» «
Photo

Heli in the Garage!

130 replies to this topic
edisoncarter
  • edisoncarter

Goon

• Members

Posted 24 November 2005 - 06:08 PM Edited by edisoncarter, 27 November 2005 - 12:19 AM.

When GTA:LCS came out, I figured one of the first things to edit would be the save files, but like everything else on the PSP, they're encrypted. I've been working off and on since the game released to try to get into the savefile to edit it, and now a month later I finally got in! I'll be able to do even more with this than I did in San Andreas, but first off, time to edit helicopters into garages.

There are lots of buildings without roofs to explore, and some city blocks are unpainted inside. I found an island of rubble inside one.

This savefile is with a Police Maveric in the Staunton Garage. Unzip it to your memory card and the files should end up in PSP/SAVEDATA/ULUS10041S0. It replaces your first game save. Use the supplied PCJ 600 to push your helicopter out of the garage.
US/Canada version: http://www.maxbot.co...iInGarageUS.zip
UK/Europe version: http://www.maxbot.co...iInGarageUK.zip
(thanks to ADePSP for help with the UK version!)

It looks like it's easier to get it out with a car. Before opening the garage door, go out to the street and get a car. Get the PCJ out of the garage and park the car in the back behind the helicopter, then turn the heli's tail to one side with your head. Get in the car and push it out.

Video of pushing the heli out with a car in under 3 minutes. I really should have pushed the tail to the other side.
http://www.maxbot.co...ushingItOut.wmv

Videos:
http://www.maxbot.co...HeliFlight1.wmv
http://www.maxbot.com/gta/JoyRide.wmv

user posted image
Hmm, better choose a better garage to spawn it in...

user posted image
That's better

user posted image
15 minutes of shoving with a PCJ 600 (only takes a few minutes with a car)

user posted image
Ready to go!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

edisoncarter
  • edisoncarter

Goon

• Members

Posted 24 November 2005 - 06:08 PM

Continued...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
I found this island of rubble inside a city block

user posted image

DACBONE
  • DACBONE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2005 - 06:11 PM

oh crap this kicks the sh*t out of my method of getting the helicopter!!

Share the wealth!

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 24 November 2005 - 06:11 PM Edited by funkychunky, 24 November 2005 - 06:12 PM.

Holy sh*t.

You did it!Congratualtions you deserve another karma star but you know, youve got 25 wow.gif

You going to release this?

ArturP
  • ArturP

The Mafia from Poland

• Members

Posted 24 November 2005 - 06:17 PM

Good job!!! Can you post save file with choper inside the garage?

stone cold steve austin
  • stone cold steve austin

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 November 2005 - 06:25 PM

biggrin.gif POST THE FILE!!!! POST THE FILE!!!!!! AND WHAT VERSION OF THE PSP IS THIS FOR? THE U.S. OR THE EUROPEAN?!!!! POST IT POST IT POST TI!!!!!!!!:D

DACBONE
  • DACBONE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2005 - 06:25 PM

im about to leave my house edisoncarter! share it! share it! share it!

Eichhorn
  • Eichhorn

Sciurus vulgaris

• Members

Posted 24 November 2005 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (DACBONE @ Nov 24 2005, 18:11)

Share the wealth!

Oh man what a man that edison!!!! icon14.gif Your the best hacker in town atleast the fastest. icon14.gif
@DACBONE: I like your method worked fine for me I got the heli 3 times now.I guess it´s not
a big enhancement to have a heli in your garage if it takes 15min.push it out.
When you keep practicing your method I am sure you can do it way faster.Altough this leaves you on a Mission when edisons gives you the heli any time you want, as long as he has a save of the mission you want.

@edison: Is this the only heli you can spawn? I´d love to have policechoper afterall.
Man that´s really great, opens up a lot of possibilities,hah? happy.gif

stone cold steve austin
  • stone cold steve austin

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 November 2005 - 06:44 PM Edited by stone cold steve austin, 24 November 2005 - 07:00 PM.

