Says:

CRC failed in GTA-SOLPubBeta42v5\models\gta3.img
Unexpected end of archive

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:25 PM Edited by Mc-Kay, 08 March 2006 - 09:35 PM.

Note: Some people say that they do not read the readme files (How to install) that comes with most mods, Well if you are one of those people then your not going to beable to install the mod, You be wasting your time downloading this mod, if you don't follow the instructions on how to unpack the mod. (This means reading the README_Installdoc) aswell.

All these files are on GTAGarage.

How to unpack: There are 4 file parts to this mod that have to be unpacked in a same folder together. (Once you have all the parts)

You will notice that the first file has been zipped twice.

This is because GTAGarage does not allow for EXE's to be uploaded, So I have had to zip the EXE that is in the first GTA-SOLBeta42v5.part00.rar file.

Unpack this file on it's own first before you download anything else!!!!

This will give you the GTA-SOLBeta42v5.part01.exe, the header file needed to unpack the rest of the mod.

Once you have done the above, continue to download the rest of the files.

Part 2: GTA-SOLBeta42v5.part02.rar
Part 3: GTA-SOLBeta42v5.part03.rar
Part 4: GTA-SOLBeta42v5.part04.rar

When you have all the files together in a folder (It does not matter what folder),
click on GTA-SOLBeta42v5.part01.exe to unpack the mod.

If you have any problems installing the mod, Please follow the readme file that is in the mod
folder and can also be downloaded from GTAG.

Once you have installed the mod and it's running, I mean you have played it once or twice,
then grab the update file and replace the existing maps folder with the new updated map folder.

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:35 PM

Yees, I download firts the 00, and last the other, but says it when says ''locate the ...part3'' I downlad the parts some times and = confused.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:52 PM

So you downloaded the first file, and unpacked it first

Then you should get the other 3 files. ?

I can't think of a better way to do this, because there is a limit on GTAG

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:15 PM

Yes.

I try to download all the part now and when i go to extract the part 00 (the exe file) says it is corrupt dozingoff.gif I think this sistem is a sh*t dontgetit.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:10 PM

Your post doesn't particularly help the cause either, itís a system that does work. Obviously you could help out and host the file yourself though if the system is that bad? Anyway, I haven't downloaded the files but if Mc-Kay packed them correctly and they uploaded correctly then there shouldn't be a problem. Just wondering though Mc-Kay when winRAR splits them into archives it starts with the first been *name*.part01.rar usually and the one everyone is mentioning is *name*.part00 also is there any particular reason that the file part is an exe as opposed to the others been .rar?

Just a couple of small things that probably don't really matter either way. In the past when I have split the archive it has always worked without problem as you can see on the Myriad Site.

Lastly, Mc-Kay... I know you said you had a few problems uploading to GTAG you might want to check yourself if you can download them all and unzip them correctly.

wahgah
  • wahgah

Lost In Postion

• Members

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (Y_Less @ Mar 8 2006, 11:44)
Before you download Parts 2, 3 and 4, Make sure before you unpack the mod you have:

GTA-SOLBeta42v5.part01.exe
GTA-SOLBeta42v5.part02.rar
GTA-SOLBeta42v5.part03.rar
GTA-SOLBeta42v5.part04.rar

That part of your release post is very ambiguous, how can we make sure we have parts 2, 3 and 4 before we download them?

What I believe he's saying is that before you try unpacking this mod, make sure that you
have the "EXE" program and then
the other ones because the "EXE" is what makes it install.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (wahgah @ Mar 8 2006, 15:19)
QUOTE (Y_Less @ Mar 8 2006, 11:44)
Before you download Parts 2, 3 and 4, Make sure before you unpack the mod you have:

GTA-SOLBeta42v5.part01.exe
GTA-SOLBeta42v5.part02.rar
GTA-SOLBeta42v5.part03.rar
GTA-SOLBeta42v5.part04.rar

That part of your release post is very ambiguous, how can we make sure we have parts 2, 3 and 4 before we download them?

What I believe he's saying is that before you try unpacking this mod, make sure that you
have the "EXE" program and then
the other ones because the "EXE" is what makes it install.

I'm going to re-upload the mod..

3 parts this time, your need to download them all before you can unpack the mod.

I dont know what the problem is, but here goes.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:49 PM

Ok, I've begun to upload the mod.

There will be 3 file parts to this mod that have to be unpacked in a same folder together.

This is because GTAGarage does not allow for large files to be uploaded, so I have to break them down into 3 parts.

You will need to download all 3 parts, and only then beable to unpack and install the mod.

Part 1: GTA-SOLBeta42v5.part01.rar
Part 2: GTA-SOLBeta42v5.part02.rar
Part 3: GTA-SOLBeta42v5.part03.rar

If you have any problems installing the mod, Please follow the readme file that is in the mod
folder and can also be downloaded from GTAG.

Once you have installed the mod and it's running, (I mean you have played it once or twice),
then grab the update file and replace the existing maps folder with the new updated map folder.

poiman
  • poiman

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:40 PM

this mod is for GTA VICE CITY isn't it?

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:58 PM

No, we ported the whole VC engine with VC rendering and VC peds to SA. confused.gif Yes, it's for VC.
.:Teun:.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 10 March 2006 - 07:03 PM

Another big update soon, as we move to the Online stage of MML ooops I mean GTA: State Of Liberty.

I would like to hear what you may think about this. ?

Coldman
  • Coldman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 March 2006 - 11:00 AM Edited by Coldman, 11 March 2006 - 11:04 AM.

