» «
Photo

Model fixes

105 replies to this topic
Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:45 PM Edited by Ben, 23 May 2007 - 11:15 PM.

Hello
This started out as just removing '2dfix' items, now it has turned out to be a helpfull thing in adressing some issues, as well as uncovering others. These files replace the originals. Files for Lc models I hope you guys enjoy these, they give a better lighting effect overall, but retain the original lighting. The best way is to rid your gta3.img and gta3maps/folder of all 2dfix items. But for those running v5b here is some .ipls to effectively turn of the 2dfixes on the 3rd and 2nd islands. 2dfix turnoff ipls Backup the 2dfix folder within the data/gta3maps/ directory. and drag drop this into your main install directory. Then replace the models in the gta3.img with the ones provided.

Hammer83
  • Hammer83

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 November 2005 - 02:36 AM

Choofy this is a great initiative, if you can get rid of 2dfix it would be totally awesome. Unfortunately I can't offer to test all this since I have little time these days, but I just want to let you know that your work is going to be a huge addition (subtraction? biggrin.gif) to LC.

Oppix56
  • Oppix56

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 November 2005 - 09:16 PM

Looks like a good improvement. Keep us uspdated! turn.gif

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2005 - 07:34 AM

This is (hopefully) a fix for the glitched fish factory destroyed model in the glitch forum.
user posted image
Inside/outside visible (Could someone confirm that this is what needed fixing please) smile.gif Cheers Choofy

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 23 November 2005 - 10:10 AM

I must also say this is great work, keep it up (please tounge.gif). I don't know about the fish factory glitch, sorry.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 24 November 2005 - 08:16 AM

Excellent work, Choofy. I'm very interested in this as LC seems to run a little slower on my PC than VC does. Also, being a dial-up user, if this makes the setup file smaller, than I'd be very grateful as well. Those are nice pics - keep up the good work:
cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2005 - 11:02 AM

Thankyou all for the kind posts tounge.gif

Ssv needs only 2 more remodeled files to finish it! Then the long trudge through the other 2 islands, then onto more fixes/interiors? smile.gif
Regards Choofy

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 25 November 2005 - 12:50 AM

Just a quick question - is this being done on a v5b setup? I was just curious because isn't the entire image file being rebuilt for v6? Won't this have some sort of effect on that?

*PM sent*.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 25 November 2005 - 04:22 AM

Yes the image is being rebuilt from scratch. But this (if it works) would help that process greatly. We know the exact order that the files should be added into the archive. This step would simply eliminate all of the _rev files. Once I receive all of the files to remove the 2Dfix, there will likely be a public testing period (possibly with an installer to test).

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:50 AM Edited by Choofy, 26 November 2005 - 06:56 AM.

I run v5b, 2 copys, one original and the other the same but with all 2dfixes removed (over 400 files) So far over 1/4 of the total 400 or so of the remodeled files has been done, added to the non 2dfix version. Running ok, and loading from the same save games. Some of the 2dfixes reference damagable objects, which cant be, as the damagable models use 2 models, and the 2dfixes for these items adress only 1 model. The mesh fence with barbed wire ontop around the construction site in staunton, if you knock peices of it over, you are left with a damaged model on the ground, barbed wire visible on one side of it only, and looking this at the hole in the fence, one sided barbed wire is hanging in mid air. This fixes that also. Maybe Somewhere to post for any model glitches now(ive found around 20 ranging from damaged traffic lights, the inside of the bottom is invisible, to the ring of buildings behind the portland save garage, have incorrect back polygons, as they dont line up with the building(big holes in there). Where anyone can post if they find a one sided object, or invisible/missing parts of things, damagable objects in particular, as the traffic lights are new finds, that havent been adressed yet(maybe the glitch forum, i would expect around another 100 new finds to be fixed, so while i have it all opened up in 3dmax we can get all the models bug free. But for the new img this wont affect anything, its as craig said smile.gif (An installer! Great! biggrin.gif ) ALso I used Ide killer with an altered all.ide file, to kill off the 2dfixes, and im using 'Kams scripts' for all of the 3dmax work. Kam if you read this,your scripts are incredible. Thankyou for making them, for the whole comunity to enjoy.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:55 AM

Choofy, you obviously know a lot about models. If someone has a list of some of the bad collision files for buildings, do you think you could fix them after you've finished all of the the 2dfixes?

