130 replies to this topic
K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 26 November 2005 - 10:16 AM Edited by K^2, 26 November 2005 - 05:42 PM.

QUOTE (edisoncarter @ Nov 25 2006, 19:16)
@K^2: I actually don't know what the encryption algorithm is, but I don't need to know.  I just call the PSP's own encryption libraries and they do whatever it is.

Interesting. Dump of the PSP firmware + R4000 emulator with debugger? Or am I missing something?

Edit: There is a 128 bit sequence at 0x55D in PARAM.SFO, which is most likely the key. I can go over the few standart algorithms to see if one of them will fit, but I don't know exactly what I'm looking for.

Edit: I'd try Advanced Encryption Standart for a cypher. It commonly uses 128 bit key, sufficiently widespread, and sufficiently secure for this particular use. Provided with a key, it is fairly easy to decypher, but I would need the decyphered copy of DATA.BIN along with a cyphered copy to work out a few lookup tables.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 November 2005 - 10:28 AM

This already got a little boreding

Then go away.

@everybody, if you still want to use the pcj to get the heli from the garage, ive got a lil tip that makes it a bit quicker.
Drive the pcj backwards.
Turn the heli sideways by walking into it, then use the pcj and back into it, it seems to slide a bit quicker because of the lower reverse gear.
It took me 3 minutes.

gohan__14
  • gohan__14

[UVA]G-Rider

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 11:51 AM

Edinson you're the god.Thank you very much.The save works fine.

ADePSP
  • ADePSP

A wonderful drug dealin' theathin' murderer...

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 02:30 PM

This is brilliant... I've got my own helicopter in my own save game...

I can't thank you enough edison... You've turned the job of searching for the remaining hidden packages so much easier and 1000x more fun...

Thanks again man... Respect!!!!!!!!!

GTAFool12
  • GTAFool12

Custom Member Title

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 03:28 PM

Im starting to get suspicious of you Edison Carter. Do you work at R*? You build up massive amounts of hype on a game at the perfect moments. But I am not complaining.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 November 2005 - 03:53 PM

If he worked at R*, he probably wouldnt need to hack into the game.

gohan__14
  • gohan__14

[UVA]G-Rider

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (*MURDOC* @ Nov 26 2005, 15:53)
If he worked at R*, he probably wouldnt need to hack into the game.

Yeah,i agry with you.Why he would crack the game if he work in rockstar?If he worked in rockstar he would probobly know how to edit files and put them into lcs.Oh if he worked in rockstar he would post a mod or a patch,not a some save file.

ADePSP
  • ADePSP

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 04:01 PM Edited by ADePSP, 26 November 2005 - 04:13 PM.

Ive just had an idea...

What if, instead of changing the vehicle id of a car in one of your garages to the helicopter you changed the vehicle id of the car that spawns at the car saleman mission building (Hellenbach GT)...

I've no idea if this is possible but you have to complete the car salesman missions to have the Hellenbach GT spawn there and before you do it's some other car... It all depends on wether the vehicle id of what should spawn there is stored in the savegame file or just a flag that says you have done the salesman missions...

If this works you would have a permenant re-spawning heli forever...

Just a thought...!

EDIT! Hey, the savegame also stores things you've unlocked that appear in the multiplayer game... I wonder if edison could get a helicopter in multiplayer mode...?

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 26 November 2005 - 04:36 PM

While it is a good idea, and it might work, here are a few things that bother me:

a) Does the saved game file actually contain the ID of the vehicle that is spawned conditionally, or just a flag enabling the spawn in the main script. If it is just a flag, you'd have to edit the script, and not the saved game.

b) If you do manage it, how are you planning to get the helicopter out of that place? Or would the save game also contain the location of the vehicle, allowing you to spawn it outside.

As for the multiplayer, what exactly would you change? The best I can come up with is setting the heli as a vehicle for a checkpoint race.

ADePSP
  • ADePSP

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (K^2 @ Nov 26 2005, 16:36)
While it is a good idea, and it might work, here are a few things that bother me:

a) Does the saved game file actually contain the ID of the vehicle that is spawned conditionally, or just a flag enabling the spawn in the main script. If it is just a flag, you'd have to edit the script, and not the saved game.

b) If you do manage it, how are you planning to get the helicopter out of that place? Or would the save game also contain the location of the vehicle, allowing you to spawn it outside.

As for the multiplayer, what exactly would you change? The best I can come up with is setting the heli as a vehicle for a checkpoint race.

Don't really know mate... hopeing edison might come up with something...

As for getting the heli out could you not smash all the glass and push it out like you do when it's in the garage...?

Just thinking aloud...

ADePSP
  • ADePSP

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 04:58 PM

It's not going to be easy to get it out but i just managed to push it in so it will fit through one of those windows...

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 November 2005 - 05:10 PM

Watch the double-posting.
Just some friendly advice!