QUOTE (Eichhorn @ Nov 24 2005, 18:31)
QUOTE (DACBONE @ Nov 24 2005, 18:11)

Share the wealth!

Oh man what a man that edison!!!! icon14.gif Your the best hacker in town atleast the fastest. icon14.gif
@DACBONE: I like your method worked fine for me I got the heli 3 times now.I guess it´s not
a big enhancement to have a heli in your garage if it takes 15min.push it out.
When you keep practicing your method I am sure you can do it way faster.Altough this leaves you on a Mission when edisons gives you the heli any time you want, as long as he has a save of the mission you want.

@edison: Is this the only heli you can spawn? I´d love to have policechoper afterall.
Man that´s really great, opens up a lot of possibilities,hah? happy.gif

Edison is probably uploading the file as we speak, Edison you da man dawg. EDIT: You guys, if you go to his website it says the savefile is coming soon. But when? And Edison here are some cookies cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Blues The Squirrel
  • Blues The Squirrel

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 November 2005 - 09:00 PM

HOLY CRAP

I love you man! Upload please!

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2005 - 09:20 PM

yeah great work Edison! I dunno if you finished the game, but you might have spoiled the storyline to you there. That "island of rubble" would be seen later in the game.

cjpluss
  • cjpluss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2005 - 09:22 PM

Well i dont have my PSP around, but if an EU player could send their save game to edison we could see an EU version of the hacked save too. I cant wait to try this out

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2005 - 09:47 PM

Hey Edison here is a UK 100% save game if you want to use it: http://www.gtaportab...es/LCS100EU.zip

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 24 November 2005 - 09:55 PM

Edison they need to extend your Karma ALOT!!!!!!!!!

inlove.gif

cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

monocle.gif

cookie.gif cookie.gif

liam55555
  • liam55555

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2005 - 10:11 PM

cant wait for this schistee save to come out , hope its 100% and on both EU and US coz i wnt for both me ones

ill have to schnide in tommorrow and download DAMM!

gohan__14
  • gohan__14

[UVA]G-Rider

• Members

Posted 24 November 2005 - 10:41 PM

Well done edisoncarter.As always. 100x cookie.gif

kingsterling
  • kingsterling

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 November 2005 - 10:41 PM

i wanna see the observatory and see if the hidden island from the first cutscene in grand theft auto 3 is still in there.......

ohh and ive missed a few day's.... can some one tell me if there is any downloadable content for the game yet? and can you post the link to the downloads page...ive seen to have forgotten how to get there....ill add it to my favorites and bookmark it......

whats edison carters website ?

gohan__14
  • gohan__14

[UVA]G-Rider

• Members

Posted 24 November 2005 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (kingsterling @ Nov 24 2005, 22:41)
i wanna see the observatory and see if the hidden island from the first cutscene in grand theft auto 3 is still in there.......

ohh and ive missed a few day's.... can some one tell me if there is any downloadable content for the game yet? and can you post the link to the downloads page...ive seen to have forgotten how to get there....ill add it to my favorites and bookmark it......

You can't get into observatory,becase it's not solid.(well atleast you can fly there)
And there is no such thing as ghoust town in lcs,it's was just used in only one cutscene.

cat33
  • cat33

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 November 2005 - 01:09 AM

Has he posted the game save yet?

Jérémie Blanc
  • Jérémie Blanc

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 November 2005 - 01:42 AM

rampage_ani.gif

Is an US save file the same as the one in Canada?
(I hope someone can make homebrew on PSP Version 2.0 and +)

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 November 2005 - 01:53 AM

Look in his sig.

@Edisoncarter, great job! Looking forward to you future work.

middlemaniac
  • middlemaniac

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 November 2005 - 02:59 AM

Can you please post the savefile edison! I would like to fly in a helicopter while going in my car tommorow! PLEEASE!

Elbarto
  • Elbarto

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2005 - 03:10 AM

Is it possible to make one spawn where ever you are? Instead of in a garage?

