the piece of bridge i used in to,in the bridge's IDE the piece i used is only made to appear from 5am to 23pm(the piece is named Roosbridge2_dt (dt=daytime),so i'l have to put in Roosbridge2_nt (nt=nighttime))

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:03 PM

Looks like the object you have chosen is one that has two variations. That means somewhere is the other object that appears at the other time where that object isn't showing. If you find where that object is normally located you should be able to find the object you need.

Hiddenshadow
  • Hiddenshadow

VC Phoenix Fanatic

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:06 PM Edited by hiddenshadow, 02 January 2006 - 02:35 PM.

yeah,the bridge has day and night pieces,so i'l just have to put in the night piece's(simply copy the lines and replace the names and id's,thats how i did the lod's to)

EDIT: done,i'l upload it in a minute or two

EDIT#2: i uploaded it(thanks to stm),but now i found out the night models have the glow of the streetlights on them,i'd considder this a good thing,as you can now see where your driving at night.

EDIT#3: almost forgot,thanks to all people who helped me solve this!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users