Photo

SA sharks?

43 replies to this topic
thornygravy
  • thornygravy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2005 - 03:41 AM

I have no clue, because ive only had they game for a week but are there sharks in the water? because there was said to be sharks in VC but they were just dolphins. can someone please answer this mystery to me of a question

(Are there sharks in San Andreas?)

Mike_Toreno
  • Mike_Toreno

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2005 - 03:43 AM

This is still unconfirmed. I personally think I saw one (I was not sure if it was a Dolphon or not, but it was BIG). But hey, people beleive what they want to, it's up to themselves.

For more information take a look at THIS website...

tounge.gif

stellak
  • stellak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2005 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (thornygravy @ Oct 30 2005, 03:41)
I have no clue, because ive only had they game for a week but are there sharks in the water? because there was said to be sharks in VC but they were just dolphins. can someone please answer this mystery to me of a question

(Are there sharks in San Andreas?)

Check out these postings in Gameplay on this Forum:

http://www.gtaforums...02639&hl=sharks

colgate.gif

G.O.D.
  • G.O.D.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2005 - 03:52 AM

I've never seen one. So idk.

BrainToad
  • BrainToad

The Man in Black

• Members

Posted 30 October 2005 - 03:55 AM

I've seen a dolphin before, and I was sure it was a dolphin, not a shark.

ATK
  • ATK

Drive Slow

• Feroci Racing

Posted 30 October 2005 - 04:12 AM

Im pretty sure that there are no sharks, but there are dolphins. Im not so sure because I havent gotten a real good look in the water for a long time.

thornygravy
  • thornygravy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2005 - 04:35 AM

its weird, cuz i open the image files in there is a shark.dff shark.txd, why would they put files in there if there not used? i think they must be somewhere, i dont think its anything like that bigfoot myth because there is no bigfoot.dff or bigfoot.txd

ATK
  • ATK

Drive Slow

• Feroci Racing

Posted 30 October 2005 - 04:47 AM

there probably are sharks in the water, its just that they probably look much like the dolphins so no one notices it.

reboot
  • reboot

Mojibake

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 30 October 2005 - 05:02 AM

I could have sworn I saw a shark once, but then I read a few topics about it and they all said there weren't sharks, just dolphins. I went to look again and didn't see any. Since then I've seen hundreds of dolphins, but no sharks. So either they only show up at certain times/places maybe even only during certain missions, or more likely don't exist at all.

So while I guess it's still possible that what I saw was a shark, until I see another or see a screenshot/photo of one I'm going to assume that I was just wrong and they don't exist.

Cubano
  • Cubano

ShinNinja

• Members

Posted 30 October 2005 - 05:31 AM

All ive seen in the water is school of fish, dolphins, turtles, and jellyfish thats all ive seen and i remember that the manual of VC said they had sharks but i never saw a shark in the game and most of my deaths were from the water to so idk.

Holy_diver
  • Holy_diver

t3h gr1m kvltmastah

• Members

Posted 30 October 2005 - 06:52 AM

I've seen shark in VC, it was not moving...just glided forwards and little fishs were afraid of it biggrin.gif

looked in the sea with sniper rifle, I also saw turtle for the first time then...not sure if I've seen one in SA, only dolphins I'm sure. dozingoff.gif

Darksora45
  • Darksora45

WASTED

• Members

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:12 AM

even without the mod theres sharks, trust me, a couple months after i got SA i was stuck on one of Jizzy's missions so...I did what everyone else would do, blow and destroy s**t up. I found this boat i never seen before (the long sailboat wit the non coming up sail) so i took it out for a spin, 5 minutes on the water i was pretty pissed that the boat didnt move that fast. I accidentally hit the triangle button and fell into the water, I kept hearing rumors about Nessie (Loch Ness Monster) being in the water around Los Santos so i took a dip, I didnt find nessie but i found a HUGE GRAY object in the water, bigger then any dolphin. I got scared so i swam up and looked for the boat. Once i got on it i was like"PHEW THAT WAS CLOSE!" then i went to grab my camera (real live) and went back into the water, it was gone

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 30 October 2005 - 09:57 AM

are you sure you were not dreaming
antway i dont think itb exist
there was a way tp spawn it thgiught

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 30 October 2005 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (baptiste @ Oct 30 2005, 09:57)
are you sure you were not dreaming
antway i dont think itb exist
there was a way tp spawn it thgiught

I've seen a dolphin and a shark i think, theres loads of suff under the water, my favourate is the turtles. Although im not sure whther what i originally saw was a shark or a dolphin as they are both rather similar.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 October 2005 - 01:54 PM

why would they put files in there if there not used?

