Photo

Vice City Stories is inevitable.

32 replies to this topic
ProXimity WarNing
  • ProXimity WarNing

It's Training Day.

• Members

Posted 25 December 2005 - 05:13 PM

Whether it be in 2006 or later on, Vice City Stories is inevitable for the PSP. LCS was such a huge success and phenomenal game that Rockstar will not let it go unnoticed and not make another GTA for the PSP. Even though their attention is sterned directly at the next GTA for PS3, Vice City Stories is inevitable to be made for the PSP. Anythoughts on a main character and storyline for it? Mine would have to be Ken Rosenberg being sent down their from Liberty City to keep out an eye for the Forrelli's in the late 70's-early 80's and he gets caught up in drugs and all that stuff. Sound good?

-PW

gohan__14
  • gohan__14

[UVA]G-Rider

• Members

Posted 25 December 2005 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (ProXimity WarNing @ Dec 25 2005, 17:13)
Whether it be in 2006 or later on, Vice City Stories is inevitable for the PSP. LCS was such a huge success and phenomenal game that Rockstar will not let it go unnoticed and not make another GTA for the PSP. Even though their attention is sterned directly at the next GTA for PS3, Vice City Stories is inevitable to be made for the PSP. Anythoughts on a main character and storyline for it? Mine would have to be Ken Rosenberg being sent down their from Liberty City to keep out an eye for the Forrelli's in the late 70's-early 80's and he gets caught up in drugs and all that stuff. Sound good?

-PW

Rockstar already anounce that they're doing a new gta game on psp,and it will out in 2006.And Rockstar games didn't anounce that they're doing gta on ps3.

Holmes
  • Holmes

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 December 2005 - 06:05 PM

And Rockstar games didn't anounce that they're doing gta on ps3.

Actually, they did. I read a magazine here in the UK called Gamesmaster, and I read that they announced two GTA games for the PS3. If they will be launch titles remains to be seen.

War-Lord
  • War-Lord

Vice City FTW

• Members

Posted 25 December 2005 - 06:06 PM

YEA PSM already talked about this in there January issue hopefully it is Vice and hopefully you can swim...lol

kroozin
  • kroozin

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 December 2005 - 10:34 PM

i dont think vice city, because people have already played it, why wouls they want to spend another 30 quid for a game they have seen before. mind i would pay for it, i go stunting in it:P

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 25 December 2005 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (kroozin @ Dec 25 2005, 22:34)
why wouls they want to spend another 30 quid for a game they have seen before.

For the same reason they bought GTA LCS, becuase it's a new GTA. Another thing is this, these are hte facts which i've stated time and time again where no-one has listened:

• Rockstar said all new Cities would be for next gen only i.e PS3

• This narrows it down to 2 possible places, Vice City realistic, San Andreas, not so realistic. Vice City would fit on the UMD, SA wouldn't personally i would like a Vice City game set in the time period of just after GTA3, where you meet up with Ray in Vice City, and another thing instead of neon wahed, i would like a dark grungy Vice City.

There that's it, it will mostlikely be VC, nuff said.

War-Lord
  • War-Lord

Vice City FTW

• Members

Posted 25 December 2005 - 11:19 PM

I like that Idea Rob more Grunge makes it look more like a city thats why I love Liberty City so much.

Wesyeed
  • Wesyeed

Internet brat

• Members

Posted 26 December 2005 - 01:01 AM

Whatever the next one is, it better have infrastructure mode cryani.gif

thegloaming
  • thegloaming

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 December 2005 - 02:39 AM

-PW

I don't know about Ken being the main character. He is too soft to play a carjacker and a general pyscho.

Napolean
  • Napolean

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 December 2005 - 02:52 AM

i've never played vice city before, so i wouldnt be able to understand most of the story O_o

but oh well, it would be like a brand new map for me

Philtheonearmedbandit
  • Philtheonearmedbandit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:20 AM

-PW

I don't think Ken would be a good main character. I mean he's a coward, he's a cokehead (suprisingly he's less wirey when on the stuff), I don't even think he's ever fired a gun.

I'd much rather see Phil than any other VC character I can think of off the top of my head. Plus come on, we have had two entirely Phil-less games, that's a damn crime!

Rown
  • Rown

weltvolkzeit

• The Connection
  • Scotland

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:47 AM

What two games are Phil-less?

