• Members

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:07 AM

Thanks a lot smile.gif

gta-gt
  • gta-gt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:29 AM

pdescobar, I am having a lot of trouble using the command prompt. I want to replace the engine sounds with ones from NFS Most Wanted, so can you please show the exact command prompt for editing engine sounds? Thanks.

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (gta-gt @ Feb 9 2006, 20:29)
pdescobar, I am having a lot of trouble using the command prompt. I want to replace the engine sounds with ones from NFS Most Wanted, so can you please show the exact command prompt for editing engine sounds? Thanks.

Sure. It would help if you answered the following questions. All should be answered with the full path; example: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas

A) In what directory do you have SA installed?

B) Into what directory did you extract saat_sfx.exe?

C) Into what directory would you like to store the extracted engine sounds while making changes?

gta-gt
  • gta-gt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:48 PM

I have the game installed in C:/Program Files/Rockstar Games/GTA San Andreas
I extracted saat_sfx.exe into this directory, and I would also like to store the engine sounds in this directory.

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (gta-gt @ Feb 10 2006, 12:48)
I have the game installed in C:/Program Files/Rockstar Games/GTA San Andreas
I extracted saat_sfx.exe into this directory, and I would also like to store the engine sounds in this directory.

OK. Here's some step-by-step instructions. I've exaggerated the spacing in the commands to hopefully make it more clear; you only actually need single spaces when you type them.
  1. Open up a command prompt by going to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt (I'm assuming Windows XP here).
  2. Type the following into the command prompt and hit Enter/Return:
    CODE
    cd   "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas"
  3. Next, type the following and hit Enter/Return.
    CODE
    saat_sfx   -e   audio\SFX\GENRL   saat   audio\CONFIG\BankLkup.dat
    This will create a folder called "saat" in the game directory and extract the sfx archive that contains the engine sounds to a folder called GENRL in that directory. So the full path of the extracted sfx will be "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\saat\GENRL\*"
  4. Now it's time to make your changes. Either replace the sound files you want to change with new sounds named the same or edit the file "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\saat\GENRL\sfx_import.ini" in notepad to reference your new sounds elsewhere. There are some pointers on which sound banks refer to which cars earlier in the thread, but it's not a complete list so you may have to do some experimenting to find the exact sounds which need replacing.
  5. It's a good idea at this point to make backup copies of the files "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\audio\SFX\GENRL" and "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\audio\CONFIG\BankLkup.dat" and store them someplace safe. That way you can undo your changes without reinstalling if something goes wrong.
  6. Once you are ready to import your new sounds into the game, go back to the same command prompt window and type this command followed by Enter/Return:
    CODE
    saat_sfx   -i   audio\SFX\GENRL   saat\GENRL\sfx_import.ini   audio\CONFIG\BankLkup.dat
  7. Now load the game and try it out.

Please let me know if this works for you; if it doesn't, be sure to give the exact commands you typed and any error messages encountered. Perhaps this will give me the kick I need to work on easier interfaces. wink.gif

gta-gt
  • gta-gt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:36 AM

Thanks a lot pdescobar, the command prompts all worked, and I was able to install my first engine sound pretty easily. However, when I installed an engine idle sound, instead of playing back the idle sound, the game cycled through every single engine idle sound from the Sanchez to the bicycle! This would happen when I decelerated as well as idled. If someone can help me with this it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

robin24k
  • robin24k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 February 2006 - 02:17 AM

Does anybody know where the police car (and maybe taxi/premier) engine sound is at? I'm trying to replace it. Thanks!

gta-gt
  • gta-gt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:57 PM

Ok, I managed to replace the idle sound for the Elegy, but after replacement, the tire-squealing sound effect disappeared, and when you hit the horn the game plays back a constant pulsating bass note, sort of like a heavy metal double pedal. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? confused.gif

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (gta-gt @ Feb 22 2006, 12:57)
Ok, I managed to replace the idle sound for the Elegy, but after replacement, the tire-squealing sound effect disappeared, and when you hit the horn the game plays back a constant pulsating bass note, sort of like a heavy metal double pedal. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? confused.gif

Can you recall exactly which sounds (archive/bank num/sound num) you replaced and what the format of the replacement sound was?

