Top Gear topic

2,049 replies to this topic
East_On_Bimmer_St
  • East_On_Bimmer_St

It's the Albanian rozzers!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

I don't see how they can start a new car show, unless they do it on another channel other than BBC. Doesn't seem possible to make one on another channel that features in all countries like BBC and still remains relevant. 

Moth
  • Moth

Baka Senpai

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 5 days ago

It's possible they have a "do not compete" clause in their contract.

• El Diablo likes this

unbid
  • unbid

We retrieve your impounded car for free!

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 4 days ago

I find this funny and related:

• epoxi, The_Ghost and Testarossa like this

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

I don't see how they can start a new car show, unless they do it on another channel other than BBC. Doesn't seem possible to make one on another channel that features in all countries like BBC and still remains relevant. 

Sky might look into having them. They can easily redo a top gear format.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2014

Posted 3 days ago

Sky might look into having them.

Sources at Sky have told gossip website Popbitch that despite Clarkson's close relationship with the Murdoch empire, he won't find a home on the network.

The website says: "Sources at Sky say despite its closeness to the Murdoch empire (column in the Sun; friend of Rebekah Brooks) they'd have some problems offering him a deal. Legal problems."

It goes on to say that Sky could face legal problems if they hired Clarkson - who was sacked after punching producer Oisin Tymon as part of a tirade of abuse - after the network sacked Andy Gray and Richard Keys for their "unacceptable and offensive behaviour".

Popbitch claims the pair's legal teams could revisit their case should Clarkson be hired, making Sky's position tricky.

http://www.mirror.co...mantled-5412114

Testarossa
  • Testarossa

#BringBackClarkson

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Mexico
  • Best Concept DLC 2014

Posted A day ago Edited by Testarossa, A day ago.

Here's a picture of the Indestructible Hilux going some place unknown... Storage perhaps?

eq3holj-55185cc3dc803.jpg

• El Diablo, ddyoung and Ezza. like this

The_Ghost
  • The_Ghost

Drunken Cowboy. You'll be missed.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A day ago

The BBC shot themselves on the foot with this decision. Jeremy, James, and Richard should go on ITV or Channel 4.

• ddyoung and thedriver111 like this

Moth
  • Moth

Baka Senpai

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted A day ago

The BBC shot themselves on the foot with this decision. Jeremy, James, and Richard should go on ITV or Channel 4.

Like I said, they probably can't. They most certainly have a "do not compete" clause in their contracts.

They will probably have to wait a few years before they have a chance at making another Top Gear like show.

• The_Ghost likes this

The_Ghost
  • The_Ghost

Drunken Cowboy. You'll be missed.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A day ago

Like I said, they probably can't. They most certainly have a "do not compete" clause in their contracts.

They will probably have to wait a few years before they have a chance at making another Top Gear like show.

I doubt it though. It would be a tough process.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2014

Posted A day ago

The History Channel must be quaking in their boots about their latest acquisition, much of the Fifth Gear team must be on the shortlist for poaching.

Not that they'll take many of them, but the BBC will be looking for a tried and tested presenter to build a solid foundation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users