» «
Photo

[TUT] Table Tutorial for beginners

14 replies to this topic
Naomi
  • Naomi

Predator posing as a house pet

• Zaibatsu

Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:58 AM Edited by Naomi, 23 November 2005 - 01:42 PM.

Firstly I'd like to say that if this going to be of no use to anyone, feel free to bin it. smile.gif

I put this together because despite the fact that there are generators around, some of us like to learn first hand through trial & error how to get tables working.
My first & only attempt at this is in Zaibatsu chat, so take a look at what can be done even if you are only a beginner such as myself. biggrin.gif

I've added some basic ready to use tables at the tail end of this tutorial for anyone who wants to get started ASAP.

Okay, so here goes, I hope this is easy & understandable for any of you interested.
The Beginner's Guide To Tables.

Basics-
Opening & closing:

CODE
[tableb]

&
CODE
[/tableb]

...should only be used at the very beginning & end of your tables.
The following 'Basics' have the 'tableb' tags only in order to seperate each for you to see clearly here.

Centering tables & text:
CODE
[center]

CODE
[/center]

Should be used around the tableb tags and/or font if you wish to have the entire body centered.
Leave them out only if you want the table to run down the left hand side.
NB - I've chosen the colour blue for text.
Without any center tags:
Here is a sentence without any center tags
Nope.
No center tags.
For text..
or for the table
CODE
[tableb][tr][td][color=blue]Here is a sentence without any center tags
Nope.
No center tags.
For  text..
or for the table[/color][/td][/tr][/tableb]

Centered text only:
Here is a sentence with centered text only.
Yep.
Only for the text.
CODE
[tableb][tr][td][center][color=blue][u]Here is a sentence with centered text only.
Yep.
Only for the text.[/color][/center][/td][/tr][/tableb]

Centered table only:***
Here is a sentence with a centered table only.
Just for the table.
Not the text.

CODE
[center][tableb][tr][td][color=blue]Here is a sentence with a centered table only.
Just for the table.
Not the text.[/color][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center]

Centered table & Text:***
Here is a sentence with a centered table & text.
Centered for the whole lot. Table & text. Text & table.
CODE
[center][tableb][tr][td][center][color=blue]Here is a sentence with a centered table & text.
Centered for the whole lot. Table & text. Text & table[/color][/center][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center]

***You'll notice that on some forums both of these examples turn out the same way, but keep in mind this varies from forum to forum.
NB - Not all forums have this hack available.

Colour, bold, underline & italic tags:
You don't have to use all these tags for your tabling, but they do add interest & help differentiate between sections.
NB - When typing in the colour tag, remember that it is in the U.S spelling of 'color' not the traditional English spelling of 'colour'.

With [ color ] (red):
YOUR HEADING/IMAGE (address) HERE

CODE
[center][tableb][tr][th][center][color=red]YOUR HEADING/IMAGE (address) HERE[/color][/center][/th][/tr][/tableb][/center]

With [ b ]old:

CODE
[center][tableb][tr][th][center][b]YOUR HEADING/IMAGE (address) HERE[/b][/center][/th][/tr][/tableb][/center]

with [ u ]nderline:

CODE
[center][tableb][tr][th][center][u]YOUR HEADING/IMAGE (address) HERE[/u][/center][/th][/tr][/tableb][/center]

with [ i ]talic:

CODE
[center][tableb][tr][th][center][i]YOUR HEADING/IMAGE (address) HERE[/i][/center][/th][/tr][/tableb][/center]

With all:

CODE
[center][tableb][tr][th][center][i][u][b][color=red]YOUR HEADING/IMAGE (address) HERE[/color][/b][/u][/i][/center][/th][/tr][/tableb][/center]

Heading or image:
The heading will have a different table colour in order to stand out. The difference being in the lettering of the code- 'th tr' rather than the standard 'tr td' table code.

CODE
[center][tableb][tr][th][center][color=blue][u]YOUR HEADING/IMAGE (address) HERE[/u][/color][/center][/th][/tr][/tableb][/center]

Title (red) & member (white):
You can use any text, I've used 'Title' & 'member' only as an example for gang rosters.

TITLE

CODE
[tableb][tr][th][center][b][color=red]TITLE[/color][/b][/center][/th][th][center][b][color=white]MEMBER[/color][/b][/center][/tableb][/th][/tr]

List (beneath 'Title & member'):
Like the example above, 'Your Position' & 'Your Name' are only used as text examples.