gta-gt
  • gta-gt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:18 PM

First I replaced all three sounds in Bank_002. These sounds are all ok.
Then, I replaced the Elegy idle sound. (Bank_001>Sound_002) Instead of running the idle I imported, the game cycled through every single idle sound.
I then replaced Bank_001>Sound_001. This sound plays back for about a second when you accelerate from a stop. It also plays back if you hold down the gas and the handbrake at the same time. Importing this sound fixed the problem with the idle sound, but it seems that this sound causes the problems with the lack of tire squealing and the pulsating bass horn.

gta-gt
  • gta-gt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:19 PM

Oh yeah...the format for all the files was WAV, PCM, 16-bit mono, 16kHz, 256kbps

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (gta-gt @ Feb 23 2006, 17:18)
First I replaced all three sounds in Bank_002. These sounds are all ok.
Then, I replaced the Elegy idle sound. (Bank_001>Sound_002) Instead of running the idle I imported, the game cycled through every single idle sound.
I then replaced Bank_001>Sound_001. This sound plays back for about a second when you accelerate from a stop. It also plays back if you hold down the gas and the handbrake at the same time. Importing this sound fixed the problem with the idle sound, but it seems that this sound causes the problems with the lack of tire squealing and the pulsating bass horn.

Hmm. interesting. So modifying bank 1, sound 2 fixed the problem with bank 1, sound 1 but it then caused the other problems? How long (elapsed time) are the two sounds you imported into Bank 1?

p.s. you can use the "Edit" button in the upper right of your post to add info rather than posting twice.

gta-gt
  • gta-gt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:27 AM

Sound_001 is about 2 seconds long, while Sound_002 is about 30 seconds long. I'll try again with a 2-second idle and see if the game can loop it. Sometimes when a short file is being played back, it isn't continously being looped, so there is a slight pause before the sound resumes.

gta-gt
  • gta-gt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 03:55 AM

So far, so good...I replaced all the Bank 1 and 2 sounds and everything is in working order. San Andreas seems to be really strict with certain variables such as file length + sample rate - everything has to be similar to the original files or something will get messed up.

General Lee01
  • General Lee01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:19 AM

Can someone help me?

can you change A audio file for me because i don't know how it works blink.gif

I would like to change audio file the horn from the stallion.

I would like to replace it with the dixie horn of the general lee.

If someone can do it for me i'm happy smile.gif

rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif

General Lee01
  • General Lee01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:22 AM

and if someone has done it.

can you send it to my email????

thanx icon14.gif icon14.gif

Scrag
  • Scrag

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:34 AM

Any Updates?

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 09 March 2006 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (Scrag @ Mar 8 2006, 04:34)
Any Updates?

Nothing recent. I've been putting off doing much with it until I get my new computer ordered. The only important things planned for the next release are support for configuration via INI to use a drag-and-drop interface and an option to name the script SFX based on the AudioEvents file but I have no idea when such a thing would occur. Was there a particular thing you are looking for?

oscarw_89
  • oscarw_89

Swedish

• Members

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:01 PM

Any clue why I'm getting this error?
I'we extracted the generl file before but now I'm getting this error. Both times i extractes the original audio file. cookie.gif
user posted image

EDIT: When I'm using the generl file i ngame it dossent seem to be any errors so I sont get why SAAT gets it. that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 17 March 2006 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (oscarw_89 @ Mar 17 2006, 15:01)
I'we extracted the generl file before but now I'm getting this error. Both times i extractes the original audio file. cookie.gif
http://img366.images.../screen61vd.jpg

EDIT: When I'm using the generl file i ngame it dossent seem to be any errors so I sont get why SAAT gets it. that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

That error comes from getting an invalid value when reading the start of the bank header. If you're sure the GENRL sound archive itself is unmodified, the problem is probably in the BankLkUp.dat file. The SFX exporter requires the BankLkup.dat file because that's the only way it can determine the length of each sfx file. If the BankLkUp.dat was modified but the archive wasn't, that mismatch will generally result in the program reading too much or too little data on one of the sounds and then getting an error similar to what you have.

