Photo

Model fixes

105 replies to this topic
GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:33 AM

i must admit that all these updates are what brings me back to the forum. choofy is amazing! is there anything he can't do? subway? maybe... catloaf_by_anuj.gif
i noticed ALOT of those 1 sided textures, but i did not thing they were a big thing. boy, im the least trustworthy person alive. sorry choof, i dont think i have time to test out your fixes cryani.gif
unless that subway thing is true biggrin.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:23 AM

The subway has been fixed (or at least that's the impression that I got). Choofy posted an update for it in the Train topic. Check it out.

Offtopic - Just curious, are space and DMA still working on the audio so that we'll have more files for v6. I know that space hasn't been working on the mod for a while, but are we hoping for more audio in time for v6? I know that this wasn't a specific goal, but any progress would still be good cool.gif.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 18 December 2005 - 03:25 AM

I'm not expecting any new audio for v6, but I would gladly welcome any updates before we launch it.

Talidan
  • Talidan

Taliban representative for the GTAF community

• Members

Posted 26 December 2005 - 07:38 PM

can we have any permanent links for the model fixes?

silver007
  • silver007

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 December 2005 - 08:41 PM

Im a Tad bit late comming into this topic... and i only know the basics of Map Modding, nothing about 2dfx, but it sounds like choofy you are doing an awesome fix for LC to make it look and work better.. keep up the good work!

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 26 December 2005 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (Talidan @ Dec 27 2005, 06:38)
can we have any permanent links for the model fixes?

The model fixes will be included in the next update package that Craig releases. At this stage, they're not all complete and I'm not sure if Craig is going to wait til they are before the next update, or whether he release it in the meantime as Choofy is away for 3 weeks, so he won't be working on them. But no, I doubt there will be permanent links to the model fixes - there's no need.

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2005 - 02:58 AM

Wont be working on them? tounge2.gif All the models have been completed. Now im down to lods, and getting the faulty ones to work right. Ive found numerous things over the last day or so ive worked on it. A lot of problems relating to current ides and ipls. Its looking a lot better though, and hopefully when I get back home, I will have all lods done as well. It all depends on the xmas drink ratio to work ratio (the drinking is far more important) catloaf_by_anuj.gif Cant wait to try out all the new files for it. Cheers and have a good one to you all

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 31 December 2005 - 11:41 AM

Choofy - there is an update to one of the IPL files you should know about, it's on the last or second to last page of the mission coding thread, it just removes the car crusher crane and lid from the IPL as they are now controlled through the SCM.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 31 December 2005 - 02:59 PM

Also note that the lid of the car crusher will need a 2D fix as the bottom of it is transparent.

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 31 December 2005 - 04:46 PM

True, I meant to but forgot to mention that.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:50 AM

Ahh Choofy! Couldn't help yourself - you just had to keep working. Making me look stupid like that blink.gif tounge2.gif! Nah, it's great to see the amount of dedication you show to this mod - there needs to be more people like you. I just wasn't sure if you'd have access to a computer while you were away (in case you went camping or something).

It is good to see though that you have your priorities right though - drinking at the top of the list! Have a good one - I'll talk to you more once you get back. wink.gif

EDIT - Oh, and I forgot to mention if you get a chance, check your email. I've sent you some stuff about the overview.ipl that you were working on. You may have already replied, but I haven't checked my email for a couple of days now - I'll go and do that when I'm finished here.

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:00 AM

Ok thanks guys. I shall look into and get onto those ipl-missing side issues.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 03:55 AM

nice going choof. So much work out of you this past month(s). So the 2dfixes are all complete? if you missed a few and we find some can they still be fixed? i have so many questions.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 02 January 2006 - 04:58 AM

The files I still have are what's in the v6 test release. If they're done, he hasn't sent them my way yet.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 04 January 2006 - 03:01 AM Edited by benisablink182fan, 04 January 2006 - 04:41 AM.

Choofy, I've found a bug with the model fixes (which you'd see if you could open that overview stuff I sent you). I thought that the updated col files might have fixed the issue, but now I think it's a model loading problem.

Here's a pic:
user posted image

The arrow (although it's not real clear - sorry) is pointing to the side of the building - I'm standing on the roof. The circle shows another 2d error on a building - but it might just be that I'm up so high. The building I'm on is one of the towers on Staunton - to go there yourself, you'll have to adjust the maximum helicopter height to at least 500. Hope you can figure it out smile.gif!

