THERE ARE NO...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic
i_am_da_man86
  • i_am_da_man86

Don

• Members

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:02 PM

There are no sharks until proven otherwise!

People who use text editors and view the game files have searched and searched, yet to find nothing. Most of the people who claim to have seen these sharks, the ones who aren't purposely lying anyway, had mistaken them for dolphins. No one has a true picture, no one can give a good location, and even the PC version itself has been searched drastically, which is usually when secrets and such are revealed as it's easier than a console version to view and edit.

Odd Relation: Though sharks weren't listed, whales were listed under the sea animal list, which is odd...

If you disagree, then give us something legit to work with, or otherwise your opinion doesn't mean ****.

Until Proven: Sharks = Fake

Thank you.

DsK_CJ
  • DsK_CJ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:04 PM

Yep. I've never found any sharks.... I hacked almost the entire game (whoa) looking for it too.... Nothing. If you want, have fun with turtles biggrin.gif

i_am_da_man86
  • i_am_da_man86

Don

• Members

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:13 PM

No more comments on this, I thought the shark arguement was a big thing? To me I have always wondered if you went far enough out into the sea and got in the water... would you make it back?

nervous.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:31 PM

We know all this, the only shark related material is a texture left over from Vice City, the grey creatures you see in the water are Dopphins.

Alegzander
  • Alegzander

Subtle

• Members

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:54 PM

I've seen sharks a lot.

And I know I'm not seeing dolphins.

I've seen those, too.

DsK_CJ
  • DsK_CJ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2005 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (i_am_da_man86 @ Dec 5 2005, 23:13)
No more comments on this, I thought the shark arguement was a big thing? To me I have always wondered if you went far enough out into the sea and got in the water... would you make it back?

nervous.gif

It would take a long long long time tounge2.gif

And, Alegsander..... THERE ARE NO SHARKS

Final dot

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 December 2005 - 01:10 AM

Is your proof going to be anything more than saying 'Period' or it's derivitives?

Have you done any sort of persuasive writing?

i_am_da_man86
  • i_am_da_man86

Don

• Members

Posted 06 December 2005 - 01:16 AM

without proof of sharks there is no detail to go into.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 December 2005 - 01:25 AM

I agree with you, but unless you think screaming 'I'M RIGHT, YOU'RE WRONG, LALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU' is a valid argument you've got a lot to learn about persuasion.

johnson.
  • johnson.

OGbobby

• The Precinct
  • Canada

Posted 06 December 2005 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (Opius @ Dec 5 2005, 20:25)
I agree with you, but unless you think screaming 'I'M RIGHT, YOU'RE WRONG, LALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU' is a valid argument you've got a lot to learn about persuasion.

Aahahaha

LALALALA YOUR WRONG

pwned.

DsK_CJ
  • DsK_CJ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2005 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (Opius @ Dec 6 2005, 01:25)

Man.... I know a lot abour programming... modding and etc..... And I serached the ENTIRE GTA's ARCHIVES, EVERY ONE

LALALALALA YOU ARE WRONG

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 December 2005 - 01:38 AM

Did you miss the part where I agreed with you? That would you mean you are wrong, but then that cancels out your previous argument, which means I'm right, which means you're right, but that means I'm right and you're wrong and
user posted image

And if you want to wave your technically-proficient penis around, who do you think helped with the research that made the programs you're using possible? Here's a hint: Me.

guitarrocker
  • guitarrocker

And they won't rest until you're dead.

• Members

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (Opius @ Dec 6 2005, 01:38)
Did you miss the part where I agreed with you? That would you mean you are wrong, but then that cancels out your previous argument, which means I'm right, which means you're right, but that means I'm right and you're wrong and
user posted image

And if you want to wave your technically-proficient penis around, who do you think helped with the research that made the programs you're using possible? Here's a hint: Me.

^now that is owned^

no sharks. none. try not to challenge the mods guys bored.gif

kingox
  • kingox

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:23 AM

I cant say for sure that there arnt sharks in the game, If they arnt in that list thing i guess ill beilve that they are not there. However, there was a shark/s in VC so i dont see why it wouldnt be in SA, other then it might eat you while your swimming... I know i saw a dolphine (got a screenshot) and thought it was a shark till i swam right up to it.

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

Fresh and strong the world we seize

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:44 AM

I specifically remember this topic being resolved once in the summer and another time in the fall.

Is this argument seasonal or something?

WE KNOW.

DsK_CJ
  • DsK_CJ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (Opius @ Dec 6 2005, 01:38)
user posted image

Gee man, sorry... I didn't see that part

i_am_da_man86
  • i_am_da_man86

Don

• Members

Posted 06 December 2005 - 01:40 PM

Sorry if my words offended a few people but I was hoping by me saying what I think some clever programmer would come out of the woodwork with proof that there are no sharks.

I just wanted this sorted as it is one of the many mysteries of San Andreas.

Alegzander
  • Alegzander

Subtle

• Members

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (DsK_CJ @ Dec 6 2005, 00:21)
And, Alegsander..... THERE ARE NO SHARKS

Final dot

Fine.

And next time, spell my damn name right.

SeaNorris.
  • SeaNorris.

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:48 PM

No sharks swimming, correct, but there were sharks left:

user posted image

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:52 PM

This topic is just repeating the same info and arguments from the last two. confused.gif

http://www.gtaforums...02639&hl=sharks
http://www.gtaforums...21075&hl=sharks

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (i_am_da_man86 @ Dec 6 2005, 08:40)
Sorry if my words offended a few people but I was hoping by me saying what I think some clever programmer would come out of the woodwork with proof that there are no sharks.

I just wanted this sorted as it is one of the many mysteries of San Andreas.

It is almost impossible to prove a negative. There is a shark texture in the gta3.img as SeaNorris posted. Since none of us have the source code to the game, none of us can simply say "Look, they never load this texture so there aren't any sharks" which seems to be what you want. The best we can do is say that it isn't refereneced in the SCM and if you mod the game to include it, it is obvious that it doesn't look like anything anyone has ever seen in the unmodified game. And because there is that tiny sliver of doubt, the gullible love to believe in the myth and pursue it, and the pranksters love to goad them on with unsupported claims.

For this, and all the other myths, the burden of proof is on the people who claim to have seen such things. And they never give it. Any reasonable person concludes that there aren't any sharks, but the unreasonable can never be convinced. So the pointless argument continues over-and-over as illustrated by the other topics referenced by Mxy.

MAcSandNinEs
  • MAcSandNinEs

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:33 PM

Teh lockage por favor. ~M$&9$~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users