Photo

[WIP] San Andreas Audio Toolkit (SAAT)

388 replies to this topic
-bOOgiEmAN-
  • -bOOgiEmAN-

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:36 AM

First off, pdescobar, you da freaking mang, mang. Thank you for hookin up the app for this.

I have listened to literally thousands of soundclips from this game and still cannot locate the police in the helicoptor clips.
I have extracted every SFX file and still cant find them. Ive been at it for numerous hours. I have resorted to asking here.
Does anyone know which folder and bank?
Even just the folder would be a huge help.
Thanks alot!

-bOOgiEmAN-
  • -bOOgiEmAN-

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:07 AM

SPC_FA\Bank_011
I listened to about fifty thousand soundclips today till I just found it.
' ITS TIME TO SHUT YOU UP ASSHOLE! '
I think im gonna go kill someone now notify.gif .

BigBadBob
  • BigBadBob

Crackhead

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:01 PM

does anyone have a copy of the gui they could upload or send to me?

I keep getting problems with the command line, too many parameters or something.

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (BigBadBob @ Aug 3 2006, 17:01)
does anyone have a copy of the gui they could upload or send to me?

I keep getting problems with the command line, too many parameters or something.

I have no idea on the licensing of Mr Cheater's gui frontend so I won't publicly post a link, but I can send you a copy from when I downloaded it; just PM me and I'll point you where to go. Note that it currently only does extraction and if you have problems using it, Mr Cheater's the person to ask.

As for using the command line, check through some of the examples in the manual or on the last couple pages of this topic.

@-bOOgiEmAN-: sorry I wasn't around to point you in the right direction, but I'm glad you found what you were looking for. I had listed that bank as "Coast Guard Officers" in the Directory. Guess I got that one wrong if the helicopter officer's voices are there. wink.gif

BigBadBob
  • BigBadBob

Crackhead

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 04 August 2006 - 08:13 AM

I got things worked out. The actual extraction and reimport wasn't a problem for me, I was having trouble getting it to work on my setup.

SA is installed on a different drive. And I wasn't putting the qutation marks in to navigate to a different directory. Kept saying too many paramaters.

A buddy helped my out with it. All is good.

Very handy tool. good job. Once I got the command line thing worked out, it was a simple matter of extracting the files, moving my new one into the correct folder, and importing. Works perfectly.

MR_Q
  • MR_Q

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 August 2006 - 01:10 AM

I've been waiting for an audio editor to come out. I thank you.

I seem to be having some trouble, and Im not sure if its my fault or what, but my goal was to add better weapon sounds. I managed to get the shotgun and the pistols firing sounds to work, though the quality leaves much to be desired, but when I changed the MP5 sound there was some unpleasent results. The sound change went fine, though still scratchy like all the other sounds I added, but I noticed some other sounds changed for a reason I cant explain. For example, when I would kick a guy when he was down, it would play an engine sound. I changed the sound back to the original and it went back to normal again.

I also tried switching the AK sound and the machine pistols sounds with the same result. I tried replacing them with the same sound I used for the pistols and they too dont work. Im not quite sure what to do. I have all the sounds converted to 44000 16 bit mono, as was reccomended. Anyone have any ideas whats wrong?

Besides the stated issue, Im really pleased with the program. Well done

OnanManiak
  • OnanManiak

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:08 AM Edited by OnanManiak, 14 August 2006 - 08:10 PM.

This is my uncompleted GUI :
user posted image

user posted image

I must complete detection filename from foldername in packing options smile.gif

OnanManiak
  • OnanManiak

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE (MR_Q @ Aug 14 2006, 01:10)
I've been waiting for an audio editor to come out. I thank you.

I seem to be having some trouble, and Im not sure if its my fault or what, but my goal was to add better weapon sounds. I managed to get the shotgun and the pistols firing sounds to work, though the quality leaves much to be desired, but when I changed the MP5 sound there was some unpleasent results. The sound change went fine, though still scratchy like all the other sounds I added, but I noticed some other sounds changed for a reason I cant explain. For example, when I would kick a guy when he was down, it would play an engine sound. I changed the sound back to the original and it went back to normal again.

