Quantcast

» «
Photo

[GUIDE] Make GTA San Andreas very very realistic..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic
Kiwisdofly
  • Kiwisdofly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:41 AM Edited by Kiwisdofly, 09 December 2005 - 04:45 AM.

I've wanted to write this guide for a long time, but couldn't be arsed to fool around with Fraps and make the necessary movies. Any way, here it is. In all it's glory.

DISCLAIMER: I did NOT write the programs that are used in this guide.

WARNING: The programs used in this guide are not compatible with SA version 1.1. They only work on the original. The author is currently working to make these programs compatible with 1.1.

Section 1
What you will need.

First of all, a computer that can run San Andreas on Medium setting is recommended. I heard people say that the external programs required here do use up some extra CPU power, so the better your computer is, the smoother everything will run. Basically, if you can run the game on the highest possible setting, and highest resolution - you'll be fine. Don't take my word for it, because I've never tried playing using this method on a slower machine.

To make the make the most out of this guide and games in general, you will need to get yourself a steering wheel with pedals. This is optional, and the only thing you have to spend money for in this guide. They are very cheap nowadays, and I am currently using a simple 90 degree steering wheel that I bought at my local EB Games for about $100 NZD (~$80 USD) and it works absolutely fine.

Programs that you will need:

SA CamHack 1.2 - SA Camera Hack that basically frees the game's camera and allows you to have first-person views, play around with FOV, adds speedometer, tachometer, etc.

SA Analog Controller 1.2 (?) - I'm not sure what the name is, but it's abbreviated as SAAC. It allows for Axis mapping, force feedback support, keyboard mapping and much more. Basically, you can assign any function to any key, axis, etc. It also fixes the idiotic Steering Wheel support that RockStar included with the game.

TimeSync Tool 1.1 - This program allows you to play GTA San Andreas in real time. The in-game clock is syncronized with your system clock. It also keeps the weather change rate to reflect real-time (otherwise the weather changes every 30 seconds). You can also adjust time-zones.

user posted image

All three programs together

Section 2
How to Set Up.

First of all, after you install everything, create and arrange shortcuts in an easy to use manner like this:

user posted image

Basically, every time you wish to play San Andreas, you'll have to launch all three programs.

SA Camera Hack

user posted image
Main Screen
Leave the update rate as it is. Don't mess with it.

user posted image
Control Screen

Here, leave the actual control settings as they are. The only thing you need to do here is to move the marked sliders to "0.22" - the optimal speed setting. Originally, the value says "22", but it's a bug and you have to move the sliders until they say "0.022" and "0.22" for the bottom one. Basically, exactly like it is in the screenshot above.

user posted image
Display Options
Here it is vital that you tick the marked option. The others are optional. With the new version, the window above looks a little different. I just can't be arsed to change it.

There is just one last thing you have to do:
user posted image

Open Task Manager, right click on saCamHack.exe and set priority to HIGH.

NOTE: You will have to do the above every time you launch the CamHack.

Thats all for Camera Hack.

SAAC 1.2

user posted image

This is quite complicated and took me about three days to set up. HOWEVER, I was a total newb and didn't have someone helpful to help you out (like you have now.)

Basically, all settings are to your taste. The only thing is, on the above picture, take a look at the axis settings. These are optimal and fix the braking/accelerating problem.

Here are my presets which have all the key bindings that will help save you days trying to get this thing to work.
Just unrar, and place the preset.ini file in the same directory in which you installed SAAC.

Don't hesitate to ask me if you need any help on this one.

TimeSync Tool 1.1

user posted image

The easiest to configure. I've marked areas that need to be switched on.
NOTE: First, leave the "Slower Weather" ticked when you turn on the game. After you load your save game, alt-tab and switch it to "Freeze Weather".

"Slower Weather" makes the weather twitch sometimes if you leave it on.

