Photo

Model fixes

105 replies to this topic
GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 November 2005 - 09:03 PM

bah, dont think i was rushing anybody to get the peds done. but if you choose not to do them, its ok. the peds arent the biggest problem with this mod right now.

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2005 - 01:22 AM Edited by Choofy, 01 December 2005 - 02:49 AM.

I myself cant wait to see Lc full of the right peds. smile.gif I hope someone has tried out the models above. The peds doesnt have to be a 1 man effort though. If you guys cant do it, or something (--cole-- I hear you on the real life thing, sad to hear about your pc), I have made a few characters before (I dislike the process though) tounge2.gif I dont know if she has been done, but I quickly converted the blonde prostitute from gta3 to LC. Just replace the hfypr.txd and hfypr.dff in the gta3.img with the ones provided, and test..please post feedback on how she looks and acts, I think she is very close.
pic

The files Prostitue Files

She is a little buggy I think (only minor) and it was around 25minutes to convert. I will go backup on the ped conversion if no one else will smile.gif Im taking a day off the models anyhow, and im going to now try a conversion on a cutscene actor, to see how it goes, will post back. [Edit] After messing around with 8 ball, the first cutscene where its lance vance in a police uniform instead of 8ball, and the scene that was done with 8ball at luigi's (his neck was not quite right, his head looks kind of like its rolling off, i guess due to insufficient tools back then) I came up with these 8 ball cutscene actors by choofy Now its 8 ball at the bridge, and his neck/head in the luigi cutscene look better

P.s --Cole-- I see elsewhere on the forums today you asked what is the best thing to convert peds. It is 3dsmax and kams scripts for sure.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:09 AM

very nice job choofy! you seem to have a nack for this sort of thing, models. keep up with your mod and i may convert a few peds later...

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:11 AM

Wow, that's awesome Choofy. I'm pretty sure that --Cole-- could do with a hand at converting the peds once you're finished with the models.

As for the actors (in the cutscenes), do you think that at some stage it'd be possible to get some animation in the form of lip-sync with the audio after the buggy heads are fixed? I guess you can test this out whilst playing around with some of them. If you could figure out how to do it, you could maybe post a guide and perhaps someone else with peds/actors knowledge will be able to help? I know these are not the most exciting things to do in the world, but I for one am/would be very appreciative for all of the work you have put into this mod. Keep up the good work - thanks:
cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif wink.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:22 AM Edited by GTA_Thomas, 01 December 2005 - 04:25 AM.

ok, forget about the peds i said i was going to work on. 3dsmax is far to complicated for peds. but... i may have the subway figured out. although i am not sure if i can get it correct, so be my guest to also work on the subway. please dont feel like i am making you do anything, but the peds really would be nice to have...

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:27 AM

Did any of you guys test these? I did mike lips, and 'micky' luigis doorman who was originally lovefists 'jezz' also.. just hope someone has tried these first smile.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:33 AM

ohhh, i will test them now! even better with the lips. im not too excited about starting a new game, even if its just to test... tounge2.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:35 AM

No I haven't because, as you know, I'm still kinda busy with school. I haven't actually played LC for the sake of playing for soooo long! Only had a chance to test a few things out - like you're non-solid ghost town. But I will be available to help test anything you want after Christmas - just PM me then to let me know.

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:41 AM

Ok thanks guys smile.gif

About the subway, gta_thomas go right ahead, it was at the end of my 'to do' list, and you sure do seem to have a good heads up on what is wrong with it. And ben, the cutscene actor voices, ah I would have to speak with whomever made the gta3 to gtavc cutscene convertor, but it kind of looks like no for now.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:47 AM

I Just tested the files choofy, good work. looks alot better
nice work. PM the download links to craig and see if he can add them to the v6 img.

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:59 AM

Thankyou for the feedback! Glad to hear they looked ok. catloaf_by_anuj.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:02 AM

Choofy: Thanks a bunch for starting the peds process! I look forward to testing them. I'm about to add the prostitute and 8 Ball to my image (that's the only one I saw a download for). I'll let you know later if I see any issues. If you have those other cutscene actors done, I'd really like to see them as well.

Also, since I'm working with a v6 setup, could you leave the names as they are in the GTA3 default.ide and image? And is the ped you converted prostitute1 or prostitute2 in the GTA3 image?

At this time, I think the head animations for the cutscenes would be nearly impossible. It can probably be done eventually, but it would require a lot of research by a few people that are experts in a few areas.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 December 2005 - 10:49 PM Edited by GTA_Thomas, 09 December 2005 - 07:06 AM.

That really stinks that you can't make the mouths move, oh well. But it seems as tho there are only a few people with the skills to figure it out, Its hard enough trying to find somebody who knows how to assign .col files to the sky scrapers. The mod really seems to be moving along quite nicely.

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2005 - 12:07 AM

Not many updates at the moment. Im doing way to much overtime at work cry.gif but on an upnote, ive started on the 1st island, and whats left of the rest. What would be good at this point is for people to list here what objects/buildings , that have invisible areas where there should be a part of the model. To start a list here goes

1.Damaged lights, barriers
2.red barrels at the bottom of the damn, near the end mission
3.8balls garage ssv or staunton, the back of a toolbox is missing, also the back of the door.

Links to screenshots of the area with radar map in the screenie would be helpful, but if its a well known area, description would be fine. So post away, lets make all those inivisble bits whole again. catloaf_by_anuj.gif for all who post!