I also tried switching the AK sound and the machine pistols sounds with the same result. I tried replacing them with the same sound I used for the pistols and they too dont work. Im not quite sure what to do. I have all the sounds converted to 44000 16 bit mono, as was reccomended. Anyone have any ideas whats wrong?

Besides the stated issue, Im really pleased with the program. Well done

Hmm,i dont know where is problem,you are used modified config folder for game playing,or original ???

Or may be is incorrect file name of sounds,you are modified sfx_import.ini ???

OnanManiak
  • OnanManiak

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:16 PM Edited by OnanManiak, 14 August 2006 - 07:22 PM.

I now see,you program isnt gui-friendly wink.gif
Command line tool must have " letter if you using path with spaces.
aka:
"C:\Documents and Settings\"

no

C:\Documents and Settings\

But your program saw error when i tryed using this letter (").

user posted image

user posted image

Is very very difficul to make program which detect spaces in path but i try make it

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:46 AM

@MR_Q: That is a problem which has been seen before and I have no idea what the exact problem is. Sometimes, it can be a symptom of the Banklkup.dat file being corrupted (for example, if a backup copy of an archive was restored but the Banklkup.dat wasn't and then SAAT is rerun.

But other times it seems to happen even if everything has been done correctly. It's as if SA's internal audio handling gets messed up after playing certain sound files. For example, another modder used SAAT to try and insert new helicopter sounds for the Maverick for a helicopter mod. After the game played his sounds, the footstep sounds went all screwy even though they are stored in a completely different (and unmodified) archive.

=================

Please note I am calling all "\" characters "slashes" rather than the more precise "backslashes" in the following because I'm a lazy typist. wink.gif

@OnanManiak: You have run into problems and limitations of the windows command shell. The shell actually processes the commandline and then calls SAAT with a list of arguments which SAAT then attempts to interpret as a command. Since a space is an argument separator, complex paths which contain spaces must be enclosed in quotes so that the entire path is seen as a single argument. However, the command shell completely blows the parsing of
CODE
"C:\"

because it thinks that the slash-quote is an attempt to escape the quotation mark and so it sends that on to the program as
CODE
C:"

You have to work around this limitation by doubling the last slash if and only if the path ends in a slash. This may be easier to see in a set of examples:

Here is the output of a program that does nothing but spit back out its arguments (enclosed in curly braces). This first example shows what the shell is doing with the "C:\"
CODE
D:\Temp>args "C:\foo bar\baz" "C:\"
The commandline had 3 arguments
Argument 0 is {D:\TEMP\ARGS.EXE}
Argument 1 is {C:\foo bar\baz}
Argument 2 is {C:"}
Note how Argument 1 is processed properly and the quotes are discarded by the shell before it passes the argument to SAAT but argument 2 gets interpreted differently than the user probably expects.

Now, here is what happens if you double the slash for the second argument, resulting in "C:\\"
CODE
D:\Temp>args "C:\foo bar\baz" "C:\\"
Argument 1 is {C:\foo bar\baz}
Argument 2 is {C:\}
In that case, both are processed correctly.

However, you can only double the slash in that special case where it is followed by a quotation mark and will be misinterpreted otherwise. Because if you tried to just double all the slashes, the shell would pass those along unmolested in argument 1:
CODE
D:\Temp>args "C:\\foo bar\\baz" "C:\\"
Argument 1 is {C:\\foo bar\\baz}
Argument 2 is {C:\}

So the overall approach an add-on gui should take is to:
  • look at the path that has been input/selected,
  • make sure it isn't already wrapped in quotes,
  • double the last slash if and only if the path ends in a slash,
  • and then wrap the whole thing in quotes before sending it to the command shell.