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 12:27 PM

Thats kind of how I originally ended up in here. I tried the v5b, and seen the outstanding work done by the coders with the missions etc then i flew onto the roof of a building and went through it, so I investigated. Most of the collisions to fix this are already in v5b, they are just in the .col files within the different islands folders. They need to be placed into the respective .col files in the actual image. However some of the materials on the .cols arent right, so they need to be edited, also the cols may not all be right, as the building infront of luigis club, you land about 2 metres above the rooftop. But yes definetly post away a list on them. My plan of attack is to do the edited originals that replace the need for 2dfixes first, then any other bugs, to do with buildings/objects, then cols, and if no one has started/done any I can model some interiors. The majority of the above I have notified Craig of smile.gif These from the glitches forum Quote: Mapping bugs:
The destroyed Callahan Bridge needs a 2D-Fix.
So does the destroyed Fish Factory.
The back of the garage in Saint Mark's (the one used in 'Rigged to Blow' is transparent and it has no collision.
Inside of 8-Ball's shop needs a 2D-Fix as well.

Other bugs:
The subway path (or model) needs updating.
Either the path or the model of the 747s need changing as they sink into the ground.
Many tall buildings do not have collision data.

I should be able to handle also, the paths being the last as I dont know if I have the time for it all.

Awaiting a huge post on things needed fixing! (in respect to models collisions) catloaf_by_anuj.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:59 PM

inlove.gif choofy choofy choofy! i will love you if you fix the subway path. i have brought this error up many times but nobody had to time to work on it, but craig said that if the subway does not get fixed before v6, that he will not even include the subway train in that download. thats not good, i may have an idea on fixing it. you might just have to move the coardinates a little to the left...
and another thing. please please please model some interiors, we were told back when v1 was released that we would get interiors sometime. silver 007 took the bistro from san an and put it in the bisto in lc. he is now working on the airport from vc and putting into the airport in lc. please think about doing some interiors, you obviosly know alot and you defenatly deserve a spot on the covoted team list...

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:18 PM

Anyone that does anything physical for the mod will definately be added to the list. Other people will be added as is seen fit if it is deemed their contributions are worth it, unfortunately, that is not my call. But choofy will certinately be added for this.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 11:31 PM Edited by benisablink182fan, 26 November 2005 - 11:56 PM.

QUOTE (Choofy @ Nov 26 2005, 23:27)
Awaiting a huge post on things needed fixing! (in respect to models collisions) catloaf_by_anuj.gif

Well, I don't actually have a list, and it'd be way too tedious to go through and check each building/col file for yourself. I was thinking that someone on the team might actually have a list...

Or, if there's a quicker way to check it? I don't know - if it has to be done physically (as in actually check each building in game) then I would be happy to help out, but I won't have time until after Christmas. Just let me know and I'll see what I can do to help wink.gif.

EDIT - In regards to the col files, do you think it would be possible to make Ghost Town "unsolid" like it is in GTA3 (except for the ground of course biggrin.gif) and release the edited col files for download in the Unofficial Mods section? Craig has said that this won't happen as an official version of the mod, but I'd still like to be able to play with this option.

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 27 November 2005 - 12:14 AM

I like Ghost Town being solid... Now, if you could get pedestrians walking around in it, maybe ghostly-looking ones... That'd be so cool. biggrin.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 November 2005 - 02:33 AM

well... IMO i like ghost town as it is. it doesnt need peds because they would just end up falling into the infinate voide colgate.gif

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2005 - 05:13 AM

Yes No collisionable buildings on ghost island is easily done. Ghost Lods(On yousendit) Anyone doing this read the Readme.txt first. This works for v5b, but anyone with any other version, can simply extract the 'Bank, Building1,Building3,Building4,Building5,Cutsceneroad1,Cutesceneroad2,cutsceneroad3,cutsceneroad4,cutscenevan1 and rear_building from the landsw.col found in the 'Non solid' folder, and replace the items respectively into your version of Landsw.col from the gta3.img The item names are self explanatory as to what you would want/need replace.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 27 November 2005 - 05:27 AM

Hey thanks a lot - just grabbed myself a copy of that. I will enjoy! cookie.gif

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:29 PM Edited by Choofy, 27 November 2005 - 09:33 PM.

Hello all
This probably doesnt belong here, but not an unnoficial mod either, as its not a official release of anysort. The outro (exit)screen with all of the helpers names on it, i always change, for any gta, to something thats easy on the eyes after hours upon hours in lc/vc/gta3 smile.gif Yet the names need to be in mine somewhere, or else i feel guilty of not giving credit where its due. I modeled a fountain last night,and if its ok, with the original people who's names are listed, i would add them to the walls of the fountain monument instead, for my gta.
Picture link Fountain A few of the textures need redoing(the base for starters it looks horrid), and a few quick lights added, but its ok I guess, its only placed where it is now for bug testing.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 28 November 2005 - 02:10 AM

The fountain wouldn't make it into any official release. To me it just seems out of place. We have to give ourselves credit for our work, but I also don't want to shove it in anybody's face. The outro screen seems like a perfect place to do that. I also considered redoing the end game credits, but the guys at R* deserve their credit as well.

