Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year!

30 replies to this topic
Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 22 December 2005 - 07:17 AM

Hello everyone,
This topic is simply for everyone to post any Christmas and/or New Year's wishes, what you got for Christmas (when that rolls around!), what you're doing for Christmas/New Year, etc. - basically, anything to do with Christmas and/or New Year's. I'm posting it now because some people go away over Christmas/New Year (hopefully this isn't too late), and I believe that being such a close community at GTAF, especially in this forum, we need something like this. This will also save the General Chat topic being over-run with Christmasy posts. After New Year's though, I'll lock this up (and leave it here for next year, if we're still working on LC then!).

So, to kick off:
Ben would like to wish everyone the best over Christmas and the New Year - hope Santa's good to you!

M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S ! xmas.gif
and
A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

To those going away, enjoy your holidays - I hope the weather's nice. To those of you staying, I guess I'll see you all round the forum. Have a good one! wink.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 22 December 2005 - 07:31 AM

Bah Humbug! tounge.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 22 December 2005 - 07:34 AM

There's always one... biggrin.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 22 December 2005 - 08:12 AM

I just felt like posting that. I do enjoy Christmas. Although I'm around my family so much, it's not too much different for me. I do still have to do ALL of my shopping yet. I'm such a procrastinator.

I wonder what it's like to experience Christmas in the middle of summer like you Aussies do. I can't imagine it without snow (or at least cold weather).

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 22 December 2005 - 08:23 AM

Christmas shopping is such a nightmare, but I've done mine anyway - whew! Yeah, Christmas isn't too different for me either - the major difference is visiting relatives I've never met before but who seem to know heaps about me. Sometimes it's a little scary... nervous.gif

Well, Christmas in summer is somewhat of an experience - it's normally very hot here (about 30-40 degrees celsius - not sure what that is in fahrenheit). Not too comfortable to sleep, so it's usually an early morning and late night. The major benefit is that (when you're little especially), you can go outside and test out your new toys as much as you like. Sometimes I like to head to the beach on Christmas Day too - there's hardly ever anyone there, so it's good!

Also, we have a cold lunch - no need for a hot one. Cold ham, turkey, chicken, some salad - all the good food. I like this time of year, especially for the food, but the weather's really good too. I couldn't imagine having a cold "white" Christmas, but I guess it'd be nice.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 22 December 2005 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ Dec 22 2005, 02:23)
it's normally very hot here (about 30-40 degrees celsius - not sure what that is in fahrenheit).

I'm actually a rare American that is fluent in metric. So you don't need to convert numbers for me. But for the others, 30-40 C is about 85 - 105 F.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 22 December 2005 - 08:32 AM Edited by benisablink182fan, 22 December 2005 - 09:45 AM.

Ahh, excellent. Imperial is so inferior, IMAO! Metric just seems to make more sense (probably because I'm used to it), because it divides everything up in base 10. Not like 12 inches in a foot. A foot is 30cm, and there's 100cm in a metre. Makes much more sense to me - I do know some Imperial stuff though.

Gotta go now - I'll be back later. Smallville's about to come on - love that show! A bit cheesy here and there, but it's about the best thing on Aussie TV at the moment. tounge.gif

EDIT - I'm back. Smallville's over until Sunday - it's only just started the second season out here (I think), and that's only because ratings season is over. Actually, I take back what I said before - there's a few good shows on. Ahh, yes - Christmas for the TV! xmas.gif

Pyrrhus
  • Pyrrhus

GTAF Commissioner

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Australia

Posted 22 December 2005 - 01:05 PM

Actually, the next episode is the last one of the second season.

Anyway, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to the GTALC Team.

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:33 PM

Metric is far better, it's not based on the length of some Kings arm and isn't all messed up base wise. I couldn't imagine a hot christmas either, would just be very odd.

Y_Less wishes everyone a happy christmas and a merry new year.

Yeah, you heard, happy christmas and a merry new year.

Edit: oops, I used IRC 'me' tags confused.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:45 PM

well, at my age i don't really expect much for christmas, just spend time with my family. xmas.gif (I didnt think that emoticon would ever come in handy!)
Merry Christmas everybody and a Happy New Year!

Kurropt Antagonist
  • Kurropt Antagonist

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 December 2005 - 07:13 PM

Happy non-denominational winter season!

--Cole--
  • --Cole--

stfu n00b lol

• Members

Posted 22 December 2005 - 08:24 PM

f*ckin christmas.

I think that should replace "Bah Humbug" as the new official anti-christmas slogan.

Nah, I dunno, I'm just not feeling the christmas spirit or whatever. This year just doesn't feel like christmas. I may live in Canada, but I'm not beuried in snow, (you prejudiced bastards!) It only snowed once all winter, and I don't have enough left to make a snowball. It's pouring rain and windy, but it's still warm enough to be outside in a t-shirt and shorts.