OnanManiak
  • OnanManiak

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:09 AM

Yes,Yes smile.gif this will help me,its now working but iam must made difficul function.

Thanx tounge.gif

Spy3D
  • Spy3D

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:25 PM

GUI with import ability will be perfect.

@pdescobar: is it possible to import 1 individually file at a time, like if i want to send some1 a car sound (who dont know how to use saat) with saat and the sound i want him to replace with a readme just telling him where to put the tool (run it by cmd) and without sending all the original SA banks and sounds with it, this will save my upload time.

Thanx, this tool Rocks sigh.gif

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 26 August 2006 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (Spy3D @ Aug 26 2006, 18:25)
GUI with import ability will be perfect.

@pdescobar: is it possible to import 1 individually file at a time, like if i want to send some1 a car sound (who dont know how to use saat) with saat and the sound i want him to replace with a readme just telling him where to put the tool (run it by cmd) and without sending all the original SA banks and sounds with it, this will save my upload time.

Thanx, this tool Rocks sigh.gif

There is no way to simply insert a file into the archive currently (and there probably never will be wink.gif ) You have to do a full export and import for the archive you want to change. What I would suggest you do is something like this:

1) verify the location of your friend's SA install directory, a temp directory to do the export, and that he/she has enough free space to temporarily export the archive
2) since you know the directories, you can write a batch file with the saat command to export that archive and another with the import command.
3) name the sound file you are sending to your friend so that it's got the same name as the exported sound it will replace (e.g sound_006.wav)

Then you can send them the batch files, saat, and your sound file along with simple instructions like this:
1) double-click the supplied export.bat
2) copy the sound_006.wav file into c:\temp\GENRL\Bank_003 replacing the one that's there
3) double-click the supplied import.bat
4) delete c:\temp\GENRL

Of course you want to be sure they backup the archive and lookup files first, just in case, but something like that should be a pretty easy method for them.

BMWPower
  • BMWPower

SiX-In-Line Rulz!

• Members

Posted 28 August 2006 - 03:42 PM

I made some radiostations a month ago, and they were on my GTA, but i had to reinstall my windows so i uploaded them in a server. Then i have downloaded them replaced the files in streams folder and they don't work now, only adverts. I'm sure that the files are uploaded downloaded to 100%.
Then i decided to export and import again. I exported, but when i tried to import again:

http://img49.imagesh...untitledmq3.jpg

Pdescobar, please help me, i spent so much time making them, i don't want to start again, i'm sure there's a way to get them work again.. dontgetit.gif

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 28 August 2006 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (BMWPower @ Aug 28 2006, 11:42)
I made some radiostations a month ago, and they were on my GTA, but i had to reinstall my windows so i uploaded them in a server. Then i have downloaded them replaced the files in streams folder and they don't work now, only adverts. I'm sure that the files are uploaded downloaded to 100%.

Did you back up the TrakLkup.dat file with the streams? That tells the game how to find an individual track to play and if you have modified streams but the original lookup file, that would cause a problem.

QUOTE (continued...)
Then i decided to export and import again. I exported, but when i tried to import again:

http://img49.imagesh...untitledmq3.jpg

Pdescobar, please help me, i spent so much time making them, i don't want to start again, i'm sure there's a way to get them work again..  dontgetit.gif

You need to supply a lookup file argument on the import. What you should do is reimport each of your modified streams and supply the games Traklkup.dat file as the third option and after all have been imported again it should hopefully work.

BMWPower
  • BMWPower

SiX-In-Line Rulz!

• Members

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:36 PM

I know, but i didn't back up it, because my tracks are named Track_001, 002 etc. I just relaced the original tracks, and i don't have custom file names.
..?

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:44 PM

The lookup file has nothing to do with track names; it contains the file offset locations for the track headers within each stream. Since you've exported the modified streams, just reimport them all using the default lookup file; each import will update its portion of the lookup file so when you're done the lookup file should be completely updated and all your custom stations should work.

