Photo

Which is better Xbox or ps2?

15 replies to this topic
Persian man
  • Persian man

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 November 2005 - 04:47 PM

Sorry if this has bean asked before or whatever but I was wondering if san andreas is better on xbox or ps2?

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 27 November 2005 - 04:51 PM

Xbox has some better features like user track radio and shorter load time, nicer graphics.

QUOTE (pdescobar)
There are also minor control differences because of differences in the standard controllers and some glitches differ, too (e.g. xbox fixes the interior/vigilante glitch but introduces the "cars always dirty" glitch). But the only substantial differences that I can recall are that the xbox allows a "user track" type radio station and it has a limited replay feature. From my experience, the replay thing sounds a whole lot cooler than it actually is; I almost never bother with it nowadays.

So, yeah. They're really about the same.

BjC
  • BjC

Hard as F#ck

• Members

Posted 27 November 2005 - 04:56 PM

excuse me but I do believe the xbox owns... rah.gif

Persian man
  • Persian man

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 November 2005 - 05:02 PM

Well I have a ps2 allready and its my second one anyway i dont know for christmas i should get another ps2 cause my ps2 has a weak laser and it cant really read disks's that good , so do you think i should get a xbox or another ps2 cause im also going to get san andreas so i was wondering which system i should get it for, what do you guys think i should get?

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 27 November 2005 - 05:08 PM

Get a PS3 in the spring; it will play your old GTA games, and the new one that will probably come out in the fall.... If you are getting a new copy of San Andreas, PC would be best.

Persian man
  • Persian man

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 November 2005 - 05:54 PM

I want to get a Ps3 but i Cant spend alot of money cause i bought the psp a while ago so my parents arent gonna let me buy something expensive as the ps3 for a long time so i was thinking i shgould get xbox and get san andreas cause both ps2's I bought broke and i dont really think the next one i get is gonna last long and i heard that xbox's last long.

Tim Dog
  • Tim Dog

Penicillin On Wax

• Members

Posted 29 November 2005 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Mxyzptlk @ Nov 27 2005, 17:08)
Get a PS3 in the spring; it will play your old GTA games, and the new one that will probably come out in the fall.... If you are getting a new copy of San Andreas, PC would be best.

It will play old GTA games? Where did you find that information?
I have asked about that before and a guy replied that it is not possible because PS3 is using a different engine.

«Phobos»
  • «Phobos»

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 November 2005 - 06:20 PM

If you want to play GTA SA with the best graphics, sound and best everything you got to use a PC, it´s the best for this kinds of games.
Now aswering your question i heard that for Gta Sa the best console is the Xbox.

rahkstar2.gif

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 29 November 2005 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (Tim Dog @ Nov 29 2005, 11:55)
QUOTE (Mxyzptlk @ Nov 27 2005, 17:08)

I have asked about that before and a guy replied that it is not possible because PS3 is using a different engine.

E3 2005 unveiling tech specs...

Disc Media

CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)

DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW

Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2005 - 06:28 PM

Xbox as a slight edge in graphics but the pc version is by far, I believe, has the best as someone stated earlier... It was in an article in PC Gaming about which is the best version, and the PC won...

ArturP
  • ArturP

The Mafia from Poland

• Members

Posted 29 November 2005 - 06:39 PM

It will be compatible back so it will be possible to play games from PS1 and PS2.

On-topic: I have SA on PS2 and PC.On PS2 is much better. On PC it has weird driving physics and I don't like PC graphic. I don't know about Xbox version, but you should wait for PS3.

[spitfire]
  • [spitfire]

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2005 - 07:10 PM

Check the link below. It has some usefully information, which might help you to decide.

http://www.xbreporte...mecube.php?vo=5

firmy
  • firmy

GTA GURU

• Members

Posted 01 December 2005 - 11:44 AM

Personally i think the ps2 version is better because i havent played the X-box version biggrin.gif die.gif rahkstar2.gif

firmy
  • firmy

GTA GURU

• Members

Posted 01 December 2005 - 11:44 AM

Personally i think the ps2 version is better because i havent played the X-box version :D :die: :r*:

ikillionaire ii
  • ikillionaire ii

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:54 PM Edited by ikillionaire ii, 29 February 2012 - 11:32 PM.

I played a while back on ps2 and being a bit of a graphics noob i couldnt overlook the
However i have decided i will get on xbox so im at least used to controller im using etc

Not expecting graphics to be much different great if they are just wondering though are there any graphical differences between the xbox disc or the download?
The download is still quite costly so id op for disc unless they graphics are somehow better on the download version

Anyone know? Thanks

You really moved my topic to a 2005 one bit petty tbh but whatevs
And im not comparing ps2 and xbox
Im comparing xbox disc to xbox download?
As i said i dont see a logical reason for their to be a difference but they could have slightly adjusted download version

dansgas1000
  • dansgas1000

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

PC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users