Photo

What the.. Is this dead?

28 replies to this topic
The_Grudge
  • The_Grudge

Ľ The_Grudge ę

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2005 - 04:40 PM

I'm about 75% sure that Spookie has atleast done something, but we need updates.

DA_Malice
  • DA_Malice

Snitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 10 November 2005 - 08:25 PM

this is getting rediculous, is the mod carring on and if so what r u doing or what have done. ppl lossing intreset they need updates, the main web page hasnt changed in ages a couple off updates be nice, give us something

SeaNorris.
  • SeaNorris.

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2005 - 10:21 PM

I'm pretty sure, Spooky has a wonderful program installed on him called 'Real Life' I'm also sure he will reply when ready.

njr1489
  • njr1489

MP5

• Members

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:43 AM

I don't want spookie to do this all on his own, he needs more people on the team, if this too much for him, I think he should quit. Real Life > Coding a GTA project. I'm ok with it.

jax
  • jax

Moof!

• Members

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:32 AM

Who said spookie was on his own o_O ?

-jax

DA_Malice
  • DA_Malice

Snitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 11 November 2005 - 03:09 PM

who said he wasnt

Luke
  • Luke

suckmyrocket

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:07 PM

Your arrogance irritates me.

Seriously, get your heads out of your arses and realise the world doesn't revolve around you. We have lives, this is what's called a hobby.

What the hell is this topic meant to do? There's already a topic about this, why do we need two? We don't.
Is this supposed to make spookie quit his job and work his arse off here for you? It's not going to happen.

This topic serves no purpose other than moaning, and if that's what you want to do with your lives, then you worry me.

Holandish
  • Holandish

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2005 - 10:49 AM

I agree with Luke,
If you want mods, Make them yourself

Confusion
  • Confusion

Suck my boomstick

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2005 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (Holandish @ Nov 13 2005, 10:49)
I agree with Luke,
If you want mods, Make them yourself

I don't think that's what he was grasping at.

As Luke rightly said, this is Spooky's hobby, not his job. Like most real people he has a life that doesn't revolve around the internet, nor does it revolve around you. When he is ready to update, he will update, not because you make a pointless topic telling him to.

XDeathX
  • XDeathX

Grimreaper

• Members

Posted 14 November 2005 - 07:24 PM

Well, a monthly update would be nice (If anything has been done). No ones that busy with real life.

Anyway, all I want to know is how much percent is done, not an update.

tounge.gif tounge.gif tounge.gif tounge.gif tounge.gif

jax
  • jax

Moof!

• Members

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (XDeathX @ Nov 14 2005, 19:24)
Well, a monthly update would be nice (If anything has been done). No ones that busy with real life.

Anyway, all I want to know is how much percent is done, not an update.

tounge.gif tounge.gif tounge.gif tounge.gif tounge.gif

With a project such as this, it's hard to really slap a percentage completed on it, but i would say we're somewhere between 60% - 70% complete. There's your update, no more crying kiddies. dozingoff.gif

-jax

DA_Malice
  • DA_Malice

Snitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:36 PM

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

DA_Malice
  • DA_Malice

Snitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:56 PM

thx jax, i am happy now

AlphaCueUp
  • AlphaCueUp

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 November 2005 - 03:01 AM

ok, the thing is, ppl think the project may have been abandoned, or forgotten, or somthing.

perhaps an idea would be, after working on the mod a lil bit, tell somone, or post on this thread "worked on it 15 minutes today"

or at the end of each week, or month.....say "i worked 45 minutes this month", or even " i worked on it this month" would satisfy
i dont think people really asking for details about what is being worked on, just that it is or is not being worked on

i still dont mind waiting.......i dont mind if it comes out late in 07 happy.gif

i just assume its being worked on, and will be out when its done....

Drizz
  • Drizz

Satan.

• Members

Posted 29 November 2005 - 05:56 PM

Yep a monthly screenshots set would be nice. Or atleast Spookie showing that hes still alive and posting here about what bugs did team fix, how the mod is, etc...

Cuz now the forum just looks dead and even when the mod is finished and released not alot of people will play on it cuz not alot will know about.

You gotta keep it alive, thats what i think.

(now ill probably get flamed by gtamp team that i have to wait etc etc... but it's just a suggestion guys smile.gif flame me if u want... im just trying to help the mod smile.gif )
- Dri'z Up.

Wheezle
  • Wheezle

rather odd bloke

• Members

Posted 30 November 2005 - 01:29 PM

It's very noble of you guys to defend spooky, but what evidence is there that he's even working on this anymore? He's not showed up at all for ages. He turned up once to lock a thread that was unrelated to GTAMP, but said nothing on the mod itself. Couldn't he at least say he's still working on it at least? If he is.

AlphaCueUp
  • AlphaCueUp

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (AlphaCueUp @ Nov 28 2005, 22:01)

bored.gif

Drizz
  • Drizz

Satan.

• Members

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (AlphaCueUp @ Nov 30 2005, 14:52)
QUOTE (AlphaCueUp @ Nov 28 2005, 22:01)

bored.gif

You dont think like that anymore? ^^

but really, it looks like no1 is working... Team gotta keep people posted and interested *yawns* sad.gif
- Dri'z Up.

AlphaCueUp
  • AlphaCueUp

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 December 2005 - 01:02 AM

i assume the mod is still being worked on because the forum is still here....

if the forum is gone tommorrow, i would assume the project had been abandoned catspider.gif

{DBC}Lance
  • {DBC}Lance

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:07 PM Edited by {DBC}Lance, 07 December 2005 - 01:10 PM.

