• Members

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:12 AM

i don't know i think mafia worked with those cartels

Newmonarch
  • Newmonarch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:39 PM

Well, in my opinion, Salvatore set the bomb.

Its clear because;

Italians actually does this kind of thing. If you watch Godfather series, they usually sneaking behind the enemy and killing them. For example, in Godfather 1, Tattaglia killed Luca Brasi with no attention. They first make him think they want to work with him, they offered 50k grands, after they killed him like dogs .

Also, after the father shot by Virgil's guys, Santino ordered Clemenza to kill that young boy. But, Clemenza never got front of him. He make that young boy think that he's still part of this family, so they were crusing around New York City to find something else...After, they went to the cityside, and Clemanza get out from the car to take a piss, while he was doing this, another guy in car killed the young boy in one shot.They acted very very good!

Also, in 1992, San Andreas, Salvatore did wrong to Carl Johnson. This means that, Salvatore is not reliable as all italian gang families. If we look at the Maria's words at 2001, in LC, she says " Salvotore is paranoic, he thinks about everyone, he is searching everybody else etc. He is also not İtalian as Toni Cipriani says while introducing him to the Don, its makes suspicious the Claude.

As I know, Diablo's and Mafia are far from friends. As you all know, we are doing jobs for El Diablo by the telephone, most probably, Salvatore knew that fact and wanted to destroy him. Not only by this, because as Maria says, negotiations between Cartel and Mafia resulted as , destroying him. Because, Catalina is fearing from Claude for revenge.

Because of this fair, she does some other things to kill us in Gta 3. For example, last mission of the Yardie's, we are going to pick up a car, but after, we are hearing Maria's voice from the cars radio that telling " Have you witnessed the power of the spank? " after, madmans with tons of bombs are coming to kill us. One of the missions of the Asuka, called "Bait" , Asuka informs us that Catalina settled some squads to kill us.

GrimRipperMods
  • GrimRipperMods

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

What a discussion tounge.gif

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:00 AM

My memory might be a bit out of shape, but, in that last mission for the Yardies, isn't that Catalina as well, not Maria?

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (Canoxa @ Jul 4 2010, 02:00)
My memory might be a bit out of shape, but, in that last mission for the Yardies, isn't that Catalina as well, not Maria?

Yes.

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:51 AM

You know I think it's likely that Sal tried to kill Claude. Really think about it

Claude was working for the Diablos as a previous poster said and the Mafia HATES the Diablos, not only that but it's not as if Claudes that trustworthy of a person. Hell he sold out the Yakuza for Donald Love, and then once Maria told him that her and Claude were having an affair why would he TRUST Claude? He's already parinod and was ripped off by a highly capabile killer in GTA SA, and now this man comes into his home, sleeps with his hoe and works for the emeny? Then Sal wanted to get in on Spank and have peace with the Cartel. The best way would be to kill Claude. If I was Sal, I would of gotten rid of him too...though a gun to the end would of been more effective....

Proud Fool
  • Proud Fool

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:04 PM

Hasen't anyone suspected 8 Ball (RIP), he was the expert in the explosive field afterall.

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:07 PM

8 Ball most likely supplied the bomb but I think it was someone else who placed it as a trap.

leper73
  • leper73

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:32 PM

My interpretation, and the breakdown:

1) The events of Bomb Da Base occur. Sal is pleased with Claude, wants to make him.

2) Either during or immediately after Bomb Da Base, Maria tells Sal that she and Claude are an item. Sal is furious.

3) Sal realizes that destroying the SPANK factory would bring about open war with the Cartel, something he can't afford since the Triad and Forelli wars have weakened the family.

4) Sal decides to kill two birds with one stone: get rid of Maria's lover and avoid war with the Cartel. He goes to Catalina or another Cartel rep and agrees to kill the guy responsible for the destruction of the SPANK factory in exchange for peace between the factions.

5) Sal commissions 8-Ball to supply the bomb to kill Claude (whether 8-Ball knows he's doing this to kill Claude is not immediately known), then lure him to his death with Last Requests.

Zedo Mann
  • Zedo Mann

Everyday I'm hustlin'!

• Members

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:14 PM

It makes sense...more sense than the original story idea now that I think about it in depth.

ClaudeSpeed_ToniLeonefan1
  • ClaudeSpeed_ToniLeonefan1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:03 AM

I have always thought that the Mission where you drive the boys (Toni, Joey and Luigi) to Salvatore's Manor was the turning point to how they thought of Claude. They no longer saw him being the Mafia's god send they saw him as a genuine threat. More to the point just look at the missions that Salvatore set Claude he could of so easily of been killed in all of them.

In "Chaperone" the Police Raid has been alerted by Salvatore I'm sure of it

In "Cutting the Grass" Again Claude could of really been killed easily

In "Bomb Da Base" A very easy way to get killed.

And Finally "Last Requests" Salvatore was officially not only pissed but worried that he wasn't dead, so the bomb in a car is the sneakiest.

After Claude had escaped that due to Maria there was no other choice other than to kill him and be done with it, that is the story.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:04 PM

Sorry for bumping this, but this topic got some real nice theories and I want to save it for later.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:10 PM

Since it's bumped, I'm staying on-topic.

There IS a possibility for this to happen. Maria was only used as a detonator to ignite the bomb named "Claude vs Salvatore". She is a dumb broad, as Salvatore stated, so she could have done it on her own will.