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 December 2005 - 07:08 AM

ill find some locations for you choofy, but its 2:00 am here and im off to bed, ill get you some screenshots tomarrow, maybe. they are my specialty. i really am looking forward to that catloaf catloaf_by_anuj.gif

Stuff_of_Legends
  • Stuff_of_Legends

Don't Got None on Mars

• Members

Posted 11 December 2005 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE (Choofy @ Dec 8 2005, 17:07)

Links to screenshots of the area with radar map in the screenie would be helpful, but if its a well known area, description would be fine.  So post away, lets make all those inivisble bits whole again.  catloaf_by_anuj.gif  for all who post!

Here is one for you. It's the back side of the stairs going up to the Hepburn Heights El Train station.
I'm running the latest V6 that has many of the ped fixes in it.

Invisible Stairs

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2005 - 05:19 AM

Thankyou for a very clear to read,excellently detailed fault. Is this the latest version with the '2dfix' files removed? If so its because the 1st island, and a bit of the 2nd hasnt been fixed yet (in craigs notes it says that there may be some one sided objects). Your best bet would be to check out the 3rd island for any invisible bits, as its all been done. And any find will be 'new', and very appreciated.
Regards Choofy

Stuff_of_Legends
  • Stuff_of_Legends

Don't Got None on Mars

• Members

Posted 11 December 2005 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE (Choofy @ Dec 10 2005, 22:19)
Thankyou for a very clear to read,excellently detailed fault. Is this the latest version with the '2dfix' files removed? If so its because the 1st island, and a bit of the 2nd hasnt been fixed yet (in craigs notes it says that there may be some one sided objects). Your best bet would be to check out the 3rd island for any invisible bits, as its all been done. And any find will be 'new', and very appreciated.
Regards Choofy

Yes it is the 2dfix removed version. I just started a new game on this release and haven't gotten around to exploring the other islands yet. I will keep that in mind when I grab a heli and head over to SSV to terrorize them Columbians that I so very much dislike. Keep up the excelent work, here's a couple holiday cookie.gif xmas.gif cookie.gif cookies and some breadfish_by_Moto.gif to go with your catloaf_by_anuj.gif .

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 11 December 2005 - 09:53 AM

Perhaps an easier way is to use the debug script to help test - you can get further detail on locations thanks to the red coordinates in the top left hand corner. If you want to play right through LC as well, just back-up your original main.scm and don't try to load a save file with the debug scm.

You can get a debug scm from here - don't forget to rename it to main.scm before trying to use it. At least that way you'll have access to all the islands without having to worry about missions, or gangs attacking you, etc.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 December 2005 - 12:39 AM

about the stairs pic. there are so many of those "flat" objects that it would be impossible to fix them all. almost every railing or fence is that way. but good luck anyways choofy. sorry for not being online lately to help you, but my PC gave up on me. im on a crappy laptop. ill get you my msn asap

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 12 December 2005 - 07:11 AM

It's been fixed once before. It isn't too tough. And we still have the files of the old 2D fix so we know exactly what needs updating to get back to where we were.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:05 PM

@Choofy:
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you asked, but I found two one-sided walls in Saint Marks. They are only visible from east to west.
1st wall
2nd wall

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:39 PM

He (AFAIK) hasn't done that island yet so the 2dfixes are gone bit the new ones aren't in yet.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 December 2005 - 01:22 AM Edited by GTA_Thomas, 13 December 2005 - 04:07 AM.

I found that wall earlier today too konstantinos. You beat me too it. I did find another problem needed fixing, I will post a pic later. But you all know how reliable I am, it could be next week!

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (Y_Less @ Dec 12 2005, 17:39)
He (AFAIK) hasn't done that island yet so the 2dfixes are gone bit the new ones aren't in yet.

So, does that mean that we shouldn't report such things in Portland because he already knows? I'm not quite clear about that point. There's a dozen more examples, like the I/E garage's front wall from inside and the whole Easy credit autos building also from inside.

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2005 - 05:42 PM

Good post Konstantinos
Yes at this moment it means no need to post for anything on the 1st, and a bit of the 2nd island. The 3rd island is the one to test, as other than the few ive found, listed in my posts, the rest would be new. Thankyou all once again. I wont post for a few days, im working on a gtalc forums xmas present, and needless to say its taking up my time, but dont think I have dissapeared, or stopped work on LC catloaf_by_anuj.gif
P.s Gta_Thomas, its ok, we dont all get the time, still it would have been good for you to be the 1st to test out the subway biggrin.gif

Hammer83
  • Hammer83

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (Choofy @ Dec 13 2005, 12:42)
im working on a gtalc forums xmas present

Ummm, looking forward biggrin.gif Take your time.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (Choofy @ Dec 13 2005, 13:42)
still it would have been good for you to be the 1st to test out the subway biggrin.gif

WHAT?!?!? your kidding right?
you better not be, oh boy do i want that subway. im really excited now even though im almost 100% certain that was a joke.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 16 December 2005 - 07:38 PM

Sorry for dtiching this place. I haven't have much time or interest. Well I'm back with some discoveries on one-sided textures if these haven't been discovered before:
user posted image
user posted image

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 16 December 2005 - 08:04 PM

Welcome back space. I hope you enjoyed your break. There's been several times over the last two years that I've needed some time off as well. Since Choofy started helping out though, I've felt a lot more motivation to keep going. The new 2D-fix stuff is only about 1/3 done. Most if not all of Shoreside Vale is done. And I think half of Staunton Island is done. Nothing has been done with Portland yet.

Choofy's also the only guy doing new peds and that's what he's focusing his time on now. The public version of beta 2 v6 will have a complete 2D-fix and all of the peds converted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users