Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will it be available for other platforms?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic
jdwazere
  • jdwazere

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2005 - 12:36 PM

Will GTA multiplayer be available for PS2 cos i cant be bothered getting san andreas for pc just for multiplayer. There should be a way to download it via network/internet cos ive got internet for my ps2 yin-yang.gif

f3llah1n
  • f3llah1n

God

• Members

Posted 23 December 2005 - 12:55 PM

Raise
  • Raise

Infinity Games

• Members

Posted 23 December 2005 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (jdwazere @ Dec 23 2005, 12:36)
Will GTA multiplayer be available for PS2 cos i cant be bothered getting san andreas for pc just for multiplayer. There should be a way to download it via network/internet cos ive got internet for my ps2 yin-yang.gif

I think you know the answer.. But wait untill a crewmember replie

XcR
  • XcR

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 December 2005 - 01:05 PM

No, it'll be for PC only..

Nobuyoshi2
  • Nobuyoshi2

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 December 2005 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (jdwazere @ Dec 23 2005, 12:36)

is that some kind of sick joke ?, geez the ps2 version of san andreas went out of style ages ago, keep up with the times pal, it wouldn't be possible anyway.

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

Dud dats not gas, dats a chikn.

• Members

Posted 24 December 2005 - 01:12 PM

I like how the majority of you spazz out when you only need to answer with a "No."

Purple9
  • Purple9

WARNING: Contains Horse

• The Precinct

Posted 24 December 2005 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (f3llah1n @ Dec 23 2005, 12:55)

Oh, the thought that must've gone into that. dozingoff.gif Don't bother...again.

jdwazere
  • jdwazere

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 December 2005 - 11:11 PM

thanx for the hate mail, i was just asking

Spooky
  • Spooky

Prince of the Yolkfolk

• Members

Posted 25 December 2005 - 03:41 PM

No worries jdwazere, it was a good question. Not everyone knows that modding the PC and PS2 versions of the game are very different things.

SHOTGUN O
  • SHOTGUN O

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2005 - 03:05 PM

it should be on PS2

dustcrazy
  • dustcrazy

Just simply, the crazy one.

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2005 - 04:53 PM

I belive it would take way too much work and wouldn't get release. Even if it did work it would require a mod chip and/or the hard drive.

njr1489
  • njr1489

MP5

• Members

Posted 27 December 2005 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (SHOTGUN O @ Dec 27 2005, 15:05)
it should be on PS2

Don't you think the team would face some sort of legal action? And besides, you would need a modchip to do that, which not many have.

Noobi3
  • Noobi3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 04:39 AM

Rockstar shouldve made SA online (Ps2) in the first place.Especially when somebody gets owned they wont blame the lag like they do in pc.

DAMIAN91
  • DAMIAN91

Mr. Beta 9.1

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 05:08 AM Edited by DAMIAN91, 03 January 2006 - 02:46 AM.

QUOTE (Noobi3 @ Jan 2 2006, 04:39)
Rockstar shouldve made SA online (Ps2) in the first place.Especially when somebody gets owned they wont blame the lag like they do in pc.

The game nearly fills up the whole disc. Definitely not enough room for an online addon...

jinkies.uk
  • jinkies.uk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2006 - 01:40 AM Edited by jinkies.uk, 03 January 2006 - 01:43 AM.

has any one realised there IS another console with a hard drive? hence the name "XBOX". i think i would really work on the xbox. And true say it does not take up the whole of the disc for modding, its something like 2435gb when a average DVD disc size is like 4.5 gb. so it can work and all you really need is the source code and it will work. server wise, im sure x kai link (xbox tunneling client for pc to xbox) X kai link here wouldnt mind helping you with the project. email them see what they are saying, or you could even make your own xbox tunneling thing just for GTA:M xbox. ^^ i can get some people to help you to port it onto the xbox if you would like, just hit me up on [email protected]. if you think it would be a no no then email me any way. im sure this would be a big part of the xbox modding community if you go through with this and it works. the ps2 one is too out date now and plus ps2 does not have the capabilitys to mod games as of the xbox. tell us what what you think of the idea oh great smiter of GTA:M.

