Photo

Return for a blog?

16 replies to this topic
njr1489
  • njr1489

MP5

• Members

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:10 AM

I think the blog should be used again. We were given so much info about the current status, I think it will do the mod good and keep us more patient. The team's work will not go unnoticed.

{DBC}Lance
  • {DBC}Lance

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 22 December 2005 - 06:08 AM

nah; some ppl will whine again when there hasn't been an update for a few days( or more).

Spooky
  • Spooky

Prince of the Yolkfolk

• Members

Posted 22 December 2005 - 12:37 PM

Can't imagine it coming back.

user posted image

(This is, of course, an immature prick hiding behind the nickname of the late, great modder, Odie. Just shows the character of some of the people that felt the need to post on the blog.)

Wheezle
  • Wheezle

rather odd bloke

• Members

Posted 22 December 2005 - 01:00 PM

Well MTA get the same thing on theirs. All those posts are always swamped by other people saying things like "THANKS FOR THE UPDATE" and "GOOD WORK GUYS" as well as various other suck-ups. It all evens out, really.

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

Dud dats not gas, dats a chikn.

• Members

Posted 22 December 2005 - 02:13 PM

Yeah, i dare say there's more suck-ups/appreciative here then whiners.

njr1489
  • njr1489

MP5

• Members

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (Mealing @ Dec 22 2005, 14:13)
Yeah, i dare say there's more suck-ups/appreciative here then whiners.

True, everyone here likes what they see since there is weapon sync.

QUOTE ("{DBC}Lance")
nah; some ppl will whine again when there hasn't been an update for a few days( or more).

Doesn't matter, the devs could just ignore the whiners, and post when there is something worthy of it.

QUOTE ("Spooky")
Can't imagine it coming back.

(This is, of course, an immature prick hiding behind the nickname of the late, great modder, Odie. Just shows the character of some of the people that felt the need to post on the blog.)

Ok you have a point there, unless you can get a blog where you have to register your name. Other than that, All those appreciation posts outnumber those flamers. There is always deleting posts too.

{DBC}Lance
  • {DBC}Lance

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 23 December 2005 - 06:19 AM

i don't know if you remember the blogpost about the direction change of sa-mp, but there were a lot of flameposts( and not many appreciation posts). that's why the blog was removed.

Kalegula
  • Kalegula

SA:MP for President

• Members

Posted 24 December 2005 - 11:50 AM

i think its a good idea.

everywhere on the world are idiots. but a blog would help to stop questions.

firstly you can werite in whats allready fixed, implented or featured. and secoundly you can write down some screenshots, movies, or whatever to give the users who can't wait till its realesed some stuff that they are quite =)

i have to say good work. im glad that you resurrected the project. because i wouldn't play with mta...... they work now same time on the multiplayer mod like you. and i think they will also release it same time. but they only have a race mod for first O.o

not very cool =/

bah but wayne, i get offtopic.

i would be happy if there would be a blog for SA:MP

njr1489
  • njr1489

MP5

• Members

Posted 24 December 2005 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE ({DBC}Lance @ Dec 23 2005, 06:19)
i don't know if you remember the blogpost about the direction change of sa-mp, but there were a lot of flameposts( and not many appreciation posts). that's why the blog was removed.

There will always be people that won't like a direction, or what the team are doing. So what? Ignore and delete. No one should worry about people who flame.

On that last video it showed everyone what they liked, sync. Whats not to like? And if I remember correctly when spookie took over, he said they will make a DM. It looks good to me. I don't think we'll see much complaints.

{DBC}Lance
  • {DBC}Lance

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 24 December 2005 - 09:49 PM

There will always be people that won't like a direction, or what the team are doing. So what? Ignore and delete. No one should worry about people who flame.

you say that nobody should worry about flaming, but the teammembers/admins have to delete all that crap. i've seen both the sa-mp and the mtasa blog, there will be a lot of spam.

Statico
  • Statico

Programmer

• Members

Posted 25 December 2005 - 01:35 AM

It is a good idea for those who will appreciate it, but having to go around deleting all the flame posts could be unecessary work for the team if they can just make a news post where you cannot post comments.

njr1489
  • njr1489

MP5

• Members

Posted 25 December 2005 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE (Statico @ Dec 25 2005, 01:35)
It is a good idea for those who will appreciate it, but having to go around deleting all the flame posts could be unecessary work for the team if they can just make a news post where you cannot post comments.

Even better. This should be kept in mind if they don't want to hear any comments.

Spooky
  • Spooky

Prince of the Yolkfolk

• Members

Posted 25 December 2005 - 03:38 PM

...or we could start adding news to this forum, as there's already a team of great mods and admins that'll delete the immature and abusive posts.

Talidan
  • Talidan

Taliban representative for the GTAF community

• Members

Posted 25 December 2005 - 07:40 PM

how about adding an abuse section to the forum, so all abuse is concentrated in one place, and not in the develepor blog biggrin.gif .

J-Fox.GEMM
  • J-Fox.GEMM

Ello...

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:32 PM

B4 they add the blog they should update their normal news page more often biggrin.gif

But when there is a blog there should be special moderators blocking mac address of guys posting unfair stuff - or just registered users can post something
Maybe it would be possible to link the devblog of gta-mp then with gtaf - like gtagarage and other network sites r doing inlove.gif

IPCONFIG
  • IPCONFIG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:39 PM Edited by IPCONFIG, 02 January 2006 - 11:06 PM.

I personally think that the devblog should be kept, because it tells people not only what progress is being made, but it also tells people awaiting the release of this mod that gta: mp is active and developing the multiplayer. because when no posts are made for a long time, it tells people that mabye the team has given up development or is not able to develop right now. for example, GTAT didn't do development for a very long time, this was because their head developer had just moved and had no internet access. so it is good to show people that work is being done, that way you can keep your followers. not updating your blog or simply not posting anything just causes you to lose people that want to try this mod (most of which will justjump ships over to mta). this will also result in people posting stuff in forums saying mta sucks and sa:mp rulz.

Personally, i think mta and gta mp both have potential and considering mta is making a race mod, and gta mp is making a deathmatch and rpg mod, i think that there is room for people using both mods. biggrin.gif

Shizz
  • Shizz

<3 SA:MP

• Members

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:07 PM

*bump* The blog's back up! At http://sa-mp.com/blog.php

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users