Photo

Mission: "The Pick Up" - suggestions?

8 replies to this topic
thegreatmanda
  • thegreatmanda

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2005 - 09:20 AM

I should warn everyone that I'm really new at this - until a few weeks ago, my computer sucked so bad that it would overheat and restart if I played GTA3 for more than 30 minutes or so. And that was the best comp I ever had. So like. As far as I am right now is as far as I've ever thought about being in this game.

So I keep trying the Tony mission called "The Pick Up," where you pick up the briefcase in Chinatown and Triads ambush you. I've searched out a lot of walkthrough info/tips on the mission, and the best advice I've found is to get into a car right away and run over them, back and forth and so on. Except every time I try it, they somehow find a way to pull me out of the car (usually a Mafia Sentinel I've stolen for BP-ness) and beat me to death before I can get up. And I get armor and full health before every attempt. I just. I don't know that there's anything else anyone can tell me that might help, I'm just so FRUSTRATED right now I had to ask. angry.gif

D Jones
  • D Jones

smoked out

• Members

Posted 20 November 2005 - 10:24 AM

I suggest to go left (I believe), where the Triad truck pulls up. Sprint past the two or one guy(s), and get into the truck. After that, circle around the block and get ready to hit a few more trucks. After that, it should be a piece of cake.

jacobjc12
  • jacobjc12

Liberty City's most deadly assassin

• Members

Posted 20 November 2005 - 12:33 PM

If you still have the shotgun from 1 of Luigi's mission then that would help you, if you don't make sure you have at least 3 clips of ammo in a pistol and a bat(if you want it)

When you get to the place park your car in one of the alley ways so the triads can't come through and you can kill them easily. But leave those guys alone until you get the other guys, the ones with bats will come at you first so take your bat and whack them then pull out your pistol and shoot anyone thats shooting at you. Then kill the other guys that you trapped with your car. After that get out of the alley andhead towrds the triad in the truck, pull him out then whack him with your bat (you can shoot him but the bat will save you ammo), then just hijack any car and head back to Tony's that plan always works for me.

Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 20 November 2005 - 03:39 PM

If this is the mission where you go into an alley, and they come to you from 3 sides, I've done it this way.

Before you go and pickup the briefcase, block atleast two of the 3 exits with cars. Pick up the case and as soon as the triads get out and trying to get to you, blow up the car, killing them. Repeat for other side. Now a Triadvan will come up and two guys will exit. Kill them and gtfo. smile.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2005 - 04:17 PM

Mafia Sentinels are not BP.

Here's my page on Toni's missions. That walkthrough should help you all the way to 100% colgate.gif

thegreatmanda
  • thegreatmanda

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:16 AM

Thanks everybody for answering, it's been a big help. I think I haven't developed the right mindset for playing this game yet (or I'm just an idiot, which is entirely possible). I had tried blocking one exit with a car, but it never occurred to me to go steal a second one and block another alleyway. Once I did that, it was cake what with the grenades and all.

Mafia Sentinels are not BP

blush.gif Apparently I mistook window tint for BP. Good thing it wasn't hugely important. Also thanks for the link, how handy. colgate.gif

JustinGunnar
  • JustinGunnar

Claudette Speed

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 04:19 PM

Hmm that's new to me. ^^

I always used a Taxi, jumped in and ran over the two infront of me going fullspeed so they had no time to pull me out and then I did a drive by on the ones in the truck and ran over the other two that would come out in the street.

dunbrine47
  • dunbrine47

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:54 AM

* I know, I know, 8 year old bump*
This mission plus ps2 aiming and camera; either I suck at this mission or the game is screwing me over with the camera.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (dunbrine47 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 01:54)
* I know, I know, 8 year old bump*
This mission plus ps2 aiming and camera; either I suck at this mission or the game is screwing me over with the camera.

I just blew them all to pieces with my uzi .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users