YOUR POSITION
YOUR NAME

CODE
[center][tableb][tr][td][center][b][color=Yellow]YOUR POSITION[/color][/b][/center][/td][td][center][b][color=white]YOUR NAME[/color][/b][/center][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center]

Single table
The most basic table, handy for a standard block of text.

This is just an ordinary table for you to use when making large blocks of text, like a story or gang history, or just to rant & rave on like I am now. I'll keep writing innanely in order for you to get the idea. Got the idea yet? Yes? No? Maybe? Okay, I'll keep going then, okay my fingers are getting tired, wow I'm really dedicated, I rock....I have way too much free time on my hands don't I? Okay, that'll do. I'll shut up now.
No really I will.
I promise.
BTW Tank's desperately in love with me. Seriously, the man is quite obsessed. Ofcourse he'll deny it publicly, but that's just his way.
Ignore him. Believe me.
I'm a woman, you can trust me.

Size:
You can resize your text, though it does take some experimentation to get it right.

CODE
[SIZE=?]

CODE
[/SIZE]

Using size 2 -
Body Of Text

CODE
[center][tableb][tr][td][SIZE=2]Body Of Text[/SIZE][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center]

Using code 3-
Body Of Text

CODE
[center][tableb][tr][td][SIZE=3]Body Of Text[/SIZE][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center]

Using code 4-
Body Of Text

CODE
[center][tableb][tr][td][SIZE=4]Body Of Text[/SIZE][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center]

Spacing:
Be aware that tabling can appear overwhelming when you look at an entire table code. The trick is to see the pattern in it & create 'cut & paste' cheats when altering sections (eg - for rosters).
When starting off, create tables in seperate 'blocks' rather than trying to complete it all in one go, then bring each section (or block) together.
You may find that when you go back to edit your table, it suddenly appears to be running in one consecutive block, this is normal, it's been adjust to 'slot' in neatly.
You'll find that after awhile you'll know exactly where to split it up again to make any needed adjustments.
Also be careful not to space sections too far apart, as the table can only correct itself when the spacing isn't too great.

Incorrect spacing:
Only do this while making a table, don't leave it like this

BODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXT
BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT

BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT

CODE
[center][tableb][tr][th][center][b]BODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/th][/tr]

[/tableb][/center][center][tableb][tr][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td]

[td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center]

[center][tableb][tr][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center]

Correct Spacing:
BODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXT
BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT

CODE
[center][tableb][tr][th][center][b]BODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/th][/tr][/tableb][/center][center][tableb][tr][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center][center][tableb][tr][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center]

Putting it all together:
This is all the above example thrown together to give you an idea of what a basic table might look like.

This is your heading in blue underline
Title in red
Member in white italics
Your position in Yellow
Your name in pink bold
Your position in purple
Your name in silver
Your position in black underline
Your name in orange bold

CODE
[center][tableb][tr][th][center][color=blue][u]This is your heading in blue underline[/u][/color][/center][/th][/tr][/tableb][/center][center][tableb][tr][th][center][color=red]Title in red[/color][/center][/th][th][center][i][color=white]Member in white italics[/color][/i][/center][/th][/tr][tr][td][center][color=Yellow]Your position in Yellow[/color][/center][/td][td][center][b][color=pink]Your name in pink bold[/color][/b][/center][/td][/tr][tr][td][center][color=purple]Your position in purple[/color][/center][/td][td][center][color=silver]Your name in silver[/color][/center][/td][/tr][tr][td][center][u][color=black]Your position in black underline[/color][/u][/center][/td][td][center][b][color=orange]Your name in orange bold[/color][/b][/center][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center]

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:59 AM

Nice. Very thorough and well-explained. smile.gif

Naomi
  • Naomi

• Zaibatsu

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:06 AM

Thanks 'Nuj. Pleasure to do it. smile.gif
I was just about to add in the ready made tables, when my cow of a comp. decided to crash. : confused.gif

But here they are. now..

Use any of these 6 tables to get you started, all these tables are in bold & centered only.
The text is rather lengthy, but only to give you an idea of how far you can take these.
Experiment with them to see what new ways you can make the most of them.
Delete 'BODY OF TEXT' & replace it with your own text or images.
Wrap colors, underlines, sizes & italics around any text for better effect.

