FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
344 replies to this topic
Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 12 November 2005 - 08:29 AM

Probably for the same reason that "sportscars" don't appear in Portland in GTA3. It is kinda silly though when there are parked ones in Portland. I guess that's the case so that people can test them out without having to get to Staunton Island or SSV, and without having to turn the debug feature on.

I never really understood why sportscars weren't in traffic in GTA3 anyway - I spose it's kinda like a reward when you get to Staunton.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 12 November 2005 - 09:00 AM

It was a choice we made when we coded the scm. And as far as GTA3 is concerned, there are no sports cars in Portland because Portland is the sh@#ty part of town. People don't drive nice cars like Cheetahs or Inferni (Infernusses???) in the bad side of town.

We thought the same would be true about nice bikes. But there are at least two PCJs parked in Portland to make up for the lack of them in traffic.

Killswitch
  • Killswitch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2005 - 11:15 AM

i downloaded a 62mb installer from Here . when i start a new game i start off on a bridge with 250health and armor and $30000. there are no missions and everything is unlocked. is there a patch or something which adds missions or is there some kind of editing involved to start a fresh game with missions to do and islands to unlock? im really lost ive been searching everywhere in this forum for answers

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 12 November 2005 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (Killswitch @ Nov 12 2005, 06:15)
i downloaded a 62mb installer from Here . when i start a new game i start off on a bridge with 250health and armor and $30000. there are no missions and everything is unlocked. is there a patch or something which adds missions or is there some kind of editing involved to start a fresh game with missions to do and islands to unlock? im really lost ive been searching everywhere in this forum for answers

That means you have debug mode on. I'm not sure how to turn it off. I don't think you can, but I'm probably wrong.

meisterpk
  • meisterpk

Liberty City Lunatic

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:31 PM

You downloaded the very first beta version of GTA LC,
visit the Download the Mod topic to get the latest version!

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 November 2005 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (DarthSlurpee @ Nov 13 2005, 01:23)
QUOTE (Killswitch @ Nov 12 2005, 06:15)

That means you have debug mode on. I'm not sure how to turn it off. I don't think you can, but I'm probably wrong.

If you're curious to know how to switch between debug on and off, see this question and answer from the first post - I've updated it to show how to turn debug off once it's on.

QUOTE (1st Post @ FAQ)

QuestionAnswer
How can I unlock the 3 islands to explore GTA:LC without completing the missions?GTA:LC has an in-built debug feature for testing.  It unlocks all of the islands and all of the missions, and gives you 250 Health and Armor, as well as $100 000.  It also shows your location in red text in the top left corner of the screen.
To turn the debug feature on (which gives you these extras), open up your main.scm.txt file (it's in your GTA-LC/data folder) with BW's Mission Builder 1.5 (you will need to select your GTA-LC folder when prompted) and search for 0004: $MASTERLCDEBUG = 0 and change the 0 to 1.  Recompile the main.scm (this may take a few minutes) by pressing F7.
Don't forget to start a new game - ANYTIME THE MAIN.SCM FILE IS MODIFIED, YOU MUST START A NEW GAME - SAVE GAMES WILL NO LONGER WORK.

You can also switch back to "normal" settings by turning the debug feature off again.  To do that, simply do the same as turning it on, but change the 1 back to a 0.  Don't forget to recompile again.

But, like meisterpk said, you (Killswitch) need to go to the Download the mod thread and pick up the latest version.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:34 AM

There is an easier solution to that question now, Ben. In the LC_SCM download, I've included 3 different scm files. The main.scm is the default GTA:LC code. Then there is another scm file named debug.scm (or something similar). And finally there's a stripped scm in there as well. To use any of the other scms, you simply have to rename the one you want to main.scm and put it in the data folder (make sure you backup!)

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 November 2005 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE (Killswitch @ Nov 12 2005, 11:15)

yeah that is v1
i downloaded it just for stunting (because the REPLAY works in it)
its still a cool version with a few things to do, but i would really recomend the latest one. although there is a huge installer problem so look at page one of this topic if you are having problems.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 14 November 2005 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Nov 13 2005, 22:34)
There is an easier solution to that question now, Ben. In the LC_SCM download, I've included 3 different scm files. The main.scm is the default GTA:LC code. Then there is another scm file named debug.scm (or something similar). And finally there's a stripped scm in there as well. To use any of the other scms, you simply have to rename the one you want to main.scm and put it in the data folder (make sure you backup!)

