Photo

V2 Gamesaves...Do they exist?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic
MastaCheefa
  • MastaCheefa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2005 - 06:25 PM Edited by MastaCheefa, 12 December 2005 - 06:32 PM.

So I was about half way through the game when my hard drive found it convenient to crash. I lost everything including my gta:sa game saves. I went to look for some downloadable game saves but all I can find is V1. Im now starting to realize V2 is a piece of sh*t(no modding...wtf...50 bucks down the drain suicidal.gif ) and so Im downloading V1, as I feel I'm entitled too. But in the meantime, does anyone have V2 gamesaves that I could use? Im kinda thinking they may not be possible, due to the utter lack of v2 gamesaves on the internet.

But if anyone has a save roughly around the time of the house party, or just before you can get out of los santos, I would love you forever. biggrin.gif

MastaCheefa
  • MastaCheefa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2005 - 06:36 PM Edited by MastaCheefa, 12 December 2005 - 06:47 PM.

Do'h! I need to smack myself in the head! blush.gif Just realized the sticky at the top has ALL of the version1 and 2 gamesaves. Iv'e been looking for these for about a week now and assumed they were not posted anywhere. Thank you GTAForums! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

EDIT:Wait a sec...The version2 gamesaves are acting the same as if I installed a version 1 gamesave... cryani.gif It simply takes me back to the beginning. Omg...help!

Mr Killer
  • Mr Killer

Upside-down circle

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2005 - 09:42 PM

Are you sure that the gamesaves even had anymore missions completed? It might even be the wrong version that you are getting the gamesaves for.

MastaCheefa
  • MastaCheefa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2005 - 10:33 PM

Well, I tried 3 of them, all from the middle of the game, and got the same result with all. And I tripple checked to make sure they were from the V2 list and not V1. So Im not sure whats wrong.

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 12 December 2005 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (MastaCheefa @ Dec 12 2005, 17:33)
Well, I tried 3 of them, all from the middle of the game, and got the same result with all. And I tripple checked to make sure they were from the V2 list and not V1. So Im not sure whats wrong.

I believe the v2 saves in the pinned topic were made via a workaround (using the v2 scripts with a v1 exe.) Because they aren't "true" v2 saves, they work for some people, but not for others. You are apparently an "other." sad.gif

ajkhan316`
  • ajkhan316`

CSMY : Saiko Komon

• Members

Posted 13 December 2005 - 01:59 AM

I believe the v2 saves in the pinned topic were made via a workaround (using the v2 scripts with a v1 exe.)

Quite correct. When it was first tested, it worked for 2 guys with v2 game but now several people seems to have had the same problem where the game goes back to the beginning. I guess you have to wait till someone with a v2 game decides to make save games like mikeswi's.
- FiJiAn 4 LiFe

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 13 December 2005 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (ajkhan316` @ Dec 12 2005, 20:59)
I believe the v2 saves in the pinned topic were made via a workaround (using the v2 scripts with a v1 exe.)

Quite correct. When it was first tested, it worked for 2 guys with v2 game but now several people seems to have had the same problem where the game goes back to the beginning. I guess you have to wait till someone with a v2 game decides to make save games like mikeswi's.
- FiJiAn 4 LiFe

AJ, do we know any of the details on who it works for and who it doesn't? I assume there aren't any additional patches so all the second edition games are 2.0, but what about regional differences. Are there different versions for the US, UK, etc and could this be the compatibility issue?

ajkhan316`
  • ajkhan316`

• Members

Posted 13 December 2005 - 02:51 AM

I don't think regions would make any difference like it doesn't for v1 game except when it came to the patch. but I am not absolutely sure about that.

After the v2 game was released, a lot of questions popped up, mainly the game being unmoddable and save games from v1 not working.

Now I always thought mikeswi's v2 saves should work but reading back on this topic I realised that it was never actually tested if v2 saves done with v1 exe and v2 scripts would actually work on a v2 game confused.gif . As v2 saves loaded fine on a v1 game with v2 scripts, it was always assumed that it should work. mikeswi's also consulted to that topic before making the saves.
- FiJiAn 4 LiFe

MastaCheefa
  • MastaCheefa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:38 PM

Shouldnt a V2 savefile taken directly from someones gta save folder work for anyone with a V2 game? What are you guys talking about when you say V2 scripts and V1 exe? Is this something that is required to make a V2 savefile work?