ADePSP
  • ADePSP

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (*MURDOC* @ Nov 26 2005, 17:10)
Watch the double-posting.
Just some friendly advice!

Sorry mate... I thought if you said something different that was ok... I'll edit in future... ooops! blush.gif

-DeMoN-
  • -DeMoN-

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 07:39 PM

edison, dont know if this is possible, but can you make all Trashmasters helicopters? That way, you could enter the Spawn Trashmaster code at any time to spawn a helicopter.

Blues The Squirrel
  • Blues The Squirrel

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 07:43 PM

It seems that a good amount of your dont quite understand the limitations of a GTA save file.

ADePSP
  • ADePSP

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (Blues The Squirrel @ Nov 26 2005, 19:43)
It seems that a good amount of your dont quite understand the limitations of a GTA save file.

Love the avatar biggrin.gif

Nobody seems to know what's in the save file apart from edison and rockstar... I wonder how he did it...?

-DeMoN-
  • -DeMoN-

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:41 PM

"I'll be able to do even more with this than I did in San Andreas..."

It seems like the limitations are not as bad as you think... Especially being able to do more than was possible in San Andreas.

Blues The Squirrel
  • Blues The Squirrel

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (-DeMoN- @ Nov 26 2005, 20:41)

"I'll be able to do even more with this than I did in San Andreas..."

It seems like the limitations are not as bad as you think... Especially being able to do more than was possible in San Andreas.

Yes, but what most of you are suggesting could only be done through MAIN.SCM editing, which we cannot do yet.

gohan__14
  • gohan__14

[UVA]G-Rider

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:38 PM Edited by Luke, 26 November 2005 - 10:20 PM.

Well if someone going to mess up with gta lcs main.smc here's the link to it:
GONE
I know this is useless now,becase lcs only run on 2.0,but still meybi someone will find how to put it back and play lcs with it.

Blues The Squirrel
  • Blues The Squirrel

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 10:19 PM

gohan, that file is ripped from an iso and is illegal for you to post.

gohan__14
  • gohan__14

[UVA]G-Rider

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (Blues The Squirrel @ Nov 26 2005, 22:19)
gohan, that file is ripped from an iso and is illegal for you to post.

Sorry about that.I'll keep that in mind.

edisoncarter
  • edisoncarter

Goon

• Members

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:11 AM Edited by edisoncarter, 27 November 2005 - 01:30 AM.

QUOTE (K^2 @ Nov 26 2005, 02:16)
@K^2: I actually don't know what the encryption algorithm is, but I don't need to know.  I just call the PSP's own encryption libraries and they do whatever it is.

Interesting. Dump of the PSP firmware + R4000 emulator with debugger? Or am I missing something?

Edit: There is a 128 bit sequence at 0x55D in PARAM.SFO, which is most likely the key. I can go over the few standart algorithms to see if one of them will fit, but I don't know exactly what I'm looking for.

Edit: I'd try Advanced Encryption Standart for a cypher. It commonly uses 128 bit key, sufficiently widespread, and sufficiently secure for this particular use. Provided with a key, it is fairly easy to decypher, but I would need the decyphered copy of DATA.BIN along with a cyphered copy to work out a few lookup tables.

More likely that's an SHA-1 checksum (Sony seems to be using SHA-1 hash for everything) of the DATA.BIN file, so to make a change to DATA.BIN, you also have to change PARAM.SFO and figure out its checksum too.

Shine's SavedataTool can decrypt pre-2.0 saves. If you really want to bang on this, and I wouldn't if I were you, you can get side by side decrypted and encrypted versions of a 1.5 gamesave. 2.0 is probably just more changes layered on top of the 1.5 method.

QUOTE (GTAFool12 @ Nov 26 2005, 07:28)
Im starting to get suspicious of you Edison Carter.  Do you work at R*?  You build up massive amounts of hype on a game at the perfect moments.  But I am not complaining.

I don't work for Rockstar, but I don't mind generating hype for my favorite game at the perfect moments.

About changing the cars that spawn at certain places, I don't even know how to do that on San Andreas. Has there ever been a cheat or a trainer that did that? That type of thing that comes up in certain locations is typically in the data files that are loaded with the location. If that's the case, it's practically impossible to mod that from a cheat device.

On second thought, there are some vehicle spawn sections in the Vice City save file, is that what you're referring to? I always thought it strange that there were so many things like that in the VC savefile that you would think would be hardcoded. The LCS savefile is half as big and only has 4 or 5 sections, none of them like that, so it looks like they did some cleaning house. Also notice how much faster it loads. I think they took all those data files like HANDLING.CFG and compiled them into the program.

Anyway, I know the memory addresses of the vehicle IDs of the Spawn Rhino and Spawn Trashmaster cheats. I can change those to spawn anything.

