Ok, you downloaded it from the right place - it should be Beta2v5b
. Now, the least complicated way to fix this would be to delete you GTA:LC folder and start again.
1. Install VC (don't use the no-cd crack - use your original VC exe
2. Start installing LC - don't install the GTA3 audio. We'll do that later - sometimes it screws up the file extensions if you install directly off the CD (eg - police.mp3 would become police.mp3.mp3, etc.). Also, make sure that you have VC fully
installed - including radio stations.
3. When LC is finished installing put your GTA3 CD in your CD drive. Explore it, and find the audio folder. Open it up, select all, copy, and paste it into your audioLC
folder in your LC directory.
4. Go to Show Config in your LC folder -> Advanced -> Audio -> Verify Paths. All should be valid.
5. Put your VC CD back in your drive, and then run LC. It should work. If it doesn't, post again. Good luck