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 13 December 2005 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (MastaCheefa @ Dec 13 2005, 11:38)
Shouldnt a V2 savefile taken directly from someones gta save folder work for anyone with a V2 game?

Yes. That will work. However...

What are you guys talking about when you say V2 scripts and V1 exe?  Is this something that is required to make a V2 savefile work?

The problem is that most, if not all, of the helpers in the Save N Play area own v1 of the game. The same goes for mikeswi who contributed all those save files. Since none of those people are going to go buy a second copy of the game simply to help v2 people, wolf68k suggested the script-switching workaround. Unfortunately, after some encouraging initial results, it looks like that idea is ultimately a failure.

MastaCheefa, would you mind running a test or two? I have some crazy ideas that I'd like to try with the save files but I need someone with v2 to be the guinea pig. smile.gif If you wouldn't mind experimenting a bit, I'd need one of your save files; even one from Big Smoke will do. I'd like to run a comparison on that file and one of mikeswi's pseudo-v2 files and try a couple of things....

MastaCheefa
  • MastaCheefa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2005 - 05:07 AM

I think this problem will have to addressed sooner or later. GTA never stops selling and V2 is all there is left. So if the problem is not a complication with software and merely a pure lack of V2 save files, I would be more than happy to contribute. biggrin.gif

Here ya go: http://www.savefile.com/files/2256107

This is the mission Drive-bys I believe. Its pretty early in the game but hopefully will suffice.

mikeswi
  • mikeswi

Insert Funny Title Here

• Members

Posted 14 December 2005 - 03:41 PM

This is so freakin stupid. That was a lot of work to make those save files.

Play mission
Find save point
ALT TAB
Zip
Record the zip number
Upload
Repeat ad nauseum

Rockstar oughta be shot for releasing two incompatible versions of the same game.

Plaka
  • Plaka

King Of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 14 December 2005 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (mikeswi @ Dec 14 2005, 17:41)

Play mission
Find save point
ALT TAB
Zip
Record the zip number
Upload
Repeat ad nauseum

Rockstar oughta be shot for releasing two incompatible versions of the same game.

I hear your pain man ... wink.gif

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (MastaCheefa @ Dec 14 2005, 00:07)
I think this problem will have to addressed sooner or later. GTA never stops selling and V2 is all there is left. So if the problem is not a complication with software and merely a pure lack of V2 save files, I would be more than happy to contribute. biggrin.gif

Here ya go: http://www.savefile.com/files/2256107

This is the mission Drive-bys I believe. Its pretty early in the game but hopefully will suffice.

Thanks for the save; it should be enough for me to play around with. If the experiment goes badly I might need another one later, but I doubt it.

Anyhow. here's the first test. Download this save file and see if your game can load it. It's mikeswi's pseudo-v2 End of the Line save with a small change. Cross your fingers and let me know how it goes...

MastaCheefa
  • MastaCheefa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:29 AM

Game Save Corrupted is what it says under the mission name.

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:37 AM

Darn. Okay, I'll have another try then after I do a bit more digging...

ajkhan316`
  • ajkhan316`

• Members

Posted 15 December 2005 - 02:13 AM

Play mission
Find save point
ALT TAB
Zip
Record the zip number
Upload
Repeat ad nauseum

You better remove version 2 save games for now or you will get more complaints on how they don't work on version 2.

Hopefully you find out a way to work it unlike us. It would really help us out at Mission Help.
- FiJiAn 4 LiFe

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 15 December 2005 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (ajkhan316` @ Dec 14 2005, 21:13)
[snipped by PD]

You better remove version 2 save games for now or you will get more complaints on how they don't work on version 2.

For now, I'd just put a warning up that they are unreliable. If my experiments pan out, they'd become usable.

QUOTE (ajkhan316` @ Dec 14 2005, 21:13)

Hopefully you find out a way to work it unlike us. It would really help us out at Mission Help.
- FiJiAn 4 LiFe

Well, my goal is to not waste everybody's hard work but instead find a way of convincing version 2 games to use mike's pseudo-v2 saves. If it pans out, it would also allow SnP with the script workaround, but it's a long shot.