Thanks Craig, I forgot about that. Anyway, I fixed up the first post to include that.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 November 2005 - 01:43 AM

i was about to point that out craig, i downloaded it when i was too lazy to complete the missions. its very useful and extremely easy to use, i would recommend downloaing it if your into stunting and dont want to beat all the missions. too bad the replay doesnt work though, but it does on a stripped SCM.

,GTA_Thomas

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 16 November 2005 - 12:08 AM

OK listen everyone: I don't like to boast, but I'm officially the first one to complete a 100%! Yeah! I rock !! I'm da man !!! devil.gif (thinking about it, I actually do like to boast smile.gif )

The reason I'm writing this (except for making a fool outta myself for your entertainment) is that several people have requested a 100% savefile. And since that thread got binned I'm putting it down here, because it's asked in the FAQ. Yes, it's true that the mod is not finished, and changes to the scm make savegames incompatible, BUT. I'm pretty sure that this is the last script update we'll ever see for v5, as Craig is now fully concentrating on v6. And since that won't be released as fully playable for some time yet, you may as well stick to v5.
So, if anyone is interested in the 100% save, GRAB IT HERE and enjoy. IMO it's pretty useless, much like that $6.362.579 Claude has on him tounge.gif, but some people obviously want it.

@ben, you may consider updating the first page with this. again... wink.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 November 2005 - 03:12 AM

sounds cool kon! although i have to agree, it does seem to be pretty useless, but it can be very helpful to those who dont like debug or doing missions tounge.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 16 November 2005 - 06:05 AM

Konstantinos: I'm assuming that you haven't played Bullion Run yet. You'll have to make sure you pass that mission when I upload the update smile.gif

Also, do you get a crash when you approach the SSV Import/Export garage? That was a bug that happened a long time ago and I received a report that it happened again. But I never got around to testing it.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 16 November 2005 - 12:33 PM

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. But are you saying that you will release an update for v5 yet, or shall I wait for v6?

About the I/E garage thing: It was causing a crash the 1st time I played. But then I loaded a save previous to filling the garage, did it again, and now it doesn't crash anymore. But it's still kinda malfunctioning - the door doesn't open when I stand in front of it, but only from a distance (about the same that caused it to crash before). Weird, since I was playing with the same script (the latest) all along, even as I made the pre-filling save.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:20 PM Edited by GTA_Thomas, 17 November 2005 - 12:01 AM.

yeah... i used your save file kon. it crashed a few times, but not every time. I cant even think about what could be wrong. although i dont know anything about programming, modding, or coding. Also, how are those .col files going for the buildings, it also seems as though the bridges need a new col file as well. nervous.gif

also, if ben doesnt get on the forums before the 20th (because in his sig it says he'll be gone from the 20th to the 25th), who is going to edit the FAQ to include that kon made a file and it is possible to beat the game 100%

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 17 November 2005 - 08:06 AM Edited by benisablink182fan, 17 November 2005 - 08:15 AM.

It's ok, I'll update it in a few minutes. I've been pretty busy the last few days and haven't had a chance to get on GTAForums.

Thanks Kon - someone should give you the power to update that post for me! Excellent work with getting to 100%. cool.gif

@Thomas - it doesn't matter if I'm not here because Craig or Y_Less can edit my post with their special modding powers! I'm sure they're quite capable of updating it for a week (or thereabouts) while I'm away if needs be.

EDIT - By the way, I remembered to credit Kon in the first post for his outstanding achievement. Nice work cookie.gif!

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ Nov 17 2005, 08:06)
It's ok, I'll update it in a few minutes. I've been pretty busy the last few days and haven't had a chance to get on GTAForums.

Thanks Kon - someone should give you the power to update that post for me! Excellent work with getting to 100%. cool.gif

@Thomas - it doesn't matter if I'm not here because Craig or Y_Less can edit my post with their special modding powers! I'm sure they're quite capable of updating it for a week (or thereabouts) while I'm away if needs be.

EDIT - By the way, I remembered to credit Kon in the first post for his outstanding achievement. Nice work cookie.gif!

In theory so could ModellingMan, but he hasn't been round here in months, and that last time he didn't exactly do alot (made one post IIRC).