So for example, to reimport the RG stream like in your screenshot, do
CODE
saat_stream -i audio\streams\RG c:\temp\saat\RG\stream_import.ini audio\config\traklkup.dat

(all on one line)

But don't try running the game until you've reimported everything. And next time, backup the TrakLkup.dat file along with the streams. wink.gif

BMWPower
  • BMWPower

SiX-In-Line Rulz!

• Members

Posted 28 August 2006 - 06:31 PM

Oh, i forgot to write this for the .dat file.. anuj_cop.gif
10x, dude biggrin.gif

Big greets!

Pho3niXx
  • Pho3niXx

Dr4x

• Members

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:26 PM Edited by Pho3niXx, 04 September 2006 - 03:57 PM.

I just made a GUI.
it can export for the moment.

user posted image

tounge.gif

i'll do import part when i'll have time.

Get it HERE

Whizz
  • Whizz

Did you steal your license?

• Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:12 AM

Wtf does this mean?

Creating stream audio\streams\CH
  from INI file C:\temp\saat\CH\stream_import.ini
  and lookup file audio\CONFIG\TrakLkup.dat
Processing Tracks (130 total)...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10...11...12
...13...14...15...16...17...18...19...20...21...22...23...24...25...26...27...28
...29...30...31...32...33...34...Error writing stripped input file C:\temp\saat\
CH\Track_034.ogg to memory buffer: Error writing stream to output. Output stream
may be corrupted or truncated.

Track_034.ogg is working, so it's not that the Ogg is corrupt or something.
It's quite big, could that be the problem?

Pho3niXx
  • Pho3niXx

Dr4x

• Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (Whizz @ Sep 5 2006, 10:12)
Track_034.ogg is working, so it's not that the Ogg is corrupt or something.
It's quite big, could that be the problem?

OGG file has been modified?!

you have probably to edit the ini file too

Whizz
  • Whizz

• Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:07 AM Edited by Whizz, 05 September 2006 - 01:34 PM.

Yes, the file is modified.
What do I have to change in the ini file?

Pho3niXx
  • Pho3niXx

Dr4x

• Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:01 PM

I read this in the original Manual

" Streams

Currently, SAAT will only accept Ogg Vorbis files for stream import. The
bitrate shouldn't matter but the unmodified game uses variable bitrate
files so that would be the preference. The most important thing is that the
Ogg Vorbis files must be in stereo. If you import a mono file, it will play
at double speed resulting in a "chipmunk" effect. If you have a mono file,
make a stereo file out of it by duplicating the original single track for
both the left and right channels before importing. "

Whizz
  • Whizz

• Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:18 PM

Yes, but SAAT doesn't even put it in the output stream..

Pho3niXx
  • Pho3niXx

Dr4x

• Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:22 PM

Is it the original CH file ???!

mine works properly

Whizz
  • Whizz

• Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:23 PM

well, yeah it was
Now it's a 0 KB file because SAAT failed to do anything with it

Pho3niXx
  • Pho3niXx

Dr4x

• Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:30 PM

OK try to get it back from the DVD and export it again

Whizz
  • Whizz

• Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:35 PM Edited by Whizz, 05 September 2006 - 03:34 PM.

Same thing.
He can't write it, but I don't know why confused.gif
Ok, I'll wait smile.gif

Pho3niXx
  • Pho3niXx

Dr4x

• Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:01 PM Edited by Pho3niXx, 05 September 2006 - 04:02 PM.

give me few hours
i'll post Gui For SAAT 1.1 it should works fine
and with import function too wink.gif

Pho3niXx
  • Pho3niXx

Dr4x

• Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:20 PM Edited by Pho3niXx, 05 September 2006 - 06:23 PM.

Well it's done.

FINAL VERSION RELEASED

I made a Fully Functionnal GUI For SAAT (i called it GFS)
it can import, export, sounds and streams

i don't have implemented RFSA mode. (parameter -r)

user posted image

The Setup is 872Kb

GET IT HERE !!!

rahkstar2.gif if you have problems PM me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users