Nobody in my family is happy about anything and we're all really bitter for no reason. I dunno, but Christmas just isn't the same this year.

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 22 December 2005 - 08:34 PM

Im just happy atm as I'm back from uni for a month and have no work (except LOTS of revision (which I should probably do).

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 31 December 2005 - 02:20 AM

Happy New Year (again!) to all. Who's got plans for tonight (or whenever NYE happens to be in your respective time zones!)?

I'm going to a beach party with 4999 other people - should be awesome! I can't wait!

Oh, and by the way, that means that you are most likely not going to see me post anything or respond to PM's until Monday at the earliest - maybe even Tuesday. Do you think you can behave yourselves until then?!?

On Monday/Tuesday when I return, this topic will be locked as promised, and opened up for this time next year, if we are still working on LC then. Don't get too drunk tonight guys, but enjoy a little time off. All the best - have a good one. tounge.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif

PS - One other thing. After a quick skim over this topic, I remembered that we'd been talking temperatures. Well, here, right now, it's sitting on about 39 C. But tomorrow, it's expected to be a record temperature of some sort I heard on the radio - most likely mid-40s C. I hope you in the Northern Hemisphere are enjoying your cold temperatures, because it's as hot as hell here. Hope there's no bushfires.

And, I just invented a new use for the *crying* emoticon. It's what I'm doing right now as I type this - *sweating*! See you all next year! cryani.gif cool.gif

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 31 December 2005 - 11:25 AM

Gawd demmit ben, how I envy you. Here in Bohemia it's a f**king -10 C. Yesterday I had to spend 2 hours shoveling f**king snow from the driveway. I HATE WINTER! I'd give anything to be on a beach right now.
Well, no matter. I'm gonna get totally wasted tonight, so best wishes colgate.gif

PS: Since there's no emoicon to express "freezing my a** off", I'll use this : die.gif xmas.gif

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 31 December 2005 - 11:39 AM

It was -11c in parts of England yesterday, not where I am but we were still sub-zero. It's not too bad today but still cold.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:36 AM

Hahaha biggrin.gif ! Well, where I am it's not too bad. The heat can be pretty uncomfortable (43C yesterday!), but it never usually goes below about 7C in Winter. Well, sometimes it goes to 3 or 4C, but not normally.

Yes, I have recovered! Hope everyone else had a good NYE.

And now, this topic is locked as promised. It'll be open again at the end of this year - 2006, woohoo!

Jasenko
  • Jasenko

“Resistance is futile”

• Members

Posted 17 December 2006 - 03:30 AM

Am I the only one around here aware of re-opening this topic? colgate.gif
Well anyway, let me be the first member to wish GTA:LC team merry christmas & happy new year!

If you ask me, GTA:LC is best TC ever made. Since you work for free a job like this, I think you deserve much more than XMAS forum post.

Best wishes,

Jasenko

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:53 PM

Well, considering I was the one who unlocked it, I guess not tounge.gif .

But yeah, thanks for the wish. I wasn't going to post in here for a few more days, but I might as well now. So, merry Christmas to all and a happy new year. Hopefully 2007 will see LC finished... /dreams

xmas.gif smile.gif

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 18 December 2006 - 02:13 AM

If, like me, you're really in the Christmas spirit and have stuck on the Christmas forum skin the first post sucks as you can't read the green lettering.

Anyway, you have continued to do an amazing job and I know I abandoned you, for which I am very sorry, but you seem to be coping without me tounge.gif . Seriously though you have all worked very hard, Ben and Craig and all the rest of you (sorry, I'm out of touch with anyone but them sad.gif ) so yeah have a great Christmas and an awesome new year and come back ready to spur on to the finish.

Also surprised you didn't post Ben when you unlocked it, or were you being a good boy and avoiding a double post? tounge.gif

PS Craig: MSN me at some point, I seem to recall saying I'd do something for you but I've entirely forgotten what, sorry sad.gif .

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 18 December 2006 - 03:42 PM

So, it's time again to celebrate the birth of Mithra. Let's decorate our little Yggdrasils and give each other Saturnalia presents. I just love these christian holidays biggrin.gif
I didn't really care about christmas since I was a kid, and I positively HATE this time of the year since I entered college, 'cause it means the exams are coming. So it's study, study and study some f*cking more for me. suicidal.gif

But, this also means that another year wraps up, and LC is still alive and kicking. So I'd like to take this opportunity to extensively congratulate myself (yeah... and the rest of the team, too biggrin.gif ) for our outstanding accomplishments with this biggest and best Vice City mod in existence. I also wish us, without fear of contradicting myself, that this were the last christmas when LC is in development.