HAHA Good one!!!!!

mike_w101
  • mike_w101

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2005 - 02:10 PM

i dont know if there are sharks in san andreas becaus i just got it but i am 100% sure there are sharks in vice city. you can only see them if you are not driving a boat though, you have to stand on the shore or a dock to see them.

you even see a "fake" shark during the film studio missions and vercetti says that no one would want to watch a movie about a shark.

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 30 October 2005 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (*MURDOC* @ Oct 30 2005, 13:54)
why would they put files in there if there not used?

HAHA Good one!!!!!

The skateboard was never used but that was left in the code, hence the mod to bring it back.

iisizenglish
  • iisizenglish

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2005 - 03:02 PM

i think they were in the BETA version but taken out.I saw sharks in mags going to take a bite out of cj! confused.gif

jc steel
  • jc steel

South London!

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2005 - 03:17 PM

ive seen dolphines and stuff like dat rockstar didnt put sharks in b cos itll b 2 hard 2 get da shrk phisicks right

Psyko KeNT
  • Psyko KeNT

I'm Getting My Skrewdriver!

• Members

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:45 AM

I doubt sharks are present in SA. I've swam around for like... 3 in-game days and i still have my limbs attached. The closest thing to a shark I've come to is a Tropic missing me by a few inches.

Dr_Shark
  • Dr_Shark

..?

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 04:01 AM

My theory is that Rockstar just left those files in there. Maybe a mod would enable sharks like the Hot Coffee Mod? They took the sex scene out, but left some of the code and files.

I've never seen dolphins or sharks in SA or VC. Only turtles and fish.

ajkhan316`
  • ajkhan316`

CSMY : Saiko Komon

• Members

Posted 31 October 2005 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE (Dr_Shark @ Oct 31 2005, 04:01)
My theory is that Rockstar just left those files in there. Maybe a mod would enable sharks like the Hot Coffee Mod? They took the sex scene out, but left some of the code and files.

I've never seen dolphins or sharks in SA or VC. Only turtles and fish.

There is a mod that enables shark in SA.

edit : Here it is. It replaces the dolphins with sharks around SA.
- FiJiAn 4 LiFe

Psyko KeNT
  • Psyko KeNT

I'm Getting My Skrewdriver!

• Members

Posted 31 October 2005 - 04:57 AM

That's a mod. I think the topic-starter is trying to tell ask us if sharks exist in the ORIGINAL game...

ajkhan316`
  • ajkhan316`

CSMY : Saiko Komon

• Members

Posted 31 October 2005 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (Psyko KeNT @ Oct 31 2005, 04:57)
That's a mod. I think the topic-starter is trying to tell ask us if sharks exist in the ORIGINAL game...

And I am replying to Dr_Shark's question.

- FiJiAn 4 LiFe

thornygravy
  • thornygravy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2005 - 01:27 AM

well... im asuming there are no sharks... its kind of dumb tho because Vice City has sharks! and seals... Then again that game is in miami

The Marauder
  • The Marauder

Rock and Roll Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 November 2005 - 02:46 AM

My bro and me have seen the sharks in the game, they are very hard to find so it ain't worth looking for. They act just like dolphins. It's not like no one hasn't seen a shark before and in case you haven't:
user posted image

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:35 AM

Are there any visual proof that a shark existed in the game? I played the game everyday and didn't see any sharks.

larosco
  • larosco

Yay Area

• Members

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:59 PM

okay there are sharks in sa and in vc, cause i've been goin to the docks in vc wats that place escabadaro watever place and u see sharks there, its like a warehouse or sommethin, or justswin in sa arounf los santos and you'll see one and takes sometime but they'll show up. i'm the shark hunter, go head and take a dip. oh yeah dude u did see a shark and if u didnt move quick enough u would have had an scare, cause those sharks are hella big, but i haven't been bit though, not in vc either cuase i jumped right in the water by a shark in vc by the lighthouse, and it didnt do nothin but swim so there u are. notify.gif

cybercheese
  • cybercheese

Never met a wiseman. If so its a woman.

• Members

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:39 PM

yes there are sharks their easy to find near Los Santos to the south or east its easy

matt27689
  • matt27689

• Members

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:44 PM

...and your proof is located where exactly?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users