GTA3-You protect him in a mission for Ray.
GTAVC-He is your shootist for the bank robbery at El Banco Corrupto Grande.
GTASA-No Phil.
GTALCS-I was reading the gameguide (I don't own the game, never played it (yes I know reading a gameguide is sad)) and he has a brief cameo at the end of one mission.

That's only one Phil-less game. So that being said, I agree that Phil would make a pretty decent character as the star of a GTA. But there would have to be more missions for Mr. Black (Pay Phone), that guy was awesome. Let's see... you could also play as Lance, Victor (Lance's brother), or any one of the many characters in VC.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

Philtheonearmedbandit
  • Philtheonearmedbandit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 December 2005 - 07:36 AM

Okay, one brieft cameo in LCS. That's just not enough for me. He's an awesome character (especially when voiced by Busey) so I think he just needs more air time.

arowana_guy
  • arowana_guy

Hebe Tien

• Members

Posted 26 December 2005 - 07:56 AM

no way the character will be ken, he cant even scare a child.

maybe as colonel cortez or diaz.

warrens467
  • warrens467

warrens467

• Members

Posted 26 December 2005 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (Rown @ Dec 26 2005, 06:47)
"Let's see... you could also play as Lance, Victor (Lance's brother), or any one of the many characters in VC."

I'm thinking it would be Lance Vance maybe in the early/mid 90's. We never really got to understand the character of Lance Vance in Vice City so maybe they would develop this a bit more

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 26 December 2005 - 11:21 AM Edited by Sektor, 26 December 2005 - 11:24 AM.

Perhaps Sonny Forreli?

Link to post by theY4Kman.

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 26 December 2005 - 11:24 AM

I feel like using spoilers here:
Didn't Tommy kill lance in '86.

I don't think Sonny had ever been to VC before and I'm pretty sure he didn't after.

If it's set before 1986:
I think Cortez as a younger man would be interesting.
Diaz would be great too because we know he would end up wealthy and living it up. The down side would be that we know his future isn't great and he is a fat whiney little man.

If it's set after 1986:
Present day jobs for Ray or an aged Mercedes. More interesting landscape because it has been developed. Phil woul be good too, but we could never achieve much in the way of money, property or power if the overall story was going to fit the continuity.
The downside would be that it would have to explain Tommy's future which could affect the happy-ever-after ending we left him with.

StreetCrab
  • StreetCrab

Say hello to my little friend

• Members

Posted 26 December 2005 - 11:45 AM

How about you play as claude again from gta3, but you work for tommy in vice. i think that would be quite cool

arowana_guy
  • arowana_guy

Hebe Tien

• Members

Posted 26 December 2005 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (StreetCrab @ Dec 26 2005, 11:45)
How about you play as claude again from gta3, but you work for tommy in vice. i think that would be quite cool

actually i like it better if the main character can talk in a bad ass way like vercetti.
maybe play as big mitch baker? avery?
never had one about being a biker gang

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 December 2005 - 01:47 PM

What two games are Phil-less?

GTA3-You protect him in a mission for Ray.
GTAVC-He is your shootist for the bank robbery at El Banco Corrupto Grande.
GTASA-No Phil.
GTALCS-I was reading the gameguide (I don't own the game, never played it (yes I know reading a gameguide is sad)) and he has a brief cameo at the end of one mission.

That's only one Phil-less game. So that being said, I agree that Phil would make a pretty decent character as the star of a GTA. But there would have to be more missions for Mr. Black (Pay Phone), that guy was awesome. Let's see... you could also play as Lance, Victor (Lance's brother), or any one of the many characters in VC.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

I don't think he was in GTA: Advance. but I don't know i havn't finished that one yet But you'd have to play as him before '86 coz i don't want to play as a one armed guy

Holmes
  • Holmes

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 December 2005 - 02:37 PM

I feel the need that I have to state some characters which should pop up in later games...

The Truth (if he's still alive from all that druggin')
Sage the DJ
Toreno
Luigi
Misty (Although there were a clever reference in San An as the name of a bar in SF)
8 Ball
Maccer
Kent Paul
Amy Shackenhousen (from K-Chat)

Philtheonearmedbandit
  • Philtheonearmedbandit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 December 2005 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (carpetdweller @ Dec 26 2005, 11:24)
Phil woul be good too, but we could never achieve much in the way of money, property or power if the overall story was going to fit the continuity

He could lose it all at the end of the game, and remember, military weapons aren't cheap.