In the background of your image I see the following typed: "saat_stream -i streams\NJ music CONFIG\BankLkup.dat" -- did you accidentally change the BankLkup.dat file instead of TrakLkup.dat when previously importing a new stream? Or did you restore a backed-up sfx archive without restoring the corresponding BankLkup.dat?

oscarw_89
  • oscarw_89

Swedish

• Members

Posted 17 March 2006 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (pdescobar @ Mar 17 2006, 22:00)
QUOTE (oscarw_89 @ Mar 17 2006, 15:01)
I'we extracted the generl file before but now I'm getting this error. Both times i extractes the original audio file.  cookie.gif
http://img366.images.../screen61vd.jpg

EDIT: When I'm using the generl file i ngame it dossent seem to be any errors so I sont get why SAAT gets it.  that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

That error comes from getting an invalid value when reading the start of the bank header. If you're sure the GENRL sound archive itself is unmodified, the problem is probably in the BankLkUp.dat file. The SFX exporter requires the BankLkup.dat file because that's the only way it can determine the length of each sfx file. If the BankLkUp.dat was modified but the archive wasn't, that mismatch will generally result in the program reading too much or too little data on one of the sounds and then getting an error similar to what you have.

In the background of your image I see the following typed: "saat_stream -i streams\NJ music CONFIG\BankLkup.dat" -- did you accidentally change the BankLkup.dat file instead of TrakLkup.dat when previously importing a new stream? Or did you restore a backed-up sfx archive without restoring the corresponding BankLkup.dat?

The Exporting worked when I restored BankLkup.dat, but when I have imported my new swedish poice sirens the game craches (I notice that my HD just keeps loading & loding & then the game quits) att first menu (I guess it uses generl sounds when you move up and down the menu).
Could there be anything wrong with my wav format? I use 16-bit PCM Mono

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 17 March 2006 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (oscarw_89 @ Mar 17 2006, 16:53)
The Exporting worked when I restored BankLkup.dat, but when I have imported my new swedish poice sirens the game craches (I notice that my HD just keeps loading & loding & then the game quits) att first menu (I guess it uses generl sounds when you move up and down the menu).

Yeah, there are interface sounds in at least banks 53 & 54 of GENRL. 16-bit PCM mono is the best format. How large are the new siren sounds you are importing in both file size of the WAVes and length of the clip (seconds)?

oscarw_89
  • oscarw_89

Swedish

• Members

Posted 17 March 2006 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (pdescobar @ Mar 17 2006, 23:00)

Yeah, there are interface sounds in at least banks 53 & 54 of GENRL. 16-bit PCM mono is the best format. How large are the new siren sounds you are importing in both file size of the WAVes and length of the clip (seconds)?

sound_011:
Total size 154 Kb ; Bitspeed 705Kbit/s ; Samplingsize 16 bit ; Chanels 1 (mono) ; Samplingspeed 44 kHz ; type PCM ; Lenght 1,787347 sec

sound_012:
Total size 28,4 Kb ; Bitspeed 705Kbit/s ; Samplingsize 16 bit ; Chanels 1 (mono) ; Samplingspeed 44 kHz ; type PCM ; Lenght 0,3295 sec

catloaf_by_anuj.gif Bah, nothing works for me sad.gif

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 17 March 2006 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (oscarw_89 @ Mar 17 2006, 17:11)

sound_011:
Total size 154 Kb ; Bitspeed 705Kbit/s ; Samplingsize 16 bit ; Chanels 1 (mono) ; Samplingspeed 44 kHz ; type PCM ; Lenght 1,787347 sec

sound_012:
Total size 28,4 Kb ; Bitspeed 705Kbit/s ; Samplingsize 16 bit ; Chanels 1 (mono) ; Samplingspeed 44 kHz ; type PCM ; Lenght 0,3295 sec

OK, the crash bothers me as changing those 2 sounds shouldn't be causing that kind of problem. First thing I would do is completely restore the sfx archives and banklkup.dat from original backups. Then launch the game and make sure that menu crash is gone. Once that's done, resample your replacement sirens so they're in the 10-12 KHz range instead of 44kHz, then import them and see what happens.

oscarw_89
  • oscarw_89

Swedish

• Members

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (pdescobar @ Mar 17 2006, 23:25)
QUOTE (oscarw_89 @ Mar 17 2006, 17:11)

sound_011:

sound_012:

OK, the crash bothers me as changing those 2 sounds shouldn't be causing that kind of problem. First thing I would do is completely restore the sfx archives and banklkup.dat from original backups. Then launch the game and make sure that menu crash is gone. Once that's done, resample your replacement sirens so they're in the 10-12 KHz range instead of 44kHz, then import them and see what happens.