jinkies tounge2.gif

njr1489
  • njr1489

MP5

• Members

Posted 03 January 2006 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (jinkies.uk @ Jan 3 2006, 01:40)
has any one realised there IS another console with a hard drive? hence the name "XBOX". i think i would really work on the xbox. And true say it does not take up the whole of the disc for modding, its something like 2435gb when a average DVD disc size is like 4.5 gb. so it can work and all you really need is the source code and it will work. server wise, im sure x kai link (xbox tunneling client for pc to xbox) X kai link here wouldnt mind helping you with the project. email them see what they are saying, or you could even make your own xbox tunneling thing just for GTA:M xbox. ^^ i can get some people to help you to port it onto the xbox if you would like, just hit me up on [email protected]. if you think it would be a no no then email me any way. im sure this would be a big part of the xbox modding community if you go through with this and it works. the ps2 one is too out date now and plus ps2 does not have the capabilitys to mod games as of the xbox. tell us what what you think of the idea oh great smiter of GTA:M.

jinkies tounge2.gif

Don't you think the team would face some sort of legal action? And besides, you would need a modchip to do that, which not many have.

Seriously, many people don't have modchips.

Cam
  • Cam

Cam

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:00 AM

As far as I know, none of the team have XBox's. Even though if we did it would most likely be impossible to make GTA Multiplayer for Xbox. And we could face legal action. It simply is not an option. Get the 1.0 PC version of SA.

jinkies.uk
  • jinkies.uk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2006 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (Camaro dude @ Jan 3 2006, 02:00)
As far as I know, none of the team have XBox's. Even though if we did it would most likely be impossible to make GTA Multiplayer for Xbox. And we could face legal action. It simply is not an option. Get the 1.0 PC version of SA.

but wait a minute. cant you face legal action with the pc version?
what is this mod realli gonna do if it is released on the xbox? plus even if you did port it to the xbox you would need the pc files any way so its not like they are loosing money in the process. people port games for the xbox all the time, such as quake 3 and the mods involved in that.

all im saying is, is it posible to give it a go at least and not realease it to the world. if it is found out and is not approved by rockstar then cease the project and call it quits.

make it like a side project kinna thing.

and trust me there are alot of people with mod chips. check out the whole of xbox scene and their amount of members.

plz go through with this. it would be a good idea and ill even hold a poll to see who thinks that this would be a good idea! ^^

it is not impossible, nothing is impossible. and you lot do not need a xbox. from when you give us the get-go we will take it from there and we will inform you of our progress. we will not kick you out of our side of the project, we will inform you in every lil thing we will do if i am able to form a porting crew.

trust me I T W I L L B E B I G!

kyeman
  • kyeman

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 January 2006 - 04:19 AM

It's already a huge task to make it work on the PC. Doing it for XBox would be alot harder and not worth anyone's time. Nobody on the team even owns an XBox as far as I'm aware.

There are many extra legal issues with what code can be run on consoles, since it's all proprietary hardware/software.

jax
  • jax

Moof!

• Members

Posted 03 January 2006 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE (jinkies.uk @ Jan 3 2006, 03:38)
all im saying is, is it posible to give it a go at least and not realease it to the world.

Sure you can give it a go and let us know how things turn up colgate.gif , hell you've even given yourself a list of reasons why you should make a multiplayer for the console versions of GTA San Andreas. And as you said, it will be big.... bbq.gif

-jax

jinkies.uk
  • jinkies.uk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (jax @ Jan 3 2006, 06:25)
all im saying is, is it posible to give it a go at least and not realease it to the world.

Sure you can give it a go and let us know how things turn up colgate.gif , hell you've even given yourself a list of reasons why you should make a multiplayer for the console versions of GTA San Andreas. And as you said, it will be big.... bbq.gif

-jax

REALLY?

are you gonna let us do it? plz say yes plz say yes!

Statico
  • Statico

Programmer

• Members

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (jinkies.uk @ Jan 4 2006, 17:39)
QUOTE (jax @ Jan 3 2006, 06:25)

-jax

REALLY?

are you gonna let us do it? plz say yes plz say yes!

Well anyone can try and do it, but if you mean will they give out the source code to anyone to try it, I doubt it.

jax
  • jax

Moof!

