Photo

Last Requests

77 replies to this topic
NickB
  • NickB

"Its Just Buisness"

• Members

Posted 01 January 2006 - 07:54 AM

actually,how WOULD maria know that there was a bomb in that car?
gr8 thinking riffraff
----------
BTW happy new year

pato303
  • pato303

gta boss

• Members

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:04 AM

but it also costs money to terminate their 3 year contract if you dont want that.
i think thats why you can choose the length of the contract.

pato303
  • pato303

gta boss

• Members

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:07 AM

im pretty sure salvatore set you up.i wondered why he sent you on such dangerous assignments solo prior to last requests

Rown
  • Rown

weltvolkzeit

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:29 AM

While I have believed for a long time that it was solely that actions of Salvatore, and that his mannerisms prove this... I am now shaken.. I think for the hell of it that this will become my new belief.

RiffRaff has managed to present his argument in a clear, and understandable manner, so I will reward him by believing him. I like things that make me think...

Rown rampage_ani.gif

Davo the Assassin
  • Davo the Assassin

Andolini Mafia Family - Blood is thicker than Water

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (pato303 @ Jan 25 2006, 04:07)
im pretty sure salvatore set you up.i wondered why he sent you on such dangerous assignments solo prior to last requests

Because Claude is his hired goon. Most bosses don't care about their goons, hence they'll send them on dangerous missions.

But I think Salvatore began to discover Claude was good at completeing these Dangerous missions quickly, effectively, and without question. So more of an reason to give Claude all the dangerous missions.
-Davo

Xanarki
  • Xanarki

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:08 PM

Yeah how DID Maria know about the car bomb anyway?

Riff is a winnar.

NickB
  • NickB

"Its Just Buisness"

• Members

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:57 AM

i reckon riffraff should get a gold star

Pulseczar
  • Pulseczar

Mellow Gold

• Members

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:00 AM

So Claude was played by the Yakuza? - I feel so... used. tounge.gif

If Salvatore hadn't have planted a bomb, why does he yell "there he is, waste him!" in the mission 'Sayonara Salvatore'? Wouldn't something like "Hey Claude!" have been more suitable if they were still buds?

Makes you think. monocle.gif

Man In Black
  • Man In Black

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (Pulseczar @ Jan 30 2006, 00:00)
So Claude was played by the Yakuza? - I feel so... used. tounge.gif

If Salvatore hadn't have planted a bomb, why does he yell "there he is, waste him!" in the mission 'Sayonara Salvatore'? Wouldn't something like "Hey Claude!" have been more suitable if they were still buds?

Makes you think. monocle.gif

'Zactly.

D Jones
  • D Jones

smoked out

• Members

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:24 AM

Heh.

Maria could've easily over-heard Salvatore planning on killing Claude/Fido (which ever you pefer). That being said, she called up a old friend in Auska to meet her at the docks. When they infact do meet there, Maria pages Claude/Fido to meet her at the docks to make an escape from Portland. After that, you're working for Auska now, and since you did blow up a whole boat filled with Columbians and SPANK for a mafia boss, that you did work for, she told you to go out and kill your boss to make sure she could trust you.

rav0
  • rav0

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:50 AM

After completing the entire game, you don't find out that that mission was not as it seemed. If it were something like a TV show, you only know the episodes that have been aired, but in this case we know the end.

Following the mission, you never find the bomb in the car, you are just told to not go to the car, but if you ignore the instructions, and go to the car, something has to happen to make you go to Maria instead. Just a locked car or no car would be pretty lame. Think about it sly.gif .

Also;"There he is, waste him!".

pato303
  • pato303

gta boss

• Members

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (rav0 @ Jan 30 2006, 11:50)
After completing the entire game, you don't find out that that mission was not as it seemed. If it were something like a TV show, you only know the episodes that have been aired, but in this case we know the end.

Following the mission, you never find the bomb in the car, you are just told to not go to the car, but if you ignore the instructions, and go to the car, something has to happen to make you go to Maria instead. Just a locked car or no car would be pretty lame. Think about it sly.gif .

Also;"There he is, waste him!".

there is a bomb in the car cause i suicidally got in and somehow i got out quickly enough to not die.

