Photo

[WIP | SCR] GTA- Criminal Sanctuary

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic
Panzar
  • Panzar

GTA:CS Team Leader

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 05:00 PM Edited by Panzar, 29 November 2005 - 12:18 AM.

Want to join the team? No problem, everyone is welcome. SEE BOTTOM OF POST FOR DETAILS!!!

OVERALL PROGRESS- = 0.2%

To keep you updated, here are the latest screens. Its not much, but it is a start dozingoff.gif

Official Land Map:
user posted image

Volcano Island Starter Screens:
...... Volcano Island cool.gif ...... Mid-Top of Volcano .......... Top of Volcano ............. Volcano&Base Hwy.
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Welcome to GTA:Criminal Sanctuary- A TOTAL CONVERSION for Vice City that converts the game completely-
NOT A CMP (Community Mapping Project)

-Brand new story line.
-Many new car and player models.
-New environments for you to play in. (Mountains, Beaches, Forests, Etc.)
-More interiors and options for you to choose from. (Menus)
-Multiple skins and models that you can choose to play from, each having their own unique story line.
-And generally, anything else that Rockstar didn't take into consideration to make your gaming experience more enjoyable.

Current Staff Members
Panzar- Author of Mod *prime
Tempest- Mapper, Junior lol.gif SCM Coder (Author)

JOINING THE MODDING TEAM FOR GTA:CS

If you are interested on joining the team, you can post here, e-mail me here, or MSN me at [email protected]

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 November 2005 - 05:27 PM

If you are going to create a topic in the Map Showroom you need to show evidence of your modifications existence, either through the use of screenshots/renders/videos etc. Otherwise your topic may as well be moved to the Recruits & Requests Forum because the main content of your post relates to recruiting members. I'll leave it here for a short time but if you do not show any progress it will be moved to the Recruits & Requests Forum.

In regards to some points you made, I don't know how familiar with GTA modding and projects of this size but you can never have too many members of your team. People quickly get bored, because its a lengthy project. You will be very lucky to get anywhere near the amount of modders you mentioned due to the aforementioned point.

I wouldn't recommend mentioning beta testers at this stage unless you have something in-game already, you will receive nagging PM's/emails with people wanting to test it for you.

As a team leader I'm guessing you can at least model/texture quite well, you will be the driving force behind the team. People dislike it when the team leader has little to no modding capabilities because they end up doing very little work.

How much modding experience do you actually have?

Anyway be sure to get some progress pictures up quickly, as this thread will be moved otherwise.

Panzar
  • Panzar

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 05:33 PM Edited by Panzar, 28 November 2005 - 05:31 AM.

As a team leader I'm guessing you can at least model/texture quite well, you will be the driving force behind the team. People dislike it when the team leader has little to no modding capabilities because they end up doing very little work.

How much modding experience do you actually have?

I happen to be an expert at mostly any form of modding, almost perfect biggrin.gif

Anyway be sure to get some progress pictures up quickly, as this thread will be moved otherwise.

To let you know, I am working hard with my other member to start with the mod. If you want, you can move this post.... tounge2.gif but just know that I am working, updates to come cool.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 November 2005 - 05:47 PM

Moved

You should show some of your modding capabilities in this topic, otherwise it will look like you cannot mod despite what you say and no-one iwll be intrested in joining your mod. Anyone can say they can mod without showing any evidence, some evidence would be nice for people thinking about joining.

Panzar
  • Panzar

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:36 PM Edited by Panzar, 28 November 2005 - 05:57 AM.

tounge.gif

-Engage
  • -Engage

we are the sound

• Members

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:49 AM

So what you're planning to do is transform Vice into a multi climatic ... land? I mean, you can't find polar bears in the tropics. Second, the 3rd screen shows newspapers on the top of the volcano. I can understand the natives using paper for household purposes, but newspapers confused.gif ?

Other than that, sounds pretty intriguing. Good luck with it.

Panzar
  • Panzar

• Members

Posted 28 November 2005 - 09:28 PM

So what you're planning to do is transform Vice into a multi climatic ... land?

yes, we are going to, with as you said different climates and different animals, much different then the average GTA tounge.gif . Also, each environment will have its own special animals, an NO, there will be no polar bears in the tropics lol.gif

Second, the 3rd screen shows newspapers on the top of the volcano. I can understand the natives using paper for household purposes, but newspapers confused.gif ?

well, you will not be able to see the newspapers when there are flames on where the existing lava texture is, and we are working on a volcano interior that has flames around the edges so that you need to be fireproof to enter cool.gif

Other than that, sounds pretty intriguing. Good luck with it.

thanks, it is in my opinion an original idea smile.gif

Fro
  • Fro

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 November 2005 - 09:43 PM

I'm sorry to say this, but you're ambitions are too high. And your modelling needs work.

Panzar
  • Panzar

• Members

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (Fro @ Nov 30 2005, 17:43)
I'm sorry to say this, but you're ambitions are too high. And your modelling needs work.

wow so optimistic *sarcasm* and who gives a dam noob

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (Panzar @ Nov 30 2005, 23:02)
QUOTE (Fro @ Nov 30 2005, 17:43)

wow so optimistic *sarcasm* and who gives a dam noob

umm, i think he has a point, because i mean.. the Square volcano man is just.. wow, suck a work of art, such beuty and detail!!

and the hieght and texture detail is outstanding also, same applies for your map...

but the map plan looks ok smile.gif

- M57

Panzar
  • Panzar

• Members

Posted 01 December 2005 - 12:37 AM Edited by Panzar, 01 December 2005 - 01:33 AM.

whatever man, just a basic pic, but thanks for the positive comments

the_king
  • the_king

"Rollin's a ritual" "Smokin's a style&q

• Members

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:50 PM

I think this mod looks kind of cool cool.gif

NismoBNR32
  • NismoBNR32

ニスモ

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:01 PM

the idea is cool and original, but i agree with what Mon57 said, plus there aren't any animals in VC so i dunno how are u guys gonna work that out if it's gonna be possible at all

Mr Killer
  • Mr Killer

Upside-down circle

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:45 PM

The idea is good. It reminds me of Myriad Islands and Hawaii.

I agree with Engage, you are going to have to edit the particles.txd file and somehow remove the newspapers, because newspapers + volcano does not fit.

PlatinumSerb
  • PlatinumSerb

• Members

Posted 10 December 2005 - 01:52 AM

Why not just edit the cull.ipl(?) file? tounge.gif Good luck with this...

Tales.NL
  • Tales.NL

Proud VCSA fan

• Members

Posted 10 December 2005 - 10:40 PM

nice screens and nice island !

boofhead_racer
  • boofhead_racer

<SK> | Aussie Adam

• Members

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:10 AM

for the animals just replace one of the peds with a animal model and give it new animations

SnoopDo2G
  • SnoopDo2G

Gta's Don Doggy

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:27 PM

Must be dead ?! isn't it ? sleepy.gif one and half year later.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users