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 03:35 AM

I knew someone would take that the wrong way...

basically..

we're only supporting the PC version of the game, and no we're not releasing the source code.

-jax

Rutran
  • Rutran

Fish Smasher

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 04:47 PM

Please convert PC multiplayer San Andreas for Xbox San Andreas.
confused.gif Topic for SAM X San Andreas Multiplayer Xbox http://www.forum.gta...wtopic.php?t=67
More people wait for this project.

Spooky
  • Spooky

Prince of the Yolkfolk

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 05:22 PM

As already stated, nobody on the team even has an Xbox. Also, XBoxes aren't meant to be modded (not that i'm against it, but there are legal complications).

There's no way SA:MP will be available for the Xbox.

Also, the GH0STce11 guy from the link you posted doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. I hope he tries to convert any SanAn MP Mod for the PC to Xbox...

jinkies.uk
  • jinkies.uk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2006 - 12:22 AM Edited by jinkies.uk, 06 January 2006 - 12:47 AM.

QUOTE (Spooky @ Jan 5 2006, 17:22)
As already stated, nobody on the team even has an Xbox. Also, XBoxes aren't meant to be modded (not that i'm against it, but there are legal complications).

Also, the GH0STce11 guy from the link you posted doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. I hope he tries to convert any SanAn MP Mod for the PC to Xbox...

BAH i give up on this, but its ok i just heard about MTA:Blue
witch maybe designed for the xbox (^^) so its ok. but one thing
can you tell me, is it just going to a change of the scripts
main.cfm or sumthing like that and sum other one... i forget? will that all we need other
than the server hoster on the pc to run?

njr1489
  • njr1489

MP5

• Members

Posted 06 January 2006 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (jinkies.uk @ Jan 6 2006, 00:22)
QUOTE (Spooky @ Jan 5 2006, 17:22)

BAH i give up on this, but its ok i just heard about MTA:Blue
witch maybe designed for the xbox (^^) so its ok. but one thing
can you tell me, is it just going to a change of the scripts
main.cfm or sumthing like that and sum other one... i forget? will that all we need other
than the server hoster on the pc to run?

MTA isn't going to be on the xbox. They won't and they never will.

DAMIAN91
  • DAMIAN91

Mr. Beta 9.1

• Members

Posted 06 January 2006 - 03:51 AM Edited by DAMIAN91, 06 January 2006 - 04:28 AM.

Jesus christ how many times must the creators tell you people no? Theyre not gonna switch it to Xbox. Not gonna work on making one for it. Or anything close to doing it off the PC >_<

Chronos525
  • Chronos525

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:45 AM

Wow this is easily one of the saddest threads I've ever laid my eyes on for quite a few reasons...

1) Someone actually believes a multiplayer mod is possible for a console.

2) Someone actually wants a multiplayer mod for a console.

3) Terrible English.

Hey guys let's make a mod for a console where we can limit ourselves even more to what we can do! Hey! Here's an even better idea, let's play a third person shooter with a controller! But wait there's even more? We can have sh*t graphics as well?? This is too good to be true!

jinkies.uk
  • jinkies.uk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 January 2006 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (Chronos525 @ Jan 8 2006, 10:45)
Wow this is easily one of the saddest threads I've ever laid my eyes on for quite a few reasons...

1) Someone actually believes a multiplayer mod is possible for a console.

2) Someone actually wants a multiplayer mod for a console.

3) Terrible English.

Hey guys let's make a mod for a console where we can limit ourselves even more to what we can do! Hey! Here's an even better idea, let's play a third person shooter with a controller! But wait there's even more? We can have sh*t graphics as well?? This is too good to be true!

WTF? shut up. no one is as weird as you. whats wrong with having a multiplayer mod on san andreas?? if there was anything wrong there woulndnt be a San Andreas Multiplayer would there?

think when you "post to insult", but any ways back to what im saying some on said the MTA crew are gonna let there be a C++ code so we can edit our game modes and stuff like that. so i just guessing from the posts i have been reading on other sites, people will just build it up from there for it to play on the xbox.

holla back.

(Newbs Dont Insult, waste of time with me becuase ill laugh at you stupidity of wasting your time posting any then cuss you back so you wont win against me! rampage_ani.gif )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users