MOBMAN
  • MOBMAN

Silent Killer

• Members

Posted 26 December 2005 - 08:43 PM

R* has never said anything about new cities being exclusive too console games.I'd like proof of this.If they do do the whole port the city thing agian I think it'd be cool to mabe play as Toni after he has to leave Liberty and he'd go to Vice.Then they could do San Andreas in the 70's and you could play as Toni's father.You'd have a Cipriani theme going on. cool.gif

Ollie199090
  • Ollie199090

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 December 2005 - 09:47 PM

I know vice city was a lot of peoples favorite GTA but it is My least favorite although i dont have GTA III which is unbelievable I know but I think that if they did make Vice City for the PSP i thik it should be as Diaz but the ending should be you Dieing by being killed by Tommy I also think you should have the cutscenec involving Diaz from VC as this would show that it is at the same time as VC but maybe make it seem more dark as someone said before as it is Diaz's story. Obviously it would start a few years before VC on PS2 but continue up to Diaz's death in VC on PS2. What you all think about that?

Thanks - Ollie199090

tagamaynila
  • tagamaynila

Bézier cultist

• The Connection

Posted 27 December 2005 - 05:02 PM

Phil? Hmm... If it's post VC then we'll have a one armed main character. It could work. Gonna be strange though.

Diaz is a likely canditate, maybe even Umberto.

Rosenberg. A pussy.

Big Mitch Baker. He's good. But if set long after VC, he'd be too old.

You know they could just come up with a new character.

metzeoshi
  • metzeoshi

mtz

• Members

Posted 27 December 2005 - 05:45 PM

Hmm
VCS - action in 1989 - Playing as:
Tommy again /some new guy - Yakuza contact in VC?
We meet: Mercedes, Rosenberg, Kazuki Kasen
VCS - action in 1984 - playing as:
Young Vincenzo Cilli (xD) / Phil / some Haitian?
We meet Salvatore (just for a while when he is in Town to check something out), Lance and Lance's bro.
VCS - action in 2001 - Playing as:
Joey Leone (After his father's death in 2000 he decided to go to Vice) / CJ
We meet: Ray, Madd Dogg, Claude
hmm?

chaoticmayhem
  • chaoticmayhem

Too much pressure!

• Members

Posted 27 December 2005 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Ollie199090 @ Dec 26 2005, 21:47)
I know vice city was a lot of peoples favorite GTA but it is My least favorite although i dont have GTA III which is unbelievable I know but I think that if they did make Vice City for the PSP i thik it should be as Diaz but the ending should be you Dieing by being killed by Tommy I also think you should have the cutscenec involving Diaz from VC as this would show that it is at the same time as VC but maybe make it seem more dark as someone said before as it is Diaz's story. Obviously it would start a few years before VC on PS2 but continue up to Diaz's death in VC on PS2. What you all think about that?

Thanks - Ollie199090

You mean as you as you finish the game you can't run around like previous GTA games? You have to remain dead? Therefore unable to get 100% if you didn't do any sidemissions previously. cry.gif

Obviously, they wouldn't make a GTA game where you die in the end. They didn't do it with Vice City where we all know how Tony Montana died.

War-Lord
  • War-Lord

Vice City FTW

• Members

Posted 27 December 2005 - 07:20 PM

I would love to play as 8-Ball in Liberty Again. Liberty has always been my favorite city out of the 3 and thats why I think 8-Ball should be playable.

Stoney385
  • Stoney385

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2005 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (warrens467 @ Dec 26 2005, 11:08)
"Let's see... you could also play as Lance, Victor (Lance's brother), or any one of the many characters in VC."

I'm thinking it would be Lance Vance maybe in the early/mid 90's. We never really got to understand the character of Lance Vance in Vice City so maybe they would develop this a bit more

Bro, have you played Vice City because in the 80'S you WHACK lance vance meaning in the 90's he'd be dead

War-Lord
  • War-Lord

Vice City FTW

• Members

Posted 27 December 2005 - 07:40 PM

Here this is my take on the next GTA for PSP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users