Others say March.

Hehehehehe

I will never get American humour.

gagemb9918
  • gagemb9918

It's the Albanian rozzers!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:34 PM Edited by gagemb9918, 20 September 2014 - 01:34 PM.

When is the next season coming out??? I hate waiting for it

Rumours say January.
Others say March.

Hehehehehe

Im imitating the introduction of the Stig.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:55 PM

Rumours say January.
Others say March.

Hehehehehe

That's not how the introduction of the Stig goes.

Syntax: 'Some say that FACT 1 and that FACT 2'.  No usage of 'rumours' or 'others'.

• Outcast, Azazel, Ciaran and 1 other like this

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:20 PM

Rumours say January.
Others say March.

Hehehehehe

That's not how the introduction of the Stig goes.

Syntax: 'Some say that FACT 1 and that FACT 2'.  No usage of 'rumours' or 'others'.

You tell him, Svup.

IanE55
  • IanE55

Stuck in Vice City.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Mexico

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:39 AM Edited by IanE55, 24 September 2014 - 12:40 AM.

gagemb9918
  • gagemb9918

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:31 PM

~snip~

Here's the flaw in his idea.

k99pu8.jpg

ARCTICvnc
  • ARCTICvnc

Veritas

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:49 AM Edited by ARCTICvnc, 25 September 2014 - 03:50 AM.

What are you guys' favourite episode?

It's kinda sad to see the direction of Top Gear after series 14 but I still watch it.

My favorite episode has to be the one of the Hammer Head iEagle Thrust.

Thank god for Streetfire....

I've seen every single episode probably more than once 

IanE55
  • IanE55

Stuck in Vice City.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Mexico

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:50 AM

Favorite episode would have to be the Vietnam Special.

• ddyoung likes this

ARCTICvnc
  • ARCTICvnc

Veritas

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:53 AM

Definitely up there. 

Probably the one I laughed most.

gagemb9918
  • gagemb9918

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:21 PM

Definitely up there. 

Probably the one I laughed most.

I can't decide which one I laughed at the most. The Lorry episode and the Construction worker episode was pretty damn funny. I was on a Youtube Top Gear spree last night until about 1:30 AM.

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:40 PM

If you asked me to pick a favorite episode, I simply can't. There are too many I enjoy too much. Almost all the specials are amazing and the regular episodes are funny as well.

gagemb9918
  • gagemb9918

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:14 PM

If you asked me to pick a favorite episode, I simply can't. There are too many I enjoy too much. Almost all the specials are amazing and the regular episodes are funny as well.

Remember the episode when they "revealed" the Stig and it was Michael Schumacher?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:11 PM

Stand-out one for me was Britcar 24 at Silverstone in a £10k diesel 3-series.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:52 PM Edited by W2B, 26 September 2014 - 07:07 PM.

Very hard to pick a favourite episode because there are just too many good ones.

One that stands out for me is when they tried to find the source of the Nile.

Also the classic car rally in Spain.

Loved the car-boat challenge, the classic British car challenge (the one with the egg yolks and stuff), the truck driving challenge, Bugatti Veyron, Japan.... Too many!

IanE55
  • IanE55

Stuck in Vice City.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Mexico

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:02 AM

The Top Gear crew were forced out of Argentina after a Falklands War Joke:

It’s rare for a series of Top Gear to come and go without someone taking offence, but for the boys’ latest effort, controversy has come before it’s even hit TV screens. The offence was caused while filming in Argentina, with Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May driving a Porsche 928, Ford Mustang and Lotus Esprit in the country. The 928 - driven by Clarkson - had a number plate reading ‘H982 FKL’ which was interpreted by some as a reference to the Falklands War, a conflict between Britain and Argentina over the Falklands Islands in 1982.

screen-shot-2014-10-03-at-11.0-542e76c28

10616502_10152312928581175_988-542ecaf73

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 04 October 2014 - 06:16 AM

The Argentinians should learn not to take offence to Falklands war references. After all, it was their resounding defeat that caused the military Junta to fall and them to become a democratic nation. They should be thanking us.
  • IanE55 likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:32 PM

It's not either appropiate to go making jokes about a matter Argentinians still today take so personally. Besides, it's not the first time this kind of stuff happen with Top Gear, they were clearly seeking for it.