BIG NOTE: MAKE SURE ALL THREE PROGRAMS ARE RUNNING WHEN YOU RUN THE GAME.

Section 3
How to use.

Controls for SA CamHack:
Provided you didn't change the key assignments
Only basic, vital controls are listed.

Enable - Numpad *
Disable - Numpad /
Camera Up - Numpad 8
Camera Down - Numpad 2
Camera Left - Numpad 4
Camera Right - Numpad 6
Camera Forward - Numpad +
Camera Backward - Numpad -
Mouse Modifier - Numpad 0
(free look with mouse)
Reset FOV and PA - P
Toggle Player Visibility - END

If you want more, look in the control config. I can't be bothered. Really.

SAAC 1.2
I can't be bothered, just look on the main screen. They are pretty close to the originals anyway, so you shouldn't have a problem.

TimeSync Tool 1.2
No in-game controls.

Section 4
Results.

I've made three movies and several screenshots. Here they are, listed below.

user posted image

user posted image

Movies:
Movies are about ~15mb each. Sorry, but I'm not good at this whole movie making thing.

Movie 1

Movie 2

Movie 3

Movie 4

NOTE: The movies are at a very slow framerate, mainly because Fraps is a bitch and hogs all the memory. In reality, the game works at ~30 FPS.

Section 5
Why am I doing this? And any general tips, mister?

It's cool. It adds a whole new perspective to the game. No longer do you go through cars like socks, and it feels good to trick out a car, and go cruising around the city, listening to the radio and stuff. It's just good. It's pleasant. It's different. Plus you get a lot more immersion and you can do a lot more stuff.

By the way, it is possible to drive like a normal person - following traffic rules and stuff. There are certain extra rules and precautions you have to make, but it's a lot more painless than you think.

1) Never follow the car ahead of you too closely. They tend to stop very quickly.

2) When going straight at an intersection, make sure you either speed off very fast the second the light turns green, or let the cars on the opposite that are turning left go first.

3) Never stop on a steep slope, especially those found in San Fierro. The cars behind you will most definately hit you in the rear.

4) Try to avoid sudden stops. Your rear bumper will thank you.

Thats all. I'll add more later...probably.

RANDOM TIP: Motorcycles suck in first-person view. Just disable the CamHack when you get on them (Numpad /). It shouldn't inconvenience you as the whole process of disabling/enabling CamHack takes less than a second.

Section 6
Known Problems

Only a few.

1. When you turn on the CamHack for the first time in-game, your screen can go weird. Don't panic, just press "P" and it will restore the view.

2. When you have CamHack on, you are sitting in an aircraft, you have external view on, and you are in a hanger, the screen will go wild. Don't worry, just disable CamHack by pressing "Numpad /".

3. The windshield (or any glass on a vehicle, for that matter) is very bad for seeing through. Thats why you must shoot it off during daytime (see Movie 1). Not only does it make it dark to see through it, but you don't see effects like Traffic lights, water (if you are on the actual water), lights, etc. At night and during rain, the windshield dissapears by itself and so doesn't present a problem.

4. Sometimes the player model gets in your way while you are in a vehicle (see the movies above). If it bothers you, just press END and you disable the player model totally. Press END again for it to re-appear.

5. Sometimes the sky and everything flashes a bit. Don't know why it happens, and it doesn't bother me anyway.

6. When you are in first-person and sitting in an aircraft, the yaw controls also affect your vision, so when you press E, you will look left while simultaniously the aircraft will yaw to the right. It doesn't really bother me, and I've been too lazy to find a workaround (I'm pretty sure there is one).

Thats it for the problems, folks.

==============================================
Conclusion

I really hope you enjoyed this guide, folks.

Also, if this doesn't do anything for you and you don't like it - fine, just don't bug me about it.

Thanks

A Big thank you to Racer S, Qjimbo and my cat Bundi.

FAKE EDIT: Darn it, there is a limit on images. I'll try and post more later.

