Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Official] GTI + MI

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

Poll: GTI in MI? (141 member(s) have cast votes)

GTI in MI?

1. Yes, great idea. (101 votes [80.80%])

Percentage of vote: 80.80%

2. No, thanks. (11 votes [8.80%])

Percentage of vote: 8.80%

3. I don't care, just give me *something*. (13 votes [10.40%])

Percentage of vote: 10.40%

Vote
wauzie
  • wauzie

GTI + MI

• Members

Posted 01 November 2005 - 08:04 PM Edited by wauzie, 12 November 2005 - 01:46 PM.

Hello MI community,

You maybe heard off the dutch mod GTI (Grand Tani Islands).
This is a total conversion SA mod, it includes models and missions.
Everything in our mod is English.
We got the idea to join MI with our islands (which were made by Illspirit).
We allready Pm-ed 2 of your leaders, Illspirit and Steve-M.
Both of them liked the idea, but they coudn't decide. Steve got an idea.
He told me to open a topic in this Forum. Every MI member should vote if we could fuse toghether.
We got a lot of information about our 'mod':

Check our GTI topic:

GTI topic

Other links:

GTIslands.com
Dutch PPT
More Screenshots

GTI trailer

Steve and Illspirit made a little Map to show you how big GTI is.

user posted image

Just like MI we work with lots, so any member can rent one.

This map will show you what´s done in GTI:

user posted image

Red = Lot Finished
Yellow = Lot WIP/Lot sold
Green = Unsold lot

A simple theme card:

user posted image

Blue = Centre
Brown = Downtown
Green = Nature
Purple = Stunt Island
Red = Villa's + Bridge to MI island
Yellow = Industry
Orange = Misc

History of GTI:

Gti started a while ago as just a small project for vice city but now it has become a great Total
conversion for GTA - San Andreas. it has grown a since the team had started this.
it now consists of almost 20 people and its still growing.
Currently we have:

8 moddelers
3 mission coders
3 Texture Artist
5 misc

The Final Question for the MI members:

Do you want us to fuse with Myriad Islands?

[GTI joined MI now, the poll can be deleted]

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Members

Posted 01 November 2005 - 08:27 PM

Mmm, great idea! smile.gif

one moment... I desire GTI and MI for VC, no SA rolleyes.gif
problem?
I install all in the vice city, and no desire desinstall tounge.gif

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE (Jost_Vice @ Nov 2 2005, 06:27)
Mmm, great idea! smile.gif

one moment... I desire GTI and MI for VC, no SA rolleyes.gif
problem?
I install all in the vice city, and no desire desinstall tounge.gif

I can assure you, Myriad in Vice will probably never see another update ever again. We need SA to get a lot of new things going, such as the train and we need the additional space for things like my island and if it goes ahead, GTI.

From what I have seen of GTI, it is a solid mod with alot of good work going into it and could easily survive on its own. That said, I feel it could also be added to Myriad and fit in very well. The 2 projects share a similar goal and modelling set. This said, there is an apparent problem. First off I have noticed that GTI has a nuclear plant, as does Myriad (which I have remodelled too many times, and just so everyone knows, the most recent released version is not even close to what the final version will be like). There is no way that in a city as relatively small as Myriad there would be 2 nuclear facilities used for generating power for the city.

Other than this, I dont see any reason why a merger couldn't take place. There would have been a definate problem if you didn't make GTI in english, but that is not the case. My vote is yes. The power plant problem is minute compared to the benefits.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 02 November 2005 - 07:46 AM

JasonB you were talking about those nuclear plants problem i dont see why its a problem they are far apart from each other so when you travel from GTI to the other island Of myriad you wont even notice it if there are and since the models are not very similair to each other its just a nice space filler. So i really hope that GTI get merged with MI.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:33 AM Edited by Cran., 02 November 2005 - 08:48 AM.

I say yes too, I was thinking about this infact. GTI is a great mod with a bunch of cool people, i've been following it for a bit, and I think it should fit perfectly with myriad. I look forward to working with the GTI team smile.gif We just have to get them over here or something tounge.gif

Actually, GTI should fit in perfectly, since Illy made you guys the basemap.