About the question of our favourite episode, it'd be nearly imposible to choose. I laughed my ass off with the one they had to build their own motorhomes but the road trip ones are really nice.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:54 PM Edited by Svip, 04 October 2014 - 06:32 PM.

The Argentinians should learn not to take offence to Falklands war references. After all, it was their resounding defeat that caused the military Junta to fall and them to become a democratic nation. They should be thanking us.

They view the military junta as a failure, because it failed to captured the Falklands.  So their view remains of the UK as the enemy.

But regardless of a rational argument, the point is that Top Gear should definitely be aware of this.  They claim the number plate was accidental, but they should have known and thus replaced it, if they did not really intend to offend.

So either they are stupid or lying.

Edit: I realised my post made it seemed I on the side of the offended Argentinians; I am not.  Someone clearly stirred up some sh*t for - perhaps - political reasons to distract the public.  But I still believe Top Gear should have known before it was pointed out to them (when it was changed) that it would be/could have been a problem.  But I definitely do not condone stoning.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:01 PM

the stoning was ignorant.

Top Gear chaps and producers not recognizing the significance of their number plate was equally ignorant.

let's all make friends over tea.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:25 AM

If you want to take risks and make fun of something very harmful for the Argentinians fine, but remember you can get you ass beaten. 

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:26 AM

If you want to take risks and make fun of something very harmful for the Argentinians fine, but remember you can get you ass beaten. 

I actually believe Top Gear wasn't completely aware of the severity.  Don't try to explain with malice what can accurately be explained with stupidity.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:35 AM Edited by SouthLand, 06 October 2014 - 10:36 AM.

I actually believe Top Gear wasn't completely aware of the severity.  Don't try to explain with malice what can accurately be explained with stupidity.

Oh come on... They have been doing this for years now. Look what happened when they went to India or what happened when the Top Gear guys said sh*t about Mexicans.

I bet they don't have the balls to drive around Belfast provoking Republicans.

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Big Homie

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:40 AM

Those silly Argentines think the H982 FKL plate was fake but it's been on the Porsche since 1991

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:18 AM

Oh come on... They have been doing this for years now. Look what happened when they went to India or what happened when the Top Gear guys said sh*t about Mexicans.

You think the Mexican news segment was scripted?  Most of their offence is particularly due to stupidity.  The number plate on the Porsche would be too a clever joke for Top Gear.  And I'd like to point out that neither Indians nor Mexicans threw stones at Top Gear, both whom they actually intentionally offended.

Also what ZeusMowat_278 said; the number plate had been on that car since 1991 and the moment it was point out to them, they removed the number plate.  But none of this matters, all the Argentinians wanted was a distraction.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:18 PM

You think the Mexican news segment was scripted?  Most of their offence is particularly due to stupidity.  The number plate on the Porsche would be too a clever joke for Top Gear.  And I'd like to point out that neither Indians nor Mexicans threw stones at Top Gear, both whom they actually intentionally offended.

Also what ZeusMowat_278 said; the number plate had been on that car since 1991 and the moment it was point out to them, they removed the number plate.  But none of this matters, all the Argentinians wanted was a distraction.

Ill put it another way. You come to my house with a "Estelada" tied to your neck and don't be surprised if ask you to leave. I like Top Gear and making fun of everybody is part of the program, but provoking about a war where many people died is out of the picture. 

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:26 PM Edited by Svip, 06 October 2014 - 12:35 PM.

Ill put it another way. You come to my house with a "Estelada" tied to your neck and don't be surprised if ask you to leave. I like Top Gear and making fun of everybody is part of the program, but provoking about a war where many people died is out of the picture. 

I don't fully disagree, but I don't believe Top Gear intentionally did that this time.  Particularly considering that the BBC had warned the production team not to beforehand.  I fully believe it was a mistake.

Unfortunately, the UK doesn't appear to have a simple website where you can look up number plates and some information about the registration and the car without paying for it.  Although, one site claimed H982 FLK to be registered for a blue Honda CBR600F, which is a motorbike.  But since the site doesn't say when it was registered, it's hard to say really.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users