Choofy: I'd like to see some of your work in game. Do you think you could send me the files for the areas that you have 100% done? If you don't want everyone to see your unfinished work, you can send it through a PM if you want.

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2005 - 11:19 AM

Exactly Craig. Thats why i said not official or unofficial as its only for my lc tounge.gif I have around 150 or so files u need to replace of the originals, and no not afraid of posting unfinished work, ive been urging anyone to test this since my first post. Testers should be running Lc(any version)with any of the 2dfix lines ,filesetc removed. Then use the ones provided to replace the originals in the gta3.img. I will get home from work and go like crazy on the files left needed for the 2nd island. So it will be 2 full islands to test, not 1 and a half, then shall rar and post the files plus readme.

Kurropt Antagonist
  • Kurropt Antagonist

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:04 PM

Choofy, great work. What more can I say? biggrin.gif

bloodyskies
  • bloodyskies

lick my Ballers

• Members

Posted 28 November 2005 - 09:11 PM

Slightly offtopic I know, but Craig, do you plan to change the end credits to the GTA3 ones instead of VC? Seems a bit odd having Tom Sizemore, Ray Liotta, Jenna Jameson etc on there instead of Michael Madsen et al, not to mention the GFX artists etc.. the engine development stuff should obviously stay as VC, but seems a bit odd to have obviously VC credits at the end of the game! Also, the credits are particularly slow running, so they could be speeded up a little bit to allow for LC conversion team credits maybe?

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 November 2005 - 09:35 PM

thats a great idea bloodyskies. it took a very long time for the credits to finnish after i beat the game. i decided to be impatient and skip them it was so long. i agree it does seem odd having all the voice actors on the credits from vc. adding the gta3 ones will make alot more sence. sly.gif

@choofy: good luck with the 2dfixes, the team is depending on you! lol, take your time. dont rush and make it look sloppy, v6 is a a while away from being done anyways. btw craig, did you get an update from cole on the peds!?!? whats going on, we need more info. if he decided to drop the peds than id be glad to work on it colgate.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 29 November 2005 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Nov 28 2005, 15:35)
btw craig, did you get an update from cole on the peds!?!? whats going on, we need more info. if he decided to drop the peds than id be glad to work on it colgate.gif

I've heard nothing about the peds from anybody lately.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2005 - 07:00 AM

bah, i read a while ago that cole was doing the rest of the peds cry.gif
this whole time i thought they were being taken care of, when i could have been converting them dontgetit.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 29 November 2005 - 08:00 AM

Over the last two years, I've heard a lot of people say they'd do something and then never do it. I've learned to not get my hopes up until I actually receive the work. That's also why I wait until I actually receive something before I update the team page. I'm still hoping that Cole will come around and do some peds for us.

But as a general rule, never wait for somebody else to do something if you're willing and able to do it yourself. Even if someone else did the same file that you did (and I took theirs for whatever reason) you still learned something in the process and you'd be able to do the next one that much easier.

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2005 - 12:44 AM

Ok The 3rd island files, and 3/4 of the 2nd island files available. Started work on the last of the 2nd island files, and the 1st island. Whew 200 odd down, and tested, everything seems fine, i can drive around without crashing the game (testers if there is a game crash in certain areas be sure to let me know, and what area , thanks smile.gif

--Cole--
  • --Cole--

stfu n00b lol

• Members

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Nov 29 2005, 08:00)
Over the last two years, I've heard a lot of people say they'd do something and then never do it. I've learned to not get my hopes up until I actually receive the work. That's also why I wait until I actually receive something before I update the team page. I'm still hoping that Cole will come around and do some peds for us.

But as a general rule, never wait for somebody else to do something if you're willing and able to do it yourself. Even if someone else did the same file that you did (and I took theirs for whatever reason) you still learned something in the process and you'd be able to do the next one that much easier.

Sorry about all of that...I've been busy with all of the sh*t that happens when you have a real life and school and a job and I've been really lazy with my free time. And then, my computer (the one with all of my GTA stuff) was in the shop, the power box got fried after a surge. It's back now though, and I can start back up on the ped fixes again, although I'm still not sure exactly what I'm supposed to do...?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users