A little news on what else is in the game. There IS a Dodo, but it doesn't have any propulsion. It's the GTA3 style Dodo with the clipped wings. I was hoping they would have left in the Sea Skimmer, my favorite from Vice City. Visually, the prop is turning all the time, and you can get in and turn the rudder and stuff, but there's no response to the trottle. We'll need to try rolling it down a mountain or something and find out if it's a glider. Maybe I can figure out a hack to give it forward thrust somehow. I was really hoping for airplanes in this game.

Edit:
Is there a thunder-rodd in the game? Looks like a hotknife.

rela82me
  • rela82me

Three Point One Four

• Members

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:55 AM

You didnt post the cheat, how are we to use the dodo? Uh, anyways if you could hack cheats and make it able to spawn the heli that would e great... Well anyway NICE job on all the work you have done, and in advance good job on the work you will do in the future.
~Rela82me~
~Rela82me~

ADePSP
  • ADePSP

• Members

Posted 27 November 2005 - 02:33 AM

Anyway, I know the memory addresses of the vehicle IDs of the Spawn Rhino and Spawn Trashmaster cheats. I can change those to spawn anything.

How can you do that with a savegame man...? If that is true (and i'm talking to the guy that put helicopers back into LCS) then what else is possible...?

I'd love it if edison told us all how to hack LCS...

gtaman2021
  • gtaman2021

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 November 2005 - 04:36 AM

I THINK I know how he hacks into lcs. But i'm not sure.It would be nice if he told us lol biggrin.gif

Edison check your pm's wink.gif

-DeMoN-
  • -DeMoN-

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 November 2005 - 06:00 AM

So edison, editing the spawn codes to spawn anything gives the ability for the spawn Rhino to spawn a helicopter or Dodo correct? If so that would be very awesome.

(I wish I could hack.)

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (edisoncarter @ Nov 27 2005, 01:11)
QUOTE (K^2 @ Nov 26 2005, 02:16)

More likely that's an SHA-1 checksum (Sony seems to be using SHA-1 hash for everything) of the DATA.BIN file, so to make a change to DATA.BIN, you also have to change PARAM.SFO and figure out its checksum too.

Shine's SavedataTool can decrypt pre-2.0 saves. If you really want to bang on this, and I wouldn't if I were you, you can get side by side decrypted and encrypted versions of a 1.5 gamesave. 2.0 is probably just more changes layered on top of the 1.5 method.

QUOTE (GTAFool12 @ Nov 26 2005, 07:28)
Im starting to get suspicious of you Edison Carter.  Do you work at R*?  You build up massive amounts of hype on a game at the perfect moments.  But I am not complaining.

I don't work for Rockstar, but I don't mind generating hype for my favorite game at the perfect moments.

About changing the cars that spawn at certain places, I don't even know how to do that on San Andreas. Has there ever been a cheat or a trainer that did that? That type of thing that comes up in certain locations is typically in the data files that are loaded with the location. If that's the case, it's practically impossible to mod that from a cheat device.

On second thought, there are some vehicle spawn sections in the Vice City save file, is that what you're referring to? I always thought it strange that there were so many things like that in the VC savefile that you would think would be hardcoded. The LCS savefile is half as big and only has 4 or 5 sections, none of them like that, so it looks like they did some cleaning house. Also notice how much faster it loads. I think they took all those data files like HANDLING.CFG and compiled them into the program.

A little news on what else is in the game. There IS a Dodo, but it doesn't have any propulsion. It's the GTA3 style Dodo with the clipped wings. I was hoping they would have left in the Sea Skimmer, my favorite from Vice City. Visually, the prop is turning all the time, and you can get in and turn the rudder and stuff, but there's no response to the trottle. We'll need to try rolling it down a mountain or something and find out if it's a glider. Maybe I can figure out a hack to give it forward thrust somehow. I was really hoping for airplanes in this game.

Edit:
Is there a thunder-rodd in the game? Looks like a hotknife.

Wow nice work edison looking fawrd to changing what spawns

You say you can do more with lcs than you did with san andreas well this is just going to be great ....i loved your codes for san andreas and now where going to be getting better ones tounge.gif

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:16 AM Edited by funkychunky, 27 November 2005 - 11:19 AM.

~Yeah, there is a hot-knife type of car called the thunder-rodd.
Its spawns where you did the fuzz ball mission in GTAIII, only appears at certain times i think.

Why did you want to know any way edison?

Oh and btw can you change the spawn trash master or any other spawn cheat for that matter to spawn a copter? That would be the best cheat going.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 November 2005 - 12:41 PM

He was probably trying out all the different vehicles with the spawn mod, and saw the thunderrodd and didnt recognize it, so he asked if it was in the game. (as a regular vehicle)

i could be wrong though.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (edisoncarter @ Nov 26 2006, 21:11)

SHA-1 hash is 160 bits. The data at 0x55D is only 128 bits.

I'll take a look at 1.5 save files and the encryption used to see if I can get anything out of that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users