Photo

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
344 replies to this topic
Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 05 December 2005 - 05:34 AM Edited by benisablink182fan, 05 December 2005 - 05:44 AM.

The first post has been updated with a link to the main.scm Konstantinos used for his 100% save file, as well as a link to Hammer's post for the fixed launcher that works with the Australian EXE. Only the German one to go!

Please be aware though that if Craig releases any further main.scm updates, the link in Konstantinos' 100% question will be invalid, and removed (at that time). Or, at least until Kon achieves 100% again wink.gif !

On another note (again) - please post all of your questions here instead of starting new topics.

EDIT - Nevermind. Craig still has the old v5 files in that download so it should still work.

ubvector
  • ubvector

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2005 - 09:50 PM

I can't find a car spawner for vice city anyone got one?

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 December 2005 - 10:25 PM

ask again in the vice city forum...
...ok, here ya go, Car Spawner

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:56 PM Edited by Konstantinos, 06 December 2005 - 03:07 PM.

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Dec 5 2005, 23:25)
ask again in the vice city forum...
...ok, here ya go, Car Spawner

I don't think this will work with v6, since the cars now have their GTA3 names...

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 06 December 2005 - 04:56 PM

It won't without modification, however not many people use v6 so atm it's not really a problem, maybe when it come out an update for one of those may be made available.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:29 AM

If the spawner works with just model numbers (instead of names) then it should work. You just might not get the car you expect.

ubvector
  • ubvector

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2005 - 09:12 PM

it didnt work

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 10 December 2005 - 01:15 AM

First post updated with the new URL for Kon's 100% save.

Also, I have a question - what are the filenames for the cutscene audio included for Under Surveillance. I'd prefer to use it rather than the original GTA3 PC version - I'll know which files not to replace when I install LC. Thanks in advance.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 10 December 2005 - 05:51 AM

A3_SS is the filename. The wave is the original PC one (where she says police). The mp3 is the one I converted from the PS2 (where it's the Mafia).

blyth
  • blyth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2005 - 07:46 PM

can these modification be done to the PS2 version especially for those of us that are using modchips and harddrives

iwopuld really like to get that dukes of hazard car and a few others

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 11 December 2005 - 12:26 AM

@Craig - thanks. It seems the launcher reads the PS2 one by default, so I don't have to make any changes anyway. I might add it to my GTA3 though tounge.gif - it sounds way more accurate.

@blyth - on an ordinary PS2, I'd say no. But X-box is a possibility since it has a hard-drive to change some stuff. So yeah I guess it would be a possibility, but I can't guarantee that it will work or that any team member will be able to help you out with converting it. You're quite welcome to try though. Good luck with it wink.gif .

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 11 December 2005 - 02:35 AM

From what I understand, you could modify the PS2 game with new files. But I think the format of the cars are different between the PC and PS2. You wouldn't be able to use silver's General Lee as it is now (at least I don't think you can).

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 December 2005 - 12:34 AM

no. i was already looking into this a few months ago and it is very impossible. since LC uses a exe that is linked to the vc exe. so unless you can get the playstation to read from the LC one, your screwed. modding for the PS2 is, not in anyway fun. the only thing most mod chips offer is putting iso's from the internet on the ps2. most PC's nowadays can run VC and if not, then they are only 200 bucks for one, which will need some upgrading. Hard Drives? very clever, but still not possible. the PS2 is not a little computer like the xbox. i do have a hdd for my ps2. only works good for backing up games.

Shadow15
  • Shadow15

GTA Freak

• Members

Posted 20 December 2005 - 01:28 AM

How come I keep seeing this car and knowone can tell me the name or wether its a new car or its a recolored taxi.
I've seen pics of it in gta liberty city mod for vice city and pics of it for the san andreas gta liberty city mod. Could someone explain as it looks like a civilian version of the taxi.

user posted image

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 20 December 2005 - 02:32 AM

Uhh, it'd be nice if we could see it. Your link's broken tounge2.gif

Try using imageshack for image hosting - it's never let me down cool.gif !

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 20 December 2005 - 05:52 AM

That's a custom car made by monitor57. As far as I know, it is not released to the public.

Shadow15
  • Shadow15

GTA Freak

• Members

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:56 PM

Damn it! Nevermind and by theway Monitor, it looks like a really nice version of the taxi as a civilian car as It looks like a ford crown victoria.
Nice car anyways.

darkchaos696
  • darkchaos696

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:41 AM Edited by darkchaos696, 02 January 2006 - 01:01 AM.

Hey, it's yet another user with the "Please insert cd..." etc. Please help! Thanks  biggrin.gif

Well, first of all, I've got legal versions of both GTA3 and GTA VC.

Here's exactly what I did:

I had GTA VC installed a long time ago; however, I reformatted my computer.

This is the first time I've tried to install GTA LC, and I installed GTA VC just to play GTA LC.

So, I installed GTA VC with the radio station, and then I backed up gta-vc.exe and copied over a no-cd crack.

At this point, I had no idea that it wouldn't work well.

Immediately after (so I haven't patched or ran Vice City by itself yet; I don't know if this matters), I made a copy of "Grand Theft Auto Vice City" and renamed it "Grand Theft Auto Liberty City", and started the installation (gtalc_beta2_test5b_installer.zip).

