Photo

Model fixes

105 replies to this topic
Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ Feb 21 2006, 23:12)
Vanishing building on Staunton? Is that something I posted in the bugs list? confused.gif I forget - there was so many posts - I can't remember them all tounge.gif !

That's a Test3-specific bug. Craig mentioned it when he sent me the download link. It's also in my post in "Download..."

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:03 AM

Yeah, that's a building that apparantly showed up fine on Choofy's end but not on mine. Hopefully when Choofy sends me back his files, it'll be fixed.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:19 AM

Ahh thanks wink.gif .

@Craig - have you got yourself a copy of Kon's texture fix so that I can change that on the checklist?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:44 AM

Ok, a new bug of sorts - I'm thinking it might be a loading bug. Just minor though - it's as though part of the city doesn't quite join up. I'm near the bus station in Portland (near Joey's - see my radar) - my exact coordinates are:

Here's a pic (ignore yellow text - see PEDS topic for more info about that):
user posted image

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:34 PM

Ben, I don't think that's a loading but, I think it's likely like that in 3, though I can't test it atm.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:51 PM

Can't say I've ever seen it in GTA3 or even VC for that matter. But if it can be fixed, then there's no real point in not fixing it smile.gif .

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ Mar 30 2006, 20:51)
Can't say I've ever seen it in GTA3 or even VC for that matter. But if it can be fixed, then there's no real point in not fixing it smile.gif .

I meant it would be a model/ide problem, thus it wouldn't be like that in VC as it doesn't have that bit in the city.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:11 AM

Sorry, my bad.

Anyway, I loaded up GTA3 earlier to check it, and it's not there (not at that spot anyway - but I haven't seen it anywhere else in GTA3 or LC). I'll keep an eye out though wink.gif .

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 17 April 2006 - 02:13 AM

Topic updated - everything mostly in order. Made a list of bugs that may not have been fixed yet and added them to the first post. See the BUGS LIST for other bugs that may not have been reported here smile.gif .

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:01 AM

There's another issue with the models that I'd like to see fixed at some stage - Ghost Town should be given 3D buildings, and the mountains on the Ghost Town side should be given LODs (I don't think that we need to worry about COL data for the backs of the mountains, but something to look at would be good).

The only reason I think this is an issue is that because of the helis, EVERYONE can access Ghost Town, and it looks really messy the way it is now. Unless this has already been fixed (I don't think I have the latest v6 package)?

The LODs for the Ghost Town buildings show up for the roofs only when you are in a certain position, and there's no backs - they're basically 2D confused.gif .

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 07 July 2006 - 03:24 PM

While snooping around the exe I found that RwRenderStateSet sets which type of object culling the game uses. By default VC uses either front side or back side culling, I'm assuming GTAIII uses no culling since most, if not all of the objects in the game are two-sided.

Forcing the culling mode off makes all objects appear like they do in GTAIII, here's a few example screenshots:
http://modelingman.n...ct_culling1.jpg
http://modelingman.n...ct_culling2.jpg
http://modelingman.n...ct_culling3.jpg

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (ModelingMan @ Jul 7 2006, 15:24)
While snooping around the exe I found that RwRenderStateSet sets which type of object culling the game uses. By default VC uses either front side or back side culling, I'm assuming GTAIII uses no culling since most, if not all of the objects in the game are two-sided.

Hi,
I'm still bothered by the yellowish warm world lighting. Since you seem to be familiar with rendering mechanisms of Vice, can you find the code sections in both Vice and GTA3 where world lighting and the directional light on objects, etc get calculated and/or passed to directx for comparison? Because as far as I remember the timecyc.dat values that LC uses are pretty much the same as the ones that GTA3 uses but the lighting is different and I'd like to have the GTA3 lighting as a base to mod from.

Maybe just a directx hook for both games and a comparison of the passed parameters to certain functions would do? (Never worked with direct3d myself.)

Alex

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (ModelingMan @ Jul 7 2006, 11:24)

Forcing the culling mode off makes all objects appear like they do in GTAIII, here's a few example screenshots:
http://modelingman.n...ct_culling1.jpg
http://modelingman.n...ct_culling2.jpg
http://modelingman.n...ct_culling3.jpg

Whoa Hold On A second are you saying you were able to hack it so Culling is forced therefore we cold revert back to the original DFF Files? I mean History of The 2DFX problems go way Back:

VC: DFF Files created had all sides including Reverse Faces.

GTA3: DFF Files only had needed sides Reverse Faces were Drawn Via Culling:

GTA LC First Solution: Killer.ip and Myself single handedly added all faces to the dff files that needed the reverse faces drawn however in doing so the dff files grew in size. and No light DATA was saved making the effected dff files blend out from other dff files.

GTA LC Second Solution: Addinf "x"_rev.dff files to the gta3.img these files were only the missing sides needed and were added to the map aswell. DFF Files and IMG Grew and 1 side of the effected buildings had no light data.

GTA LC Third Solution:
Using Blender added all faces to the effected Dff files preserving the light data. DFF Files grew in size.

If what I think you were able todo is true it would be the best implemented solution as it will gaurentee that we wouldn't have missed any dff files that did not have the reverse face drawn and will bring down the img file size again.

Forgive me if I have missed alot as I have been away from GTALC for a long while.

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 08 July 2006 - 12:00 AM

I've thought about the culling for a while now, it wasn't until today I realised how the culling is set. At least now it will save anyone from doing unnecessary work with the world objects, and as you said you won't need to worry about missing out any reversed faces. I just hope it won't be too much work restoring the original DFFs.

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 08 July 2006 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (ModelingMan @ Jul 7 2006, 20:00)
I've thought about the culling for a while now, it wasn't until today I realised how the culling is set. At least now it will save anyone from doing unnecessary work with the world objects, and as you said you won't need to worry about missing out any reversed faces. I just hope it won't be too much work restoring the original DFFs.

Ah it shouldn't be too bad to restore. Extract DFF's from GTA3 import dffs into GTA LC but stuff like cars and peds and guns will have to remain the same. I think all the map/object files are in order in the image (or in offset) though I can't remember. I for one would prefer culling. I'll look into restoring the dff files.

rla_jr
  • rla_jr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:25 AM

pls. send me the link again for this files
Files for Lc models
2dfix turnoff ipls

thaNK YOU!! happy.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users