With a project such as this, it's hard to really slap a percentage completed on it, but i would say we're somewhere between 60% - 70% complete

so what is on the so called 'to do list'? and can you give a general list of features that will be available in the first release( and maybe give some details of the deathmatch gameplay)?

as with vc-mp, the progress of the development of gtam decreased; also spooky has a full-time job, so he barely has time to work on this. like somebody said on this forum, 'he bit off more than he could chew', so you might consider releasing the source of GTAM to the public; kyeman would have done that sometime, if he had the time to continue developing SA-MP. might be useful for those who actually 'understand' the sourcecode and could use it, if they plan to create a multiplayer mod( that was the idea behind releasing the VC-MP source).

percentages, or screenshots aren't relevant at the moment(as spooky said, kyeman already showed a lot of media) just some general info would be nice.

J-Fox.GEMM
  • J-Fox.GEMM

Ello...

• Members

Posted 07 December 2005 - 07:27 PM

Why not jusk ask spooky on msn or pm him - he is also on the irc channel dozingoff.gif

{DBC}Lance
  • {DBC}Lance

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 07 December 2005 - 08:37 PM

and why would you care? i wasn't referring to you was i?

i think this was the best way to do it, and i'm not planning to keep an eye out on irc 24/7, since spooky is idling very often.

jax
  • jax

Moof!

• Members

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:16 AM Edited by jax, 08 December 2005 - 01:18 AM.

QUOTE ({DBC}Lance @ Dec 7 2005, 13:07)
With a project such as this, it's hard to really slap a percentage completed on it, but i would say we're somewhere between 60% - 70% complete

so what is on the so called 'to do list'? and can you give a general list of features that will be available in the first release( and maybe give some details of the deathmatch gameplay)?

as with vc-mp, the progress of the development of gtam decreased; also spooky has a full-time job, so he barely has time to work on this. like somebody said on this forum, 'he bit off more than he could chew', so you might consider releasing the source of GTAM to the public; kyeman would have done that sometime, if he had the time to continue developing SA-MP. might be useful for those who actually 'understand' the sourcecode and could use it, if they plan to create a multiplayer mod( that was the idea behind releasing the VC-MP source).

percentages, or screenshots aren't relevant at the moment(as spooky said, kyeman already showed a lot of media) just some general info would be nice.

Forgive me... but, who are you to tell us how to make our multiplayer? Before you start ranting lance, do try to get your facts straight. The source code of VC-MP was released as kyeman wanted to focus on SA-MP at the time, thus releasing the source and hopefully the community would be able to implement new features as they pleased (which went to plan, i do believe my friend falcon made quite a number of additions to the code).

Releasing the source code to a project comes down to the original creator, in which this case is kyeman, and had he wanted to release the source code to SA-MP, Iím sure he would of. Now on that subject, is the source code released to SA-MP - No. Will it be? - Unless kyeman gives the word - No.

To-do lists? Who wants to know about things that arenít already done, or might not happen? Hell at the moment i would love to re-write the parachute coding in a way in which it synchronizes to other players, but if I said that and don't go through with it, people might doubt the project - which has happened to other projects in the past.

Thank you for wasting 2 minutes of my time.

-jax

{DBC}Lance
  • {DBC}Lance

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 08 December 2005 - 06:30 AM

Forgive me... but, who are you to tell us how to make our multiplayer?Forgive me... but, who are you to tell us how to make our multiplayer?

To-do lists? Who wants to know about things that arenít already done, or might not happen?

well, you said the mod was something like 60-70% complete, so you obviously have an idea what's left to do, otherwise you would have said it's complete, and were concentrating on some final testing.

it was just a suggestion (not an order) dozingoff.gif actually i was showing that i was interesting in GTAM; so i don't understand why you see this as a waste of time.

ok, if you prefer months of complete silence; barely give any info about your project, pissing people off who are actually interested in your mod, then good luck mate tounge2.gif

Wheezle
  • Wheezle

rather odd bloke

• Members

Posted 14 December 2005 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (jax @ Dec 8 2005, 01:16)

To-do lists? Who wants to know about things that arenít already done, or might not happen? Hell at the moment i would love to re-write the parachute coding in a way in which it synchronizes to other players, but if I said that and don't go through with it, people might doubt the project - which has happened to other projects in the past.

Don't you have set goals for what you intend to achieve? A to-do list doesn't have to be just features you might think are nifty. If you're working on the mod, i'm sure you've got some sort of idea of what you're trying to achieve. What features you're currently working on and intend to be in release 1. Be that on-foot sync, car sync, weapons etc etc. Surely you know what you're working on?

jax
  • jax

Moof!

• Members

Posted 14 December 2005 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (Wheezle @ Dec 14 2005, 09:52)
Don't you have set goals for what you intend to achieve? A to-do list doesn't have to be just features you might think are nifty. If you're working on the mod, i'm sure you've got some sort of idea of what you're trying to achieve. What features you're currently working on and intend to be in release 1. Be that on-foot sync, car sync, weapons etc etc. Surely you know what you're working on?

I have no idea what i'm working on.. die.gif biggrin.gif

-jax

Raise
  • Raise

Infinity Games

• Members

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:50 PM

When do you think it will be released? dontgetit.gif

Agret
  • Agret

So they have the internet on computers now

• Members

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:30 AM

I think never.

solway
  • solway

PC Hardcore Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:38 PM

how about just releasing a alpha or beta build? since its (70% complete). let the community probe it! and then fix major bugs first, then spread the ress of the fixing and features over time.

MTA is gonna release a beta soon.

or just team up with mta, i don't cared what the multiplayer is as long as its better than the buggy sh*t from VC (MTA) alien.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users