Since I have the GTA3 Play Cd, I put that in to install the audio. The installation went perfectly.

I went into the launcher/advanced to see what options there were before trying to run the game, but I didn't change anything.

I clicked launch and after the well done intro, it asked me for the cd. I put in my VC play cd but it didn't seem to recognize it.

Then, I came here to the forums and read the locked thread "How to fix the "Insert CD" problem" and the FAQ.

Clicking "Verify Paths" gives me a message saying all paths are valid.

After reading the FAQ, I also disabled "Change Taskbar Text and Icon", because I want to (try to) use GTA VC Admin Console. I replaced the no-cd exe with the original Vice City exe and clicked Launch again.

It had the scanning cd cursor this time, but of course it recognized my original cd. Still, after the intro movie it asked for the cd.

Any ideas? Am I doing anything wrong?

Wow, my bad, didn't read

http://www.gtaforums...0

You see, I downloaded it from here: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=204010

which doesn't make any mention of this problem, unlike

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=161989

Also, I'm wondering what it means by "original gta-vc.exe" in the bug fix post. Which exe should I have to get it to work normally?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:16 AM

Ok, you downloaded it from the right place - it should be Beta2v5b. Now, the least complicated way to fix this would be to delete you GTA:LC folder and start again.
1. Install VC (don't use the no-cd crack - use your original VC exe.
2. Start installing LC - don't install the GTA3 audio. We'll do that later - sometimes it screws up the file extensions if you install directly off the CD (eg - police.mp3 would become police.mp3.mp3, etc.). Also, make sure that you have VC fully installed - including radio stations.
3. When LC is finished installing put your GTA3 CD in your CD drive. Explore it, and find the audio folder. Open it up, select all, copy, and paste it into your audioLC folder in your LC directory.
4. Go to Show Config in your LC folder -> Advanced -> Audio -> Verify Paths. All should be valid.
5. Put your VC CD back in your drive, and then run LC. It should work. If it doesn't, post again. Good luck wink.gif .

darkchaos696
  • darkchaos696

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:50 AM Edited by darkchaos696, 02 January 2006 - 03:36 AM.

Thanks so much! I just read http://www.gtaforums...c=161989&st=820 and it seems like this problem was fixed already, so I shouldn't have done the ini replacement that gives me VC radio.

I'm just wondering, is the extension corruption/normal corruption the only reason why I shouldn't install the GTA3 audio?

Well, I thought about what you said, so I decided to use UltraCompare to see if any files were corrupted, and yes three radio stations were.

Would it be enough if I just copied them over?

Edit: I copied them over and it works inlove.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (darkchaos696)
Would it be enough if I just copied them over?

Yes, you can manually copy any of the audio files in the audioLC folder from the GTA3 CD.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 03:40 AM

I had to copy the audio directly from the CD, the installer was not working for me. I wont be around the forums as much now, i have to go back to classes tomarrow.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:25 PM

@darkchaos696:
Nice - enjoy the mod wink.gif !

@Thomas:
Sorry to hear that cryani.gif .

@Craig:
Did you say a while ago that the new installer was going to have the option to install the audio from a hard-drive location as well?

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:44 PM Edited by GTA_Thomas, 02 January 2006 - 11:48 PM.

I believe I heard him say he will think about that option. I for one would love that idea, who came up with it anyways? Oh well, all I am hoping for is a working installer tounge.gif
Yeah, College classes start back up tomarrow (The date got changed do to construction), my college is the only one thats starts back up so soon! It's a private school so more class time and stupid work whatsthat.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 03 January 2006 - 04:39 AM

I don't see any downside to getting the audio of the hard drive instead. If CTM can do it (and I don't see why he couldn't) it will be an option for the next installer.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:52 PM

What's the new name for the vice fbi cheetah in v6? Is it enforcer2? I want to install silver's gt3fbicheetah mod, but I need to know what the new names are before I try anything.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:30 PM

Yeah, in the official version it's just another Enforcer. That way in a normal game, it shows up almost exactly like GTA3.

And the Miami Vice like guys are now called swat1 through swat8 if you want to get the VC files (which are called vice1 to vice8)

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:51 PM Edited by benisablink182fan, 05 January 2006 - 11:55 PM.

Thanks - I just figured out the first part and managed to install it after making a few minor adjustments.

I'll see what I can do with adding the undercover dudes - it's just a case of extracting them from the VC img, renaming them, and adding them to the LC img right?

Will that still leave the ordinary FBI dudes in the Enforcers?

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 06 January 2006 - 12:02 AM Edited by Konstantinos, 06 January 2006 - 12:05 AM.

It's just as you say. But these aren't FBI guys in Enforcers but SWAT guys (quite logically, since it's a SWAT truck smile.gif ) Yes, they will be left there since they are referenced as SWAT, while those who replaced VC's undercover cops are SWAT1-8

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 06 January 2006 - 12:25 AM

Hmm yeah, thanks. But I figured that out too. I guess I should've just tried it myself before posting. Oh well, at least others won't have any excuse since it's right here. I'll post some detailed instructions on how to install silver's GTA3 FBI Cheetah mod in the Unofficial Mods topic now that I've got it sorted. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users