@MastaCheefa: Sorry about the first experiment; I forgot about the checksum. blush.gif
Please try this one: http://bluehydraro.h...d70be0c9d3459b4

MastaCheefa
  • MastaCheefa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:21 AM

Wow!!! Very nicely done! wow.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Worked absolutely perfect. biggrin.gif My hat goes off to ya.

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE (MastaCheefa @ Dec 15 2005, 00:21)
Wow!!! Very nicely done! wow.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Worked absolutely perfect. biggrin.gif My hat goes off to ya.

Sweet! I'll code up a little conversion program then for mikeswi to run on his v2 files and for helpers to use in SnP before uploading the completed save.

For the technically inclined, what I did was to change the version identifier inside the save file (and the checksum to match the new ID.) I suspected that v2 might be more picky about that ID than v1 is and that looks to be the problem.

Phockz
  • Phockz

100% Aussie Pride

• Members

Posted 15 December 2005 - 07:31 AM

Excellent! THE 'OTHERS' CAN FINALLY ADVANCE!!! tounge.gif

nice going escobar

mikeswi
  • mikeswi

Insert Funny Title Here

• Members

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:51 PM

Cool. Let me know when that's ready and send me a PM.

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 15 December 2005 - 11:28 PM

OK, I PMed the link to mikeswi. I suggested he convert a handful of his v2 files and then we'll have MastaCheefa or another helpful v2 person test them. If that works as well, mike can convert them all and I'll release the program for general SnP use.

mikeswi
  • mikeswi

Insert Funny Title Here

• Members

Posted 16 December 2005 - 01:24 AM

Ok, give these files a try and see if they work with version 2

http://www.mikeheala...saves/1test.zip
http://www.mikeheala...aves/30test.zip
http://www.mikeheala...aves/60test.zip
http://www.mikeheala...aves/90test.zip

ajkhan316`
  • ajkhan316`

• Members

Posted 16 December 2005 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (pdescobar @ Dec 16 2005, 08:28)
OK, I PMed the link to mikeswi. I suggested he convert a handful of his v2 files and then we'll have MastaCheefa or another helpful v2 person test them. If that works as well, mike can convert them all and I'll release the program for general SnP use.

pdescobar, could you PM me the link too? I got a guy in Mission Help asking for help on a version 2 game and I could test out if your method works for real or not.
- FiJiAn 4 LiFe

MastaCheefa
  • MastaCheefa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (mikeswi @ Dec 16 2005, 01:24)

All 4 worked flawlessly. biggrin.gif Did you create a save place for some of those? Like the third one you start out UNDER the map in the water.

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (MastaCheefa @ Dec 16 2005, 17:19)
QUOTE (mikeswi @ Dec 16 2005, 01:24)

All 4 worked flawlessly. biggrin.gif Did you create a save place for some of those? Like the third one you start out UNDER the map in the water.

notify.gif You start out under the map? I don't know if I'd call that "flawless" but since they are all loading and playable it's certainly an improvement so I think mike can go ahead and convert them all. Thanks for testing MastaCheefa.

MastaCheefa
  • MastaCheefa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2005 - 12:03 AM

I should of explained that better. There is a "savedisk icon" on the radar/map thingy where you start out. I thought someone might of added that somehow. But yea it does appear to be under the map and in the water. Kinda weird.

ajkhan316`
  • ajkhan316`

• Members

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (MastaCheefa @ Dec 17 2005, 09:03)
I should of explained that better. There is a "savedisk icon" on the radar/map thingy where you start out. I thought someone might of added that somehow. But yea it does appear to be under the map and in the water. Kinda weird.

Yeah that sometimes happens to me too. It is when the surroundings don't load properly and takes sometime, it looks like CJ is standing on water only.

Anyways, good to hear that all the save are finally compatible with v2 games.
- FiJiAn 4 LiFe

mikeswi
  • mikeswi

Insert Funny Title Here

• Members

Posted 17 December 2005 - 06:02 AM

huh? confused.gif

underwater? wtf?

errr.... do the savefiles work or not in version 2 copies? If they do, I'll convert the save files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users