Heli in the Garage!

130 replies to this topic
*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:51 PM

Sorry mate... I thought if you said something different that was ok... I'll edit in future... ooops!

Its no problem, youre pretty new so im sure youre not so used to the rules yet.
PS welcome to the forums.

prestonpond
  • prestonpond

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:41 PM

edisoncarter posted:

"A little news on what else is in the game. There IS a Dodo, but it doesn't have any propulsion. It's the GTA3 style Dodo with the clipped wings. I was hoping they would have left in the Sea Skimmer, my favorite from Vice City. Visually, the prop is turning all the time, and you can get in and turn the rudder and stuff, but there's no response to the trottle. We'll need to try rolling it down a mountain or something and find out if it's a glider. Maybe I can figure out a hack to give it forward thrust somehow. I was really hoping for airplanes in this game."

Even though there's no response to the throttle do you think you could post a save with the dodo in the garage?

cat33
  • cat33

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (prestonpond @ Nov 27 2005, 22:41)
edisoncarter posted:

"A little news on what else is in the game. There IS a Dodo, but it doesn't have any propulsion. It's the GTA3 style Dodo with the clipped wings. I was hoping they would have left in the Sea Skimmer, my favorite from Vice City. Visually, the prop is turning all the time, and you can get in and turn the rudder and stuff, but there's no response to the trottle. We'll need to try rolling it down a mountain or something and find out if it's a glider. Maybe I can figure out a hack to give it forward thrust somehow. I was really hoping for airplanes in this game."

Even though there's no response to the throttle do you think you could post a save with the dodo in the garage?

Seriously!! wow this is cool where is the Dodo at??!! Now when edisoncarter came out with the file with the Helicopter it blew everyone away IF HE DOES THIS HE WILL BE LIKE A GTA GOD or something

genosyde
  • genosyde

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:10 AM

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif Can he do it?

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:44 AM

Hmm I believe someone asked if they had tried landing on one of the ferries?

user posted image

user posted image

Excuse the utterly bad screenshots but my extremly basic Kodak camera does not like the PSP screen. Anyway you can land on it but when its moving its like running on a treadmill. The boat's floor does flicker a bit and the front part of the boat is only semi-solid.

edisoncarter
  • edisoncarter

Goon

• Members

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:11 AM

Yeah, the ferry is weird. It's like a treadmill, but I'm not sure it was pushing me in the right direction considering which way the ferry was going.

I probably can't do snow. It looks like a mission script.

You can now get the Hunter and Dodo with CheatDevice v0.1 here:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=224457

The Hunter seems fully functional except it's missing the chain gun.

I pushed the Dodo down the mountain and it seemed like it might have some glider properties, but it was hard to tell. Looks promising. The Dodo wouldn't have been very useful spawning in a garage since you need to have it somewhere high to push it down, so I waited for the release of CheatDevice.

gtablood
  • gtablood

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (cat33 @ Nov 25 2005, 01:09)
Has he posted the game save yet?

yeah he posted it already try it out

Jérémie Blanc
  • Jérémie Blanc

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (edisoncarter @ Nov 27 2005, 21:11)
The Hunter seems fully functional except it's missing the chain gun.

rampage_ani.gif

To use the chain gun, press X+Square while flying the Hunter, but I've never tried killing anyone with it though, so I'm not sure of that's gonna work.........

rod wood
  • rod wood

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 March 2006 - 05:51 AM

I don't want to get my nose too brown but you are a god amongst men. biggrin.gif

LordQuas431
  • LordQuas431

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE (rod wood @ Mar 19 2006, 05:51)
I don't want to get my nose too brown but you are a god amongst men. biggrin.gif

You just bumped a nearl 5month old topic....

cheese12
  • cheese12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (edisoncarter @ Nov 24 2005, 18:08)
When GTA:LCS came out, I figured one of the first things to edit would be the save files, but like everything else on the PSP, they're encrypted. I've been working off and on since the game released to try to get into the savefile to edit it, and now a month later I finally got in! I'll be able to do even more with this than I did in San Andreas, but first off, time to edit helicopters into garages.

There are lots of buildings without roofs to explore, and some city blocks are unpainted inside. I found an island of rubble inside one.

This savefile is with a Police Maveric in the Staunton Garage. Unzip it to your memory card and the files should end up in PSP/SAVEDATA/ULUS10041S0. It replaces your first game save. Use the supplied PCJ 600 to push your helicopter out of the garage.
US/Canada version: http://www.maxbot.co...iInGarageUS.zip
UK/Europe version: http://www.maxbot.co...iInGarageUK.zip
(thanks to ADePSP for help with the UK version!)

It looks like it's easier to get it out with a car. Before opening the garage door, go out to the street and get a car. Get the PCJ out of the garage and park the car in the back behind the helicopter, then turn the heli's tail to one side with your head. Get in the car and push it out.

Video of pushing the heli out with a car in under 3 minutes. I really should have pushed the tail to the other side.
http://www.maxbot.co...ushingItOut.wmv

Videos:
http://www.maxbot.co...HeliFlight1.wmv
http://www.maxbot.com/gta/JoyRide.wmv

user posted image
Hmm, better choose a better garage to spawn it in...

user posted image
That's better

user posted image
15 minutes of shoving with a PCJ 600 (only takes a few minutes with a car)

user posted image
Ready to go!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I know this isn't the right place but edision, how do u get cheats to your psp on cheatsync and by the way, well done on the heli, u deserve another star rampage_ani.gif sigh.gif biggrin.gif sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users