Photo

N.O.E. Mission Guide

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic
YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:43 AM Edited by YeTi, 07 December 2005 - 05:51 AM.

YeTi's Guide For The Mission N.O.E.

Introduction

I wrote this guide for the same reason as my Freefall and Vertical Bird Guides i was sick of seeing N.O.E. SnP's. It is one of the missions people always have trouble with for some reason. So i have wrote this guide hopefully you will read it and use the information contained within it to complete this mission yourself rather than asking someone else to do it for you.

The Guide

Obviously you need to load up your game so do it. I find it's easier if you have saved at the abandoned air strip which you bought earlier in the game. When your game has loaded the mission marker is a little bit down the runway so go to it. There will be a cut scene play explaining what you need to do in the mission. You will start the mission like this.

user posted image

Do you see those little packages underneath the aeroplane? I've circled them, they are the packages that you need to deliver to Mike's agents. So obviously with them being strapped to the bottom of the plane you need to use the plane to deliver them so jump into it and pull out of the hanger take it steady and line yourself up with the runway. While you are lining yourself up Mike is talking in the background explaining some information to you i suggest you listen to him.

user posted image

That shows you the direction to head when you take off it will lead you straight out to sea, which i have found to be the easiest route. So when Mike has finished talking take off, raise the landing gear and head in the direction i showed you.

user posted image

Like that keep flying in that direction and you will come to the sea eventually.

user posted image

Here it involves a little concentration to avoid the radar but not to crash. Watch and as soon as you can dive do it but be controlled you need to get low so you avoid the radar and you also need to turn so you head in the right direction. I can't really explain an easy way of doing this but i can give you a tip don't hold down the flight controls only tap the buttons it gives you more control over the planes and allows you to make sudden changes in direction. Anyway essentially you need to "hug" the coast for alot of your journey.

Right now i will explain to you the reason why this mission becomes a little more difficult you may have hear Mike talking about a radar this is why it is hard the radar will detect your plane if it reaches a certain height, Jets will be dispatched to check it out and they are a little trigger happy. So obviously it would be in your best interests to avoid this radar height limit. Unfortuantely for us the plane will rise in height during flight just making our job a little more difficult. So we have to keep lowering the plan we can do this by tapping the button that will lower your nose (for PC it is the down button), the crucial word being tap for reasons i explained earlier. But you will need to avoid the sea aswell you can do this by tapping the button that will raise your nose (for PC it is the up button), you need to use a combination of these buttons to keep you below the radar and above the sea.

But eventaully you will go above the radar but don't worry you are allowed a few seconds above before the jets are dispatched. The planes will start to beep and the message "Above radar limit" will be placed on screen. This is were you need to go down again using the careful method i explained earlier. Just incase you don't get down in time a jet will be dispatched and as i said earlier it is trigger happy.

user posted image

In that screenshot i went deliberately above the radar limit to show you what happens. A message will pop up telling you that you have been spotted and to get below the radar i suggest doing this. If you are below the radar the jet doesn't fire at you because he can't see you. Eventually if you are under the radar the little bar that displays your visability will go down and you will be safe again. The jet will pop up as a red marker on your mini map.

Now i've explained that i will carry on with the guide. Carry on flying with the coast on the left of you but eventually you need to turn with the coast.

user posted image

Like in that screenshot the coast will turn which means the end of the land so unless you feel like a big plane journey out into the vast ocean i suggest you turn with it. I find it's easier if you use the rudder to turn rather than banking. With banking you need to level the plane out again after but with rudder the plane stays level. Eventually when you have turned enough the coast will be on your left side again so carry on flying but now there is a little obstacle.

user posted image

Ship masts if you fly to low you will hit one which is extremely bad for the plane and the mission. So to avoid this we need to fly a little further out to sea. Oh and for the reference i know that screenshot has got the coast on the right hand side i took it on th return journey.

Carry on flying and eventually Chilliad Mountain will come into view it is now you need to ready yourself for the drop. After the mountain has passed you need to turn a little carry on hugging the coast and line yourself up like in this screenshot.

user posted image

You are on a direct course for the drop site. Carry on flying and eventually a huge corona will come into sight.

user posted image

Like that, to trigger the drop you need to fly into the corona. But while flying into the corona you also need to avoid the radar and other obstacles that you now face trees for example. Here there isn't really any particular way of flying through the corona it's really down to luck and a little skill. It's easier if you tap the flight controls and line yourself up good. It doesn't matter if you miss you can easily line yourself up for another run just focus on not hitting any objects. It is likely you will go above the radar limit here but just try your best to get below it when it's safe too.

user posted image

When you do eventually fly through the corona it will display the message saying fly back to the airfield so go ahead go back out to sea and head back for the airfield. Carry on with the coast on your right hand side and eventually you will hit the corner again.

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:44 AM

user posted image

Just use the rudder controls like before and you should be fine. Now carry on flying down here with the coast on your right hand side. Now keep checking your map because you need to land on the airstrip.

user posted image

When your map looks something like that pull up to avoid hitting the cliffs and head inland. Eventually you will come to your airstrip.

user posted image

Like that and it will display a message to bring the plane to a stop on the runway so do it. Lower your landing gear slow the plane down and land on the runway. Then carfully go into the marker that has appeared in the middle of the runway.

user posted image

This will then tell you mission passed.

user posted image

Congratulations if you have followed my guide correctly you will have completed the mission N.O.E. and earned yourself $15,000.

