Photo

How to fly the skimmer?!

11 replies to this topic
seiki
  • seiki

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 November 2005 - 05:16 PM

I've been looking around guides and all for the Dildo Dodo mission, the one where you get to fly a seaplane to distribute flyers. The plane simply doesn't take off at all! BTW I have the PC game version.

I've been driving it forward (UP key) as instructed, all the way from Prawn Island to Viceport and the damn plane doesn't leave the surface! It takes off just a little bit almost near the upper end of the map and when I try to turn around, down it goes again! angry.gif

I tried going all the way back again to see if it gains momentum but to no avail ... so how on earth am I supposed to reach the checkpoints if that plane doesn't even fly?! Anyone encountered the same problem? Any solutions?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2005 - 05:21 PM

Did you search these forums? I think even the game itself references the fact that you need to nose up and nose down to control speed and altitude.

seiki
  • seiki

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 November 2005 - 05:54 PM

Nopes. The game only says 'UP/W to accelerate, left/right for direction'. All these times I tried it never mentioned about nosing up or down. I knew about nosing down from heli control but not nose up. Just checked controls and number 6 is 'lean up' ... tried it and it takes off!

Thanks for the tip colgate.gif Now I can clear that mission

_blitzkrieg_
  • _blitzkrieg_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:16 PM

hey pc gamer here.. i dont know the nose down and up keys! some one help me fly this damned plane!! how do i take it off....

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2005 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (_blitzkrieg_ @ Nov 28 2005, 10:16)
hey pc gamer here.. i dont know the nose down and up keys! some one help me fly this damned plane!! how do i take it off....

Pause the game.

Go to Options --> Controller Setup --> Redefine Controls. The controls necessary are turret + lean up, and turret + lean down. Simply check what the preset conrols are, or redefine others to your liking.

Bluesky
  • Bluesky

Vice, Vice, Baby!

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 November 2005 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE (Fuzzy Juzzy @ Nov 28 2005, 04:54)
QUOTE (_blitzkrieg_ @ Nov 28 2005, 10:16)

Pause the game.

Go to Options --> Controller Setup --> Redefine Controls. The controls necessary are turret + lean up, and turret + lean down. Simply check what the preset conrols are, or redefine others to your liking.

Ahh, thats a great idea smile.gif

Jw but how did you come accroast that. did you hear of it on the internet via friends or did you figure it out. Either way i think that discovery is great.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE (Bluesky @ Nov 28 2005, 16:56)
Jw but how did you come accroast that. did you hear of it on the internet via friends or did you figure it out. Either way i think that discovery is great.

Personally, before I play any game, I read the instruction manual and fiddle with the options to ensure optimal performance for both myself and my PC.

It's not as if it's a relatively unknown feature of the game, though. Most games these days have similar control-defining options.

I'm glad you're pleased by the discovery, though. smile.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 November 2005 - 09:43 PM

ok, if you have to original controlls for the PC its this. numpad 6 to lift up and numpad 9 to nosedive. rember to keep the plane as parrall to the ground as possible, holding 6 too long will make you go streight up and nose dive anyways. good luck wink.gif

Bluesky
  • Bluesky

Vice, Vice, Baby!

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (Fuzzy Juzzy @ Nov 28 2005, 06:01)
QUOTE (Bluesky @ Nov 28 2005, 16:56)

Personally, before I play any game, I read the instruction manual and fiddle with the options to ensure optimal performance for both myself and my PC.

It's not as if it's a relatively unknown feature of the game, though. Most games these days have similar control-defining options.

I'm glad you're pleased by the discovery, though. smile.gif

Yeah, heh smile.gif

But normally when i get a game, i just start playing it cause im more then likely to be so excited so i just jump right inot the game and play. I'll skim through the controls but thats about it comparing or if for instance i dont understand something.

Then I'll dust of the manual and look through it

vds2212
  • vds2212

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2005 - 08:41 PM

Dear All,

I just had huge trouble to take off skimmer. After weeks of desperation I found a solution.
It appear that my setting file was kind a corrupted. It worked for nearly all the mission including, fire, taxi, helicoptere but not for that one.

So for a mysterious raeson I decided to clear my gta_vc.set file and since then it work gracefully.

accelerating (up or W for english keyboard) and then
nosing up (NUM6) wich is a bit unnatural at first glance

I was so desperate not being able to find the solution on the net that wrote this maybe unncessary reply in the hope that it will help someone someday. :-)

maazkap
  • maazkap

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2005 - 06:43 AM

plz someone provide me the save file after dildo dodo mission to my
email address [email protected]

bye

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2005 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (maazkap @ Dec 30 2005, 17:43)
plz someone provide me the save file after dildo dodo mission to my
email address [email protected]

bye

Save N Play.
Demarest's Vice City Cheat Code Tools. Look at Time Vault in this topic.

Read both those topics, and decide which option is best for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users