P.S. Off-topic. JustRob, in the future use the "Track this topic" function to be able to find it easily. There was no need in bumping it if that's what you did it for.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

I don't think Salvatore's missions were a way to get Claude killed. All but the last one were missions which had a real objective, I think Salvatore wanted Claude to succeed.

sportcrazy60
  • sportcrazy60

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:01 AM

You are not the only one!(5G: Bumping an OLD topic)

SLeek
  • SLeek

Down, with a frown, on the town, a sad clown

• Members

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:58 AM

Honestly guys, you need to read this:
Last Requests Script
If you read it, it makes some things clear.
1) Claude and Maria started a relantionship behind Salvatore's back. Maria had said to Sal: "we were an item".
2) That pissed off Salvatore and he figured out an plan
3) After Claude and 8-Ball had took out the boat, Salvatore made a deal with Colombians,but
It dosen't makes sense. One-hand Salvatore wanted to kill Claude and give him to the Colombians.
Anyway he sticked to the car killing.
4) IMPORTANT: 8-BALL PLANTED THE BOMB. Who was the "man you get a lot of bang for your buck?"
5) Salvatore wanted the Claude dead because he had a relationship with Maria. And Salvatore didn't need Claude anymore after the SPANK destruction. 50-50: to kill him or turn him up.

john12
  • john12

Good Bye!

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:31 PM Edited by john12, 05 November 2011 - 12:34 PM.

This is best meaning- Sal had to do something or else would be dead. so he hired 8-balls to kill claude. what do you all think that, in mission chapereno or whatever, did cops already knew that there was a spank party? no, the columbians had informed cops so that their spank business doesn't go down. how will their spank business would go down? they needed the trust of the cops so that their business doesn't get raided. to the point, sal found out that, curly was a rat and sent claude to investigate, when columbians talked with sal. How did they talked with sal? If you hadn't completed all the missions of toni, you can't do sal's mission while they are making a deal while maria heard it. so toni helped (1). afted listening to the deal, maria quickly gone to asuka, meanwhile, you and 8-balls go to the spanked ship, here already the columbians moved all the spank to stountan so they don't care if the ship is destroyed. here catalina and miguel didn't know that claude was alive. how? because the executives had setted everything. why did columbins still were in ship? it was a plan to kill you. and the money which you spent on rifle goes to joey, see carefully. so joey makes the cheetah car and it means he also helped (2). now to the last mission of sal. here sal gets worried that claude is still alive, so he calls and tell 8-balls what had happend, now 8-balls was loyal with sal so held him to kill claude (3). how? he made a bomb in the car. now afterwards, he called luigi (4) that to keep that cheetah near your club so that if the car doesn't explodes it means that something is wrong. now you claude attends the mission and follow the orders. now sal gets relief and goes to bed with maria, when he finds her missing.Otherside you go to red light distict to crush that vehicle in the crusher, when you get a message from maria that its a trap. now its your wish, if you want explode it with guns or not still sal knows that maria is missing so makes himself gaurded as you can see in asuka's first mission. now you go to maria and see new faces and jump into a boat and your another adventure starts. see yourself that 4 mafias helped you to kill so why do you think that mafias didn't betrayed you. they have given a hand to columbians and the have 100% cheated on you.

Kalev4ever
  • Kalev4ever

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:47 PM Edited by Kalev4ever, 12 January 2012 - 09:54 PM.

Firstly I believe it was Sal, who wanted to kill Claude. But I´ll return to this a bit later.

It just makes me laugh when I watch how the two betrayal missions (Last Requests and Kingdom Come) are given.

Salvatore L.: Firstly looking after his girl Maria, secondly killing Curly Bob, then sinking the container ship and then all of a suddenly the last mission, where it is said that you have to take a car to the crusher (A man who is one of the two, who sinks a big ship, while killing many Columbians and then after that he is being sent on a last mission to drive a car to the crusher, lol?). "I´ve got just one little job for you before we can all celebrate" - THEIR celebration if Claude would´ve got killed by the bomb.

King Courtney: Firstly a race, then killing 10 rival gang members (who will be hostile to Claude afterwards) and thirdly gathering some gang cars, that was a pointless time-consuming mission. God sakes, it seems that the Yardies and their posse have listened too much Scientist. Finally their last (betrayal) mission. A three-sentence long intro from the boss to introduce the mission, just doesn´t mean anything good. Why oh why wasn´t there a mission to kill King "Coward" Courtney? For such a betrayal it would´ve been logical wink.gif

I would not make things more complicated by the Last Requests. Years and years ago, in real life, when killing rate was quite high, it was typical that a "client" paid a hitman, to cap someone. When the act was done, the same "client" paid some other hitman, to cap the hitman, he had paid for the first time, etc etc...
For me it was most likely that Sal didn´t need Claude any more and maybe Maria and the "topic going on" provoked him more to do it. I wouldn´t blame 8-Ball, because it would be quite easy for Sal to ask 8-Ball to plant a bomb on to the Cheetah to "eliminate an enemy, who needs to be taken care of once and for all" - this is the part for the guys, who want to make the topic more complicated - where did the Cheetah come from? You could not go to Staunton Island before this mission. Maybe from the guy, who drove a Cheetah in the mission Chaperone?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users