Anyway, yeah. It's no problem. And if he's added it to the first page you can just change the file at the other end to a newer one and it'll all be fine.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:41 PM

i was just making sure one of the modderators saw the message in your sig. maybe you guys can put up a request for requits in that topic. becuase without anybody with mapping skills, where doomed! bored.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 18 November 2005 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (Y_Less @ Nov 10 2005, 21:59)
QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ Nov 10 2005, 15:55)
QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ Nov 8 2005, 10:24)
I have a theory on the "Insert CD Problem" - here goes:
People have been having problems because they don't have VC FULLY installed before they start installing LC so the launcher doesn't register that the radio stations are present (because they're not).  But, when people realise their mistake, they simply copy the VC radio stations over, but for some reason, the launcher doesn't update itself and register that they are now present, even though they are in the audio folder (if that makes sense; read it a couple more times if it doesn't!).

If this turns out to be true, perhaps it can be worked out of the launcher for v6, but we need some people with this problem to test it out first.  Please help out!

Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to test this theory out yet?

Does this sound like it has any credibility at all?

It does sound credible, I need to reinstall so I'll give it a go at some point in the next few days.

Alex, I was just wondering if you got around to testing this out yet, and if so, what happened? I'm keen to know before I'm away!

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 02:23 AM Edited by benisablink182fan, 26 November 2005 - 02:53 AM.

Ok, so I take it that you still haven't got around to testing this out - RealLife is more important anyway tounge.gif! I just did then and here's what happened:
-Copied my unmodded VC folder and renamed it LCtest
-Deleted VC radio stations from LCtest\Audio folder
-Made a clean LC install (no GTA3 audio)
-Went to Show Config -> Advanced -> Audio -> verify paths
-AUDIOLC\HEAD.WAV not found
-Restore -> AUDIO\WILD.ADF not found
-Closed Show Config
-Copied GTA3 audio over into audioLC folder
-Verify Paths -> All files valid
-Restore VC radio stations -> AUDIO\WILD.ADF not found
-Copy VC radio stations back into LCtest\Audio folder
-Restore VC radio stations -> All files valid
-Remove GTA3 radio stations from audioLC -> Verify Paths -> AUDIOLC\HEAD.WAV not found
-Restore all VC radio stations -> All files valid

So I guess I busted that theory. I did notice however, that each time I closed and the re-opened the Show Config utility, that the radio stations reverted back to the GTA3 ones, even if they weren't there.

I'd still appreciate it if some other people might test this out to give a wider test sample. I don't think it'll be too different, but then again, I don't understand why some people have problems with this - the launcher says it can't find WILD.ADF even though it's there, etc. I don't know if already having a working version still installed had any impact on this test - I don't see how it could, but PC's do weird things sometimes.

EDIT:
There are a couple of things I didn't test - maybe running gta-lc.exe before copying over the VC audio has some impact. Can't do it now though because I just deleted my LCtest folder. Oh well, perhaps someone would be willing to help out. Either PM me or just post your results here. Thanks guys.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:53 AM Edited by GTA_Thomas, 26 November 2005 - 07:21 AM.

well, if i had the gta3 audio id be glad to test with ya! but wait... cant i just make new mp3 files and name them HEAD, LIPS, RISE... would that still be the same? is so then i can test biggrin.gif
if not than im sorry for the pointless post cry.gif

i have another simple question: why doesnt the barracks have any reflections, im edition the cars and i see no reflection in the texture file confused.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:03 AM

Yeah, you can just make blank files, but they have to be .wav. The 9 are:
-HEAD
-LIPS
-RISE
-CLASS
-CHAT
-KJAH
-MSX
-GAME
-FLASH

I don't think the results will be very different though. I think we need someone who has a version where their PC won't find WILD.ADF even if it's there. But you can test too!

As for the barracks question - I really wouldn't know. Probably just a glitchy file.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:52 PM

ok thanks ben, i can test this right away...
also, i went through alot of the cars textures and alot of the cars have no sub textures just a white rectangle. is there any way i can get the textures for the cars?

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:45 AM

When You hold Look Behind and Sprint on foot you spawn a Delorean and General Lee. How do you change them into different cars?

If I posted in the wrong area sorry.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:56 AM

C'mon - FAQ topic. As far as I know, you can't change them - well, you'd have to edit the main.scm, but I don't know how.