Now for reference i have marked out the route on a map.

user posted image

It is thumbnailed because it is big so be warned. The route in marked out in yellow with the corona as a red circle.

Thats it for this guide i know there is likely spelling and grammer mistakes, i've admitted it so please no flaming.

YeTi

ajkhan316`
  • ajkhan316`

CSMY : Saiko Komon

• Members

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:01 AM

This is what i was talking about. Nice job YeTi. Although most people prefer the faster route but with more obstacle, I think this one will really help those who aren't that good at flying. Even Plaka's video is the one with the harder route.

PS : I think you took quite a banging while coming in for the landing tounge.gif
- FiJiAn 4 LiFe

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (ajkhan316` @ Dec 7 2005, 06:01)
PS : I think you took quite a banging while coming in for the landing tounge.gif

Yeah i landed on my nose to begin with but i was sick of restarting the mission so i decidd those screenshots would be ok there isn't any particuarly important information in them.

Thanks i decided this route would be easier for novice pilots.

Simon.
  • Simon.

Gangsta

• The Connection

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:12 AM

I like it, I like it a lot. Clearly explained, pictures, maps and easy to understand icon14.gif . Good Work.

ajkhan316`
  • ajkhan316`

CSMY : Saiko Komon

• Members

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:14 AM

I didn't know they can't shoot you if you were under the radar. The few times that I have been caught above the radar long enough for the hydras to come after me, I have ended up being shot down. Well i guess you learn a new thing everyday smile.gif
- FiJiAn 4 LiFe

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:20 AM

I didn't know about it till today i flew above he radar to see what happens and it was either the message or Mike told me what happens.

@simoncampbell thanks man.

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:57 PM

nice one yeti. that guide is awsome. i wish this guide had came 6 month ago when i was stuck on that mission. lol

grove_street_og
  • grove_street_og

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 December 2005 - 07:59 PM

I have found that first person view is really good for getting low enough but not too low. Also, I have found that you can be above the radar for a lot longer than you might think without actually getting shot down. If you swerve the plane around a lot, the missiles tend to miss. I think sort of turning into the missile helps it miss. I have attempted the mission flying above the radar the entire time, swerving around when the Hydras shot at me and taking a total of one or two hits and still being able to fly OK. I got all the way to the drop and made the drop, but wound up crashing into the ground due to poor flying on my part. I don't think I would have made it back without going back under the radar, and might well not have made it back at all, but I think if you start to get tired and want to fly higher so you can take a bit of a rest, you may well be able to fly high, have the jets come, and then go back low for a while and keep alternating all the way to the drop and back. I'm going to keep attempting to fly the whole mission above the radar limit.

In any case, don't worry about going above the limit to make the drop. It's better than crashing into a tree, and you have plenty of time to get back down. The Hydras have to be alerted, show up, lock onto you, fire, and then the missile actually has to hit. You have quite a bit of time to get back below the radar to avoid that. Also, don't worry about popping up to get over that ridge to go back to your airstrip. Even if the Hydras show up, you're so close to landing you can just go ahead and land.

I have also attempted to fight the Hydras using the Rancher's machine guns. I wasn't successful, and don't think I hit the Hydras even one time, but I survived for a long time doing that. The ground is a much more deadly opponent than the Hydras.

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 December 2005 - 05:11 PM Edited by YeTi, 08 December 2005 - 05:12 PM.

Yes it is possible to complete the mission constantly above the radar limit but because you need to make constant sharp movements i haven't mentioned it in the guide as i designed the guide for novice pilots who will find making sharp movements difficult.

Thanks baptiste.

grove_street_og
  • grove_street_og

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 December 2005 - 06:35 PM

Oh, I certainly don't advocate flying above the radar limit the whole way. I wrecked the plane when I tried it. And I don't mean to suggest that the method in your guide isn't the best method; I think it is. I basically did the mission just like you advocate when I first did it. I was just suggesting that people not get too spooked about flying above the radar limit for brief periods if they get fatigued from flying so low all the time, even if they happened to get spotted. It's better not to get spotted, but it doesn't mean instant death.

But your guide recounts, I would say, THE best way to pass the mission.

elias666
  • elias666

The f*ck Up

• Members

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:07 PM

Just reading through ur gides in ur sig area hehe

I like this guide -

Best thing any 1 can do to make the mission easyer is to take out the spitfire plane and fly it around a bit - try keeping it low and going through the city areas inbetween the buildings.

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (elias666 @ Jan 22 2006, 16:07)
Best thing any 1 can do to make the mission easyer is to take out the spitfire plane and fly it around a bit - try keeping it low and going through the city areas inbetween the buildings.

But for alot of novice pilots who are likely to have problems with this mission that will be very complicated.

Thanks BTW.

12Gauge
  • 12Gauge

Pwned Joo Ass With Gauge

• Members

Posted 11 March 2006 - 11:02 PM

i dont like san andreas but i have to say

Good Tutorial Yeti once again. you done it blink.gif suicidal.gif biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users