Photo

my graphics driver keeps crashing

4 replies to this topic
SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 November 2005 - 12:18 PM

I've only had this problem with GTA:SA and no other games, however I tend to only play one game at a time so it may be just a coincidence... I'll be playing and everything will be fine, then the game will just freeze and not come out or the game will freeze then crash to desktop with the error message that my graphics driver isn't working correctly, save and reboot. The first time this happened I got very serious (and very trippy) graphics issues while driving my gang out of the "uniting the families" mission... Now I don't get noticeable issues (except that sometimes my desktop resolution drops to the minimum) but I still get the crashes and the message.

My specs:

XP Pro
Pentium 4, 2.4 ghz
256 megs ram
dX 9.0c

GeForce FX 5700 LE 128 mb
driver version 8185 - most recent except for the beta driver
sound-SB Audigy2 ZS
driver version 0444

confused.gif

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:25 PM

Any mods installed?

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 November 2005 - 06:43 PM

no mods. I have version 2, so I don't think I can install any even if I so chose.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2005 - 07:05 PM

What game settings?

thijsiee
  • thijsiee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2005 - 04:11 PM Edited by thijsiee, 16 November 2005 - 04:22 PM.

QUOTE (SLUGFly @ Nov 5 2005, 12:18)
I've only had this problem with GTA:SA and no other games, however I tend to only play one game at a time so it may be just a coincidence...  I'll be playing and everything will be fine, then the game will just freeze and not come out or the game will freeze then crash to desktop with the error message that my graphics driver isn't working correctly, save and reboot.  The first time this happened I got very serious (and very trippy) graphics issues while driving my gang out of the "uniting the families" mission...  Now I don't get noticeable issues (except that sometimes my desktop resolution drops to the minimum) but I still get the crashes and the message.

My specs:

XP Pro
Pentium 4, 2.4 ghz
256 megs ram
dX 9.0c

GeForce FX 5700 LE 128 mb
driver version 8185 - most recent except for the beta driver
sound-SB Audigy2 ZS
driver version 0444

confused.gif

Oke, you're 3-d card has not the good settings, try to re-install you're 3-d card

If it doesn't work you have not enough power for it, i mean the normall mb rams. if thats so let you're computer going to die.gif heaven and buy a new one(or upgrade it)
Thijsiee rampage_ani.gif (T.t.V.) rampage_ani.gif

p.s. maybe getting you're 3-d card update will help. Let's see....here it is: Geforce drivers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users