EDIT: Actually, if we do merge, i'd be happy to make a few lots to throw your guys' way.

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2005 - 10:36 AM

good to see GTI finally arrive in the Myriad thread, i been following your mod for month's now and it's good to see you got it into SA. i would have posted in your forums but i don't type Dutch lol.gif there are quite a few similarities or influences of myriad in your mod especially CP's scout dealership in one lot ive seen and Odie's berlin tower has also been an influence.

you get my vote, although i would like a VC playtest version of the islands to get a feel of things.......................... use the PM button below wink.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 02 November 2005 - 11:31 AM Edited by Cerbera, 02 November 2005 - 11:34 AM.

I never even heard of this mod...been spending too much time learning Web design and working in GTA2! tounge.gif

From the render, it seems to be made in a similar style to the rest of Myriad so it should fit in just fine. I don't think the MI Railway route should be changed to include these islands, though. The railway runs along the East coast of illRES which may interfeer with the bridge to GTI, apart from that there seems to be no conflict with any existing part of Myriad Islands.

I see that illspirit was the guy who made the base land for GTI. The use of lots to distribute and limit the work each modeller does is very sensible and fits in with his original vision of MI perfectly. Looking at the screenshots, the quality of modelling seems extremely good - and they seem fully capable of getting their work into the game. It seems crazy to block this great island and the team behind it when it would fit in so well. I'm all for it being included. smile.gif

Any chance of a 3000x3000 render of the new layout with the ocean replaced by a white surface? That way I could update the MI Railway draft so the position of these islands was shown. What are the names of the GTI islands? Maybe have gtiSTU for the stunt island, gtiCOM for the main commercial island and so on? That would fit in with the illCOM, illSUB naming system we have for theother islands.

Taekwon-joe
  • Taekwon-joe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2005 - 01:12 PM

I am all for this.

There seems to be allot of free lots which is great. There hasnt yet been a layout for lots on the northern islands but this new island will give people something to do until then.

Also, is there anything going on the small bit of land to the north-west of the island?

Mark
  • Mark

Jesus hates you.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2005 - 02:22 PM

Followed this mod in the shadows for a while too, and I've always thought it should be combined, but I didn't think it would ever happen...but now it might! I say rock on biggrin.gif!

More land....w00t! biggrin.gif lol.
- GTAuron

nasty-toilet-man
  • nasty-toilet-man

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2005 - 03:05 PM

OMG those two Mods together are going to be great, the biggest total conversion ever made for San Andreas! That's really cool colgate.gif

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 02 November 2005 - 03:09 PM

From the screens I've seen I say let's do it. Though I'd rather wait for the beta to make a final judgement.
It looks idd similar to Myriad, so I guess merging wouldn't be the problem.
One thing I don't really like is the stunt island-idea. Don't get me wrong, I like places where you can 'stunt away'. But my feeling is that those places should be worked in into lots, and not have an island dedicated to only stunts. I always felt Myriad was based upon real cities, like in GTA. The good thing about it was, with all nationalities involved, Myriad is based on cities from all over the world, thus making it 'myriad'. But adding a stunt island is a border I'd rather see not crossed. my two cents.

Now I'm gonna sit in a corner and wait for your beta release smile.gif

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 November 2005 - 03:18 PM

Hell yeah.

Looking like sweet place filler islands, so let's do it.

wauzie
  • wauzie

GTI + MI

• Members

Posted 02 November 2005 - 03:29 PM Edited by wauzie, 02 November 2005 - 03:36 PM.

QUOTE (Gforce @ Nov 2 2005, 10:36)
you get my vote, although i would like a VC playtest version of the islands to get a feel of things.......................... use the PM button below  wink.gif

We decided to release a stand alone beta of our mod this month (SA version) biggrin.gif . But that's the only GTI stand alone version that ever will be released.

Jorge F.
  • Jorge F.