Y_Less or Craig - please merge this.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:56 PM

Yes you'd have to edit the main.scm to change those vehicles. There are instructions on the first post of how to open and edit the scm file. For this change specifically, you'd need to open the main.scm.txt and search for LabelCARSPAWN (PCJ and Hunter) or LabelCAR2SPAWN (Delorean and General Lee).

I recently rewrote those threads to make it easier to change the cars. So I'll post the new code here. To change the cars, just change the 2nd and/or 3rd lines as you wish.
CODE
:LabelCARSPAWN
03A4: name_thread "C_SPAWN"
0004: 9@ = #PCJ600;; integer values
0004: 10@ = #HUNTER;; integer values

:LabelCARSPAWN1
0001: wait 500 ms
00D6: if 0
0256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined
004D: jump_if_false ££LabelCARSPAWN1
80E0:   NOT   player $PLAYER_CHAR driving
00D6: if 1
00E1:   key_pressed 0 16
00E1:   key_pressed 0 18
018C: play_sound 1 at 0.0 0.0 0.0
0172: 0@ = actor $PLAYER_ACTOR z_angle
04C4: create_coordinate 1@ 2@ 3@ from_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR offset -4.0 0.0 0.0
04C4: create_coordinate 4@ 5@ 6@ from_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR offset 4.0 0.0 0.0
0247: request_model 9@
0247: request_model 10@
038B: load_requested_models

:LabelCARSPAWN2
0001: wait 0 ms
0248:   model 9@ available
0248:   model 10@ available
004D: jump_if_false ££LabelCARSPAWN2
00A5: 7@ = create_car 9@ at 1@ 2@ 3@
00A5: 8@ = create_car 10@ at 4@ 5@ 6@
0175: set_car 7@ z_angle_to 0@
0175: set_car 8@ z_angle_to 0@
0249: release_model 9@
0249: release_model 10@
01C3: remove_references_to_car 7@;; Like turning a car into any random car
01C3: remove_references_to_car 8@;; Like turning a car into any random car
0002: jump ££LabelCARSPAWN1

And the second one:
CODE
:LabelCAR2SPAWN
03A4: name_thread "C2_SPWN"
0004: 9@ = #DELUXO;; integer values ;; DeLorean
0004: 10@ = #MESA;; integer values   ;; General Lee

:LabelCAR2SPAWN1
0001: wait 500 ms
0256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined
004D: jump_if_false ££LabelCAR2SPAWN1
80E0:   NOT   player $PLAYER_CHAR driving
00E1:   key_pressed 0 16
00E1:   key_pressed 0 19
018C: play_sound 1 at 0.0 0.0 0.0
0172: 0@ = actor $PLAYER_ACTOR z_angle
04C4: create_coordinate 1@ 2@ 3@ from_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR offset -4.0 0.0 0.0
04C4: create_coordinate 4@ 5@ 6@ from_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR offset 4.0 0.0 0.0
0247: request_model 9@
0247: request_model 10@
038B: load_requested_models

:LabelCAR2SPAWN2
0001: wait 0 ms
0248:   model 9@ available
0248:   model 10@ available
004D: jump_if_false ££LabelCAR2SPAWN2
00A5: 7@ = create_car 9@ at 1@ 2@ 3@
00A5: 8@ = create_car 10@ at 4@ 5@ 6@
0175: set_car 7@ z_angle_to 0@
0175: set_car 8@ z_angle_to 0@
0249: release_model 9@
0249: release_model 10@
02AC: set_car 7@ immunities 1 1 1 1 1
053F: set_car 7@ tires_vulnerable 0
02AC: set_car 8@ immunities 1 1 1 1 1
053F: set_car 8@ tires_vulnerable 0
01C3: remove_references_to_car 7@;; Like turning a car into any random car
01C3: remove_references_to_car 8@;; Like turning a car into any random car
0002: jump ££LabelCAR2SPAWN1

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 November 2005 - 09:30 PM

do the exact thing craig told you to do. i changed it to a pcj and yakuza stinger, you can guess i like to go fast cool.gif

scalliano
  • scalliano

Ice Cold Killa

• Members

Posted 28 November 2005 - 11:36 PM

Nice work on the 100% save, Kon! No I/E garage crash for me, though rah.gif

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 November 2005 - 12:00 AM

Thanks Craig! icon14.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2005 - 12:37 AM

will you guys be adding audio to the L-Train on Portland and the Subway?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users