It works now!! happy.gif Maby the error was becaus the thing you said, but I also think it cold have been that that I have 2 San Andreas installed (SA & GTA Sweden (work in proggress) an i had to test it in the original game and the i only changed the generl file and not the one in config.

Thanks for all the help!! inlove.gif tounge2.gif

BMWPower
  • BMWPower

SiX-In-Line Rulz!

• Members

Posted 18 March 2006 - 07:02 PM

I have a problem too.
I've changed Playback FM's oggs. Many of the oggs are mine, i've used spaceholders which are 7 kb, and they're maybe 1/10 of a second. All oggs are 16bit, 32,000Hz, exported with Audacity and the radio in the game don't want to play. dontgetit.gif
The file (CH) is 160 Mb, the quality of 90% of the oggs is 112 - 192 kbps.

What i have to do to fix the problem, pls help me cryani.gif

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 18 March 2006 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (BMWPower @ Mar 18 2006, 14:02)
I have a problem too.
I've changed Playback FM's oggs. Many of the oggs are mine, i've used spaceholders which are 7 kb, and they're maybe 1/10 of a second. All oggs are 16bit, 32,000Hz, exported with Audacity and the radio in the game don't want to play. dontgetit.gif
The file (CH) is 160 Mb, the quality of 90% of the oggs is 112 - 192 kbps.

What i have to do to fix the problem, pls help me cryani.gif

Unfortunately, the game doesn't seem to be able to handle really tiny placeholders like that. In my tests, using anything less than about 7 seconds in the streams was prone to causing the "dead air bug" where the radio stops working until you change the station. It really sucks, too, because that would be the easiest way to use a GTA3/VC type of static radio loop. Currently, the only advice is to not use short placeholders and instead try and cut up your songs to mirror the track layout of the original game as closely as you can.

oscarw_89
  • oscarw_89

Swedish

• Members

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:55 PM

Now I have a new problem.
I'm goning to replace HC (SFUR) with "Trancmission" (a live trance mix my friend made).
I'm using that just to test if it will work.

I first cut the 54 minute long track into 20 tracks 2,42min long and one track 32sec (the last part); and then I converted all tracks to ogg 160Kbit/s 48000KHz.
I imported everything to the file HC but ingame all I get is (not exactly) 60% comersials, 20% silent time, 20% User Track tracks!!?

I also made a test with just two other tracks but about 5 minutes long and then I got the same result as above.

die.gif rahkstar2.gif Cheetah Audio Converter is the program im converting in (it worked for mi police siren so I don't thing the "error" has anything to do whit it.)

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (oscarw_89 @ Mar 21 2006, 17:55)
Now I have a new problem.
I'm goning to replace HC (SFUR) with "Trancmission" (a live trance mix my friend made).
I'm using that just to test if it will work.

I first cut the 54 minute long track into 20 tracks 2,42min long and one track 32sec (the last part); and then I converted all tracks to ogg 160Kbit/s 48000KHz.
I imported everything to the file HC but ingame all I get is (not exactly) 60% comersials, 20% silent time, 20% User Track tracks!!?

I also made a test with just two other tracks but about 5 minutes long and then I got the same result as above.

die.gif   rahkstar2.gif   Cheetah Audio Converter is the program im converting in (it worked for mi police siren so I don't thing the "error" has anything to do whit it.)

Exactly which SFUR tracks did you replace with your new music and did you alter the total number of tracks on the station? Also, to test the conversion, make sure the ogg vorbis files you used play properly in a program like winamp.

oscarw_89
  • oscarw_89

Swedish

• Members

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:48 PM Edited by oscarw_89, 22 March 2006 - 06:44 PM.

I made som changes to my stream_import.ini file , so it only would import my new tracks
CODE
[Stream]
basename = HC
lookup_index = 10
num_tracks = 21

[Track_001]
beat_total = 0
filename = Track_001.ogg
length_extra = 48000
length_index = 0

[Track 2-20]....

[Track_021]
beat_total = 0
filename = Track_021.ogg
length_extra = 48000
length_index = 0

ÄDIT: Ooops.. Now i changed my Track list so it would be more likte the original (115 Tracks) but I noticed that the problem pny wast that I used the lookup for sfx sounds, Doh.. So no I dont now if my other play list worked... maby it's still in the recyklebin..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users