Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Returning Member 2014
    Lifetime Achievement Award

Posted A week ago

Gee, I'd rather do a tribute to Citroën than Peugeot.  It's all really been Citroën and Renault that have been on the forefronts of French car makers.  Peugeot just sticks to what works.

I guess I am a bit biased, though, since I own two Citroëns.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted A week ago

Peugeot have made some truly outstanding cars. Just not for a really, really long time.
  • The_Ghost and thedriver111 like this

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted A week ago

Peugeot have made some truly outstanding cars. Just not for a really, really long time.

They did indeed.  Just weren't pushing the envelope as much as Citroën.  I have driven an old Peugeot, and it was excellent.

• The_Ghost likes this

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

We are Diamond Dogs...

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted A week ago Edited by D3ADSH0T, A week ago.

Busy watching the new episode. Really enjoyed it, one of my best eps! I f*ckin loved the part where they played Kavinsky's - Roadgame :D

Edit: BTW, Ferrari and Mclaren are full of sh*t for not letting them test the friggin cars!
  • sebcreed likes this

IanE55
  • IanE55

Daft Punk Is Playing At My House

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Mexico
  • Best Concept DLC 2014

Posted A week ago

They played Blizzard last week!

I loved the Peugeot tribute, it was pretty funny. :p

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

We are Diamond Dogs...

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted A week ago

Is it featured on episode 5? Coz I'm probably half way through. They just introduced the star in their reasonably priced car.

IanE55
  • IanE55

Daft Punk Is Playing At My House

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Mexico
  • Best Concept DLC 2014

Posted A week ago

Is it featured on episode 5? Coz I'm probably half way through. They just introduced the star in their reasonably priced car.

At the beginning of the BMW M3 and i8 review.

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

We are Diamond Dogs...

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted A week ago Edited by D3ADSH0T, A week ago.

Last weeks episode? Oh I've watched that but I can't remember the Peugoet tribute :/ that's why I thought it was featured on the latest one from yesterday.

Edit: @IanE55 - You lie! Its on this episode :D Jeremy is in some desert driving one now. :lol:

Double Edit: That was a seriously funny episode yesterday damn! Especially that Peugoet tribute! :lol:

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted A week ago

Edit: BTW, Ferrari and Porsche and Mclaren are full of sh*t for not letting them test the friggin cars!

Nothing wrong with Porsche, they are more than willing to have them test the car.  It's only McLaren and Ferrari that have problems.  Also the only two that sent bodyguards.

• sebcreed likes this

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

We are Diamond Dogs...

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted A week ago

Edit: BTW, Ferrari and Porsche and Mclaren are full of sh*t for not letting them test the friggin cars!

Nothing wrong with Porsche, they are more than willing to have them test the car.  It's only McLaren and Ferrari that have problems.  Also the only two that sent bodyguards.
Yeah sorry, I re-watched it and heard that I was wrong.

East_On_Bimmer_St
  • East_On_Bimmer_St

It's the Albanian rozzers!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by East_On_Bimmer_St, A week ago.

Okay so for me, episode 4 is one of those times where you never actually see the full episode but you see it in chronologically incorrect segments and eventually piece everything together. Well, the episode is great, but the info on my cable does say that they review the M4 instead of the M3.

280urmp.jpg

Will Smith and Margot Robbie were great. Will is so great at being comedic on the spot, which is why he's one of my favorite actors and I was looking forward to seeing him.

The_Ghost
  • The_Ghost

McLaren Fanboy

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 6 days ago Edited by The_Ghost, 6 days ago.

Damn, that Peugeot segment is just too funny with Jeremy saying "MANIAC" everytime a car passes. The LaFerrari segment is just beautifully shot and is proof that James can actually drive. It just sucks that both Ferrari and McLaren won't lend both of their cars due to a disagreement between the two. The C7 vs Cayman was a great review, it was so hard for Richard to choose between the two of them. Probably the best in this series so far. 9/10

The_Ghost
  • The_Ghost

McLaren Fanboy

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 6 days ago Edited by The_Ghost, 6 days ago.

I'm gonna guess their doing the Laferrari, the Cayman, the 308, and the C7?
They're doing a "tribute" to Peugeot.

I can't see why, then again Peugeot's don't come to my country.

Peugeot used to make great cars such as the 505 GTi and the 205 T16 in which is made for Group B Homologation and eventually won 2 back-to-back World Rally Titles in the hands of Timo Salonen and Juha Kankkunen. And yes, they now make terrible and ugly cars. Even here in the Philippines, Peugeot is not looked that much if you compare to other European brands like VW and BMW.

• IanE55 likes this

East_On_Bimmer_St
  • East_On_Bimmer_St

It's the Albanian rozzers!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

I'm gonna guess their doing the Laferrari, the Cayman, the 308, and the C7?
They're doing a "tribute" to Peugeot.

I can't see why, then again Peugeot's don't come to my country.

Peugeot used to make great cars such as the 505 GTi and the 205 T16 in which is made for Group B Homologation and eventually won 2 back-to-back World Rally Titles in the hands of Timo Salonen and Juha Kankkunen. And yes, they now make terrible and ugly cars. Even here in the Philippines, Peugeot is not looked that much if you compare to other European brands like VW and BMW.
the VW bug was the most iconic car in my eyes and I loved seeing it in the Cars of the People. I knows that's irrelevant but still

The_Ghost
  • The_Ghost

McLaren Fanboy

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 6 days ago

They did indeed.  Just weren't pushing the envelope as much as Citroën.  I have driven an old Peugeot, and it was excellent.

There is no other French car as iconic as a Citroen 2CV.  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users