» «
Photo

[REL|BETA] TXD Workshop 4.0

64 replies to this topic
JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 25 December 2005 - 01:47 PM Edited by JernejL, 28 March 2012 - 10:41 PM.

I haven't updated txd workshop for some time, but i was working on it lately, collecting suggestions, ideas and bugs for TXD workshop 4.0, i eliminated "quite some" bugs, and added some small things, most noticeable being img editing support smile.gif , now it can work with txd files inside img archives (all 3 gta games supported! ), it also supports basic img file actions (extract, add, delete (multiple files too!), replace (keeps file index on same place, replaces with smaller or bigger files), rename, and lightspeed file search smile.gif

It has a basic but fully functional img editor, it only needs rebuilding feature, but that isn't so critical and not so important, as other editors should be used for img related stuff, this is still supposed to be txd editor wink.gif

user posted image

download it here:
http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=8320

SeaNorris.
  • SeaNorris.

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 December 2005 - 01:50 PM

Thanks Delfi I'll report back any bugs later, this will make life alot easier wink.gif

Blackfuse
  • Blackfuse

A Beginning Modder :-)

• Members

Posted 25 December 2005 - 02:12 PM

This seems very great and useful to me tounge.gif . Well done wink.gif !

cookie.gif

MechanicalAnimal
  • MechanicalAnimal

GTA:VC

• Members

Posted 25 December 2005 - 02:43 PM

Thanks! This will be very practical! And that Flip! command is very handy!

Jarno
  • Jarno

V2A Converter

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2005 - 08:03 AM

Great job!

MechanicalAnimal
  • MechanicalAnimal

GTA:VC

• Members

Posted 26 December 2005 - 11:16 AM

I found the first bug!

When you goto File --> New, you get the window where you can choose images, 8, 16 and 32 and there's also Exit button, it doesn't work.. Exit button doesn't work, fix it smile.gif

J$Maxim
  • J$Maxim

Pass me the blunt

• Members

Posted 26 December 2005 - 11:58 AM

Thanks a lot dude, been using this program for a while.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 26 December 2005 - 12:03 PM

The IMG feature is going to be very useful. Nice work smile.gif

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 26 December 2005 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (MechanicalAnimal @ Dec 26 2005, 11:16)
I found the first bug!

When you goto File --> New, you get the window where you can choose images, 8, 16 and 32 and there's also Exit button, it doesn't work.. Exit button doesn't work, fix it smile.gif

That problem was also in the previous version.....on topic good work nice update man

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 December 2005 - 11:01 PM

thanks for the file > new bug, i've fixed it for the 4.0 release, keep reports comming, and please tell others you may find interested in txd workshop about this topic.

ParoXum
  • ParoXum

Proud PC Gamer

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (Delfi @ Dec 26 2005, 23:01)
thanks for the file > new bug, i've fixed it for the 4.0 release, keep reports comming, and please tell others you may find interested in txd workshop about this topic.

Can we specify the number of mipmaps on a texture in this version ?

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 27 December 2005 - 08:20 AM

no, mipmaps are still stripped when saving to simplify editing.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:07 AM

Hey Delfi, can you make this so when you open an IMG file with TXD Workshop, the program doesn't f*ck up the computer? I tried to open gta3.img with this program and it doesn't open. The memory usage is to the max and I couldn't close the program with the close button, Alt+F4, and task manager. So I had to force the computer to turn off.

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Dec 28 2005, 01:07)
Hey Delfi, can you make this so when you open an IMG file with TXD Workshop, the program doesn't f*ck up the computer? I tried to open gta3.img with this program and it doesn't open. The memory usage is to the max and I couldn't close the program with the close button, Alt+F4, and task manager. So I had to force the computer to turn off.

a little more detail would be helpful?

which img did you open / version (V1, V2), etc
did any other programs have same img opened at the same time?
did you do anything else besides opening the img?
what program generated the img?
was the game running in background?

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2005 - 03:40 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 28 December 2005 - 03:49 PM.

I right click the gta3.img file (any GTA), scrolled to the option "Open With", clicked "txdworkshop", and then my computer f*cks up. But if I opened TXD Workshop first, and then open gta3.img from TXD Workshop, it works fine. Spooky's IMG editors works fine if I opened gta3.img with the "Open With" option.

MoeRonimoe
  • MoeRonimoe

I write the songs that make the young girls cry

• Members

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:08 PM Edited by MoeRonimoe, 28 December 2005 - 10:10 PM.

Cool a new TXD Workshop smile.gif

Sry to say but your last version made ma alot of times angry cry.gif

Will download when it isn't Beta anymore.

Had a bug with the old, i think, no one else had dontgetit.gif

Sometimes it exportet Textures in strage lila colors and just in Paint they looked normal blink.gif

I'll be waitin Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

€dit: One more thing i just thought of. Would be cool if there is a way to lock the txd's so that not everyone can look into them or steal them catspider.gif

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Dec 28 2005, 16:40)
I right click the gta3.img file (any GTA), scrolled to the option "Open With", clicked "txdworkshop", and then my computer f*cks up. But if I opened TXD Workshop first, and then open gta3.img from TXD Workshop, it works fine. Spooky's IMG editors works fine if I opened gta3.img with the "Open With" option.

lol, no wonder, that is supposed to open TXDs not img files, so it probably tries to read img as a txd and for some reason error checking permits it, open img files with special button when you run the program.