Anyways great job Edison. Have a cookie cookie.gif

edisoncarter
  • edisoncarter

Goon

• Members

Posted 25 November 2005 - 05:40 AM

I posted the US savefile in the first message. Someone please confirm that it works. I'm assuming the file is the same for US and Canada. Are savefiles from other countries really incompatible? What about UK? Maybe someone in the UK should try it.

I made it with a Police Maverick since it has better performance.

I doesn't take that long to push the heli out of the garage once you're good at it. Please post if you figure out a technique or vehicle that makes it easier.

To do an EU version, I need a save with the following:
- Saved at Staunton safehouse.
- In the Staunton garage, has a PCJ 600 to the left side and a car in the middle facing forward with the back bumper as close to the garage door as possible. Keep inching it a bit forward until the garage door will close. Pick a short car. A manana would be a good choice.
- Double check that the PCJ 600 is still there after running around the block. Sometimes it gets lost if it's too close to the side.
- Every car in every garage must be a different model.
- I need to know the model and color of every car in every garage, and tell me which is on the left and right. Please pick cars that have been around since Vice City or GTA3 so I will be able to identify them.

PSP1001
  • PSP1001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2005 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (edisoncarter @ Nov 25 2005, 05:40)
I posted the US savefile in the first message. Someone please confirm that it works. I'm assuming the file is the same for US and Canada. Are savefiles from other countries really incompatible? What about UK? Maybe someone in the UK should try it.

I made it with a Police Maverick since it has better performance.

I doesn't take that long to push the heli out of the garage once you're good at it. Please post if you figure out a technique or vehicle that makes it easier.

To do an EU version, I need a save with the following:
- Saved at Staunton safehouse.
- In the Staunton garage, has a PCJ 600 to the left side and a car in the middle facing forward with the back bumper as close to the garage door as possible. Keep inching it a bit forward until the garage door will close. Pick a short car. A manana would be a good choice.
- Double check that the PCJ 600 is still there after running around the block. Sometimes it gets lost if it's too close to the side.
- Every car in every garage must be a different model.
- I need to know the model and color of every car in every garage, and tell me which is on the left and right. Please pick cars that have been around since Vice City or GTA3 so I will be able to identify them.

Hell yeah!!! It works but when you lose it doesnt come back.

edisoncarter
  • edisoncarter

Goon

• Members

Posted 25 November 2005 - 06:13 AM

When you lose it doesn't come back? If you took it out of the garage, of course it's not there anymore... you need to reload.

By the way, the garage will not reclose once it's open with the tail sticking out. For curiosity, someone should push it clear in and see if the garage even saves it.

The best way I've found so far to get it out of the garage is to push the tail all the way to one side with your head, which is easy, then get behind it with the PCJ and push the side.

PyroHazard
  • PyroHazard

I AM THE DANGER!

• Members

Posted 25 November 2005 - 06:15 AM

I can only imagine what else you are going to do with LCS. Anywho, how do you unzip the file onto your memory card? Do I download it from my PSP's browser or is there more foot work to be done?

-DeMoN-
  • -DeMoN-

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 November 2005 - 06:16 AM

edison, I have the US version of the game and the save file isnt working for me. I tried a few different things too but its just not working.

PSP1001
  • PSP1001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2005 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE (edisoncarter @ Nov 25 2005, 06:13)
When you lose it doesn't come back? If you took it out of the garage, of course it's not there anymore... you need to reload.

By the way, the garage will not reclose once it's open with the tail sticking out. For curiosity, someone should push it clear in and see if the garage even saves it.

The best way I've found so far to get it out of the garage is to push the tail all the way to one side with your head, which is easy, then get behind it with the PCJ and push the side.

The way i do it is to push the tail so the garage will not close then i get a car and push it out.Anyways this is pretty fun.So does this mean there are going to be MODs for LCS?

swat_killer
  • swat_killer

I hate all fanboys

• Members

Posted 25 November 2005 - 06:22 AM Edited by swat_killer, 25 November 2005 - 06:33 AM.

ops it worked thx dude yo the best

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users