Dutch Modder

• Members

Posted 02 November 2005 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (nasty-toilet-man @ Nov 2 2005, 15:05)
OMG those two Mods together are going to be great, the biggest total conversion ever made for San Andreas! That's really cool colgate.gif

How could it be the biggest TC when it's the first TC for San Andreas sigh.gif .
Anyway, with GTI it would be so big. Almost impossible for a small team to make a bigger one wink.gif.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 02 November 2005 - 03:51 PM Edited by Knife, 02 November 2005 - 03:56 PM.

Knife votes yes

Together we will have an excellent mod and even more people working on it. rah.gif

EDIT: About the stunt island. MI has allways been about realism and stunt parks is one thing that we have never done so I think they would have to be made into a more urban area with skateparks ect, just for an excuse to keep a place to stunt.

Taekwon-joe
  • Taekwon-joe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:00 PM

You say you have 3 texture artists.

Corect me if I'm wrong but we dont have one person who is dedicated to making textures. These three would be a great help for everyone.

wauzie
  • wauzie

GTI + MI

• Members

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (Knife @ Nov 2 2005, 15:51)
EDIT: About the stunt island. MI has allways been about realism and stunt parks is one thing that we have never done so I think they would have to be made into a more urban area with skateparks ect, just for an excuse to keep a place to stunt.

I know what you want to say, we also want to have a realistic mod. I'm making the stunt island...and i'm goint to build a looping + halfpipe or something...but no things like onrealistic high buildings with ramps and suchs things. I'm also going to build a simple Car dealer.

@Taekwon-joe, those 3 persons are no photoshop professionals...but they sometimes create logo's for us.....unactive members could i say.

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

(-:-)

• Members

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:42 PM

AleXXX too votes YES.

burpicane
  • burpicane

GTI member

• Members

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:48 PM

30 against 3 and 3 neutral
says enough i think nervous.gif

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:54 PM

Yes it does. So I guess now we can just use this topic to chat about what happens now...

Also, is it Patrick W. who does your mission coding?

wauzie
  • wauzie

GTI + MI

• Members

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:57 PM

Eclipse, Patrick and me. But Patrick is very busy at the time....he hasn't coded for gti yet. We got 2/3 (or more) gti missions. Most of them checkpoint races.

I also think the score says enough...it depends on Steve's/Illspirits opinion.

Mark
  • Mark

Jesus hates you.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2005 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (Knife @ Nov 2 2005, 16:51)

JUst place little ramps and planks of wood, skips etc etc in cool places. Remember the PCJ600 mission in VC where you had to traverse the rooftops in Downtown? Summin like that should be no problem, and can be added any time by using a couple of generic objects smile.gif - GTAuron

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 03 November 2005 - 02:59 AM

rampage_ani.gif I really like the idea of merging myriad and GTIslands. The trailer was a nice preview. One question though. How will Myirads storyline and player (Andrew I think) be used with the islands (Myriad and Tani)and the missions ?

wauzie
  • wauzie

GTI + MI

• Members

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:23 AM Edited by wauzie, 03 November 2005 - 06:33 AM.

Our player is just a skin, we don't use it (i think) in mi. There isn't really a storyline in MI...so we havn't one too. Just sidemissions (From now on we have got some checkpoint missions + a other mission).

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:39 AM

I really like the idea of merging myriad and GTIslands. The trailer was a nice preview. One question though. How will Myirads storyline and player (Andrew I think) be used with the islands (Myriad and Tani)and the missions ?

Myriads story is very open and maleable, that as the purpose. TO have a story to give the player an objective to accomplish, but not bound everything to one story, a lot of ranging and independent sub-missions can easily be added on with no damage to any of the story. GTI simply gives us more space for these missions to take place in. I have a 15 mission mini-story in place for my lots. Isn't a problem really.

Regarding the stunt island, I admit that slipped my mind, but I'm not too sure if we should have an island dedicated to stunting, unless it's discrete and looks like it could be real buildings, not just insane half-pipes and whatnot there. Myriad is a compilation of user made buildings and terrain assembled to best represent the ideas we have for a city, hence it has an aura of realism surrounding it. Though until I fully see what the stunt island is actually like, I wont start trying to meddle.