Style 1:

Style 1 code:
CODE
[center][tableb][tr][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center][center][tableb][tr][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center]

Style 2:

Style 2 code:
CODE
[center][tableb][tr][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center]

Style 3:

Style 3 code:
CODE
[center][tableb][tr][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center][center][tableb][tr][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][/tr][/center][/tableb][center][tableb][tr][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center]

Naomi
  • Naomi

• Zaibatsu

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:10 AM

Style 4:

Style 4 code:
CODE
[center][tableb][tr][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center][center][tableb][tr][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][/tr][/center][/tableb][center][tableb][tr][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center]

Style 5:

Style 5 code:
CODE
[center][tableb][tr][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center][center][tableb][tr][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][/tr][/center][/tableb][center][tableb][tr][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center]

Style 6:
BODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXT BODY OF

Style 6 code:
CODE
[center][tableb][tr][th][center][b]BODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXT BODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/th][/tr][/tableb][/center][center][tableb][tr][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center][center][tableb][tr][td][center][b]BODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXTBODY OF TEXT[/b][/center][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center]

End of tutorial.
I hope it helped atleast a little.
You can request a table from me via pm if you aren't confident enough to try it yourself yet or contact me via pm if you would like me to work out any kinks in your table.

Tip - To see how other members produce such interesting tables, use the 'quote' function (doesn't work on closed topics). This helped me learn & get a feel for tables.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:18 AM

The psychotic never ceases to amaze me.

There are also a few things I must add

(td) means normal text tables IE:
this pretty lil thang
(th) is bold centered IE:
This big pretty thang

(tableb) means bordered tables IE
bordered
(table) is borderless tables IE:
this thang

(tr) is the code for breaks, think of it as the return key of tables.

(Note: Brackets replaced with parenthesis in some instances so I don't screw the code up)~TGK

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:29 AM

Nice.
Now maybe I'll be able to make a table without Barguast's generator, and without
destroying the whole page for a second or two before quickly editing it all out. blush.gif

Good on ya.

Naomi
  • Naomi

• Zaibatsu

Posted 23 November 2005 - 10:32 AM

Thanks THE-G.T.A.-K.I.N.G. smile.gif

Glad you fellas will find this handy.
PS - I scored myself a little karma star.
Now I've got matching earrings. wink.gif

Tutorial EDITTED-
-Corrected spelling errors.
-Added more help details.
-Added a 'Spacing' section. smile.gif

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 23 November 2005 - 12:56 PM

Wow that's a ncie tuturall
how long did it take to write?

Naomi
  • Naomi

• Zaibatsu

Posted 23 November 2005 - 01:38 PM

Thanks! smile.gif
It only just occurred to me today that I should probably put something together for anyone interested. tounge.gif
So only a couple of hours with tweaking & coming up with new table ideas. smile.gif

matt27689
  • matt27689

• Members

Posted 23 November 2005 - 01:39 PM

Do you even care, or are you more bothered about getting you're post count higher?

Awesome job Naomi.. only if you had made this about a month ago. sad.gif

cookie.gif icon14.gif

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 23 November 2005 - 03:35 PM

As much as it is an excellent tutorial, it's not graphics.

Just not that sure where to move it.

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 23 November 2005 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (matt27689 @ Nov 23 2005, 13:39)

Do you even care, or are you more bothered about getting you're post count higher?

cookie.gif icon14.gif

What's your problem dude

i was curious how long it took him

Naomi
  • Naomi

• Zaibatsu

Posted 23 November 2005 - 03:51 PM Edited by Naomi, 23 November 2005 - 04:01 PM.

QUOTE (papanesta @ Nov 24 2005, 01:35)
As much as it is an excellent tutorial, it's not graphics.

Just not that sure where to move it.

I thought the same thing, but I couldn't think of a better alternative spot to drop it in.
I'll leave it up to you guys to decide. smile.gif

EDIT-
@ The-end : I'm a 'her' not a 'him'. wink.gif
I thought it was a fair question, don't worry, it actually took longer then what I said, I checked, it took abouut 3 & a half hours all up.

Mike_Toreno
  • Mike_Toreno

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:25 PM

Wow, that's a lot of code there. I've always wanted to see a tutorial on Tables. It will help me in the near future when I come to tables. Well done. icon14.gif

Bookmarked! biggrin.gif

Krusty.
  • Krusty.

La Famiglia Di Corleone

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (matt27689 @ Nov 23 2005, 13:39)

cookie.gif icon14.gif

Chill out man, He was only asking Naomi a question.

Naomi, Nice tut, I'll be sure to come by here when I cant figure out how to do something in Barguasts Table Code Generator. Thanks smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users