MoeRonimoe: locking? i don't think so, it doesnt make sense to lock txds when anyone with previous version could easily defeat it, plus the file format is known so i dont think it is worth bothering, i think ashdexx had some success by changing internal structure with using steve's rwanalyse..

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:31 PM

There is a TXD program called ViceTXD and that program can directly open gta3.img from GTA3 and Vice City using the "Open With" option. I just wanted to be a bit lazier.

For some reason, your program lags a bit when I select a 512x512 image. Your older versions doesn't suffer like this before. Is this normal?

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 29 December 2005 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Dec 29 2005, 18:31)
There is a TXD program called ViceTXD and that program can directly open gta3.img from GTA3 and Vice City using the "Open With" option. I just wanted to be a bit lazier.

For some reason, your program lags a bit when I select a 512x512 image. Your older versions doesn't suffer like this before. Is this normal?

select for displaying or importing?

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 January 2006 - 05:09 AM

odd. when i chose to associate your program with .txd files it doesn't seem to work right. Windows wont put your icon on the .txd files, and if i double click a .txd file, it just launches your program, without loading the txd into the program, which means i have to load it from the file or drag and drop it anyway. i had this problem with the last version too confused.gif

I just formatted, and re-installed windows yesterday, so i know my pc and registry arent messed up.

MoeRonimoe: locking? i don't think so, it doesnt make sense to lock txds when anyone with previous version could easily defeat it, plus the file format is known so i dont think it is worth bothering, i think ashdexx had some success by changing internal structure with using steve's rwanalyse..

Conceivably yes, you could "lock" a txd, by adding or altering sections in such a way that the game will read the txd, but other apps wont. The way i did it, was by changing the number of images the txd thinks it has, to a different number than the actual amount of images in the txd. The problem is, since there isn't a standardized way of reading txd files, that each program will treat this differently.
While my solution prevented one app from reading all the images, another txd editing app apparently skipped that check, and read all of them just fine. the game didnt care either way.

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 January 2006 - 09:54 AM

yeah, this file asociation code is weird, it works, doesn't and works again, this needs attention, as for the txd locking, the txds are really much simplier format than dff, there is no way anyone could offer you any kind of protection, whatever i do, it can be loaded with older program or in moomapper's texture viewer..

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 January 2006 - 02:29 PM

Well, you could encrypt the content and hack the game to decrypt it on-the-fly, but yea... tounge.gif

Isuck100%
  • Isuck100%

Hasa Diga Eebowai!

• Members

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:44 PM

I downloaded txd workshop but I don't know how to use it. How do I even open it to begin with. Please help, thank you.

Isuck100%
  • Isuck100%

Hasa Diga Eebowai!

• Members

Posted 21 January 2006 - 02:13 AM

sad.gif

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 21 January 2006 - 10:42 AM

learn with trial and error.. it works similar to most of other windows programs.

gto288
  • gto288

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2006 - 11:06 PM

I'm in trouble with TXD Workshop 3.8a.
When I import a texture (regardless the format), an error occurs with the following message:
"Exception EFOpenError in module dxt.dll at 0000B4A6";
and more, when I re-open the txd the texture is corrupted and increased in kb (increasing the txd as well).

It seems that the problem is in the compression phase (perhaps the dxt.dll is faulty, or I have to put it in a particular folder or even my computer is missing a file).

I've sent to you some files via e-mail (zipped) with the original and corrupted files.

Thank You for your effort and best wishes.
GTO288

P.S.
I've the DXTbmp program installed on my computer and I noticed that the MWDDS.DLL in the "windows\system32" folder is the 4.0.0.55 version while the one in the txdworkshop folder is the 4.0.0.49 (so I have two of them).

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:47 PM

OK, i released txd workshop 4.0, so anyone that is still using older or beta version go and get the release build of txd workshop 4.0 here:

http://gtatools.com/...php?action=news

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

A. f*ck

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:31 PM

I realize this topic is old, but I do have a slight problem with the program.

I am trying to read .txd files from the Xbox version of Grand Theft Auto 3. I am using the newest version of the program (4.0d). I have tried opening the .txd files from within the GTA3.img file, I have also tried exporting them and then opening the file. Everytime I get the same error.

CODE
Access violation at address 0048FECE in module 'txdworkshop.exe'. Read of address 00000001.

I've had GTA3 installed on my xbox for a while. I thought it would be fun to try and add a few map mods to it. If I could convert the .txd files I'm sure I would be all set. sad.gif

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:53 PM

it works only with vc version of xbox gta.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

A. f*ck

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:58 AM

Ah. I don't suppose you want to donate your time to adding support for GTA3Xbox?

...What do you mean, "no"?

tounge.gif

Ah, well. Great tool regardless. Its still come in handy many other times.

Thanks, man.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users