Konstantinos wishes merry christmas to everyone who still gives a damn
colgate.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 18 December 2006 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (Y_Less @ Dec 18 2006, 13:13)
If, like me, you're really in the Christmas spirit and have stuck on the Christmas forum skin the first post sucks as you can't read the green lettering.

Nah - 2k4 skin (I think that's the name for the default one) FTW! tounge.gif

Anyway, you have continued to do an amazing job and I know I abandoned you, for which I am very sorry, but you seem to be coping without me tounge.gif .  Seriously though you have all worked very hard, Ben and Craig and all the rest of you (sorry, I'm out of touch with anyone but them sad.gif ) so yeah have a great Christmas and an awesome new year and come back ready to spur on to the finish.

Flattery goes part of the way towards making up for the abandonment. Still, you could redeem yourself completely and come back to finish the SCM tounge.gif .

Also surprised you didn't post Ben when you unlocked it, or were you being a good boy and avoiding a double post? tounge.gif

Me, good? Never tounge.gif .

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Dec 19 2006, 02:42)
So, it's time again to celebrate the birth of Mithra. Let's decorate our little Yggdrasils and give each other Saturnalia presents. I just love these christian holidays biggrin.gif
I didn't really care about christmas since I was a kid, and I positively HATE this time of the year since I entered college, 'cause it means the exams are coming. So it's study, study and study some f*cking more for me.  suicidal.gif

But, this also means that another year wraps up, and LC is still alive and kicking. So I'd like to take this opportunity to extensively congratulate myself (yeah... and the rest of the team, too biggrin.gif ) for our outstanding accomplishments with this biggest and best Vice City mod in existence. I also wish us, without fear of contradicting myself, that this were the last christmas when LC is in development.

Konstantinos wishes merry christmas to everyone who still gives a damn

colgate.gif

lmao lol.gif

--Cole--
  • --Cole--

stfu n00b lol

• Members

Posted 19 December 2006 - 04:41 PM

Hey, I posted in this topic last year! WTF!? v7 still isnt out yet? I gave up hope around march or so. Damn. Its been a year. Oh, and Merry Christmas.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (--Cole-- @ Dec 19 2006, 11:41)
Hey, I posted in this topic last year! WTF!? v7 still isnt out yet? I gave up hope around march or so. Damn. Its been a year. Oh, and Merry Christmas.

For the record, v 2.7 (or beta 2 v7) has been out since July 9. I just haven't done anything since then.

Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

I'm quite aware; my screen name SUCKS...

• Members

Posted 20 December 2006 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Dec 19 2006, 16:25)
QUOTE (--Cole-- @ Dec 19 2006, 11:41)
Hey, I posted in this topic last year!  WTF!? v7 still isnt out yet?  I gave up hope around march or so.  Damn.  Its been a year.  Oh, and Merry Christmas.

For the record, v 2.7 (or beta 2 v7) has been out since July 9. I just haven't done anything since then.

i think he ment the installer

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:51 PM Edited by Ben, 28 February 2007 - 09:55 PM.

You're probably right. I always tend to think of the most recent package as v7test because it doesn't have an installer (and also because we're constantly releasing updates for it).

There's a few things I'd still like to see done before v7 is officially released though (with an installer). It just depends on whether or not we can find the people to do them confused.gif .

But I'll see about getting into some development stuff after Christmas and New Year, and see if I can't convince Craig and hopefully some others to as well smile.gif .

(Late) EDIT - I'll lock this up til the Festive season rolls around again this year wink.gif .

Locked.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:08 PM

Wow, the Advent season went by real fast that time - I'm still not really in christmas mood but thankfully I got all my gifts in time! tounge.gif

Merry Christmas to all of you xmas.gif
and a
Happy New Year!

badjab
  • badjab

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Dec 23 2007, 23:08)
Wow, the Advent season went by real fast that time - I'm still not really in christmas mood but thankfully I got all my gifts in time! tounge.gif

Merry Christmas to all of you xmas.gif
and a
Happy New Year!

ditto

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 December 2007 - 06:49 PM

Happy Festivus to the LC team and everyone in the forum. As for New York wishes, I'd like to finish Jerry's apartment for LC:
http://i43.photobuck...5k/0ba9b888.png

Have to re-texture the whole thing, fix the lighting, re-place the furniture, re-do the kitchen, put in a bathroom, bedroom, windows, and of course, a 4th wall. biggrin.gif

JohnSmith177
  • JohnSmith177

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (Ben @ Dec 22 2005, 07:17)

Ben would like to wish everyone the best over Christmas and the New Year - hope Santa's good to you!

M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S ! xmas.gif
and
A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Merry Christmas to you too, And a happy New Year!!!!!!!!

What Is A Spoiler anyway? (I am being Sarcastic) Who is Jerry?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users