Photo

Scarface Chat

60 replies to this topic
Mike_Toreno
  • Mike_Toreno

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:26 PM

user posted image

Who has seen this film? I have, and it's a damn good film. Probably one of the best gangster films I've ever watched. I never get bored of the film, unless I watch it over and over again. But watching it sometimes usually lightens my mood when I'm feeling down. biggrin.gif

So, what's your favourite character? What do you think the best scenes are? etc etc.

Or just come and chat about the film altogether. If you like gangster type films, then I'm sure you'll love Scarface.

Favourite character: Tony Montana ofcourse. tounge.gif (Either him, or his best friend).

Favourite scene(s): The chainesaw bit, and the last scene.

Rayo Puņo
  • Rayo Puņo

• Members

Posted 02 December 2005 - 08:12 PM

jeeah dis film be gangsta fo sho, all mah homies gotz it

Goodfellas is better.

D Jones
  • D Jones

smoked out

• Members

Posted 02 December 2005 - 08:55 PM

Yeah, one of my favorite Al Pacino movies. Is a classic 'Gangster' movie, and has a great background story. I love it, I have the special edition of it smile.gif .

Mike_Toreno
  • Mike_Toreno

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2005 - 08:56 PM

Yes, Al Pacino is a great actor. I escpecially like the film "Donny Brasco". Classic.

Scarface187
  • Scarface187

Putting out the fire with gasoline.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 December 2005 - 10:10 PM

Did someone say my name?!? notify.gif

Anyways, great movie, I stopped watching it for awhile however because its overrated as hell now and is like a must see for wiggers. They all worship it just because rappers like it.

Mike_Toreno
  • Mike_Toreno

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2005 - 10:40 PM

Hehe, I totally forgot about your username Scarface, I should of made it escpecially for you. lol.gif

Anyway, I hate all that Wigga bullsh*t, I'm in to watching "REAL" Gangster films, like Scarface, The Godfather, Pulp Fiction, Donny Brasco, Resevior Dogs, etc.

Not sh*t like "Boys in da Hood". I've seen that before, and then did I realise how sh*t it was. suicidal.gif

Groovy
  • Groovy

General

• The Connection

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:57 PM

Overrated as f*cking hell. Still good, but Carlito's way owns it.

steve-0
  • steve-0

The Forum Misfit

• Members

Posted 03 December 2005 - 12:06 AM

one of the bests films ever made in my opinion.To me its almost as good as the godfather movies but scarface is up there with them.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 03 December 2005 - 01:33 AM

Yeah it is overratted mainly because there was that resurrection of the movie after Vice City and all the 13 year olds finding out about it and saying how "gangsta" it is.

station
  • station

only retro

• Members

Posted 03 December 2005 - 01:39 AM

I laugh everytime when Tony shoots that cop in the stomach. He was f*cking owned. Unexpected wasn't it, mang?

D Jones
  • D Jones

smoked out

• Members

Posted 03 December 2005 - 05:18 AM

I didn't watch it for the "gangsta" way. My father mentioned it to me and he said it's one of his favorite movies, he got the DVD and I watched it. This was only last year, and I liked it.

WidowMaker
  • WidowMaker

Born with a black hat.

• The Precinct

Posted 03 December 2005 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (Rayo Puņo @ Dec 2 2005, 20:12)
jeeah dis film be gangsta fo sho, all mah homies gotz it

Goodfellas is better.

True. But Scarface is still a decent flick, would be better if all these waste of space rappers and wannabe gangsters would stop hyping it as the best thing ever, and the inspiration for their life.

Pachino's acting is way over the top in this movie, if you call shouting all the time acting then, yeah it was an amazing performance. ACTING!

I much prefer him in Carlito's Way, he was much more subdued in that movie, I can't remember one moment when he did his usual, "talking, talking, SHOUTING FOR NO REASON AT ALL!".

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 04 December 2005 - 08:59 AM

Like many others, I think it's a good movie. And like many others, I also think it's overrated by the poser people. I also hate how these posers say "man" like him. Look you aren't cuban, and no matter how much you think you want to be, you really don't want to be.

Awesome acting and directing. The music is very 80's, and the violence is very 70's. Sound leaves more to be desired, but all movies of that time do. I'd give it a 8/10.

Wolfwood
  • Wolfwood

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:15 AM

Yeah, all the imagrents and seekers, etc. over rated it, you know. But overall, it is one hell of a film and I do enjoy watching it time in, time out. It does in fact just get better and better as you watch. Al does a fantastic job and he is a brilliant actor. 'Nuff said.

Mike_Toreno
  • Mike_Toreno

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2005 - 03:36 PM

Yeah, I love his acting.. He does it so well. I also like the way they speak. Cuban accents rawk.

I don't think I have anything particularly negative to say about the film, it's great to watch, funny in some places, and has just the right amount of acton scenes in it.

9/10 I'd give it. xmas.gif

Reincarnated
  • Reincarnated

feels good man

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 05:19 PM

Pacino gave a pretty good performance. He had the accent/dialict? down perfect.

Dr. Stupid
  • Dr. Stupid

Goodbye, little dream goodbye...