When you'll release a final version of the mod?
Washinghton DC you mean it will be City Washinghton there and what will be the area of the mod?AS like as san andreas or less ?
and the last as I understood mod will be for vice city isn't it.?
Thanks if you answer me Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:50 AM

OK, here 5 mins! biggrin.gif With EXE errors, wouldn't online be a problem? smile.gif

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

(-:-)

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:56 PM

Nice work, guys.
You already have changed SA exe-file, I'm right?
Also tell me, please, what you've changed in SA exe?

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 05:21 PM

They've changed the vice city EXE and build the mod on the vice city ENGINE cus its moddable than San Andreas...

Jordando
  • Jordando

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 March 2006 - 04:41 AM

QUESTION: I DLed Vice City and put it on a ghost drive with Daemon Tools. If and when I download the final product, how would I install it?

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:18 AM

Idiot, posting warez here. whatsthat.gif

Ryder15
  • Ryder15

LooseKiD

• Members

Posted 13 March 2006 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (Jordando @ Mar 13 2006, 04:41)
QUESTION: I DLed Vice City and put it on a ghost drive with Daemon Tools. If and when I download the final product, how would I install it?

sh*t man, thats a smart thing to say on here.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 13 March 2006 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (Jordando @ Mar 12 2006, 21:41)

We don't support people who download the game, The MOD will only work with a legel copy version of the game.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 13 March 2006 - 08:30 AM Edited by Mc-Kay, 13 March 2006 - 08:34 AM.

QUOTE (Jordando @ Mar 12 2006, 21:41)

GET A LEGEL COPY, AND DONT USE PIRATE WARES.

Edit: Heheh my connection timed out, opps a dubble post, maybe Jordando likes this in RED.

Ryder15
  • Ryder15

LooseKiD

• Members

Posted 13 March 2006 - 09:46 AM

Y would you tell people that you have a Illigal Copy, you can get a cheap copy for like 19.95 over the net.

GO BYE IT

Nipa
  • Nipa

Hi.

• Members

Posted 13 March 2006 - 09:58 AM

Please.. for the sake of god.. READ THE GODDAMN RULES! WAREZ AND DOWNLOADING ILLEGAL SOFTWARE IS PROHIBITED HERE! THIS IS NOT A DOWNLOAD-LEGAL FORUM.

Sigh, the stupidity some people can go to these days.

confused.gif
-Nipa

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

(-:-)

• Members

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:07 AM

They've changed the vice city EXE and build the mod on the vice city ENGINE cus its moddable than San Andreas...

Why then it:
McKay has written to R* about getting permission for using and releasing a modified San Andreas EXE, but R* has yet to answer back.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (AleXXX @ Mar 13 2006, 03:07)

Why then it:
McKay has written to R* about getting permission for using and releasing a modified San Andreas EXE, but R* has yet to answer back.

Because this is the VC engine exe and not SA .

This was before the hot coffee crap, where they would have replied.

Jordando
  • Jordando

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 March 2006 - 02:34 AM

haha wow you guys are uptight...and a wee bit obsessed with GTA rolleyes.gif

JohnLennon
  • JohnLennon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:07 AM Edited by JohnLennon, 14 March 2006 - 10:39 AM.

man shut the heck up they are not uptight jeez man drink some wine and cool down..

romania
  • romania

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2006 - 05:56 AM

Wow this looks amazing! Will it work on San Andreas?

Chadg
  • Chadg

Haters gonna hate

• Members

Posted 15 March 2006 - 06:30 AM

No. This mod is only for vice city, not Sanandreas.

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

CEO DeathSquad Industries

• Members

Posted 15 March 2006 - 06:40 AM

Nah, its being uptight, just everyone yelling at a moron. Warez is bad for the modding community, and anyone who actually comes to this forum would know its not something you talk about here. Its a cool...

Anyways....

I am the one who is building the transportation systems, at the moment mainly a series of underwater tunnels. The beta has the large tube-tunnel running from LC to VC, and in the near future there will be release that will finish up that tube, and include several other tunnels running to Shoreside Vale, Mainland Liberty, Portland and Staunton Island. These tunnels will be the same style as the Porter Tunnel in Liberty, the actual model has a few texture changes and has been enclosed, so it can be used as a generic highway piece. I'm trying to include many highway goodies, such as a detailed sign system (US/NY Highway Signs).

Also a few unique things, such as the underwater intersection that connects these series of highways. I'm also thinking about an underwater rest area.

!WARNING! The following is a collection of all the screenshots I have posted in the editing forum. I don't use image shack since I have my own server, so I use these "poster" like screen shots. Sorry for any that are over 500 in pixels, I try to keep them within 600 pixels wide. Plus I'm a 56k user with a bad connection, if you can't handle it, you got problems....

user posted image
- Original Liberty City Tunnel Entrance Design

user posted image
- Second Design

user posted image
- Final Design

user posted image
- Pre-Toll Booth

user posted image
- Toll Booth Installed (model from SA's Gant Bridge)

user posted image
- Heiko "Odie" Feege Memorial Tunnel, named in honor of Odie who is the reason I'm making highways to this day.

user posted image
- The Underwater Intersection & Porter Style Tunnel System

user posted image
- The Shoreside Vale Tunnel Entrance (finally, that tunnel goes somewhere)

user posted image
- NY Style Highway Signs

I say NY Style meaning that here in NY State, they shove a sign anywhere godly possible, and always two of them on either side. Our tax dollars hard at work. Vice City may not have so many tunnels besides the large tube, I may place two at either end of the islands.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users