Concept.
  • Concept.

Cara Cicatriz

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:52 AM

Great job with the guide, it obviously took a while to make.

What's with the KeyLogger.exe running in the backround though?

lloyd
  • lloyd

i'm gay

• Members

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:59 AM

oooooooooooooooh it'd be funny if he dident know about that!!!! ha ha ha HACKED!!!

nice guide and stuff tho!

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:00 AM

This is an intriguing idea. When I get around to buying a new PC, I may give it a try. I have a question though regarding your setup for CamHack:

QUOTE (Kiwisdofly @ Dec 7 2005, 20:41)
user posted image
Control Screen

Here, leave the actual control settings as they are. The only thing you need to do here is to move the marked sliders to "0.22" - the optimal speed setting. Originally, the value says "22", but it's a bug and you have to move the sliders until they say "0.22".

The text says to move all the sliders to 0.22. However, on that image, the sensitivity is 0.22, but you have the Camera Speeds set at 0.022 (i.e. 1/10th the sensitivity; note the extra zero after the decimal point). Is this an error on the image or is it supposed to be that value?

Kiwisdofly
  • Kiwisdofly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:05 AM

Thank you.

I have a key logger running every time I type something. It helps because if the system suddenly crashes, I atleast have a copy of whatever I've written. I started using it since I've lost a 24 page film script I've been working on. Scarred me for life, it did.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

EDIT: It's supposed to be as it is in the image. Sorry, I just remember that all values should have a 22 at the end. I do it automatically.

Simon.
  • Simon.

Gangsta

• The Connection

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:57 AM

Excellent work here. I'm definitely going to try this when later on, this guide must've taken a very long time and I must thank you for taking the time and effort to make smile.gif .

Kiwisdofly
  • Kiwisdofly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2005 - 04:50 AM

There is a new version of SA CamHack.

The new version has nifty new features like in-car camera physics and stuff. Plus it's compatible with 1.01 BUT, unless you won't use SAAC, DO NOT UPDATE TO 1.01 YET. Wait until Racer S releases an updated version of SAAC as well.

b0n3sd0tc0m
  • b0n3sd0tc0m

wh0 7h3 f*ck c4r35

• Members

Posted 18 December 2005 - 11:09 AM

would it be possible to only use the cam hack thing
im not interested it the analogue and the realtime thing but want that cam hack only

is it possible?

just curious

!!!love peace and chicken grease!!!

Mike_Toreno
  • Mike_Toreno

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2005 - 11:24 AM

Excellent work here, when I get to play my new PC on Christmas Day (My Present) I'll be sure to check back here and see what I can do. Well done.

Bookmarked. smile.gif

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 25 December 2005 - 06:16 PM

Well done, this will come in handy if i get pc version.

QJimbo
  • QJimbo

With DMA/R* from the beginning :)

• Members

Posted 29 December 2005 - 10:22 PM Edited by QJimbo, 31 December 2005 - 07:57 PM.

Haha nice tutorial smile.gif I'm glad to be a part of it xD
5. Sometimes the sky and everything flashes a bit. Don't know why it happens, and it doesn't bother me anyway.

Yeah thats TimeSync tools fault, I'm pretty certain I've fixed this issue in the current build of TimeSync tool (I've also added GTA:SA 1.01 support!). I'll try and get that released/finished ASAP.

EDIT: http://www.gtaforums...T&f=58&t=228406 <- Released it smile.gif

KBmodding
  • KBmodding

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:13 PM

I now its an old topic, but dos somebody still got the steering wheel mod for me? I would realy like to have it.

Drift-Kingz
  • Drift-Kingz

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:14 AM

Time Sync Tool made my game crash orly.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (KBmodding @ Jun 8 2010, 17:13)
I now its an old topic, but dos somebody still got the steering wheel mod for me? I would realy like to have it.

GOOGLE 'GTA steering wheel mod'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users