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 05:51 PM

I believe Pacino's performance was nominated for an Oscar.
One thing that sort of bugged me is that at the end, he gets shot about 100 times, yet he keeps yelling at the hitmen. Only when the sunglasses dude shoots him with a double-barreled shotgun does he finally die. What makes this feasible? bored.gif

-Dr. Stupid, PhD

Mike_Toreno
  • Mike_Toreno

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2005 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (Dr. Stupid @ Dec 4 2005, 18:51)
I believe Pacino's performance was nominated for an Oscar.
One thing that sort of bugged me is that at the end, he gets shot about 100 times, yet he keeps yelling at the hitmen. Only when the sunglasses dude shoots him with a double-barreled shotgun does he finally die. What makes this feasible? bored.gif

-Dr. Stupid, PhD

I think the directors of the movie to tried to make it show that Tony Montana was the boss. He was untouchable, so they decided to show how powerful he is by absorbing gun bullets. That's what I think anyway.. I liked the end scene, it was really good to watch. Though I also don't think it was real when he was shooting all the hitmen with the M4/AK-47? and he managed to stay alive in all that time. But his acting was superb in the film.

gta_player5
  • gta_player5

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2005 - 06:23 PM

one of my favorite movies, pacino did really good with the cuban accent and makin you believe he was cuban. it had a great background story.

mike, he had an m-16 with grenade launcher add on, and maybe he stayed alive because he did the coke? hear that, if you ever get into a huge gun fight in your house rampage_ani.gif , snort some coke before you do.

ISd3d
  • ISd3d

Member Title

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 December 2005 - 06:58 PM

Carlito's Way was better. Still, 'this town is like a great big pussy, just waiting to get f*cked.'

Alegzander
  • Alegzander

Subtle

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 07:13 PM

3rd favorite film.

The second was Citizen Cane.

The first is the Godfather.

But this one still owns the god damn hell out of joo.

Kippers
  • Kippers

しようがない

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2005 - 08:29 PM

As this is the scarfzace chat and we are meant to discuss our favourite/least favourite scenes i'm not going to put spoilers up.

It was totally uncalled for when Tony shot manny in the stomach just for sleeping with thingy. That bit sucked.

Grossest bit has to be the chainsaw part. You just see all that blood go splat on Tonys face as the arm gets cut off

Best bits have to be when he says all his famous quotes. Like when he blasts the door down and shouts 'Say elo to ma little fre'' Totally rocked And 'You f*ck with me, you f*ckin; with the best'

Damn the movie is just awesome.

Anyone seen the TV editted version? Totally sucks

Police officer: How did you get that scar?

Tony: When eating a pineapple

I'm sorry but wtf?

Groovy
  • Groovy

General

• The Connection

Posted 04 December 2005 - 08:52 PM

What are you talking about, the TV version is so f*cking funny.

Mike_Toreno
  • Mike_Toreno

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:54 PM

There are two versions? What's the difference? blink.gif

station
  • station

only retro

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (Mike_Toreno @ Dec 4 2005, 17:54)
There are two versions? What's the difference? blink.gif

When they play it on the television..they edit some of the scenes/phrases. Just like any ol' movie with adult material in it.

Kippers
  • Kippers

しようがない

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:59 PM Edited by kippers, 05 December 2005 - 12:01 AM.

in the TV version all the bits with swear words have been redone with different words in place of the swear word

Like my example i gave. Tony originally says 'Eating pussy' (If i remeber correctly?) But in the TV edit he says 'Eating a pineapple' Or something like that. And i think the chainsaw bit was cut out, i can't remeber coz it's been ages since i saw it.

EDIT: i've been beaten sad.gif

Reincarnated
  • Reincarnated

feels good man

• Members

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:48 AM

biggrin.gif Eating a pineapple. The only tv version that i've seen that had all everything was on (believe it or not) the history channel lol. monocle.gif

gta_player5
  • gta_player5

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:56 AM

Kippers: it actually goes...

Cop: Howd you get the beauty makr tought guy? eatin pussy?

Tony: how could i get this scar from eatin pussy?
o it was nothin, happened when i was a kid, you shouldve seen the other kid. (chuckles)

Great movie, favorite scene was when they had Elvira in the Cadillac that had leopard print... biggrin.gif

station
  • station

only retro

• Members

Posted 05 December 2005 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE (gta_player5 @ Dec 4 2005, 21:56)
Kippers: it actually goes...

Cop: Howd you get the beauty makr tought guy? eatin pussy?

Tony: how could i get this scar from eatin pussy?
o it was nothin, happened when i was a kid, you shouldve seen the other kid. (chuckles)

Great movie, favorite scene was when they had Elvira in the Cadillac that had leopard print... biggrin.gif

No, the best scene was when they hung that one f*ck from the helicopter.

Nevermind, you said favorite.

Mike_Toreno
  • Mike_Toreno

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2005 - 10:49 AM

Meh.. I like all the scenes, the one where that man was hung from the helicopter wasn't particularly "good", it was only a short clip, not really much action. The chainesaw scene I liked, good tension, action, acting etc.

And yeah.. I hate how they take clips out of films when they show it on public television, it ruins it I think. But then again, they do it because kids watching it. I'm a kid, but I'm not that young ( Almost 14 tounge.gif ).. And I'm allowed to watch/play practically anything. I've always been allowed to play GTA. biggrin.gif

I also like the bit where he shoots that guy and the cop. Great scene I think.

biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users