Scrap Iron
  • Scrap Iron

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:42 AM

The original poster is reading too much into this...

Thanks to the antics of a certain someone in Las Venturas, San Andreas, Salvatore's trust has been abused.

He returns to Liberty City only to find even more people itching to bury a knife in his back (Forellis, Sindaccos, and Sicilians, oh my!).

Fast forward a couple of years later where Claude is working for Salvatore. After having been screwed so many times in the past by subordinates, combined with Maria shooting off her mouth about a supposed affair, Salvatore figures its time to double cross Claude before old Claude can double cross him. Plus, this could possibly set things right between his family and the Colombians...business is better than war after all. Maybe Salvatore finally decided it didn't make much sense to turn one's back on the drug trade while everyone else in the city reaped the rewards, just as Sonny Forelli realized decades ago.

That's it in a nutshell. Asuka and the rest of the Yakuza simply took advantage of the situation and brought Claude into their organization, provided he proved his loyalty by whacking Salvatore.

helegad133
  • helegad133

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (MurphDog @ Dec 16 2005, 02:40)
Also Helegad133... where did you get your GTA Advance ROM?

Sorry MurphDog, I don't visit GTA3 forums much anymore, cause now I can't play it on my PC. But anyway, about the ROM. The only clue I'm gonna give you is LimeWire. There. Period. Full-stop.

dj100
  • dj100

king of Liberty

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:57 PM

[B][I][SIZE=14] cmon man , Salvatore was just a lunatic old man , it was a pleasure to kill him after i saw how he treated maria rahkstar2.gif

dj100
  • dj100

king of Liberty

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:58 PM

[B][I][SIZE=14] cmon man , Salvatore was just a lunatic old man , it was a pleasure to kill him after i saw how he treated maria rahkstar2.gif

Tony Vitali
  • Tony Vitali

The Zombie Elvis Hunter

• Members

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:07 PM Edited by Tony Vitali, 24 May 2006 - 11:42 PM.

Hmm... Has everyone forgot 8-Ball! After the "Bomb da base" mission you never see him again. Maybe he got jealous to Claude for his high respect in the Leone family. Afterall, 8-Ball introduced Claude to the Leone mafia first place. And where else you can have a car which blows up when started. Or maybe Salvatore made him too it and killed him after that?! Or he gets to keep his life against Claude's?!

Dragonex100
  • Dragonex100

I run this town! Me!

• Members

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:55 AM

Umm, he actually did betray you. At first, I didn't believe Maria and went in the car, and it blew up. But maybe the Yazuka could've planted the bomb to avoid Claude knowing it was a set-up...

JohnnyPepper
  • JohnnyPepper

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:34 PM

This is some nice speculation, but "There he is, waste him!" kind of crashes this.

ATK
  • ATK

Drive Slow

• Feroci Racing

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (Tony Vitali @ Apr 19 2006, 11:07)
Hmm... Has everyone forgot 8-Ball! After the "Bomb da base" mission you never see him again. Maybe he got jealous to Claude for his high respect in the Leone family. Afterall, 8-Ball introduced Claude to the Leone mafia first place. And where else you can have a car which blows up when started. Or maybe Salvatore made him too it and killed him after that?! Or he gets to keep his life against Claude's?!

this makes a lot of sense 8-ball was in with the Leone family...and is the only bomb man in the city...but I think there is another mission in the game later on that mentions getting a car rigged by 8-ball...

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (ATK @ Mar 18 2009, 20:59)

this makes a lot of sense 8-ball was in with the Leone family...and is the only bomb man in the city...but I think there is another mission in the game later on that mentions getting a car rigged by 8-ball...

After 8 Bll presents you to Luigi he doesn't appear again until "Bomb da base", so you can't say that he doesn't appear after "Bomb da base" and use it to support a theory. Anyway he might or he might not have known of Salvatore's trap, I don't think he asked all of his customers what they want to do with the bomb. You use 8 Ball's services again later on the storyline, although I can't use this to support anything for the same reasons I've said.

