• epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2015
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2014

Posted 3 weeks ago

I am actually relieved. I originally read that as "Matt LeBlanc threatening to leave if Chris Evans leaves."

Now they can just take the executive decision just to cut Chris Evans, he adds nothing to the show and is the number one complaint of every viewer. Matt, Rory, Chris H and Sabine...I really don't feel like there's anything missing.

What do you guys think of Eddie Jordan? I think he's a good addition. He's not doing anything particularly ground-breaking but he adds some variety, perhaps the best format is more like classic (<2002) Top Gear where different presenters take more prominence in different episodes.
  • El Diablo, Tchuck and Ex Hellraiser like this

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I like this situation. Matt leaves if Chris stays. If that happens, the show is literally over. If Chris leaves, Chris leaves. There is no downside to this.

Eddie, eh. I don't see him having any real purpose on the show. I don't really care one way or the other. At first, I didn't know who he was or that he was actually a permanent presenter, and seeing him kinda pop in for a few minutes every episode confused me at first, and I just kept thinking "Who is this random old guy who can't drive? What is he doing here?"

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

https://www.thesun.c...ed-to-the-kerb/

Thank god. 

To sum this up:

Chris is a control freak

There's going to be a plan he has to stick to next season (or else he's gone)

Chris' "diva act" isn't just pissing us off, it's pissing the crew off as well as the BBC execs.

Matt is seen as the future of the show by BBC execs.

There's going to be talks between Chris and Kate Phillips, and if he doesn't like the changes he's gone.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I hope he goes before tarnishing the Top Gear brand any further.

I can't stand people calling for Top Gear to be cancelled just because Clarkson's not there. If you want Clarkson go and watch the Amazon show, anyone expecting magic out of the first series of a complete revamp is being unrealistic. I like new Top Gear and I think it still has plenty of potential, the show's "lowest ratings ever" are still pretty high ratings in the scheme of things and thankfully they have leveled out.
  • El Diablo, ?!=+_- and Testarossa like this

?!=+_-
  • ?!=+_-

Member Title

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I can't stand people calling for Top Gear to be cancelled just because Clarkson's not there. 

Likewise, Top Gear started without Clarkson and will go on without him. It's his fault in the first place he's gone yet Clarkson fanboys act as if it's the BBC fault, pathetic. I've always been a fan of him since old top gear and I was disappointed at first what happened then got over it.

Fact is if you like anything to do with cars Top Gear is still a good show just with different presenters.

And on the plus side we have a (maybe but most likely) even better car show to come in autumn aswell.

Guess I'm just a glass half full kind of guy.

unbid
  • unbid

Currently into songs with synthesized vocals

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago

https://www.thesun.c...ed-to-the-kerb/

To sum this up:

Chris is a control freak
There's going to be a plan he has to stick to next season (or else he's gone)
Chris' "diva act" isn't just pissing us off, it's pissing the crew off as well as the BBC execs.
Matt is seen as the future of the show by BBC execs.
There's going to be talks between Chris and Kate Phillips, and if he doesn't like the changes he's gone.

Ten bucks for his ego will beat his common sense.

NikoB08
  • NikoB08

👌

• Facade Corporation
  • Indonesia

Posted 2 weeks ago

The funny thing is, they're always publishing "news" like that before or during TG's broadcast run. Afaik, The Sun is basically a TG-hate blog even since the Clarkson-era. And it's a tabloid, so what do you expect?

It's obvious that Evans has a long time relationship with BBC as a broadcaster for their radio programs, so they won't boot him up that quickly. Yeah, he's pretentious and can't seriously drive, but IMO he actually tried to improve himself now, as his recent car review with Zenos-something is surprisingly more decent compared to his previous car reviews. Just give him some time, it's up to him to either improve himself or just give up. It's not like that I'm defending him, but that's some bitter fact (regarding his relationship with BBC).

My only gripes are their car challenges and Star(s) in (Not) Reasonably Priced Rallycross Car. The car challenges sucked, but that's some producer's fault. SINRPRC is too long and the main reason of TG news being cut for Extra Gear, not to mention that every guest stars comes there to promote their featured movies / books / awards / car key / whatever it is and the first car / best car vote which is cringeworthy. The car reviews are awesome, however, especially with Chris Harris car reviews, which has the same vibe with Clarkson-era car reviews.
  • epoxi and Alchemist like this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well, BBC did boot Clarkson over the fracas with that producer. If Evans is showing to be a drama queen, control-freak who is not well liked by the cast, I can see the BBC having no qualms about letting him go/moving him elsewhere.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 2 weeks ago

this is all very amusing.

who knew Chris Evans was such a bitch...

http://www.ibtimes.c...-claims-1568660

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Returning Member 2014
    Lifetime Achievement Award

Posted 2 weeks ago

I think the mistake we made was that we didn't actually know anything about Chris Evans beyond the fact that he had a bunch of old Ferraris.
  • Tchuck and epoxi like this

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by TheMcSame, 2 weeks ago.

It's obvious that Evans has a long time relationship with BBC as a broadcaster for their radio programs, so they won't boot him up that quickly. 

After being consistently shat on by the audience, being disliked not only by the crew, but other Co-Hosts and BBC execs and for likely being the very reason the average amount of viewers per episode for this season is going to be ~1/2 that of every season since 2006 (excluding the 2015 specials)?

Money talks, Chris is heavily disliked. I'm sure the BBC would be more than happy to throw him off the show given the bad rep he has among viewers. Keeping Chris on at this point is a death sentence.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by TheMcSame, 2 weeks ago.

Lmfao, forget all of that. 1.9M overnight viewers for last night's show, although the BBC is putting this down to the France Vs Iceland match, but that's a drop of almost 800k compared to the previous episode's average overnight viewing figures

https://youtu.be/h3Yrhv33Zb8?t=3m11s

At this rate the BBC won't have a problem scrapping the show completely. The figures are just going down more and more by the episode.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 2 weeks ago

...aaand Chris has gone.

http://www.telegraph...sexual-assault/
  • El Diablo, Tchuck, Azazel and 7 others like this

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Car
    Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 2 weeks ago

Didn't see that one coming, really. Thought they were all too full of themselves to realize that something was amiss, and half expected them to just trot on like everything was dandy, all the way until the end of the season.

I hope they bump Chris Harris up.  :^:

• sivispacem and Alchemist like this

MarkT
  • MarkT

Stop wasting your time reading this

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 2 weeks ago

Now, there's hope of getting two watchable car shows.

Yes.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Woohoo!

I guess you can call this Chris Evans's...INDEPENDENCE DAY.
  • Tchuck, Carlover325, Ex Hellraiser and 1 other like this

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

• Zaibatsu
  • Italy
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 2 weeks ago

Incredible, I'm glad he's leaving the show. When does the next season start?

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Returning Member 2014
    Lifetime Achievement Award

Posted 2 weeks ago

...aaand Chris has gone.

/chris-evans-to-leave-top-gear-after-police-launch-sexual-assault/

That is an unfortunate URL. It seems so unfair to Chris Evans.
  • epoxi, OverTheBelow and Alchemist like this

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

So Matt is confirmed to be the sole main presenter, with no plans to add another for now. Hopefully, after this next season, they put Chris and Rory in the studio with him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users