Photo

vice city stories?

9 replies to this topic
fastest boat
  • fastest boat

Downtown

• Members

Posted 12 December 2005 - 08:07 PM

wow.gif Just want to know the chances of a psp vice city?

TenaciousD.
  • TenaciousD.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 12 December 2005 - 08:42 PM

i read an artcile in OPS2M about a possible VCS so it's possible.

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 12 December 2005 - 08:45 PM

Well, I believe that another GTA for the PSP has been confirmed. No-one knows for sure where it will be set. Vice City seems just as likely, if not more so than any where else.

I don't think there are any facts, but if you want to know some people's opinions then check out one of these:
<City Name> Stories
Vice city stories!
Next gta on PSP
Topic for Grand Theft Auto PSP 2?
A quote about Vice City Stories?
Grand Theft Auto PSP 2
New GTA in the works for PSP
VC, SA, and III ported to PSP
if there was a second gta on psp
GTA: Vice City Stories?
GTA: Vice City Stories
Another gta 4 the PSP

EL BENSON
  • EL BENSON

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 December 2005 - 03:59 AM

i saw something about it on Wikipedia, so i trust them to know there stuff.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 12:40 PM

I'm going to guess no. First of all, the reasons why they made an LCS in the first place: people love Liberty City. Even after SA in all its splendor, there are those that still swear by GTA3 being the best. It was the first and you simply cannot replicate the feeling it was to bridge the 3rd dimension of the keystone of its genre. Also, for two years now, dedicated fans have toiled to transport GTA3 into Vice's engine to take advantage of its improvements. Which from my experience with playing GTA:LC, is a vast improvement in most ways. I've even heard rumors of those that would put it into SA's engine. Finally, LCS from what I've heard has turned out to be a bit of a disappointment.

They tried to play on Liberty City's popularity and were met with a less than thunderous result. Therefore I don't think they'll be trying to revisit the other cities of GTA. Nor should they. VC (sorry to all the VC-lovers here) was flat and relatively bland. It would be a poor business move to try and revisit it. Besides, wouldn't you rather a fresh game in a fresh city?

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 13 December 2005 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (EL BENSON @ Dec 13 2005, 03:59)
i saw something about it on Wikipedia, so i trust them to know there stuff.

Anyone can write stuff on there. I have.
I know I check my facts but you can't rely on everyone.

Pyrrhus
  • Pyrrhus

GTAF Commissioner

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Australia

Posted 13 December 2005 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Dec 13 2005, 20:40)
They tried to play on Liberty City's popularity and were met with a less than thunderous result. Therefore I don't think they'll be trying to revisit the other cities of GTA. Nor should they. VC (sorry to all the VC-lovers here) was flat and relatively bland. It would be a poor business move to try and revisit it.

If LCS and it's sequels were released for the PC, PS2 and Xbox then I'd agree with you about it being a bad business move. However, I don't think it's likely that they will be released for the PC, PS2 and Xbox as they're officially labelled as PSP exclusives by Rockstar Games themselves.

QUOTE (Demarest)
Besides, wouldn't you rather a fresh game in a fresh city?

In GTAIV, yes.

For the GTA games on PSP, I don't mind that they're basically mission packs as opposed to whole new games because they exist to expand upon the story of the GTAIII Trilogy (and they're portable).

Kippers
  • Kippers

皆さんこんにちは

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2005 - 07:19 PM Edited by kippers, 13 December 2005 - 07:23 PM.

i read in Januaries Games master (UK) (I'm supscriped) that there will be 2 new gta titles for psp. But that was under the rumour section.

I've just gotten onto the last mission in Vice City and in the starting cutscene he and sonny talk about him getting put in jail and the reason why, so i was thinking for the next psp title they could have Tommy V 15 years earlier in whatever city and the story would be leading up to his arrest. It was just a brief thought as i watched the cutscene though.

And and by the way i'm completely stuck on Keep your friends close... sad.gif

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 13 December 2005 - 09:23 PM

Demarest:
Besides, wouldn't you rather a fresh game in a fresh city

Rockstar stated that all new cities in the GTA franchise will only be on Next-gen.

So what is PSP classed as, next or this gen, if the latter they can only re-hash the old games, if the PSP is next-gen then we'll have a new city.

However, i beleive that PSP is current-gen, there fore the only new games coming out for the PSP are going to be re-hashes of previous cities. Due to San Andreas's size, i think it's safe to say it's either Vice City, or carcer city from GTA2, rehash in 3D?

Pyrrhus
  • Pyrrhus

GTAF Commissioner

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2005 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE (Rob_UK @ Dec 14 2005, 05:23)
However, i beleive that PSP is current-gen, there fore the only new games coming out for the PSP are going to be re-hashes of previous cities. Due to San Andreas's size, i think it's safe to say it's either Vice City, or carcer city from GTA2, rehash in 3D?

I agree. San Andreas will probably have to be split up into three games, one set in each city unless Sony make a new UMD that has a larger storage capacity.

FYI, GTA2 was set in an unnamed futuristic metropolis referred to as "Anywhere City" not Manhunt's Carcer City. I don't think that we'll see Anywhere City being the setting of a GTA game on the PSP because remaking it in 3D would make it seem like a brand new city and not a rehash.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users