Anyway, I prefer thinking he was betrayed by Salvatore. I loved killing him.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (JohnnyPepper @ Mar 18 2009, 21:34)
This is some nice speculation, but "There he is, waste him!" kind of crashes this.

Maybe the Leone's had found out that Claude was away from them and started working with another organization and was ordered to kill Sal.

Anyways, Claude questions why Maria said it was her fault Sal set him up, pay attention to his hands on that cutscene.

ATK
  • ATK

Drive Slow

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Mar 18 2009, 17:24)

After 8 Bll presents you to Luigi he doesn't appear again until "Bomb da base", so you can't say that he doesn't appear after "Bomb da base" and use it to support a theory. Anyway he might or he might not have known of Salvatore's trap, I don't think he asked all of his customers what they want to do with the bomb. You use 8 Ball's services again later on the storyline, although I can't use this to support anything for the same reasons I've said.

You do know that bomb da base is before Last requests which is the topic of discussion...After Last Requests when you go to Staunton Island he does not reappear in the game

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (ATK @ Mar 19 2009, 02:10)
QUOTE (chapapote @ Mar 18 2009, 17:24)

You do know that bomb da base is before Last requests which is the topic of discussion...After Last Requests when you go to Staunton Island he does not reappear in the game

What I'm trying to say is that, although he doesn't appear after "Last requests", during the whole Portland section, while you are still friendly with the Mafia, 8 Ball only appears twice, during "Give me liberty"/"Luigi's girl" and during "Bomb da base". He only appears twice during the whole first third od the game so that means he isn't an important character and therefore he doesn't have to appear during the other two thirds of the game.

iamanevilbastard
  • iamanevilbastard

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE (JohnnyPepper @ Mar 18 2009, 20:34)

Well, what would you say to you're bodyguards if you saw a guy you know to be a capable, ruthless killer running at you with a sh*teload of guns after he didn't return form a simple job? "Oh hi, want a pie?" "Hey, my man, whats with disappearing and tghe gun-oh shi% you wanna kill me" (BANG) (DEAD)

Strength.
  • Strength.

The Director.

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (Dragonex100 @ Mar 17 2009, 02:55)
Umm, he actually did betray you. At first, I didn't believe Maria and went in the car, and it blew up. But maybe the Yazuka could've planted the bomb to avoid Claude knowing it was a set-up...

Nice (bumped) topic, but you are 3 years late with answer wink.gif

jonny992
  • jonny992

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:52 AM

u got me thinking

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:58 PM

What if the cartel planted the bomb and only sal didn't know? Asuka showing up with maria is dodgy afterall. Also sal seemed genuine when he gave you his final mission.

McLovin2404
  • McLovin2404

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:22 PM

All this speculations has got me thinking hard! I haven't played the game in years! I think I'll just do a quick install and blitz right thru to the end 2nite and see for my eyes what really is going on. HEHE

Maybe it was Salvatore after all. In 'Last Requests', the car with the dead body and planted bomb is parked in a lane way not far from the strip club (where the celebrations were going to be held by the Mafia family. Obviously, someone else could have done the job instead of Claude. So when Claude gets into the car and it explodes, the explosion is the fireworks for the Mob family's celebration!

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Mar 18 2009, 18:53)
QUOTE (JohnnyPepper @ Mar 18 2009, 21:34)

Maybe the Leone's had found out that Claude was away from them and started working with another organization and was ordered to kill Sal.

Anyways, Claude questions why Maria said it was her fault Sal set him up, pay attention to his hands on that cutscene.

Thats! What I wanted to mention. Claude likely asks Maria "Why?!" (with his subtle hand gesture)
Why would you tell this Boss that me and you are a couple? This would set up an
argument between Salvatore and Maria. Your task ahead would then change.
Instead, Salvatore must rig the car with a bomb. (He doesn't want to celebrate with you!)
It's possible that Maria has the car rigged. (The bridge is blown up at this time)
Anyone coming to Portland must arrive by boat or dodo plane. Then rig this car with
a bomb and then place the vehicle back in location. Pfff, how about someone already here...

I do like how Claude reacts after she says were an item... not much more left here to debate.

Question though, and I'll also try this today... Has anyone pushed this marked car to the crusher? smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users