Remember the PCJ600 mission in VC where you had to traverse the rooftops in Downtown? Summin like that should be no problem, and can be added any time by using a couple of generic objects

I really didn't like that, it seemed so excessive and over the top. But you know, thats just me.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:58 AM

I agree with Jason, we need to keep a sence of realism in Myriad, hence why we can't just have a island dedicated to stunts, unless streets are added and buildings are also added so it looks real, and not just half pipes and such. It just looks stupid with all the other things we have in Myriad.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 03 November 2005 - 11:10 AM Edited by Cerbera, 03 November 2005 - 11:41 AM.

Well, extreme sports are becoming increasingly popular and profitable. Obesity is becoming a massive health problem. A modern city pushed for space with lots of office workers (like MI) might well create a small, artificial island for recreation and sports to save money on heart bypass operations. tounge.gif

I'm thinking along the ideas of a complete leisure and sports complex - not just be a stunt park. GTASA has nice controls for running and cycling, so it could have a running track, an indoor velodrome (cycling course) and other stuff. A landing pad for parachute jumps, an olympic swimming pool with diving boards, etc.

Since we can do bunny hops, we could even have indoor cycle trials. GTASA had some indoor trials stuff in the Las Venturas stadium for the Sanchez. Riding along artifical logs and over rocks. GTAVC had the "Trial by Dirt" stadium. I used generic objects in the GTAVC version of Curveshrie (now cancelled) to create motorcycle trials courses - just carefully pile up some boxes and tweak the layout until it becomes *just* possible to ride across:-
  1. Video of motorcycle trials in GTAVC - 7MB.
  2. Same course in opposite direction - 7MB.
You could create an area for freestyle Motocross jumping. All you need are a few dirt mounds, a couple of kickers and a Sanchez. Or even a quad bike. smile.gif

Large jumps could be incorporated into the architecture of the buildings and a BMX street course would provide good stunting for bicycles, motorbikes and any cars which could fit. There could be a sand pit for the long jump. GTASA has nice climbing controls, so a decent obstacle course could be built (like the military one in GTAVC).

A range of sporting sub-missions could be created so it would be like a gritty version of the "Track and Field" games. Things like that "Beat the Cock" event in GTASA, the gyms, fighting schools and so on could be done in a bespoke sports island. Obviously, this is a very large amount of work but so is Myriad itself.

I think it could work really well if it is built with imagination, realism and variety - just like the rest of MI. These are qualities which the GTI team have, imho.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 03 November 2005 - 11:46 AM

Sounds like a pretty good idea Cerb, it'll be a way of making it like it actually is meant to be smile.gif

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 03 November 2005 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (wauzie @ Nov 2 2005, 17:57)
I also think the score says enough...it depends on Steve's/Illspirits opinion.

No, it doesn't. As I said, this is a community mod, so the community decides. And more than 80% is a quite obvious decision. smile.gif

@Cerb: Great idea. ATM Myriad doesn't have any sports facilities except for the swimming pool, but definitely needs some. Besides the things you mentioned there could also be one or more gyms (like in SA), a small dirt track, a basketball court, a jump'n'run obstacle course (since the player can climb in SA), and maybe other things that aren't available yet. SA seems to be quite flexible in terms of custom animations and such, so we might be able to implement new activities. Furthermore there could also be a watersports center (maybe with boat school), we should try to get waterski working, also with diving and stuff. And what about a beachball court, is that ball from VC still available in SA? There are tons of possibilities...

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 03 November 2005 - 12:08 PM

I think a waterski might be too hard to create, the only "string" seems to be used with magnets. However, a Jetski should be possible with some careful handling adjustments. You could have a slalom of bouys a bit like when you use the Vortex in the GTASA boat school. Yeah, the possibilities are extremely varied and a lot more interesting than just putting a few ramps here and there. smile.gif

These don't all need to be squashed onto the GTI island, the bigger things could be put on illRES and illURB. An indoor go kart track would be cool but would take up a bit too much space for that island, imho. If we create an indoor stadium somewhere, it could be multi-purpose with many interirors, like the Hyman stadium in GTAVC. That would save space. On the other hand, there is so much undeveloped land on the new islands that putting things which don't fit on the GTI island elsewhere could be a good thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users