Need Help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic
SOTV-Ryder
  • SOTV-Ryder

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:56 PM

After playing GTA2 for the first time since it first came out I decided to finish GTA1 first, however I asked about this in the GTA2 forums, but I haven't got a clue how to save in GTA blush.gif

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 03 November 2005 - 01:58 AM Edited by Sektor, 03 November 2005 - 02:08 AM.

You can't save during a level. It saves when you pass a level but that can take over 1 hour on some later levels, especially if you want 100% (near impossible on GTA1 since if you fail a mission, you can't retry it). At least it saves between levels, some really old games don't let you save at all and required playing for 8+ hours without losing all your lives to finish the game smile.gif

SOTV-Ryder
  • SOTV-Ryder

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:03 AM Edited by SOTV-Ryder, 03 November 2005 - 10:30 AM.

QUOTE (Sektor @ Nov 3 2005, 01:58)
You can't save during a level.  It saves when you pass a level but that can take over 1 hour on some later levels, especially if you want 100% (near impossible on GTA1 since if you fail a mission, you can't retry it).  At least it saves between levels, some really old games don't let you save at all and required playing for 8+ hours without losing all your lives to finish the game smile.gif

Oh right, no wonder I couldn't find it lol.gif thanks for that

I've got another questions.

EDIT: When I was younger getting the tank on GTA1 used to mean lots of fun, but I've downloaded the free version off r* and the tank blows up after going over around 8 cars, and I can't shoot using it's cannon, anyone else get this problem?

bzx
  • bzx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (SOTV-Ryder @ Nov 3 2005, 10:03)

EDIT: When I was younger getting the tank on GTA1 used to mean lots of fun, but I've downloaded the free version off r* and the tank blows up after going over around 8 cars, and I can't shoot using it's cannon, anyone else get this problem?

yeah i've noticed the same thing..

i'm not sure if i ever was able to shoot with a tank cannon (i've had a pirate version of GTA1), but now after getting the free version (yea ! smile.gif, i am not able to shoot with the tank and indeed it blows away after too many crashes with other cars (though it takes some time to do it..)

cheers

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:40 AM

the tank was always like that.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2005 - 11:58 AM

In the "San Andreas" and "Vice City" levels the tanks have a "Kill Frenzy" which lets you shoot from them. In the "Liberty City" level the tanks can not fire. The GTA1 tank always blew up after much faster than it should have done. It only takes about 16 bullets before exploding, which is the same as ordinary cars. Even the trucks take 32 bullets!

The tank in GTA2 is a lot more realistic because bullets and explosions do not damage it. Getting hit by rockets, driving into water and a lot of collisions is the only it can be destroyed.

Dregz
  • Dregz

Pleb

• Members

Posted 05 November 2005 - 04:33 AM

I must admit that I was rather ecstatic when I discovered the "get-millions-of-points-after-you've-completed-the-Tank-Kill-Frenzy-and-keep running-over-cars" glitch. It was a big help on the "Rasta Blasta" chapter in particular - I used to while away so many hours attaining those 5 million points. Ah, nostalgia... I still think of the "Slap Dem Bitches!" misson to this day. Considering they were crack whores, those girls could run pretty well! biggrin.gif

Bluesky
  • Bluesky

Vice, Vice, Baby!

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:42 PM

I was confused too when i wanted to save. I just decided not to save the game so i went and got cheats to open all the levels and said, screw it. I figured that it would be the best option in my opinion to anything else that was said, but ohh well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users