EDIT - Here's another model bug, but this one may have already been fixed since it is in Portland. It overlooks Luigi's club, and you can see the subway straight through. Here's a pic:
user posted image

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:07 AM

how high is your draw distance ben? if its all the way up then its a bug but when i have my dd low the roofs of buildings look invisable too,

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2006 - 06:22 AM

Hello all

Yes the ones that pertained to the '2dfix' idea are all done, craig you dont have them yet as its a little hard to send from net cafes in small towns aus catloaf_by_anuj.gif Thomas yes of course any you notice will be fixed, any problems found with mine will also be fixed. Im onto making new lods as well as re iding a few, and sorting the id numbers for gta overall. Anything I have missed above^^^ sorry tounge2.gif

Cheers

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:18 PM

This wasn't a 2D fix before as you couldn't see it and I don't know if you got the message from the mission coding thread - the underside of the car crusher lid (now that it works) is see through.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:29 AM

im not at my LC computer (i cant be for 2 more days) but i remember taking a pic of staunten a few hundred stories high, and seeing the invisable roof like ben explained. but as a flew closer to the buildings with the "invisable" roofs they began to appear. in that pic the stadium interior is invisable and the roof of the TRIANGE shaped building in the middle of staunted also. i still think that has to do with the draw distance. btw choof, how much slower does the game run with all the 2dfixes done? i remeber a while back that LC was the slowest of the GTA games you had, do you notice a drop in framerate.

offtopic, you may have noticed the link in my signature saying f*cking Rockstar. thats all about Rock$tar porting LCS to PS2, unfortunatly for me, LCS was 70% of the reason why i bought a psp/ [/off-topic]

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 07 January 2006 - 01:30 AM

Yeah, it might be related to the draw distance. I haven't changed mine - I'll look into it later. But, it might also be related to a model loading issue, like the bugs reported about the white buildings. dontgetit.gif

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2006 - 02:56 AM Edited by Choofy, 17 January 2006 - 03:25 AM.

EDIT:All of this is close to finished. Its looking better. Ive been updating craig with the files, and hes been providing me with a bug list (he finds some weird stuff lol), of any bugs found, so the next release should be close, with not to many model bugs hopefully. tounge.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:20 PM

Choofy, have you seen this bug reported by Thomas?

That particular model fix will need to be fixed so we can have it included in the next release, and something will have to be done about the water getting into the cave - can that just be stopped with a col file fix or is it controlled by the scm or exe?

Also, how's your progress going on everything else you're involved in? tounge.gif

Outback
  • Outback

GTA:LC Team

• Members

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:10 PM Edited by [4D]Outback, 30 January 2006 - 10:59 PM.

Has Joey's Garage been 2d-fixed yet? If so, could you send it my way? I'd like to take a(nother) crack at actually finishing the model.

On that note, would I be able to send you a Zmodeler file that can be exported back into the game when I'm done?

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:16 AM

the 2dfixes are being kept secret from evil craig mad.gif
j/k but he isnt talking much

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 31 January 2006 - 07:14 PM

I've been meaning to put together all of my files and upload them (mostly so Choofy can double check to see everything I might have missed). But when I do that, I can share that with everyone. And I'm not intentionally being quiet or secretive. I'm just not able to get everything together right now. Hopefully soon though.

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2006 - 08:36 PM Edited by Choofy, 31 January 2006 - 09:43 PM.

Sorry guys, ive been working on 2 other non gta related games. Which doesnt mean I havent been doing lc. Been mostly just getting any bugs that need fixing sent to me by craig. So I havent been back here. A cave! I shall look into it..and any other model problems post here : ) So I can go thru them list like. All the models and lods are now complete (ive made quite a few new lods and its looking good) Besides peds..Ionly have a list of 5 bugs, shall look through here to find more.

EDIT: the cave is done.
Cheers catloaf_by_anuj.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:09 PM Edited by benisablink182fan, 31 January 2006 - 09:26 PM.

Good work Choofy - I can't wait to see all this in-game.

Did you get those overview bugs I sent you, and have you had a chance to look into them at all yet?

EDIT - Also, can you have a look at the v6 checklist and make sure I haven't missed anything, whether it be a task you're doing, or something that you've done that hasn't been ticked off.

Just post in the download topic and let me know (even if it's all good) please. Thanks smile.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:29 AM Edited by benisablink182fan, 21 February 2006 - 06:31 AM.

Choofy - I've found a couple of things for you to check if they've been done:
  1. Bad Subway Texture
  2. Texture Glitch
Found those whilst going through the bugs topic cool.gif.

EDIT - Changed one of the urls.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:49 AM

The emergency exit texture glitch was very simple to fix... If anyone is interested, Add/Replace this into your IMG (So choofy won't have to bother with such details)
Choofy - Good job on getting the models done - Test3 looks great. icon14.gif You know of the Staunton vanishing building bug, right?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:12 PM

Thanks Kon - I've added that to the checklist so that it'll be included in the next update.

Vanishing building on Staunton? Is that something I posted in the bugs list? confused.gif I forget - there was so many posts - I can't remember them all tounge.gif!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users